Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz highlights


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not gonna lie, I saw a lot of Andrew in those highlights especially the escapes. 

If there's anyone that can revive his career, it's Frank Reich and the Colts.

Posted Images

I know they’re highlights, but that was great.  I kept changing the receivers.  Instead of Sproles (fantastic RAC), it was Hines.  Pittman, TY, Pascal, etc.

 

I wonder if Ertz will end up in Indy too?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I know they’re highlights, but that was great.  I kept changing the receivers.  Instead of Sproles (fantastic RAC), it was Hines.  Pittman, TY, Pascal, etc.

 

I wonder if Ertz will end up in Indy too?

 

I'm not gonna lie, I saw a lot of Andrew in those highlights especially the escapes. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

A ton of impressive throws and evading pressure.    He hasn't forgotten how to do that.   Hopefully last year was just a combo of bad protection and lack of confidence 

Absolutely and you can also add awful coaching, terrible team/no good weapons and I also find it interesting that the 7 games Wentz lost last year here were 5 of those teams...

Rams, Ravens(almost beat), Steelers, Browns, Seahawks... So take that for what it’s worth as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

wentz is elite and will change this team to be the bills and chiefs worst nightmare .  wentz plays exactly like josh allen same type of player big arm mobile loves throwing on the run .

Honestly  my biggest  concern  maybe wr. Pittman  and pl ascal are there. Will ty come back, can Campbell  stay healthy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Honestly  my biggest  concern  maybe wr. Pittman  and pl ascal are there. Will ty come back, can Campbell  stay healthy 

Let Ballard worry about that.   Free agency hasn't even started yet.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I'm not gonna lie, I saw a lot of Andrew in those highlights especially the escapes. 

Well let’s hope he doesn’t pull an Andrew Luck and retire in September 

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

wentz is elite and will change this team to be the bills and chiefs worst nightmare .  wentz plays exactly like josh allen same type of player big arm mobile loves throwing on the run .

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

youll be the first one buying his jersey he he starts balling right away . book it colts are winning the super bowl

Actually I won’t. One, I ain’t spending that kind of money on shirt. Two, if I do, it’s gonna be for Big Q or Buckner. 
 

as for winning the Super Bowl, anything is possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tvturner said:

You might want to watch this too for a more realistic evaluation of the QB he's been lately 

 

Anyone else notice the resemblance in his throws in this clip to one Peyton Manning his last season? The fluttering? 
 

then look at how tight the spirals were in the highlight clips. 
 

 

then compare his footwork and throwing motion. Something drastically changed. It’s like two different QBs

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tvturner said:

You might want to watch this too for a more realistic evaluation of the QB he's been lately 

 

 

Concerning, but fixable. A lot of those balls have footwork issues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that really jumps off the screen at me when watching the highlights is the Eagles O-Line and how terrible it was in the video. Holy cow, he didn’t have much time to get it thrown. He had some great evasive moves for sure but I think he’s really going to appreciate the Colts O-Line. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

Thats some good stuff!!   So I watched and saw that during that season CW didnt rely on TE's as much then.  Did I miss something?

 

Also are CW and Agelore on good terms?    I thought he was one complaining about Wentz?  I could be wrong. 

 

If not.  Need to get him to Indy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to fundamentals, QB mechanics and confidence restructuring, trusting in Reich for now.

 

Both Reich and Wentz now know what it is to be a fallback option, good to have 2 guys with similar chips on their shoulders.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Back to fundamentals, QB mechanics and confidence restructuring, trusting in Reich for now.

 

Both Reich and Wentz now know what it is to be a fallback option, good to have 2 guys with similar chips on their shoulders.

Add in the assistant that came over  to that equation.    This is going to be special!    I hope   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tvturner said:

You might want to watch this too for a more realistic evaluation of the QB he's been lately 

 

Some of these are throw always too because of pressure. Some are throwing them to where only the WR has a chance, low risk- big reward....I can make a low light video like this and make Brady look bad. The reality is somewhere in between the highlights and this low light video is where the truth lies. We should surely all know that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Some of these are throw always too because of pressure. Some are throwing them to where only the WR has a chance, low risk- big reward....I can make a low light video like this and make Brady look bad. The reality is somewhere in between the highlights and this low light video is where the truth lies. We should surely all know that.

 

The Eagles "winning" the trade or the Colts "winning" the trade right now can only be subjectively debated. We make the playoffs and we win the trade, IMO. The results will determine that eventually. 

 

Everything else is whatever helps parties on either side sleep at night. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Some of these are throw always too because of pressure. Some are throwing them to where only the WR has a chance, low risk- big reward....I can make a low light video like this and make Brady look bad. The reality is somewhere in between the highlights and this low light video is where the truth lies. We should surely all know that.

It's not a "low light video" if that was the majority of 2020

 

You don't just brush off his last season because he was an MVP candidate years before

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tvturner said:

It's not a "low light video" if that was the majority of 2020

 

You don't just brush off his last season because he was an MVP candidate years before

You also don't disregard his talent by being on a team that couldn't keep him upright either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You also don't disregard his talent by being on a team that couldn't keep him upright either. 

