• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Sign Allen Robinson for 16M APY

Draft Alex Leatherwood OT - Alambama in the 1st round

Draft Tyson Campbell CB - Georgia in the 2nd round

Sign Trey Hendrickson - Edge for 8M APY

Leatherwood had a terrible, terrible senior bowl. Buf he’s a tackle, and that’s a big IF, he’s more a right tackle than a Left. 

But most scouts seem to think he’s a guard now.   I don’t think he’s even an option for us at left tackle. 

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Based on what I'm reading he was not an every down player and Over the cap's valuation on him is 8.8M.  

I don't know anything other than that.  I just sort of scanned through FA's that I felt could help on the DL.

He played 50% of his teams defensive snap counts in 2020, so yeah. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

JJ Watt is a five tech, probably a two down defender at this point. I don't see him as a difference maker in our defense.

Put him next to Buckner who's going to get the doubles that JJ got all of last season and I think you'll see a guy who can play at high level, doing lot's of different stuff. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

As the season went on, they probably shelved 50% of the playbook to accommodate Rivers. I complained about lack of play action, but Rivers wasn't good with play action. And like you said, under center runs + play action, not to mention the additional pressure that a mobile QB puts on the defense.

I think we'll actually see Reich's full offense this year.

In essence... look at what he ran the second half of Luck's year, this IMO will be good representation of what we are likely to run with Wentz. Wentz is not as sharp mentally as Luck was, but he allows you to run similar stuff on offense. 

This could be a great offseason. I truly hope it is.

If they think they can get Wentz back to a certain level...then they should double down on that gamble by being aggressive on the offensive side to maximize it if they do in fact get a top 10 QB performance.

This would mean bringing in (2) legit pass catchers (see below). I believe early draft picks will be earmarked for positions like LT, DE and CB...so FA (and or a contract dump via trade) are the best ways to get those pass catchers. Fortunately, it could be a great offseason for teams that need a WR and a TE. 

So he is the list of what I want to see:

1) An alpha WR1 - For me this was a requisite regardless of the QB move. But if Wentz makes it easier to attract them...then great. My preference would be:

a. ARob - elite option that is plug and play.

b. Godwin - love the age and production...but Godwin is more a slot WR than the X WR they need.

c. Golladay - would be a solid plan B to ARob...though injuries are a concern.

1b) WR2 - In the event that a WR1 doesn't happen...a WR2 could be a plan B. Not crazy about that...but here would be those preferences:

a. Curtis Samuel - love his versatility...and there's a chance he is a breakout candidate.

b. Corey Davis - just broke out but could be a solid WR going forward.

2) EDGE - If they are letting Autry and Houston walk...then they will need some form of talent to plug in. Here is that list:

a. Yannick Ngakoue (if they are willing to make a splash) - would immediately solve the need for a legit pass rusher, but would really stretch the cap on defense. Still, a 10+ sack on the EDGE with DeFo could be 1/2 of a top tier starting DL.

b. Jadeveon Clowney (one-year flyer in conjunction with a draft pick) - I am still a believer that Clowney can make a big impact if healthy. But that's the issues...he can't be relied upon...and another move would be needed. But you can do a lot worse than having Clowney as a chess piece on your DL.

c. Soloman Thomas (one year flyer in conjunction with a draft pick) - I am always in favor of bringing in post-hype guys on the cheap. And I would love the idea of pairing him with his former teammate DeFo. Could be another Autry-type signing. But like Clowney, he alone likely wouldn't solve the EDGE need.

3) Dynamic TE - Right now, the only TEs on the roster are MAC and a 31 year-old Doyle. Burton didn't move the needle and I don't see them bringing him back. A plan to get younger and more dynamic should have been a priority regardless. But bringing a QB who has operated in an offense that features more 12 personnel (as well as arguably more overall TE talent) than any other team...it's now a requisite.

