Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make four moves to improve the roster

Sign Golladay                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Sign Clowney and bring back Autry                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Sign Reiff and draft a tackle if trade for McGlinchey doesn't materialize

Resign Rhodes 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, these positions have to be addressed: Edge, LT, CB, TE. In that order.   I'm going TE instead of WR, because I'm going to be hopeful that our young horses at WR will get better. Even

Sign either Allen Robinson, David Moore, or Kenny Golladay   Sign Romeo Okwara   Draft Samuel Cosmi at 21    Draft Greg Newsome II in the second round 

Not at all, I think it would be a big mistake.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Let me flip this on you. Could this team afford to rely on Odell Beckham, just from an injury/production standpoint?

Good point bc hes only played a full 16 twice in his career. I like him as a talent, not sure about him in the locker room. If we did anything would have to start out short term.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Good point bc hes only played a full 16 twice in his career. I like him as a talent, not sure about him in the locker room. If we did anything would have to start out short term.

I think he's a bad fit in the locker room. Drama is just common to some people, and he seems to be that kind of person. I'm not calling him a bad person, or a bad teammate, and he's certainly not a bad player, but you can almost count on something Odell-centric happening on whatever team he plays for. 

Add to that his inconsistent availability, and the fact that he hasn't had really good production in four seasons, and I don't see a reason to consider giving up major assets and money to try to acquire him. 

On 3/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Why would Trent Williams sign here or anywhere for one year?

Most seem to think he’s going to a sign a deal for 4-years and a big payload!  

Good question, bare in mind we are playing in fantasy land here. Peace out :)

20 hours ago, onebad150 said:

#1. OK first move I would do is trade back and acquire another 2nd, get our 3rd back  and maybe a 3rd day pick 

#2. sign Jonnu Smith

#3. sign Bud Dupree to a 2yr prove it deal

#4  trade for either LT Orlando Brown or The LT from San Francisco that played LT beside Nelson  at Notre Dame

I hope we retain several of our own free agents, but I trust in Ballard and his crew to do the right thing.

Just a few quiet moves that would enhance what we have and continuing to build through the Draft. It will be interesting to see how this all falls together

The 49er LT that I was referring to McGlinchey, would long term solution to LT

• Like 1

Improve the pass rush

Upgrade secondary play 

Solidify the Oline and improve depth 

Find a receiving TE that is a mismatch 

Upgrade receiving corps

Improve coaching 

Obviously, how they go about accomplishing these goals (with the exception of Improve coaching) could be a combination of draft, free agency, trade and/or signing their own.
 There really are a lot of things we aren’t privy to and some people forget they’ve got some pretty solid players they have to sign.
  The coaching staff has changed as well and that may hurt or help us, we’ll see.

I feel confident Reich will look at his coaching mistakes and Ballard’s group will make some good decisions.

Sorry for the long post. I know you were only looking for 4 specific moves but there’s a lot of things they have to consider that will determine what the best course of action is.  

4 moves huh?

Trade Wentz to KC for Mahomes

Trade Campbell to AZ for Hopkins

Trade Banogu to PIT for TJ Watt

Trade Chesley to TB for Carlton Davis.

There, Superbowl contender in 4 easy moves.  :D