Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Meet Carson James Wentz (Info and Poll)


Meet Carson James Wentz (and poll)  

142 members have voted

  1. 1. Colts/Carson will have how many wins in 2021

    • 14 or more: One of the elite teams
    • 12-13: Very good
    • 10-11: Good
    • 7-9: Mediocre
    • 5-6: Bad
      0
    • 4 or less: Just shoot me
  2. 2. Carson will have how many yards in 2021

  3. 3. How many games will Carson play in 2021


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/2021 at 02:37 AM

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Welcome to the forum! 

 

What exactly is the video that you posted? 

Thanks!

I just need to figure out how your board is set up so my links post properly, sorry about that.

 

Everyone that ever meet the kid knew he would be in the NFL.  Hes a huge dork but I think he will do really well in Indy.  I am just hoping that he stays healthy and gets you guys to the big game.

 

Just a warning, you will probably be seeing more of us NDSU fans on your board.   

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Everyone that ever meet the kid knew he would be in the NFL.

 

I wrote in another thread that one of the moderators of the Daily Norseman (Vikings site) is from Bismarck, ND.where Wentz is from. He knows Wentz personally and sang his praises. He too thought Wentz would do well in the NFL. 

 

3 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

  I am just hoping that he stays healthy and gets you guys to the big game.

 

I'd like to see that, but I'm a Vikings fan. We need to win one too. :)

 

3 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Just a warning, you will probably be seeing more of us NDSU fans on your board

 

No problem.

 

3 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

just need to figure out how your board is set up so my links post properly, sorry about that

 

Once you have 10 posts approved, you will see your comments displayed immediately after posting. You have a few posts to go before you will be able to do that. 

 

I look forward to seeing more comments from you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yes... 

disagree. Reign in the hero shots downfield and get the ball out of his hand quicker and let the running game do it's job. Not exactly rocket science. Separation from the receivers would help obviously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DougDew said:

People can be different birds.  Some require different management styles.  Wentz apparently is intelligent and has an Alpha personality, but may also not take having his ego bruised very well.  He probably needs somebody who is also Alpha, but that he thinks is equally intelligent who he respects when receiving attaboy comments.  Maybe its not the best personality to have but nobody's perfect.  An intelligent guy with a strong personality is a better personality to work with for a QB than someone who is dumb and meek.  JMO.

 

I agree DD IMO thats what makes this such a great deal he wanted to be here with Frank Reich they have that connection this Sir is a match made in heaven & in my humble opinion for Carson Wentz this is the best thing that could of happened . 

 

IMO we have a new Captain Comeback .  18 & 12  would have done so much better had they had this current COLTS roster around them during there careers .

 

                                      I LOVE MY COLTS 2021 :colts:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, groundnpound said:

disagree. Reign in the hero shots downfield and get the ball out of his hand quicker and let the running game do it's job. Not exactly rocket science. Separation from the receivers would help obviously.

 

Big daddy they gotta do it all if the defense is not worried about the long ball there job gets easier .  You must use all the tools in your toolbox if you expect success . Frank Reich understands this he will use the whole field . 

 

Bruce Arians long ball with Luck was to much that I would not like to see . With Reich you IMO won't be disappointed .

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Thanks!

I just need to figure out how your board is set up so my links post properly, sorry about that.

 

Everyone that ever meet the kid knew he would be in the NFL.  Hes a huge dork but I think he will do really well in Indy.  I am just hoping that he stays healthy and gets you guys to the big game.

 

Just a warning, you will probably be seeing more of us NDSU fans on your board.   

 

 

 

Welcome Brother we have a big tent :thmup:,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 8:27 AM, DougDew said:

Yes.  Agreed, cultural fit is not a significant reason, but it does contribute to decision making.  When things go wrong, fingers get pointed.  And fans probably tend to point fingers at the folks that are the least like themselves.  Like the Broadway Joe Namath example.  He embraced the NYC culture at the time.  Even though his stats were never wonderful, the fans were probably quicker to blame others for the problems rather than the guy who resembled themselves. 