The draft will likely offer some intriguing developmental prospects in later rounds...but TEs take time to develop so they will need someone that they can plug in immediately. There could be a litany of options this offseason, so here are some of them:

a. Hunter Henry - I have loved his game since he was Arkansas. I think injuries are the only thing that have prevented him from being a perennial top 10 TE. Solid blocker and a good TE option to stretch the field. Would immediately be a great option in the passing game.

b. OJ Howard - This is only in the event that TB would be willing to trade him for a reasonable return. With Brate having the higher AAV...they probably opt to keep Howard. However, if they don't...Howard is a great trade target...though a gamble when it comes to injuries.

c. Evan Engram - I know he can't block...but the talent and upside is too tantalizing. If the Colts can straighten out a QB who was really bad last year...perhaps they can fix some of the issues that have plagued Engram. Still, I think Engram could be a top 10 TE in this offense...if not higher. 

d. David Njoku - I am still a believer in the talent...and he's only 25. With his speed and athleticism...Reich will find ways to use him. I could see CLE letting him go via a late pick.

e. Gerald Everett - Athletic TE that fits a similar mold to Engram and Njoku...but without the hype. Probably won't be re-signed in LA...so could be an intriguing buy-low option.

4) Vet S - This is not likely to happen...but I don't really have 4 big FA/trade moves to make. I know most people would say vet CB here...but I am going to go another zag here a bit. I expect the Colts to draft another CB...and between Rock, Tell, Rodgers and Moore...I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do. Perhaps a depth like re-signing Carrie...but that's it.

But S...on other hand...presents a big opportunity. Willis and Blackmon are 2/3 of a good S trio. But while Willis improved a bit in pass coverage this year (from a poor rookie season)...I still think he's a S who would better excel near the LOS. That would allow the Colts to pair Blackmon with another play-making S in coverage and give the defense all kinds of flexibility. 

a. Justin Simmons

b. Marcus Maye

It also could be a strange offseason...in that teams are forced to let good players under contract go...or trade them to clear up cap space. As a team with cap space, this would be a great place to take advantage. The Colts could essentially use depth everywhere, except RB.

My ideal offseason would include something like Allen Robinson, Soloman Thomas, Hunter Henry/Evan Engram, Marcus Maye/Justin Simmons and couple of good FA signings to provide depth.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Realistically speaking, they probably keep Burton. He has history with Wentz, Reich and Taylor, he knows the offense, and when he's healthy he's reasonably good, including being a versatile weapon in the red zone.

It's going to annoy me when it happens, but they're going to run Philly Special at some point in 2021, and it's probably not gonna work. Even if it does work, to quote Oceans 13, "you don't run the same gag twice, you do the next gag."

I would highly doubt that. They aren't going to run Nick Foles' famous SB play with Wentz for a gag. I am sure that would go over real well with Wentz. 

I honestly think the idea here should really be a fresh start for Wentz. At least as much as is possible since Reich and Taylor are here. Ideally, they distance themselves as much as possible from his time in PHI. 

Besides, CHI tried to run it with Burton and he couldn't do it mentally. When the Colts did it, they just ran a read option with him.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I will lie if I said I watched tons of Lions games but... doesn't he play primarily as an X? Pittman was pretty uninspiring on the outside this year. He did a ton of his damage on crossing routes from the slot. I would swear I thought Golladay was more of a one-on-one win on the outside guy... and with plenty of catches downfield. 

I mean Pittman was supposed to be like that but he never really showed much of that skillset with the Colts. I don't know. What are you seeing with Golladay? 

Golladay is what we hope Pitt can be some day. He and ARob are both X WRs...though I am sure they would move them around. Getting one of them would give Pitt consistent single coverage though...and perhaps allow him to develop the downfield game more.

45 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

This could be a great offseason. I truly hope it is.

If they think they can get Wentz back to a certain level...then they should double down on that gamble by being aggressive on the offensive side to maximize it if they do in fact get a top 10 QB performance.

This would mean bringing in (2) legit pass catchers (see below). I believe early draft picks will be earmarked for positions like LT, DE and CB...so FA (and or a contract dump via trade) are the best ways to get those pass catchers. Fortunately, it could be a great offseason for teams that need a WR and a TE. 

So he is the list of what I want to see:

1) An alpha WR1 - For me this was a requisite regardless of the QB move. But if Wentz makes it easier to attract them...then great. My preference would be:

a. ARob - elite option that is plug and play.

b. Godwin - love the age and production...but Godwin is more a slot WR than the X WR they need.

c. Golladay - would be a solid plan B to ARob...though injuries are a concern.

1b) WR2 - In the event that a WR1 doesn't happen...a WR2 could be a plan B. Not crazy about that...but here would be those preferences:

a. Curtis Samuel - love his versatility...and there's a chance he is a breakout candidate.

b. Corey Davis - just broke out but could be a solid WR going forward.

