Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade for Wentz (details in first post)

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

I hope that's not really his real right arm.  If so, he spent a lot of money on needlework for something that looks like a bad fake-tat sleeve.   LOL.

Its a camo sleeve.  Camo was big on nfl gear that year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am never playing poker with Ballard. My god that's a steal.

Long time Eagles fan, here is my rundown on Carson Wentz. I'll start with Wentz the person/teammate. Through 2018 he was widely considered a great guy, great teammate, hard worker. Then out of t

From Adam Schefter: Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a firs

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The eagles guy said it’s bunk that he isn’t coachable. He said yes he has a alpha personality and will challenge coaches but that was something Reich loved about him when they brought him to Phili.

Whatever Wentz's personality was, a lot of guys have one personality at 22 straight out of college and a different personality at 30 once they get some experience.  At this point, Wentz has been humbled some, so I would bet he's more than ready to take Frank's coaching.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is it.

Just listened to it and I think that’s the best take I’ve heard about the whole situation in philly. Where it wasn’t just one person but Wentz just lost faith in the organization 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Just listened to it and I think that’s the best take I’ve heard about the whole situation in Philly. Where it wasn’t just one person but Wentz just lost faith in the organization 

I didn't realize that Roseman put a statue of Nick Foles outside of the stadium.  Wow.  And then he drafts Hurts in the second.

So the organization puts a statue of the "other" QB (who started, what, 4 games that year) and then drafts a replacement shortly thereafter, and people wonder why Wentz seems broken?  

Goodness, he must have kicked Roseman's dog or something.  Those are two big decisions that a GM has to know is going to have an impact on your starter.  They hardly show an endorsement of your guy.  In fact, it signals that they will find a way to pull the rug out the first moment they can justify it.

Roseman must be a real piece of work.

(I understand wanting to memorialize the SB win, but I'd think a statue or monument of some kind that represented the team rather than the backup QB would be more appropriate)

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I didn't realize that Roseman put a statue of Nick Foles outside of the stadium.  Wow.  And then he drafts Hurts in the second.

So the organization puts a statue of the "other" QB (who started, what, 4 games that year) and then drafts a replacement shortly thereafter, and people wonder why Wentz seems broken?  

Goodness, he must have kicked Roseman's dog or something.  Those are two big decisions that a GM has to know is going to have an impact on your starter.  They hardly show an endorsement of your guy.  In fact, it signals that they will find a way to pull the rug out the first moment they can justify it.

(I understand wanting to memorialize the SB win, but I'd think a statue or monument of some kind that represented the team rather than the backup QB would be more appropriate)

Roseman didnt commission the statue.   Budweiser did.  

• Confused 1
26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Roseman didnt commission the statue.   Budweiser did.  

I was just going with what the guy naturally implied in the video I quoted.  If Roseman, director of football operations, had no veto authority or sufficient influence to alter the nature of the statue that would be erected outside of the stadium, I take back my comment.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I was just going with what the guy naturally implied in the video I quoted.  If Roseman, director of football operations, had no veto authority or sufficient influence to alter the nature of the statue that would be erected outside of the stadium, I take back my comment.

He undoubtedly had to sign off on it. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

He undoubtedly had to sign off on it. 

Agreed.  To be fair, I guess that statue was about that Philly Special play in the SB.  Obviously, Pedersen and Foles were the main characters in that play.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Agreed.  To be fair, I guess that statue was about that Philly Special play in the SB.  Obviously, Pedersen and Foles were the main characters in that play.

I get that the Eagles were excited about their championship. But they may have done some damage in the trust between them and their starting QB during their zealousness. 

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

I think it was this podcast also (although I have been listening to everyone about wentz I can), I thought it was interesting when they said Wentz will take hard coaching but you have to earn his respect first. This makes sense to me because I'm the same way, but it makes me question his and Press Taylor's relationship granted he will be working with Scott Milanovich and Reich more than Taylor, but it sounds like he didn't respect him as a QB coach. We will never know but I wonder why? the only things I can see from the outside looking in is: He is only a couple years older than wentz, never played pro as a QB, or maybe Wentz thought he already knew more than Taylor.

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We shall see. I wasn't really impressed with Reich with Luck (play calling) either. 

And given Reich will likely break down Wentz's mechanics, I think the dink and dunk and run heavy will live strong in 2021. 

I thought you were a big PA RPO guy.

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

I really liked this  RB the Philly Dude was right coming back from injury getting sacked 50 times in 12 games is a big deal combined with not surrounding him with the talent it takes to be successful is demoralizing when you consider Carson Wentz is the only Philly Pro Bowler over the last 7 years plus in 2019 he throws for 4.000 yrds to receivers none of whom had over 500 receiving yrds .  IMO that is pretty good . I can't wait to see him take the field with the fresh start with an Organization & Teammates that will believe in him . 

