Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson already upsets Titans fan

Jeremy Waldon

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

He hasnt even taken a snap and the Colts are upsetting the Titans fans haha love it

That’s a really good podcast.  I liked it.  And loved the content obv.  

here’s my hope on the Titans games this year.   I hope the prior week we can limit Buckner use so he is healthy for the Titans. I think he was the main difference between the win and the loss last year 

As a Colts fan...I don’t really agree. Colts have probably started almost 10 different QBs at one time or another since Luck initially got hurt in 2015. They have started 6 since Ballard got here....and 5 of those (Luck, JB, Rivers, Wentz, Tolzien) were all slated to be starters at some point...though Tolzien was back in 2017 before the JB deal. So 4 in 5 years...wow. 

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

That’s a really good podcast.  I liked it.  And loved the content obv.  

here’s my hope on the Titans games this year.   I hope the prior week we can limit Buckner use so he is healthy for the Titans. I think he was the main difference between the win and the loss last year 

He was solid. I liked his personality. Sounds like he is a Hoosier (collegiate wise) as well. 

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

As a Colts fan...I don’t really agree. Colts have probably started almost 10 different QBs at one time or another since Luck initially got hurt in 2015. They have started 6 since Ballard got here....and 5 of those (Luck, JB, Rivers, Wentz, Tolzien) were all slated to be starters at some point...though Tolzien was back in 2017 before the JB deal. So 4 in 5 years...wow. 

I think that’s been over a very short period compared to other franchises and their search for a qb.  The colts have been very fortunate with getting qbs.   Well see if cw pans out though

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

He was solid. I liked his personality. Sounds like he is a Hoosier (collegiate wise) as well. 

Sssme here.  I hope I remember to listen to him on Titans week. 

12 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I think that’s been over a very short period compared to other franchises and their search for a qb.  The colts have been very fortunate with getting qbs.  

I feel like 50 years from now people are going to be saying "the Colts got lucky with QB's" even if we're starting rando scrubs every other year from here until then.

Somewhere between Peyton's neck injury, Luck's IR trips, Hasselbecks burrito (huh huh), Josh Freeman and Charlie Whitehurst doing a dragonball z trick, off and on again Jacoby Bissett and now rehabbing Carson, I'm going to go ahead and say it. This last decade will be wildly overrated as it pertains to the Colts QB situation.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I feel like 50 years from now people are going to be saying "the Colts got lucky with QB's" even if we're starting rando scrubs every other year from here until then.

Somewhere between Peyton's neck injury, Luck's IR trips, Hasselbecks burrito (huh huh), Josh Freeman and Charlie Whitehurst doing a dragonball z trick, off and on again Jacoby Bissett and now rehabbing Carson, I'm going to go ahead and say it. This last decade will be wildly overrated as it pertains to the Colts QB situation.

Compared to other teams we are super lucky.   The 49ers went from Montana to young. The pack from favre to Rodgers us from Peyton to luck but so many others go a decade or more trying to find the next guy.   

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It is rare to have QB's back to back like Peyton from 1998-2010, then Luck from 2012-2014 in that specific time frame. That is 16 seasons where we had no worries at this position. In those 16 seasons we made the playoffs 14 times, only 2 times we missed was Peyton's rookie year and in 2001. We made 2 SBs (2006, 2009) and won one with Peyton in 2006 and even made an AFC Title Game with Luck in 2014. We were spolied.

I didn't count 2011 because no Peyton or Luck.

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If you lived through the eighties and early 90’s as a Colts fan you would realize that all of the above is really nothing as far as QB suffering goes.  Colts have been very fortunate all things considered post Manning and Luck thus far.  The difference is competency in the front office. 

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If you lived through the eighties and early 90’s as a Colts fan you would realize that all of the above is really nothing as far as QB suffering goes.  Colts have been very fortunate all things considered post Manning and Luck thus far.  The difference is competency in the front office. 

yeah, but in defense of my point I did say "the last decade"..

And the 90's Colts had Jim Harbaugh playing in the AFCCG and Peyton Manning... that's something on paper at least.