2) EDGE - If they are letting Autry and Houston walk...then they will need some form of talent to plug in. Here is that list:

a. Yannick Ngakoue (if they are willing to make a splash) - would immediately solve the need for a legit pass rusher, but would really stretch the cap on defense. Still, a 10+ sack on the EDGE with DeFo could be 1/2 of a top tier starting DL.

b. Jadeveon Clowney (one-year flyer in conjunction with a draft pick) - I am still a believer that Clowney can make a big impact if healthy. But that's the issues...he can't be relied upon...and another move would be needed. But you can do a lot worse than having Clowney as a chess piece on your DL.

c. Soloman Thomas (one year flyer in conjunction with a draft pick) - I am always in favor of bringing in post-hype guys on the cheap. And I would love the idea of pairing him with his former teammate DeFo. Could be another Autry-type signing. But like Clowney, he alone likely wouldn't solve the EDGE need.

3) Dynamic TE - Right now, the only TEs on the roster are MAC and a 31 year-old Doyle. Burton didn't move the needle and I don't see them bringing him back. A plan to get younger and more dynamic should have been a priority regardless. But bringing a QB who has operated in an offense that features more 12 personnel (as well as arguably more overall TE talent) than any other team...it's now a requisite.

The draft will likely offer some intriguing developmental prospects in later rounds...but TEs take time to develop so they will need someone that they can plug in immediately. There could be a litany of options this offseason, so here are some of them:

a. Hunter Henry - I have loved his game since he was Arkansas. I think injuries are the only thing that have prevented him from being a perennial top 10 TE. Solid blocker and a good TE option to stretch the field. Would immediately be a great option in the passing game.

b. OJ Howard - This is only in the event that TB would be willing to trade him for a reasonable return. With Brate having the higher AAV...they probably opt to keep Howard. However, if they don't...Howard is a great trade target...though a gamble when it comes to injuries.

c. Evan Engram - I know he can't block...but the talent and upside is too tantalizing. If the Colts can straighten out a QB who was really bad last year...perhaps they can fix some of the issues that have plagued Engram. Still, I think Engram could be a top 10 TE in this offense...if not higher. 

d. David Njoku - I am still a believer in the talent...and he's only 25. With his speed and athleticism...Reich will find ways to use him. I could see CLE letting him go via a late pick.

e. Gerald Everett - Athletic TE that fits a similar mold to Engram and Njoku...but without the hype. Probably won't be re-signed in LA...so could be an intriguing buy-low option.

4) Vet S - This is not likely to happen...but I don't really have 4 big FA/trade moves to make. I know most people would say vet CB here...but I am going to go another zag here a bit. I expect the Colts to draft another CB...and between Rock, Tell, Rodgers and Moore...I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do. Perhaps a depth like re-signing Carrie...but that's it.

But S...on other hand...presents a big opportunity. Willis and Blackmon are 2/3 of a good S trio. But while Willis improved a bit in pass coverage this year (from a poor rookie season)...I still think he's a S who would better excel near the LOS. That would allow the Colts to pair Blackmon with another play-making S in coverage and give the defense all kinds of flexibility. 

a. Justin Simmons

b. Marcus Maye

It also could be a strange offseason...in that teams are forced to let good players under contract go...or trade them to clear up cap space. As a team with cap space, this would be a great place to take advantage. The Colts could essentially use depth everywhere, except RB.

My ideal offseason would include something like Allen Robinson, Soloman Thomas, Hunter Henry/Evan Engram, Marcus Maye/Justin Simmons and couple of good FA signings to provide depth.

I agree we need a baller TE. If Clowney comes at the right price he's worth a shot. He is an undervalued run stopper. DE Okwara is an under the radar DE free agent he had great numbers. I'm even curious about us signing a FB that can block and receive well. It would help Taylor and give Wentz some security dump offs on passing plays.

I don't think you're going to have the cap space you think this year as the floor is looking to be around $180-$185M. But the Colts are still in a better position than most to address their needs. Free agents however, are going to feel a squeeze on their market value, particularly at WR and CB this year due to a glut of talent available at these positions. As such, franchising anyone for any reason this year is an absurd notion.

