Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get ty signed.

bleed blue4life

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I think Pittman has high upside, but #1 in the class? That's coach speak.

He said it during the draft process - With the Next Pick, I think.  I'm not saying Pittman is the best WR in the class, but Frank must have believed it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #12. said:

He said it during the draft process - With the Next Pick, I think.  I'm not saying Pittman is the best WR in the class, but Frank must have believed it.

Well, if he believed it then, he's probably back down to reality now. Not saying Pittman is bad at all, but he has a lot to work on. I really like him and think he'll take a big step forward. Even so though, just not sure I want an X as a #1. Not sure it would be pretty if Pittman was drawing the doubles. I prefer a more dynamic #1. Campbell, if he can stay healthy, might be that guy. If not, need a new Z or Z/slot type.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Well, if he believed it then, he's probably back down to reality now. Not saying Pittman is bad at all, but he has a lot to work on. I really like him and think he'll take a big step forward. Even so though, just not sure I want an X as a #1. Not sure it would be pretty if Pittman was drawing the doubles. I prefer a more dynamic #1. Campbell, if he can stay healthy, might be that guy. If not, need a new Z or Z/slot type.

If TY leaves, it likely because we signed one of the top guys on the market or plan to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

If TY leaves, it likely because we signed one of the top guys on the market or plan to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round

Doubt we chase a big FA. Doubt we draft one early either. Maybe if we solve for DE in free agency I could see a 2nd rounder. Or if we turn out first rounder into two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and 3rd. 

IMO, if TY leaves, it'll be because he's asking for too much, or we simply run out of money. Purely my opinion, but I think Houston, Autry, and Rhodes are all higher priority re-signs than TY from a productivity and value standpoint.

Archived