Ryan Grigson treated Andrew Luck badly and it lead to his early retirement . Wentz has dealt with a bad situation for years being in Indy will revitalize him just like Tannehill was . I like what Ballard has accomplished & am a very happy with the direction of our COLTS , 

• Like 3

The entire eagles organization failed with Wentz. They didn’t draft well and they didn’t surround him with enough talent. They should be ashamed. I am so excited to see him start. He seems more like a Indiana guy then a big city guy too. Hopefully we hear from him in a few weeks when the new league year starts. Will be fun to hear from Reich and Ballard too. Ballard has trusted Reich with the QB position for a good reason. He has been great with every one. Even had Jacoby at 5-2 until people caught on to him. Then when we add in FA and draft it should be a fun season next year. Hopefully we get offseason programs. If players can get vaccinated by April or May we should at least get mini camp.

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If you look at the first 4 games.

Cinci - 300+ yards, 54 attempts. 70+% - that's not rusty

atWA - low yardage, but very conservative game plan as we got up on them, and WA couldn't do anything on O.

atPhilly - IIRC, weather impacted game. Low yardage but still 40 attempts, up late, Wentz came back and beat us.

Hou - 450+ yards, 4 TDs - not rusty.

Game 1 and 4, you can't simply ignore. Those aren't rusty performances. Not saying he's 100%, but given those two performances, you simply can't say he "rusty". 

Our OL didn't gel until week 5 or 6.... Might that have something to do with his early picks? AC was out most of those games. Mack was also out early that year. 

Game 1, 70+%, not sharp?

Game 4, 4 TDs and 450+ yards, not sharp?

As far as playing from behind, we were up vs Cinci and couldn't close it out. We were up vs WA the whole game. Philly was back and forth and Wentz came back to go ahead. Houston was the only game we were really down early.

Purely my opinion, but OL is probably the biggest factor in O success. No? You can have a good OL, and bad WRs and a QB still do good. You can have great WRs and a bad OL, and the O will be bad.

So let's compare...

OL - 17th in 2014, 3rd in 2018, no question better in 2018

Running game - no question far better in 2018

RBs catching - edge to 2018

TE - Slight edge to 2018, but I'd take Ebron over Fleener.

WRs - Slight edge to 2014. TY had 1000+ both years. After TY both years, 2014 had a fading Wayne and not much more. 2018 had a committee of Grant/Pascal/Inman/Rogers

Without an OL, it was almost impossible to run. Richardson didn't help. So he was pretty much limited to passing, and the vert game. So not sure what you're saying. What were Pep's option? Do you think we win more by going dink/dunk? We won more games in 2014. We won the AFCS. We won both the WC and Div games. That's better and farther than Reich in 2018.

Nobody would argue that a QBs time to throw will be shorter in a dink/dunk vs a deep scheme.

As with the above, dink/dunk is almost always more "efficient", no?

"Rusty" is your word, not mine. I said he was playing his way into game mode, meaning he wasn't 100%, and still was getting back into his groove. Call it rusty if you want. I'm surprised this is even a point of contention.

Same for the statement that he played more efficiently in 2018. We can attribute it to the scheme, if that makes it less objectionable to you. 

Not sure how this became about Pep's offense. Also not sure why you're classifying Reich's offense as dink and dunk. An offense that uses crossing routes, slants, screens, and other concepts to get receivers open quickly lends to more efficiency. It doesn't eliminate the opportunity for big plays, especially with a QB like Luck who was good at extending, and making plays down field. I wanted Pep to use those concepts specifically because the OL was bad, and their use would result in less pressure on the OL, fewer hits on the QB, and more YAC, while still having the ability to weaponize Luck's play making ability. 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I thought you were a big PA RPO guy.

I'm good with PA RPO. Whatever works for you personnel and against opposing Ds. 

Not sure though what you mean. You can be a bad, predictable, or overly conservative coach even in a PA / RPO situation. They are not all created equal.

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

"Rusty" is your word, not mine. I said he was playing his way into game mode, meaning he wasn't 100%, and still was getting back into his groove. Call it rusty if you want. I'm surprised this is even a point of contention.

Same for the statement that he played more efficiently in 2018. We can attribute it to the scheme, if that makes it less objectionable to you. 

Not sure how this became about Pep's offense. Also not sure why you're classifying Reich's offense as dink and dunk. An offense that uses crossing routes, slants, screens, and other concepts to get receivers open quickly lends to more efficiency. It doesn't eliminate the opportunity for big plays, especially with a QB like Luck who was good at extending, and making plays down field. I wanted Pep to use those concepts specifically because the OL was bad, and their use would result in less pressure on the OL, fewer hits on the QB, and more YAC, while still having the ability to weaponize Luck's play making ability. 

Rusty, game mode, etc... no need to hang on words. I think we both know what the other is talking about.

And like I said, nobody is saying he was 100% perfect or in mid season form. Most QBs (ones that did not have a year off) aren't in mid season form to start the season.

Point is, can you honestly look at game one (300+, 70+%) and say not in game mode, especially given the lack of OL and Mack running? That was high level play for any QB in game one. Same with game 4. If you would, please give me a logical argument that would point to games 1 and 4 as outliers?

As far as scheme goes, I think you would agree that all things equal, a dink/dunk O will appear statistically more efficient. no? It's a simple question.