Which is not entirely his OL's fault

He takes the 8th most sacks on the 16th most pressures in the league

 

If anyone can fix him I suppose it's Frank but I'm not gonna act like we're getting the best version of Wentz

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Which is not entirely his OL's fault

He takes the 8th most sacks on the 16th most pressures in the league

 

If anyone can fix him I suppose it's Frank but I'm not gonna act like we're getting the best version of Wentz

I guess that's the difference of mindsets between a pessimist and a optimist. :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess that's the difference of mindsets between a pessimist and a optimist. :dunno:

You can call me a pessimist all you want it doesn't change the fact that I've thrown nothing but stats and video proof at you

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tvturner said:

It's not a "low light video" if that was the majority of 2020

 

You don't just brush off his last season because he was an MVP candidate years before

I realize he had a down year but a 2 minute video designed to make him look terrible is not an accurate representation is what I’m saying. Some of his highlight video was from last year as well... how about we try not to be a negative Nancy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Concerning, but fixable. A lot of those balls have footwork issues.

He has the long, sidewinding motion that I'm not wild about. If the footwork isn't good and he's favoring an injury (the ACL?), his O line is getting him hit, speeding up his mental clock ect.. you can see things adding up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tvturner said:

You can call me a pessimist all you want it doesn't change the fact that I've thrown nothing but stats and video proof at you

If you are throwing nothing but what you perceive as negative, then you are disregarding anything positive. 

It's your choice. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Which is not entirely his OL's fault

He takes the 8th most sacks on the 16th most pressures in the league

 

If anyone can fix him I suppose it's Frank but I'm not gonna act like we're getting the best version of Wentz

Not to take sides TV.  But this is a whole different team than what 11 played for before.    Imagine taking a job where you didn't have to carry the company.   Imagine having someone like 53, 99, and 23 among other that have your back.

 

If he fails it will not because he not in the perfect situation.   Give it a chance.   I think you will see a Carson Wentz that is far different than anyone has seen. He has support and a legitimate team that WILL rally around him. Thick or thin   No fingers pointed. He's not been in this environment before.   Chris Ballard has built the ultimate environment for success for 11 

 

Enjoy the ride    And "dont Worry bout a ting!"

 

Yes I am an optimist like Crazy.    Just saying why wouldn't you be?

 

Nothing in the world is greater than HOPE 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He has the long, sidewinding motion that I'm not wild about. If the footwork isn't good and he's favoring an injury (the ACL?), his O line is getting him hit, speeding up his mental clock ect.. you can see things adding up.

 

 

Reich has said he can fix Wentz and I'm gonna believe that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realize Wentz was high school valedictorian and graduated college with a 4.0.  You see people rattle off a list of his physical skills, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone refer to him as a smart football player.  That should be one of his biggest goals - becoming known as a smart football player.  Win with your mind, Manning style.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess that's the difference of mindsets between a pessimist and a optimist. :dunno:

 

There's a difference between being a pessimist and a realist. I'm optimistic that Wentz will be great, but there's a very real possibility that he won't be. That's not pessimism. It's just being prepared for all reasonable possible outcomes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We shall see. I think if he does anything close to what Lewis did last year he will stick. Lewis wasnt incredible but he did show the tools they thought he had when they drafted him. We need that same thing from Banogou this year or its probably curtains.
    • And as announcers have said, at home we swept, Mets, Dodgers, Padres, and Cardinals. Need reds to be help this week against brewers    And tomorrow starts a series with the Mets in NY. @NFLfan are you going to go to any of them? I saw the tickets were cheap.    I am going to the Marlins Cards game on Tuesday, close to home, in the second section from home. Will be my 5th game there this season. 7th overall   And will give a recap of AZ tomorrow, since I got back   
    • Agree with most of this, but Tannehill's accuracy was never really an issue. Those Miami teams he played for were just bad lol. Some horrible OLs. They finally started building the team correctly, and even Fitzmagic looked good.   Looks like TN is going all-in a bit for the next couple years, so wouldn't be surprised to see their O ask more from Tannehill. Running the wheels off Henry will only get you so far.
    • I wasn't big on landing Wentz but having said that sometimes a change of scenery can change a QB's career. Get with the right team = great run game, good coach than many things can change. There wasn't anyone that ever mentioned Ryan Tannehill as a top 15 QB when he played for the Dolphins, he was considered average by most and many Dolphins fans thought he was bad. Look at him in Tennessee though with Henry and better coaching. He went from average at best to good in most peoples minds. His accuracy is a lot better in Tennessee and with Henry being the focal point that allows Tannehill to make less mistakes and use play action effectively.    In reality, Wentz even has more physical tools than Tannehill has.
  • Members

    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,757

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • indyman411

      indyman411 42

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • life long

      life long 235

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...