Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make four moves to improve the roster


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Sign Leonard Williams, DE,  2 yr, $30 million.

Sign JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, 2 yr, $2 million.

Draft Christian Darrisaw, LT, round 1.

Draft Aaron Robinson, CB, round 2.

 

This buys us one more year at DE and WR development, fills our need at LT, helps fill a possible hole at CB should Rhodes go somewhere else.

 

 

Even Ballard can't pull that off

 

Williams is projected at 4 yr 80 million

JuJu is projected at 5 yr 80 million

 

Those are spotrac projections.  Could they be wrong?   Sure.  but I doubt there are that far off

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, these positions have to be addressed: Edge, LT, CB, TE. In that order.   I'm going TE instead of WR, because I'm going to be hopeful that our young horses at WR will get better. Even

Sign either Allen Robinson, David Moore, or Kenny Golladay   Sign Romeo Okwara   Draft Samuel Cosmi at 21    Draft Greg Newsome II in the second round 

Not at all, I think it would be a big mistake.

2 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Even Ballard can't pull that off

 

Williams is projected at 4 yr 80 million

JuJu is projected at 5 yr 80 million

 

Those are spotrac projections.  Could they be wrong?   Sure.  but I doubt there are that far off

Yeah, I was just going off of https://www.spotrac.com/ averages from 2020.  I could be totally off base.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If paris cambell stays healthy i think the colts can be okay a wr with pascal paris and pittman .  Then develop harris patmon and dulin.     a cheaper mid tier guy will do at wr  just like how the colts got ebron for cheap and he balled out .  i think colts can repeat this tactic . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth...   

 

Wiiliams and Schuster are both going to come close to breaking the bank.

 

Unless Schuster gets tagged, both are looking at 4-5 years and roughly $12-15 million per year.   
 

Ok, thanks for the info.  I was just looking at https://www.spotrac.com/ 2020 average.  I don't even know who Williams is..lol.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Ok, thanks for the info.  I was just looking at https://www.spotrac.com/ 2020 average.  I don't even know who Williams is..lol.


Thanks for the link.   I had just read it the other day. 
 

The link projects Williams at 4/80!   An astounding $20 mill a year.  Now, I don’t think he gets that, not in a Covid year.  And he’s only had one good year.   That’s why I think it’ll be a little less, but I’ve been shocked by FA signings before,  

 

The link also projects JJS at 5/80!   I think he doesn’t quite get that, but maybe close?  
 

FA is filled with insane contracts.   That’s why Ballard mostly sits out and shops in the discount isle.  He shops for bargains. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, w87r said:

 

2. Offer 2nd round pick to Saints for Marcus Lattimore($10m) 

 

I would love this 

 

With the Saints in cap hell, and Lattimore going to be paid (Next year) .... They may go for this, but the 2nd is for a one year rental

Thats a BUNCH to give up for a one year player

 

Lattimore is significantly better than Rhodes, and is someone who could take this defense up a couple of notches as well as add some flexibility

 

I would want to sign him to an extension as part of this trade 

 

My gut says that Ballard wont pay the going rate for top shut down CB (Lattimore)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Thanks for the link.   I had just read it the other day. 
 

The link projects Williams at 4/80!   An astounding $20 mill a year.  Now, I don’t think he gets that, not in a Covid year.  And he’s only had one good year.   That’s why I think it’ll be a little less, but I’ve been shocked by FA signings before,  

 

The link also projects JJS at 5/80!   I think he doesn’t quite get that, but maybe close?  
 

FA is filled with insane contracts.   That’s why Ballard mostly sits out and shops in the discount isle.  He shops for bargains. 

 

I see 2 years $40 mil. from Ballard for Trent Williams, but not more than that, like you said. The chance to be on a good team with a good OL unit will be enticing enough, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would love this 

 

With the Saints in cap hell, and Lattimore going to be paid (Next year) .... They may go for this, but the 2nd is for a one year rental

Thats a BUNCH to give up for a one year player

 

Lattimore is significantly better than Rhodes, and is someone who could take this defense up a couple of notches as well as add some flexibility

 

I would want to sign him to an extension as part of this trade 

 

My gut says that Ballard wont pay the going rate for top shut down CB (Lattimore)

 

 

Lattimore for a 2nd only makes sense if he agrees to something like 3 years $45 mil. deal or something like that before the trade. Otherwise, Ballard will not pony up that 2nd rounder. If I am spending that much money, I'd rather give Rhodes 2 years $20-24 mil. and see if he takes it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

I see 2 years $40 mil. from Ballard for Trent Williams, but not more than that, like you said. The chance to be on a good team with a good OL unit will be enticing enough, IMO.

Yeah...  I saw that one, but I personally don’t see it.    I think we’re more likely to try to sign someone like Villanueva. 
 