 

Not a pleasant aspect of human nature, but it will never go away, ever, so smart organizations and people learn to address it.

 

Philly is right there in the big metropolis that extends from Boston through NYC/NJ and down to Washington DC.  Crossing the Appalachians starts the midwest and emphasis on different things in different priorities.  Not a big deal, but something to not ignore either.

 

And I think that cultural fit played a role in the Hurts/Wentz decision for Philly.  Obviously the quality of play and price tag are the driving factors, as well as coaching issues, but also it matters how much effort are you going to expend to be supportive when you have some fundamental things that will never change working against you and will always be struggling to conquer.  Best for both is to just move on.   I think Wentz was smart enough to see that and sort of forced their hand a bit.

 

So far with everything I've seen and heard I'm glad the Colts have him. 

 

Lets hope he plays well.  I'm more concerned about how many picks he'll throw and sacks he'll take rather than how many yards he gets.  The yards will come later, IMO.


They gave him $128M roughly 10 months earlier...despite this “cultural fit.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

 

I agree DD IMO thats what makes this such a great deal he wanted to be here with Frank Reich they have that connection this Sir is a match made in heaven & in my humble opinion for Carson Wentz this is the best thing that could of happened . 

 

IMO we have a new Captain Comeback .  18 & 12  would have done so much better had they had this current COLTS roster around them during there careers .

 

                                      I LOVE MY COLTS 2021 :colts:

Hmmmm....What else did Manning need to be successful? Granted the D was never top 10. However, Polian continually provided #18 with 1st round talent. Manning crapped the bed in the playoffs, not the defence.  The D played to level afforded to them by Polians drafting. The same could not be said for #18. He continually choked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm....What else did Manning need to be successful? Granted the D was never top 10. However, Polian continually provided #18 with 1st round talent. Manning crapped the bed in the playoffs, not the defence.  The D played to level afforded to them by Polians drafting. The same could not be said for #18. He continually choked.

Hmmmm....

How do I get back. on the " meet Carson James  Wentz" thread???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm....What else did Manning need to be successful? Granted the D was never top 10. However, Polian continually provided #18 with 1st round talent. Manning crapped the bed in the playoffs, not the defence.  The D played to level afforded to them by Polians drafting. The same could not be said for #18. He continually choked.

 

On Offense Manning had everything he wanted I agree .   Polian on defense mostly sucked Chris Ballard on the other hand understands offense draws crowds defense wins games you need the total package , 18 built many leads only to watch the defense blow it . I agree 18 did choke how many of those losses would have occurred with this defense ? 

 

I watched & it was hard but I did;nt see then what I see now when or offense screws up the defense is there to bail them out thats what happens its a team sport the QB's get both to much credit as well as blame . 

 

No one is perfect IMO the teams surrounding both 18 & 12 had there flaws which were greatly exploited as you & I witnessed . 

 

Both 18 & 12 tried to do to much & in those situations' S' happens  . All I can say is 18 went to Denver & choked his way into the record books because they did not  choose the Polian way & you saw the results , Consider this how long was 18 a Colt & How long was he a Bronco ?   And lastly how many SB's did 18 play in . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, shasta519 said:


They gave him $128M roughly 10 months earlier...despite this “cultural fit.” 

Not sure what your point is.  My point is that it matters, but is not the driving factor.  Your post makes it seem like cultural fit is more important than what I'm suggesting. 

 

I'm sure they gave him $128M because they thought he was their QB of the present and future, but that soured quickly after they gave him the money.  If anything other than strictly poor play and attitude towards the HC, the Philly FO made a bigger deal out of cultural fit, or lack thereof, more than I am.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A "cultural fit" in philly is nearly impossible for Wentz (I wont go into the reasons due to the board rules).  The Eagles locker room is a disaster for myriad reasons.  I doubt any QB in Wentz situation would have done well.  ND people dont do drama and the Eagles are nothing but drama.  The media reporting "anonymous sources"  split the locker room into "against Wentz" or "defend Wentz" and management did nothing to resolve the issue.  Wentz was in a no-win situation.  The Eagles will be garbage until they can fix their internal issues and Hurts is in for a very bumpy road.   I predict the philly fans will be calling for his blood half way through the season.  The Wentz trade regret will be real for the Eagles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NDSU_Guy said:

The Eagles will be garbage until they can fix their internal issues and Hurts is in for a very bumpy road. 