1. Sign a veteran LT
2. Draft a 4-3 DE

3. Sign Marvin Jones
4. Play the field in the CB market.

First, this nonsense about moving Quenton Nelson to Tackle needs to be squashed. Stick a crowbar in the wallet and go get an experienced, skilled blindside technician to pair with Wentz and let Nelson be great at what he does. Jonathan Taylor will thank you for it. Cam Robinson (JAX) is an interesting prospect at the position. He's got an All-Pro ceiling and his market value has tanked because of where he has played. There is a specific lack of talent available at this position and although the draft class this year is relatively deep, it is rare to find plug and play skill at LT. Also edge blockers typically age better than their defensive counterparts as the position is more about technique and mechanics than brute force. Trent Williams and Alejandro Villanueva also come to mind. This is a need, not a want, so spending here should not be something to hesitate on.

Jayson Oweh and Kwity Paye are two guys I would seriously look at pulling the trigger on during Day 1. Rashad Weaver and Carlos Basham are two others you may be able to pick up on Day 2 if it came to that. But if Paye falls in your lap at 21st overall, I grab him. He's rough but has massive upside, especially in this Colts 4-3 scheme alongside Buckner. He'd be a Week 1 starter and you'd get instant impact from him in a clearly defined role. Anytime you get consistent push with a front 4 it makes everyone's life easier on the back end and makes scheming more flexible. To me it does not make sense to overpay for talent here this year looking at what the market has to offer. Edge rushers historically taper off after they get their big contracts unless you get them at a sweet spot in their careers. Houston was effective last year, but he also benefitted from Buckner's presence on the interior and his price tag is going to be prohibitive relative to value. It also makes zero sense to fill this role with a 3-4 LB. Again, cost and scheming will suffer for it. Get the right tool for the job.

You need a can opener on the outside. If Wentz has time to throw, he can push the ball downfield. Marvin Jones might be the perfect fit in this offense. He's already signaled that he wants to play for a contender, which usually indicates that a player isn't going to ask for top dollar if he's got a legit shot at a ring. His total salary was $8M last year not counting $1M in dead money from a restructure. At 31, he's not going to fetch Will Fuller money and could compliment the rest of the offensive weapons you have very well as he can still run past people. He's probably eyeballing Stafford and LA, but they don't have the money to hit the dollar menu at Burger King this year. Get him! His veteran presence would also be a plus for this skill position group.

That brings us to addressing your need at boundary corner. I really would not stress out about filling this role as much as maybe some others are. There are plenty of serviceable corners on the market and to my thinking, with a solid core no matter who you plug in here will have a much easier job than in a defense that isn't capable of getting consistent push in run and pass situations, including defending against play action. You really don't need to overspend here. Look at it this way, you got Rhodes for a steak dinner at Applebee's last year after a pedestrian 2019 campaign and he produced a campaign that saw him post a paltry 52% completion rate when targeted with 12 PD. He benefitted from production up front as will anyone. To that, he's probably going to try to cash in on that but I wouldn't cave in. Build from the inside out. Your cap situation will be even better next year so maybe even bringing someone in on a one year deal again here might not be a bad move, as you might be in a better position to draft talent here next year on day 2, not to say that if you address LT and WR in FA this year, EDGE on Day 1 this year, you may even find a nugget on Day 2 of the draft this year that you could plug into service, like Jaycee Horn, Shaun Wade or Tyson Campbell.

7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

1. Resign Rhodes. Autry, Mohammad, Odum, Cox

2. Trade #1 for 2 a 3 and pick best OT, CB and TE available

3. Sign  Yannick Ngakoue, Curtis Samuel and Joe Thurney

Grouping 11 roster moves into three bullet points is still making 11 roster moves....:D

1. LT -  I’d prefer a vet that could handle the job AND add a tackle with our 1st or 2nd.  The position is too important.  We plugged 2 guys in late last year (one off retirement) that were both serviceable tho better suited as a backup.

2. CB - sign Rhodes (unless crazy $) and draft a CB at #1 or #2.

In my mind , this solves our most pressing issues.

3. -  Edge - sign a FA, or draft if one Ballard likes falls to us in #1 or #2.  I’m ok bringing back our guys, but a lil more production is needed.

4. - WR or TE-   Wentz liked his TEs in Philly, and the position could REALLY help him get comfortable here.  Reichs offense loves the TE position as well.  I’d love to see Henry, Ertz is more likely.  Pitts falling to #21 is dreaming, but just imagine THAT type of weapon in this offense.  I also worry TYs pricetag is gonna be steep, so if one of the top WRs fall to #21, maybe that route.

