Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I think Pittman has high upside, but #1 in the class? That's coach speak.

He said it during the draft process - With the Next Pick, I think.  I'm not saying Pittman is the best WR in the class, but Frank must have believed it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe Ballard will allow TY to test the market to see what his league value is and then Ballard will make him a fair offer on a 1-2 yr deal to give TY the opportunity to remain and finish his care

I would guess that the team knows what TY is worth to them. I think's its more than some of you believe....but unfortunately probably less than what other teams are willing to give. 

TY our best option? Not hardly. He’s not what he once was. However, having Wentz should help him if we were to re-sign him

Just now, #12. said:

He said it during the draft process - With the Next Pick, I think.  I'm not saying Pittman is the best WR in the class, but Frank must have believed it.

Well, if he believed it then, he's probably back down to reality now. Not saying Pittman is bad at all, but he has a lot to work on. I really like him and think he'll take a big step forward. Even so though, just not sure I want an X as a #1. Not sure it would be pretty if Pittman was drawing the doubles. I prefer a more dynamic #1. Campbell, if he can stay healthy, might be that guy. If not, need a new Z or Z/slot type.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Well, if he believed it then, he's probably back down to reality now. Not saying Pittman is bad at all, but he has a lot to work on. I really like him and think he'll take a big step forward. Even so though, just not sure I want an X as a #1. Not sure it would be pretty if Pittman was drawing the doubles. I prefer a more dynamic #1. Campbell, if he can stay healthy, might be that guy. If not, need a new Z or Z/slot type.

If TY leaves, it likely because we signed one of the top guys on the market or plan to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

If TY leaves, it likely because we signed one of the top guys on the market or plan to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round

Doubt we chase a big FA. Doubt we draft one early either. Maybe if we solve for DE in free agency I could see a 2nd rounder. Or if we turn out first rounder into two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and 3rd. 

IMO, if TY leaves, it'll be because he's asking for too much, or we simply run out of money. Purely my opinion, but I think Houston, Autry, and Rhodes are all higher priority re-signs than TY from a productivity and value standpoint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here's where things stand, 9 days before the draft. Updates since my 3/26 post are bolded: (dollars rounded a bit)   Unrestricted free agents signed from other teams DE Isaac Rochell (former Charger) OT Sam Tevi (former Charger) OT Julién Davenport (former Dolphin) G Chris Reed (former Panther)   Colts unrestricted free agents re-signed RB Marlon Mack (1-yr, $2M) CB Xavier Rhodes (1-yr, $6.5M) WR T.Y. Hilton (1-yr, $10M, $8M guaranteed) C Joey Hunt (1-yr, $1M) DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (1-yr, $3.4M) CB T.J. Carrie (1-yr, $2M)   Colts restricted free agents re-signed S George Odum (right of first refusal, $2.1M) WR Zach Pascal (2nd round, $3.4M)   Colts restricted free agents tendered TE Mo Alie-Cox (2nd round, $3.4M, pending)   Colts exclusive rights free agents re-signed WR Ashton Dulin (1-yr extension) DT Taylor Stallworth (1-yr extension)   Acquired via trade QB Carson Wentz (from Eagles for 2 draft picks)   Claimed from other teams DT Andrew Brown (from Texans via waivers)   Colts unrestricted free agents signed by other teams DT Denico Autry (to the Titans, 3-yr, $21.5M, $9M guaranteed) QB Jacoby Brissett (to the Dolphins, 1-yr, $5M, fully guaranteed) LB Anthony Walker (to the Browns, 1-yr, $3.5M) S Tavon Wilson (to the 49ers, 1-yr, $1M)   Colts restricted Free Agents signed by other teams (not tendered by Colts) CB Tremon Smith (to the Texans, 1-yr, $1M)   Remaining unrestricted free agents TE Trey Burton OT Le’Raven Clark OT Chaz Green S Malik Hooker DE Justin Houston   Retirements QB Philip Rivers OT Anthony Castonzo   Reserve/Futures Contracts Defense CB Andre Chachere CB Roderic Teamer CB Will Sunderland DT Chris Williams DT Kameron Cline DT Rob Windsor S Ibraheim Campbell Offense G Jake Eldrenkamp G Sam Jones OT Carter O’Donnell RB Darius Anderson RB Paul Perkins TE Andrew Vollert TE Farrod Green WR Quartney Davis Special Teams P Austin Rehkow   Most data for this list was obtained from https://coltswire.usatoday.com/.
    • But in what is called a weak DE draft class, how much if any will a 1st or especially a 2nd round pick improve the DE group??
    • They did a mock recently alternating picks on ESPN   Kiper at 21 Jaelan Phillips   I can't believe this is the first edge rusher off the board. Phillips has a history of injuries -- he medically retired from football when he was at UCLA -- but there's no denying his pass-rush traits. And that's the Colts' biggest need.   McShay at 54 Dillon Radunz   Remember when new Colts QB Carson Wentzwas under fire every Sunday last season in Philadelphia? It didn't go so well. And left tackle Anthony Castonzo just retired.
    • So even if we draft an edge rusher this year, based on Ballard's comments, they won't really contribute this year.  So all of the concern that we must draft an ER early to save us this year aren't really valid in Ballard's view.    
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,147

• Hoose

Hoose 1,191

• Misty_B

Misty_B 0

Rookie
    • ColtsGermany

ColtsGermany 310

• Myles

Myles 4,199