 

Hi again. :highfive2:  I think Eagles fans agree. One Eagles site had an article predicting that the 2021 Eagles would be "historically bad" this upcoming year. 

 

I think they will probably draft a QB this year; so, there is no guarantee Hurts will start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NDSU_Guy said:

A "cultural fit" in philly is nearly impossible for Wentz (I wont go into the reasons due to the board rules).  The Eagles locker room is a disaster for myriad reasons.  I doubt any QB in Wentz situation would have done well.  ND people dont do drama and the Eagles are nothing but drama.  The media reporting "anonymous sources"  split the locker room into "against Wentz" or "defend Wentz" and management did nothing to resolve the issue.  Wentz was in a no-win situation.  The Eagles will be garbage until they can fix their internal issues and Hurts is in for a very bumpy road.   I predict the philly fans will be calling for his blood half way through the season.  The Wentz trade regret will be real for the Eagles.

 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Hi again. :highfive2:  I think Eagles fans agree. One Eagles site had an article predicting that the 2021 Eagles would be "historically bad" this upcoming year. 

 

I think they will probably draft a QB this year; so, there is no guarantee Hurts will start. 

 

Agree with most of this. Wentz was in a no win situation in Philly. The media and some fans ripped him apart for no reason. Last year was a crap show with massive injuries, poor draft choices, and really bad coaching. i was hoping Doug would get fired and Wentz would get at least one year to prove himself with a new coach in a new system. A system similar to what Frank brought in in 2017 when he took over game planning and scripting. A more balanced offense that would use the run game to set up the pass game. A system that would use plays to match strengths of its skill players. Doug sadly was the complete oppt which was proven in each year he was 100% in charge of the offense 2016,2018-2020. Under Doug this offense was ranked in the bottom half the the league year in and year out. Top 5 worst in first half points. Under Frank in 2017 we had the number 1 offense in the league and number 1 in first half points. Big difference when you have a good game planner that designs game plans to carter against the team you are playing each week. 

 

The fans are split. You have Wentz supporters and Wentz Haters. Its pretty heated arguments at times. Funny thing is most of the Wentz haters who wanted Hurts to start now don't even want Hurts, they want a rookie QB drafted in the first round. The Wentz supporters understand the situation and feel we just have to rebuild from scratch. I for one am a big Wentz supporter and see a bright future for him being back with Frank. I am very happy he did not go to the Bears where I think he would be in the same poor OC situation as he was in Philly since Nagy is pretty much the same scheme offense that Doug was. 

 

The locker room is not as split as you think. You have a few rookies that would prefer Hurts but a majority wanted Wentz. However they knew it was best for him to leave and get a fresh start in a better situation like Indy. The entire situation with Howie has been a meltdown and unfixable. 

 

The Eagles are for sure in a rebuild. I for one would NOT draft a QB this year. Better to build a team up then draft, sign or trade for a QB in a few years after you have a solid team for that QB to work with. That will save you cap money and not waste years of that QBs rookie contract building the team. Once you pay that massive 2nd year contract it kills your cap. 

 

I actually feel the writing is on the wall that the FO wants Hurts to be the starter with the hiring of Johnson for QB coach. Johnson has been a life long friend of the Hurts family since Jalen was 6 years old. They know each other well and Johnson's style of Qb is exactly what Jalen brings to the table. Im not a big scrambling style QB type but at this point it is the best option for a few years during this rebuild stage. Now will some fans call for hurts head? of course. Anyone who knows Philly knows the favorite QB is always the backup by a lot of the Media and fans that know nothing about football. Im more of a realistic fan. Now I do have playing experience in a Div 1 college and a few weeks in the NFL lol, so that helps me come to reality on certain situations and aspects on what goes on in that locker room and on the field. 