Im also curious about a good article I saw nearly a week ago on Stampedeblue.   They have a good list of lesser OT who might get a surprise offer.  Most of us, me included, haven’t heard of these guys.   I know Ballard likes bargains, but I’m not sure he wants a bargain at LT.   But I encourage people to check it out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would love this 

 

With the Saints in cap hell, and Lattimore going to be paid (Next year) .... They may go for this, but the 2nd is for a one year rental

Thats a BUNCH to give up for a one year player

 

Lattimore is significantly better than Rhodes, and is someone who could take this defense up a couple of notches as well as add some flexibility

 

I would want to sign him to an extension as part of this trade 

 

My gut says that Ballard wont pay the going rate for top shut down CB (Lattimore)

 

Yeah extension would have to go along with the trade.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Lattimore for a 2nd only makes sense if he agrees to something like 3 years $45 mil. deal or something like that before the trade. Otherwise, Ballard will not pony up that 2nd rounder. If I am spending that much money, I'd rather give Rhodes 2 years $20-24 mil. and see if he takes it.

You may be right.

 

and Lattimore will probably want 15M per year

 

It SEEMS that Ballard may not want to have that much cap money tied up in CB

 

Rhodes was a good pickup.  If we could increase the pass rush even a little bit all of the DBs would look better

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade a 3rd and Rock to Saints for Lattimore.    extend  his contract  maybe at 4/68. 

 

Resign Autry Houston and Rhodes and TY

 

 

Thats 5 if I had to go to 4 I'd let Houston or Rhodes walk and address those positions in the draft if possible 

 

 

Draft BPA in the draft  Hoping it is DE  OT CB  TE or WR in that order for me

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah...  I saw that one, but I personally don’t see it.    I think we’re more likely to try to sign someone like Villanueva. 
 

Im also curious about a good article I saw nearly a week ago on Stampedeblue.   They have a good list of lesser OT who might get a surprise offer.  Most of us, me included, haven’t heard of these guys.   I know Ballard likes bargains, but I’m not sure he wants a bargain at LT.   But I encourage people to check it out. 

 

If he paid Castanzo 2 yrs. $33 mil., he understands the value of a veteran LT, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WR FA: Sign John Brown and Nelson Agholor

 

PICK 21: Kyle Pitts (If Pitts is gone best LT available)

 

2nd PICK: Best LT available if Pitts was taken at 21 or Corner

 

There you go....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

1. JJ.Watt

2. Von.Miller

3.Ty. Hilton

4. Bring Rhodes back

 

I dont know of the money is there, but that would be as close to elite as you could get.

 

oooh I completely forgot about Von Miller.   I'd still try to get Lattimore somehow and then I think we have a pretty good D.  I'm not sure what I think about Watt.    

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BluesGirl said:

Even Ballard can't pull that off

 

Williams is projected at 4 yr 80 million

JuJu is projected at 5 yr 80 million

 

Those are spotrac projections.  Could they be wrong?   Sure.  but I doubt there are that far off

This is true but they’ve had those projections dating back to the fall. I really think with over half the league in salary cap tightness or hell, you’re not gonna see the mega contracts that we’ve been seeing. Take out half the teams bidding and with 7-8 teams drastically over the cap where their only option is to cut players, the market just isn’t gonna be there

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

oooh I completely forgot about Von Miller.   I'd still try to get Lattimore somehow and then I think we have a pretty good D.  I'm not sure what I think about Watt.    

Lattimore,miller, watt, Lawson 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

oooh I completely forgot about Von Miller.   I'd still try to get Lattimore somehow and then I think we have a pretty good D.  I'm not sure what I think about Watt.    

True but with that front you could have a mediocre secondary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign a mid level Edge in FA.  (More production than Houston, but not a bank breaker)

 

Sign the Jackson kid from Cincy at CB. 

 

Draft your starting LT.  Either at pick 21 with Darrisaw, or trading down a few spots to get the next best available...maybe Eichenberg.

 

Sign Hunter Henry at TE.  Would rather improve the vertical TE position rather than use capital for another WR.

 

And these four allow me to make my 5th move, drafting CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern, in the 2nd or 3rd. (have to study this more to see his proper value).

 

Oops, I guess we lost our 3rd.  Okay, trade 4 and 5 to get the third back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Trade 2021 round one pick to the Panthers for Taylor Moton and lock him up.  I don't like the tackles I'm seeing on most boards at 23.  The Colts are a targeted spot to jump to because everyone knows they need a LT.  Moton has been a RT but he's rock solid in pass pro and he's only 26.  They need a guy they can trust now not a rook who will likely need time.  They could also target Williams and the 9ers but Moton is a young player with a lot of good football ahead and I think he could lock that blindside down.