I’m waiting to see who we might retain or sign before the draft.  That will say alot.

Fortunately, we are deep enough that we can go bpa IF we grab an OT in FA, and/or Rhodes or another “good” CB.

This year should have some interesting cuts too, and we are relatively good in cap.  I also think the cap may help keep some contracts mote reasonable (as an average.)

I’m excited.  It seems like Ballard has a plan, and QB was #1 on that list.

I was just reading thru these and noticed how similar they are.

Then i realized that this is a good thing.  We arent all over the place.   We dont have many real holes. Also noticed that our “holes” are really due to retirement and contracts ending.

We have a well-built team, and we have money to spend relative to most others.  

Four Moves to improve the CURRENT roster, aka we already traded for Wentz as of this post.

1. Sign Roderick Jackson OT from Houston - wasn't on my radar until reading a report showing that his aggressive pass sets are a good match for what our line is taught and is a good run blocker. Also coming into his prime at 25. This allows us to draft any type of OT - one who could start day 1 or a day 3 type that is a small school project like D'Ante Smith from East Carolina (35 inch arms with good feet, needs to add play strength). 

2. Sign Trey Hendrickson DE from Saints - good edge setter and developing pass rusher coming into his prime at 26. This gives us two edge setter/pass rushers in Lewis & Hendrickson backed up by Banogu & Turay as designated pass rushers.

3. Sign a proven commodity at WR in Curtis Samuel (and his 4.31) to add to Campbell (and his 4.31) and Pittman as starters with the reliable Pascal as the 4th WR. 

4. Sign an upcoming "move" te in smith, everett or dan arnold from the cardinals to add another weapon for Wentz.

5 Moves:

LT - Savy veteran or 1rd talent.

Edge - We just do not evaluate well here, go to FA, it's what we do better. (Re sign Autry is a must)

TE - Hunter Henry would be my first option, but I can see draft also.

WR - Lots of people saying that Wentz likes downfield, you guys remember what T. Y. used to do with that type of QB? I'm completely fine just re sign him ( Love ARob12, Ballard Will not break the bank)

CB/S - Rhodes needs to be back, and we need someone opposite him, RYS should be a S. Love to see whats Rodgers has too.

22 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Based on what I'm reading he was not an every down player and Over the cap's valuation on him is 8.8M.  

I don't know anything other than that.  I just sort of scanned through FA's that I felt could help on the DL.

I had never really paid attention to OTC's valuations. After yesterday, I looked at more of them. They're no good. For example, they have an $8m/year valuation on Darius Leonard.

23 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

What type of contract would Bud Dupree be looking to sign? Somewhere north of $16m? 

I get the feeling Pitt brings Dupree back. If not then id like to have him. Would be a pretty decent rep. for Houston. And I think we should resign Autry.

7 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

5 Moves:

LT - Savy veteran or 1rd talent.

Edge - We just do not evaluate well here, go to FA, it's what we do better. (Re sign Autry is a must)

TE - Hunter Henry would be my first option, but I can see draft also.

WR - Lots of people saying that Wentz likes downfield, you guys remember what T. Y. used to do with that type of QB? I'm completely fine just re sign him ( Love ARob12, Ballard Will not break the bank)

CB/S - Rhodes needs to be back, and we need someone opposite him, RYS should be a S. Love to see whats Rodgers has too.

I still sort of think they should move Rock to Nickel behind Kenny. Probably let Carrie walk, resign Rhodes and then bring somebody else in to play the other outside corner. Either Tell, another young Vet, or a draft pick. Im still not quite sure what to do with Little Isaiah. Hes a for sure baller but hes real small.

14 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Four Moves to improve the CURRENT roster, aka we already traded for Wentz as of this post.

1. Sign Roderick Jackson OT from Houston - wasn't on my radar until reading a report showing that his aggressive pass sets are a good match for what our line is taught and is a good run blocker. Also coming into his prime at 25. This allows us to draft any type of OT - one who could start day 1 or a day 3 type that is a small school project like D'Ante Smith from East Carolina (35 inch arms with good feet, needs to add play strength). 

2. Sign Trey Hendrickson DE from Saints - good edge setter and developing pass rusher coming into his prime at 26. This gives us two edge setter/pass rushers in Lewis & Hendrickson backed up by Banogu & Turay as designated pass rushers.

