Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz highlights

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not gonna lie, I saw a lot of Andrew in those highlights especially the escapes. 

If there's anyone that can revive his career, it's Frank Reich and the Colts.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48 on the Wonderlic, he must be the smartest QB of all-time. Give it a rest. 

He did go to Harvard haha

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48 on the Wonderlic, he must be the smartest QB of all-time. Give it a rest. 

Hes a Harvard grad and yes he is very intelligent. I just didnt use the wonderlic to support my argument. That being said. Go back and look at those who scored very high on the wonderlic. Then review how those individuals performed in University  and even after football. Dummies dont score high on the wonderlic. Those that do are very intelligent.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hes a Harvard grad and yes he is very intelligent. I just didnt use the wonderlic to support my argument. That being said. Go back and look at those who scored very high on the wonderlic. Then review how those individuals performed in University  and even after football. Dummies dont score high on the wonderlic. Those that do are very intelligent.

Football intelligence and book smart intelligence are 2 different things is my point. Mahomes scored a 24 on the Wonderlic and he is the best QB in football right now.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And yes u r correct. Fitzpatrick is probably one of the smartest qbs of all times.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Football intelligence and book smart intelligence are 2 different things is my point. Mahomes scored a 24 on the Wonderlic and he is the best QB in football right now.

Go back and read my initial post. I said intelligence!! I never said football intelligence.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Go back and read my initial post. I said intelligence!! I never said football intelligence.

Even if you meant that which I believe you did, being intelligent in life in general has nothing to do with being football intelligent. There are probably many people in this world that scored higher than me on the SAT but they don't know football like I do or like many do in here. I will say this, Wentz is smart but he needs to equate that to the football field and limit his mistakes.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if you meant that which I believe you did, being intelligent in life in general has nothing to do with being football intelligent. There are probably many people in this world that scored higher than me on the SAT but they don't know football like I do or like many do in here. I will say this, Wentz is smart but he needs to equate that to the football field and limit his mistakes.

I made a simple statement. People want to run with it go ahead

On 2/19/2021 at 4:17 PM, colts8718 said:

I think Ballard is a great GM  just hope that 2nd round pick next year doe's not turn into a 1 this is one time I thought he gave in. It seems like we where competing against ourselves. 

If it doesn't turn into a first that means most likely he misses around 6 games and we probably miss the playoffs.

In all likelihood it would mean the trade was not successful.....is a bad/ mediocre season what you are hoping for?

• Like 2
On 2/19/2021 at 1:17 PM, colts8718 said:

I think Ballard is a great GM  just hope that 2nd round pick next year doe's not turn into a 1 this is one time I thought he gave in. It seems like we where competing against ourselves. 

Why do you think he “gave in”??    There are zero reports anywhere that we changed our offer.   I think this was our offer from the start.   The Eagles wanted it sweetened, and by all accounts, we refused.

I think Ballard is very comfortable with his offer and how it all worked out. 

Just my two cents.... 

• Like 3
On 2/19/2021 at 1:17 PM, colts8718 said:

Reports state Ballard never changed his offer.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I made a simple statement. People want to run with it go ahead

It’s okay to make that statement, I see what your saying. The problem is it’s unclear how that statement relates to the topic we’ve been discussing on this thread. Were you saying that just to say it without implying anything? Or was it meant to mean that Wentz is a more desirable prospect than either Peyton or Andrew?

Context is important. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Wentz is as good as Rivers was this past season I will take it if we improve our roster. We had Buffalo beat and went 11-5, just need to improve more in certain area's. It may not seem like it but Rivers completed 68% of his passes and threw for over 4000 yards, he only had 11 INT's as well. So while throwing for over 4000 yards he still took care of the football for the most part. I think Pittman will be much improved being in year 2 and JT will be the beast he was in the last 8 games of the season. We need a good LT and need to re-sign Houston for starters, then add another really good WR for Wentz.

I think Wentz will be good but it make take some time. Reich fixing Wentz could easily take more than one season.

The trade looks like at least a 2 year deal so if we go 8-8 next season hopefully we go 11-5 the next.

I hope the Colts fan base is patient with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Regardless of your IQ, if you can't read pre-snap defenses well and know where  to go when ball is snapped you probably won't be a top qb.

Apparently this is part of Wentz ability that goes back clear to college. Probably one of the reasons Reich loves him so much.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Marino and Kelly both scored 15.  More recently , Tagovailoa scored a 13. Jeff George had a 10 and Vince Young a 6.  Lowest score ever was a 4 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Marino and Kelly both scored 15.  More recently , Tagovailoa scored a 13. Jeff George had a 10 and Vince Young a 6.  Lowest score ever was a 4 .

Jeff George was a 0 here lmao, but yeah the Wonderlic is just a part of things, not near the tell all.

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

I think Wentz will be good but it make take some time. Reich fixing Wentz could easily take more than one season.

The trade looks like at least a 2 year deal so if we go 8-8 next season hopefully we go 11-5 the next.

I hope the Colts fan base is patient with him.

Not likely.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It’s okay to make that statement, I see what your saying. The problem is it’s unclear how that statement relates to the topic we’ve been discussing on this thread. Were you saying that just to say it without implying anything? Or was it meant to mean that Wentz is a more desirable prospect than either Peyton or Andrew?

Context is important. 

This guy thinks Nelson and Leonard are average.    He makes hot takes.  No context

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dw49 said:

And most NFL personnel people will say they prefer a score at least in the mid to upper 20’s.   But plenty of QB’s have succeeded with lower scores than that. 

Go figure. 

It’s why,  in part,  analyzing QB’s is the hardest evaluation in all of sports.  Not just football, but all sports. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you think he “gave in”??    There are zero reports anywhere that we changed our offer.   I think this was our offer from the start.   The Eagles wanted it sweetened, and by all accounts, we refused.

I think Ballard is very comfortable with his offer and how it all worked out. 

Just my two cents.... 

I think I am just bored and getting picky GO COLTS GO BALLARD

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Going to be so fun watching him. Reich needs to keep him from playing hero ball so much but he is so good. It’s clear he is a good leader and a very hard worker.

• Like 1