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah from 1984 until Peyton got here in 1998 the only QB we had that was worth anything was Harbuagh. That was the 1995 season where Harbaugh was actually very good if not great. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

yeah, but in defense of my point I did say "the last decade"..

And the 90's Colts had Jim Harbaugh playing in the AFCCG and Peyton Manning... that's something on paper at least.

Duly noted.  Also in defense of mine...that is why I said early 90’s. Harbaugh run came in 95-96. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah from 1984 until Peyton got here in 1998 the only QB we had that was worth anything was Harbuagh. That was the 1995 season where Harbaugh was actually very good if not great. 

Exactly!

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We were spolied.

I submit that title goes to the Patriots. 

And it's not like the Colts were a clear second place finisher in that macro picture. The Giants with their two SB wins over the best iteration of the Patriots and the Steelers and their 2 out of 3- heck the Packers under Rodgers are further into their time than the Colts were with Peyton, and the had Farve up and running in the early 90's... it's still going on. They've got a decade of stable play compared to what I laid out this last decade was for the Colts. I feel like Luck's presence is still highly regarded, where I look at it as a murky thing these days. He's was great, don't get me wrong, but it was very on and off with his status and we did do some 8-8's with him.

So, no we didn't have it bad. But I agree with me (shock). The meme that the Colts have it just awesome at the position isn't the whole story. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember after the last game of the season, harbuagh being asked by a reporter in the locker room what he would do with the first pick with manning and leaf available he said “I’d pick one of those guys”.  It * me off they would ask him that. 

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

I remember after the last game of the season, harbuagh being asked by a reporter in the locker room what he would do with the first pick with manning and leaf available he said “I’d pick one of those guys”.  It * me off they would ask him that. 

That’s a pretty brutal hardcore question coming from the usually soft Indy media. Got..Dang gummit!  Lol

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I submit that title goes to the Patriots. 

And it's not like the Colts were a clear second place finisher in that macro picture. The Giants with their two SB wins over the best iteration of the Patriots and the Steelers and their 2 out of 3- heck the Packers under Rodgers are further into their time than the Colts were with Peyton, and the had Farve up and running in the early 90's... it's still going on. They've got a decade of stable play compared to what I laid out this last decade was for the Colts. I feel like Luck's presence is still highly regarded, where I look at it as a murky thing these days. He's was great, don't get me wrong, but it was very on and off with his status and we did do some 8-8's with him.

So, no we didn't have it bad. But I agree with me (shock). The meme that the Colts have it just awesome at the position isn't the whole story. 

Whether we rank 2nd over the last 2 decades regarding best franchises is debatable. As you pointed out the Giants, Steelers, and even Ravens have won 2 SB's since the 2000 season and we have won 1. Having said that we still have more wins than any of those franchises over that time frame so we are top 5 at worse, top 5 over 20 years is still being spoiled. The Giants for example have been bad in a lot of years over the past 2 decades as well.

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I watched a special about Ryan Leaf on youtube the other day. It was about his career, life, etc.. In that special it was said that 14 out of 20 GM's that were polled would've took Leaf over Peyton in the 1998 draft. That is scary, Polian was even 50/50 is what that special said. That is how great Leaf was in college and the arm strength he had. Polian took Peyton because of the teams interview of both players and thank God haha 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched a special about Ryan Leaf on youtube the other day. It was about his career, life, etc.. In that special it was said that 14 out of 20 GM's that were polled would've took Leaf over Peyton in the 1998 draft. That is scary, Polian was even 50/50 is what that special said. That is how great Leaf was in college and the arm strength he had. Polian took Peyton because of the teams interview of both players and thank God haha 

I remember watching the bowl games and thinking leaf was better.  I would have ruined the franchise if I were gm!

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I remember watching the bowl games and thinking leaf was better.  I would have ruined the franchise if I were gm!