3. Sign a proven commodity at WR in Curtis Samuel (and his 4.31) to add to Campbell (and his 4.31) and Pittman as starters with the reliable Pascal as the 4th WR. 

4. Sign an upcoming "move" te in smith, everett or dan arnold from the cardinals to add another weapon for Wentz.

To me Sammy Watkins and Campbell would go good together. That other little guy we used a lot this year on jet sweeps seems like a good rotational piece to play the Campbell role if necessary.

Just now, krunk said:

To me Sammy Watkins and Campbell would go good together. That other little guy we used a lot this year on jet sweeps seems like a good rotational piece to play the Campbell role if necessary.

I like the idea of Will Fuller, if he can stay healthy. He was really good last year, before he got injured he was in course for a 1,000 yard season. His ability to stretch the defence (which Wentz loves to do) would be the perfect compliment to Pittman at X and Campbell in the slot. He won’t cost as much as a Robinson/Godwin/Golladay. 

I get the feeling though it’s just DE and maybe TE is where Ballard makes his biggest moves in the FA.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I like the idea of Will Fuller, if he can stay healthy. He was really good last year, before he got injured he was in course for a 1,000 yard season. His ability to stretch the defence (which Wentz loves to do) would be the perfect compliment to Pittman at X and Campbell in the slot. He won’t cost as much as a Robinson/Godwin/Golladay. 

I get the feeling though it’s just DE and maybe TE is where Ballard makes his biggest moves in the FA.

Theyll probably resign Fuller. I like the athlete but hes injured a lot.

50 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still sort of think they should move Rock to Nickel behind Kenny. Probably let Carrie walk, resign Rhodes and then bring somebody else in to play the other outside corner. Either Tell, another young Vet, or a draft pick. Im still not quite sure what to do with Little Isaiah. Hes a for sure baller but hes real small.

He's small I agree, but he seems to play bigger than his body, he needs a chance..

I don't know if RYS would excel in nickel, but we should try to move him, RC/LC is clear not his position..

55 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Fuller wasn't hurt last season.    He was suspended

34 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

He's small I agree, but he seems to play bigger than his body, he needs a chance..

I don't know if RYS would excel in nickel, but we should try to move him, RC/LC is clear not his position..

Lil Scrappy! I like him and his speed is elite. I think he could run with Tyreek Hill. Rogers is real fast.

While Justin Houston and Denico Autry had decent years in terms of sack production, they didn't really get it done in terms of getting pressure on the quarterback. Especially when you account for Deforest Buckner getting the double teams while Houston and Autry get one-on-ones.

The guy I want only had 5.5 sacks this year, but was top 5 in pressures on the quarterback up there with studs like TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, and Joey Bosa. That is Carl Lawson.

1. Carl Lawson DE

2. Chidobe Awuzie CB (I think fits our scheme and gives us an upgrade over Rock Ya-Sin)

3. Allen Robinson WR (Think he could have a "Stefon Diggs" impact on our team)

4. Gerald Everett TE (Wouldn't mind improving TE but I think Hunter Henry is overrated, expensive, and injury prone)

I would also try to re-sign Justin Houston, Xavier Rhodes, and Marlon Mack if they don't get overvalued in the market. 

I'm taking the left tackle of the future in the draft. In my opinion we are going to have too much money tied up in the offensive line over the next couple of years to sign a guy to a huge deal in this free agency.

1. Cut Doyle and restructure Kelly to lower his cap this year. I’m not a cap guy but I would imagine there’s a way to give some more guaranteed money in exchange for some cap relief in ‘21. 

2. Re-sign TY, MAC, Carrie, AQM, and Pascal. As much as I liked Rhodes last year he scares the hell out of me if we sign him for anything more than one year. I worry if he gets paid again he reverts back to 18/19 Rhodes. Plus the position is more volatile than others and he’s on the wrong side of 30. 

3. Sign Carl Lawson, Ahkello Witherspoon, Hunter Henry, and Curtis Samuel. Henry and Carson would mesh well and Carson loves the TE. The other three have played well during their young careers and are deserving of larger roles than their respective teams have given them so far. 

4. Trade back a little bit in the first and draft Dillon Radunz. Later draft targets for me; Paulson Adebo, Ronnie Perkins, Tommy Tremble, and Alim McNeill. 

Archived