 

2. Sign ILB Lavonte David.  Colts defense could use an upgrade off ball.  He would add a great deal to this defense and is a lot cheaper than going OT or Edge in FA.

 

3. Draft Edge round 2.  Edge is loaded in round 2.  In fact the group at 55 has real nice size for strong side as well which is what I'd be looking for.  It's also good into round 3 but I wouldn't mess around with edge they get snapped up fast.

 

4. Draft CB round 4.  This is much harder to predict of course but I like the options in this range at corner based on the mix of what you get from different draft sites and big boards.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sign a mid level Edge in FA.  (More production than Houston, but not a bank breaker)

 

Sign the Jackson kid from Cincy at CB. 

 

Draft your starting LT.  Either at pick 21 with Darrisaw, or trading down a few spots to get the next best available...maybe Eichenberg.

 

Sign Hunter Henry at TE.  Would rather improve the vertical TE position rather than use capital for another WR.

 

And these four allow me to make my 5th move, drafting CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern, in the 2nd or 3rd. (have to study this more to see his proper value).

Can Darrisaw fall that far?    

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Sign Trent Williams-LT for  2 / 28 (We can draft a LT next yr. I just think we need a proven LT considering Wentz injury history)

 

2. Re-Sign TY if the price tag is cheap. I personally think TY and Wentz can be a  good QB-WR duo.

 

3. Re-Sign Autry or Houston for cheap

 

4. Draft shutdown CB with 1st rd pick and draft a pass rusher with 2nd rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Resign Ty if it’s not to big 

sign Trent Williams / draft Lt 

if Williams is signed draft CB with 1st 

Draft TE in 2nd or trade back and draft Te in 3rd depending on what the value is for the te 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Move Q to left tackle, and sign him to an extension. Save huge $ by not having to sign a LT in free agency. Spend the money elsewhere. 

2. Move Pinter to LG.

3. Re-sign Rhodes. 3 years, $27 million. $ 18 m guaranteed.

4. Sign Allen Robinson to a 4 year, $60 m. deal. $35m guaranteed. Let TY walk. Robinson is his replacement and the young 'uns will have to be developed. 

5. Re-sign Autry at 2 years, $8m. Let Houston walk. 

6. Sign Carl Lawson. 3 years, $39 m. $26 m. guaranteed. 

7. Draft as follows: 

a. Your first two picks are going to be a top CB and a top TE. 

b. Ballard will probably make a trade to pick up an extra Day 2 pick and will nab another OT for development. 

c. The rest will work itself out, with S, WR, DE, and LB being selected in Day 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Trade 1st pick for CB Lattimore and get another impact starter.  In FA sign ER and WR. There will be many good ones available this year at those positions.   With 2nd rd pick draft a LT. 

 

You should let this idea go.

 

The Colts will have to pay Nelson, Smith, & Leonard soon.  Same with Hines in all likelihood.  They just took on a healthy contract in Wentz as well.  The Colts are not going to give up draft collateral and a cheap contract for a player who will soon be commanding top dollar.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We shall see. I think if he does anything close to what Lewis did last year he will stick. Lewis wasnt incredible but he did show the tools they thought he had when they drafted him. We need that same thing from Banogou this year or its probably curtains.
    • And as announcers have said, at home we swept, Mets, Dodgers, Padres, and Cardinals. Need reds to be help this week against brewers    And tomorrow starts a series with the Mets in NY. @NFLfan are you going to go to any of them? I saw the tickets were cheap.    I am going to the Marlins Cards game on Tuesday, close to home, in the second section from home. Will be my 5th game there this season. 7th overall   And will give a recap of AZ tomorrow, since I got back   
    • Agree with most of this, but Tannehill's accuracy was never really an issue. Those Miami teams he played for were just bad lol. Some horrible OLs. They finally started building the team correctly, and even Fitzmagic looked good.   Looks like TN is going all-in a bit for the next couple years, so wouldn't be surprised to see their O ask more from Tannehill. Running the wheels off Henry will only get you so far.
    • I wasn't big on landing Wentz but having said that sometimes a change of scenery can change a QB's career. Get with the right team = great run game, good coach than many things can change. There wasn't anyone that ever mentioned Ryan Tannehill as a top 15 QB when he played for the Dolphins, he was considered average by most and many Dolphins fans thought he was bad. Look at him in Tennessee though with Henry and better coaching. He went from average at best to good in most peoples minds. His accuracy is a lot better in Tennessee and with Henry being the focal point that allows Tannehill to make less mistakes and use play action effectively.    In reality, Wentz even has more physical tools than Tannehill has.
  • Members

    • colts824

      colts824 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • life long

      life long 235

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 68

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chucklez

      Chucklez 337

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...