I am going to be honest I was 50/50 on it. That is where fans are at a disadvantage compared to GM's because we can't interview these guys. During the interviews, Polian asked Leaf what will you do if we draft you 1st? Leaf responded by saying, I am going to Vegas for a week to party and celebrate being the #1 pick. Peyton responded by saying, if you don't draft me I will make sure I kick your teams butt and every other team in the league's butt for the next 15 years. He went on to say he wanted to be the best QB ever and wanted to follow in the foot steps of Dan Marino. Marino was Peyton's idol.  

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to be honest I was 50/50 on it. That is where fans are at a disadvantage compared to GM's because we can't interview these guys. During the interviews, Polian asked Leaf what will you do if we draft you 1st? Leaf responded by saying, I am going to Vegas for a week to party and celebrate being the #1 pick. Peyton responded by saying, if you don't draft me I will make sure I kick your teams butt and every other team in the league's butt for the next 15 years. He went on to say he wanted to be the best QB ever and wanted to follow in the foot steps of Dan Marino. Marino was Peyton's idol.  

The magnitude and complexity of that decision gets lost in hindsight.  It was very close between the two coming out of college. I was leaning slightly towards Manning but not by much.  Manning was the more polished NFL ready guy whereas Leaf was the guy with the cannon arm and rare physical traits.  I recall praying before our pick that the Colts would pick the right guy. I think He answered that one. Lol 

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The magnitude and complexity of that decision gets lost in hindsight.  It was very close between the two coming out of college. I was leaning slightly towards Manning but not by much.  Manning was the more polished NFL ready guy whereas Leaf was the guy with the cannon arm and rare physical traits.  I recall praying before our pick that the Colts would pick the right guy. I think He answered that one. Lol 

Yep I was 50/50 on it. I loved Leaf's arm strength  and he had good accuracy. It was close and even on the wonderlic test Peyton only outscored him 28-27. The interview is what swung it, that is where Polian figured out Peyton was the man. Leaf was immature, Peyton was smart for his age and came from a football family.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

His point was the Colts have not suffered 4 or 5 years in a row of bad QB play. You may have missed that.

Titans fans are annoying and rude. I feel bad for Jags fans, and Texans fans have always been nice to me. I used to really like visiting Nashville, but it’s too crowded, and their fans are seriously obnoxious. The only fanbase worse than the Titans are Ravens, Steelers, and Pats fans.

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Well...   you started with “almost 10” and then finished with 4.   So I’m not sure I get whatever point you were trying to make? 

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Our first taste of success came with Captain Comeback then Peyton Manning came in for a decade of excellence . !2 brought the same but fell short thanks to incompetent GM & HC . 

Carson Wentz has a great opportunity  to shine & we COLTS fans should recognize that the situation Luck went thru as well as Wentz started out well but then the wheels feel off .

We all watched our hopes go up in smoke when 12 retired but we also watched the abuse & we understood his reasoning with a top 5 offensive line, a running game & a pretty good defense the sky is the limit for Carson Wentz  look what old man Rivers record now insert this 28 year old into that situation with some new pieces added in FA & the draft well my friends IMO the COLTS fans are in for a treat this next season & it  will be awesome .  I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable  football fan but I'v  been on the Colts bandwagon since the Mayflowers arrived seen many QB's come & go . 

I think the price was right & that Carson Wentz will quickly all doubters wrong . I Believe in the Blue .:colts:

2 hours ago, DattMavis said:

Titans fans are annoying and rude. I feel bad for Jags fans, and Texans fans have always been nice to me. I used to really like visiting Nashville, but it’s too crowded, and their fans are seriously obnoxious. The only fanbase worse than the Titans are Ravens, Steelers, and Pats fans.

The Steelers fans are the worst brother when Captain Comeback took our Colts to the AFC Championship they were throwing stuff at COLTS fans batteries is what a friend told me he was at the game . 

Only 2 places I have chatted are here and over at ESPN. The ESPN days were from 2009-2012 and it was on game threads of the team we were playing each week. On those game threads there would be 1000's of posts on gameday. The worse fan bases I have encountered as far as being rude and talking smack were Steelers, Patriots, and Jets fans. That was when the Jets were good = 2009 and 2010. ESPN did away with regular chat in 2013 so I took a break and I joined here in 2015.

Archived