Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lsu’S Claiborne Wonderlic Score (Luck's Score Mentioned)

Jules

A 41 score is actually quite impressive. I think the only QB that are currently playing that scored in the 40s are: Mr. Fitzpatrick of the Bills (48); Mr. McElroy of the Jets (43); Mr. Gabbert of the Jaguars (43); and Mr. Smith of the 49ers (40).

Some other QBs of note and their scores:

Eli Manning 39

Brian Griese 39

Matt Stafford 38

Tony Romo 37

Sam Bradford 36

Christian Ponder 35

Matt Leinart 35

Aaron Rodgers 35

Tom Brady 33

Matt Ryan 32

Matt Schaub 31

Phil Rivers 30

Andy Dalton 29

Troy Aikman 29

John Elway 29

Peyton Manning 28

Drew Brees 28

Jay Cutler 26

Tim Tebow 22

Jeff George 10

http://www.nflstatan...lic-scores.html

Jeff George!!!! I also notice Ryan Leaf isn't on that list haha .

Peyton Manning is one point better than Ryan Leaf at overall Quarterback ability.

But Ryan Fitzpatrick owns all!!!!

Actually, PM is one point better than Ryan Leaf on the Wonderlic test, which does not measure QB ability at all.

The Wonderlic test is a measure of intelligence, and more specifically cognitive problem solving under time pressure.

And yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick scored very high on the Wonderlic test.

Actually, PM is one point better than Ryan Leaf on the Wonderlic test, which does not measure QB ability at all.

The Wonderlic test is a measure of intelligence, and more specifically cognitive problem solving under time pressure.

And yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick scored very high on the Wonderlic test.

Sarcasm-Motivational-Poster-house-md-3805895-500-400.jpg

Would love to see the Bills win that division. Maybe with their new D-line it could happen. Fitzpatrick is a Harvard grad.

Smart cookie that Ryan.

Aaron Rodgers got a 35 on his wonderlic test btw. Not bad Aaron.....not bad at all. :)

Hey now. I like Ryan Fitzpatrick. ;)

One of these future seasons I hope the Bills can break out.......for the ENTIRE season. :)

They've got a good team. I could see this being the season for them to do it, if they stay healthy. They should contend for a playoff spot, but it would be hard to win that division with NE.

I don't understand. The linked article says this:

But some players with low scores, such as Dan Marino’s 16, have gone on to successful careers. Players scoring on the high end include Andrew Luck’s 41, which came in behind former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy at 43; his NFL career is yet to take off other than ticking off his Jets teammates last season.

How is that not talking about Andrew Luck and his score?

Here is another link that also says he scored a 41:

http://nflcombineres...w&l=Luck&i=8694

That 3rd link now has his wonderlic at n/a.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Andrew&l=Luck&i=8694

It seems they could read between the lines of the original authors mistake(on the first link in the thread).

Hehehehe...Show me a guy with a "single digit" Wonderlic and I'll show you a guy who has to unzip his fly to count to eleven.

I'll ask the question that everyone wants to know...

Is Adam Froman related to Abe "The Sausage King of Chicago" Froman?

Are you two in cahoots to tie these two posts together?

Pat McInally was the only player to have ever scored a perfect 50, but ironically, that's frowned upon by coaches since they feel the player may outsmart the system, their authority, and step out of line. Some players miss some questions on purpose to avoid that perfect mark.

http://profootballta...his-draft-stoc/

With Luck scoring a 41, it makes you wonder if he could have done better, but intentionally chose not to.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If my coaches are dumb enough, arrogant enough, selfish enough, and rude enough to frown upon a player for doing well on a test, then that just shows how elitist and immature they really are...

What are they asking? Whats your favorite color? Do fish swim? If a bear farts in the woods and no ones around does it make a sound? Is there a wonderlic practice test online?

It's basically word problems and such. The practice tests on line aren't very helpful because it's the time limit of the real thing that creates missed questions or questions not answered. Plus, the online ones are usually the easier questions.

WOW, just did a search and found a sample on ESPN ... the questions were crazy easy - I bet a lot of guys still fail it miserably though! I wonder what purpose does the test truly serve - I'd guess none! If a guy is a stud and scores 0 - hes still going to get 10m a year!

WOW, just did a search and found a sample on ESPN ... the questions were crazy easy - I bet a lot of guys still fail it miserably though! I wonder what purpose does the test truly serve - I'd guess none! If a guy is a stud and scores 0 - hes still going to get 10m a year!

the samples they show don't reflect that the questions get harder and you that you have to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes I think it is. Most people who take the real thing do about the same as the athletes do. If you have a reading disability, the time limit makes it nearly impossible to do well on.