 

I think the worst part is what will happen with Howie Roseman in the next year or so? I give all the respect to Howie for having a key role in getting us a SB title in 2017. I think some of his picks have been more of a result of bad coaching. However i will say he messed up the entire 2020 draft picking most players one rounder earlier then they should have been. I was not a Reagor guy and felt it was a bad pick. Stories are all over on it was Doug's pick, it was Howie's pick, no one really will say. But the last few drafts and major contract extension mistakes have put this team in a hole for a few years. Most fans are just hoping Howie is gone within the next year. Doubtful but is the one thing most of the fans can agree on. 

 

I only get 5 posts per day as a new member so have to make the most out of them, lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

 

On Offense Manning had everything he wanted I agree .   Polian on defense mostly sucked Chris Ballard on the other hand understands offense draws crowds defense wins games you need the total package , 18 built many leads only to watch the defense blow it . I agree 18 did choke how many of those losses would have occurred with this defense ? 

 

I watched & it was hard but I did;nt see then what I see now when or offense screws up the defense is there to bail them out thats what happens its a team sport the QB's get both to much credit as well as blame . 

 

No one is perfect IMO the teams surrounding both 18 & 12 had there flaws which were greatly exploited as you & I witnessed . 

 

Both 18 & 12 tried to do to much & in those situations' S' happens  . All I can say is 18 went to Denver & choked his way into the record books because they did not  choose the Polian way & you saw the results , Consider this how long was 18 a Colt & How long was he a Bronco ?   And lastly how many SB's did 18 play in . 

#18 maybe the greatest regular season qb. Played very average in the play offs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I only get 5 posts per day as a new member so have to make the most out of them, lol. 

 

Welcome to the forum. :)

 

Once you reach 10 posts, you will have the same posting privileges as other members.

 

Quote

New Members may post 5 replies per 24 hour period until they reach 10 posts. They may *not* create a thread. Your 24 hour posting window is tied to the time of your first post. For example, if your first post was made at 4:34 PM, then you are allowed 5 posts between 4:34 PM and 4:33 PM. Once a new member has reached 10 posts, they become part of the 'Member' group and have the same posting privs as all other members."

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Carson will love Indianapolis. I can picture him buying some land somewhere in Johnson county or maybe further south. I think he’d  enjoy that. It would be a lot more like North Dakota than the Philly/Jersey area could offer. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 8:25 AM, groundnpound said:

disagree. Reign in the hero shots downfield and get the ball out of his hand quicker and let the running game do it's job. Not exactly rocket science. Separation from the receivers would help obviously.

I'm fine with that early. I'm not sure that's all that's wrong. I'll be really happy if he's just plain good out of the gate, and it was only a good OL and a change of scenery that was needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, BlueShoe said:

Carson will love Indianapolis. I can picture him buying some land somewhere in Johnson county or maybe further south. I think he’d  enjoy that. It would be a lot more like North Dakota than the Philly/Jersey area could offer. 
 

 

Yup. Land is cheap all around Indy. He could pick up 20+ acres for low dollar. If I were him, I'd partner with some of the guys in the locker room that enjoy hunting, buy some cheap hunting land, and build a house, or buy a house on the way, or in the area. Take a cheap apartment in the city for camp and season practice. He doesn't have to worry about school for the daughter yet, so he's got a ton of options. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Isn’t Wentz teamed up with his old Offensive coordinator now? That year he took Philly to the SB.

I'd say he's teamed up with his previous OC that didn't call plays, in a year where Foles won the SB :goodluck:

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'd say he's teamed up with his previous OC that didn't call plays, in a year where Foles won the SB :goodluck:

.... and never had a year as good as he did while leading them to the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

.... and never had a year as good as he did while leading them to the playoffs

All can be true. 

 

I'm really hoping Reich was one of the missing factors. There's certainly a lot of context and moving parts in the whole situation. IMO, the OL and running game in Indy will be the biggest factors to his success. Reich will likely slow roll him while he gets his mechanics corrected, confidence back, and fully up to speed with the scheme and chemistry with pass catchers.

 

I'm jazzed about him and Pittman working out together in Cali. I really hope some other pass catchers join.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...