Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz highlights

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not gonna lie, I saw a lot of Andrew in those highlights especially the escapes. 

If there's anyone that can revive his career, it's Frank Reich and the Colts.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, #12. said:

I didn't realize Wentz was high school valedictorian and graduated college with a 4.0.  You see people rattle off a list of his physical skills, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone refer to him as a smart football player.  That should be one of his biggest goals - becoming known as a smart football player.  Win with your mind, Manning style.

The video i watched said he never got less than an A on anything in College.

Footballwise, he was doing all the stuff we attribute to Peyton (at the line of scrimmage) in college. All the checks, audible in and out of plays, shifting protections, the whole 9 yards. His skillset is as close to Luck and Peyton as you will get. Im just talking about all his tools bc of course hes got to do some things to manifest success. Things he didnt do last year. He can be a Big Dawg though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Footballwise, he was doing all the stuff we attribute to Peyton (at the line of scrimmage) in college. All the checks, audible in and out of plays, shifting protections, the whole 9 yards. His skillset is as close to Luck and Peyton as you will get. Im just talking about all his tools bc of course hes got to do some things to manifest success. Things he didnt do last year. He can be a Big Dawg though.

Dakitch had Greg Cosell on yesterday and he said everyone he talked to commented on wentz high intelligence 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Yeah, he has some Luck in him, definitely.   If you got an 85% version of 2018 Luck out of him, you would be doing well.

Peyton?  That's sort of what I was getting at.  With Wentz's high IQ, you don't see the repetition, consistency and intelligent play you should.  In fact, going into it, it feels like Frank needs to manage him some.  He has the mental tools, apparently, and like you said, hopefully it starts leading to more consistent success on the field.

33 minutes ago, #12. said:

Yeah, he has some Luck in him, definitely.   If you got an 85% version of 2018 Luck out of him, you would be doing well.

Peyton?  That's sort of what I was getting at.  With Wentz's high IQ, you don't see the repetition, consistency and intelligent play you should.  In fact, going into it, it feels like Frank needs to manage him some.  He has the mental tools, apparently, and like you said, hopefully it starts leading to more consistent success on the field.

There were times around Peytons i think 3rd or 4th year where i questioned him at different points regarding the Int and what not before Dungy came in. But not in terms of work ethic or mechanics. Most of his problem was he was trying to do too much. This guy needs work on his mechanics, footwork, and the other stuff that controls how the ball comes out. He can get wild like Favre at times. Hes come to the right place to fix it if hes willing.

11 hours ago, tvturner said:

You can call me a pessimist all you want it doesn't change the fact that I've thrown nothing but stats and video proof at you

Lol @ the idea of a 2:01 second video being "proof" that someone is bad.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Lol @ the idea of a 2:01 second video being "proof" that someone is bad.

Lol @ the idea of a 2:00 second video being "proof" someone is good 

You can apply it both ways

4 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

I think Ballard is a great GM  just hope that 2nd round pick next year doe's not turn into a 1 this is one time I thought he gave in. It seems like we where competing against ourselves. 

I hope it does turn into a first.   The 32 pick in the first

• Like 2
17 hours ago, tvturner said:

You can call me a pessimist all you want it doesn't change the fact that I've thrown nothing but stats and video proof at you

I'll defer to Frank's opinion. 

On 2/22/2021 at 12:27 AM, CR91 said:

He's throwing to guys called Fulgham, Ward, Hightower, Croome, Rodgers. Crazy

You mean "He's throwing to Subway employee, Bus driver, Janitor, Never heard of him, and never heard of her."

:)

4 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

You mean "He's throwing to Subway employee, Bus driver, Janitor, Never heard of him, and never heard of her."

:)

That might be a compliment.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:43 PM, tvturner said:

When there are 2 extremes (mvp caliber or total bust).  The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. In Wentz's case, the two are literally seperated by three years with a major injury inbetween.  I'm optimistic he can return to form.  Ultimately, it's always wait and see though.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Any of ya'll that are worried about Wentz.  RELAX.    This yr is gonna be special.    Quote it,  mark  it, come back if I'm wrong. 

SPECIAL!!!!

If we get better  weapons  around him  then yes

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If u put Peyton, Luck and Wentz in a line. I bet Wentz would come out on top if u were basing it on pure intelligence and athletic ability.

Um you do realize Andrew went to Stanford right? Not exactly an easy school to get into. Not to mention Peyton was notorious for his computer-like mind

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Um you do realize Andrew went to Stanford right? Not exactly an easy school to get into. Not to mention Peyton was notorious for his computer-like mind

Why do you think I gave the confused face season 3 laughing GIF- Wentz isn't as athletic or as smart as Luck was and he isn't nowhere near Peyton's intelligence when it comes to reading defenses.  

• Like 1

This is a tell all year for Wentz IMO. Ballard and Reich believe in him so I do as well. I really hope Wentz at least gets us to the playoffs and wins 10 or 11 games. It may take 11 wins to get us in like it did this past season. I can't call it right now, I don't think Wentz is bad but not sure he is good either? You have bad, below average, average, good, very good, great. I have no idea where I rank him. He has proven he can be very good like in 2017. 

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a tell all year for Wentz IMO. Ballard and Reich believe in him so I do as well. I really hope Wentz at least gets us to the playoffs and wins 10 or 11 games. It may take 11 wins to get us in like it did this past season. I can't call it right now, I don't think Wentz is bad but not sure he is good either? You have bad, below average, average, good, very good, great. I have no idea where I rank him. He has proven he can be very good like in 2017. 

Depends on if we find a good Lt and more explosive  offensive  players 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, CR91 said:

I was talking intelligence and athletic ability.  Not football intelligence.  PS. Luck and Wentz are more intelligent than Manning.

• Confused 1
On 2/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, Stephen said:

Honestly  my biggest  concern  maybe wr. Pittman  and pl ascal are there. Will ty come back, can Campbell  stay healthy 

If Pittman can polish his route running he can be a very effective boundary receiver and stretch defenses. He was very good at this at USC. not so much as a burner but with his length and size. To be honest he could be exactly the type of target Wentz needs to get back some confidence as he addresses his footwork issues. 

On 2/19/2021 at 3:21 AM, Mackrel829 said:

There's a difference between being a pessimist and a realist. I'm optimistic that Wentz will be great, but there's a very real possibility that he won't be. That's not pessimism. It's just being prepared for all reasonable possible outcomes.

Everything about Carson Wentz is 100% fixable. He's just fallen into bad habits by trying to do way too much.

If Wentz is as good as Rivers was this past season I will take it if we improve our roster. We had Buffalo beat and went 11-5, just need to improve more in certain area's. It may not seem like it but Rivers completed 68% of his passes and threw for over 4000 yards, he only had 11 INT's as well. So while throwing for over 4000 yards he still took care of the football for the most part. I think Pittman will be much improved being in year 2 and JT will be the beast he was in the last 8 games of the season. We need a good LT and need to re-sign Houston for starters, then add another really good WR for Wentz.

• Like 1