As far as Pep/Reich is concerned, getting WRs open early is, if relied upon a lot, is classified by most to be dink/dunk. Not sure why this is an argument. The majority of posters on the board would say Reich is a dink/dunk guy. Will that change (will we see more deep) in the coming years? IDK. He's been dink/dunk with 3 different QBs here in Indy.

On Pep, I would have preferred perhaps that he was a little more dink/dunk than he was, but I also know like most OCs and HCs from the O side, they rarely abandon their scheme totally. And given Pep won the AFCS, and went to the AFC Championship with a mediocre to bad OL and running game (and same ranked D), it's incredibly hard for me to look at him, and Reich, and say anything near that Reich is better at this point. He simply did more with less. At the very worst, he did more with near equal if you want to argue overall team quality... 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Rusty, game mode, etc... no need to hang on words. I think we both know what the other is talking about.

And like I said, nobody is saying he was 100% perfect or in mid season form. Most QBs (ones that did not have a year off) aren't in mid season form to start the season.

Point is, can you honestly look at game one (300+, 70+%) and say not in game mode, especially given the lack of OL and Mack running? That was high level play for any QB in game one. Same with game 4. If you would, please give me a logical argument that would point to games 1 and 4 as outliers?

To the bolded, yes. Luck performed well in those games you're mentioning because Luck was really good. Still, he was working on getting back to his game shape, and that was obvious, even during his good performances early in the season.

How is that debatable? 

As far as scheme goes, I think you would agree that all things equal, a dink/dunk O will appear statistically more efficient. no? It's a simple question.

It's a simple question with a simple answer, yes. Which speaks to the point I stated to begin with. The "why" wasn't really at issue. More efficient due to scheme is still more efficient.

As far as Pep/Reich is concerned, getting WRs open early is, if relied upon a lot, is classified by most to be dink/dunk. Not sure why this is an argument. The majority of posters on the board would say Reich is a dink/dunk guy. Will that change (will we see more deep) in the coming years? IDK. He's been dink/dunk with 3 different QBs here in Indy.

On Pep, I would have preferred perhaps that he was a little more dink/dunk than he was, but I also know like most OCs and HCs from the O side, they rarely abandon their scheme totally. And given Pep won the AFCS, and went to the AFC Championship with a mediocre to bad OL and running game (and same ranked D), it's incredibly hard for me to look at him, and Reich, and say anything near that Reich is better at this point. He simply did more with less. At the very worst, he did more with near equal if you want to argue overall team quality... 

Reich's offense has been limited by his QB in the last two seasons. Early on with Luck, deep passing was limited, partly due to Luck, and partly due to the OL situation. The passing game continued to open up as the season went on. I would not classify it as dink/dunk, and I'm not confident that we've really seen Reich's offense at this point. And that would be my retort to the majority of posters who would say Reich is a dink/dunk guy. It's just a label people throw around when they think an offense isn't aggressive enough.

Getting receivers open early doesn't necessarily equate to dink/dunk. It's a way to use scheme to complement the traits of your personnel, rather than exacerbating the weaknesses of your personnel. Not using these passing elements when you have a bad OL is indefensible. I didn't want Pep to abandon his scheme totally. I wanted him to use some common sense concepts that would take some pressure off the bad OL. I'll allow that he might have been handicapped due to the disarray between Grigson and Pagano, but that doesn't mean his offense couldn't run screen passes. He could have adjusted some basic elements of his offense and really pushed the unit into the elite realm. Those adjustments would not have prevented the offense from attacking deep. In fact, they would have made the offense better at attacking all areas of the field.

And you're certainly giving Pep a lot of credit for being on a team with a super talented QB coming into the height of his powers, that won two playoffs games in 2014. You're acting like Pep's coaching is the distinguishing factor between going 11-5 and winning two playoff games, and going 10-6 and winning one playoff game. Pep didn't do more, the Colts had more success in 2014 due to a variety of factors, not on Pep's back.

I had beef's with Pep's offense, especially given the personnel. I prefer Reich's offense, though I think he has some areas that need to be tightened up. But Reich doesn't have 2013-2014 Luck. I think the closest we've come to seeing Reich's full offense was the second half of 2018, and since then, we've had significant limitations at QB. If Reich's offense isn't better in specific ways in 2021, I'll be much more critical.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Superman said:

To the bolded, yes. Luck performed well in those games you're mentioning because Luck was really good. Still, he was working on getting back to his game shape, and that was obvious, even during his good performances early in the season.

How is that debatable? 

You acknowledged he played very well early with a bad OL and starting RB.

I acknowledged he wasn't 100% early.

My earlier point stands, and I don't think it's debatable. Which is... the "rusty", or whatever term argument is overused as it relates to Luck in 2018. He can be playing at both a high level and not be 100% early. He had duds later in the year, and we don't fall back on the argument. 

It's a simple question with a simple answer, yes. Which speaks to the point I stated to begin with. The "why" wasn't really at issue. More efficient due to scheme is still more efficient.

But the more efficient due to scheme, is an external factor, which is the point.

Reich's offense has been limited by his QB in the last two seasons. Early on with Luck, deep passing was limited, partly due to Luck, and partly due to the OL situation. The passing game continued to open up as the season went on. I would not classify it as dink/dunk, and I'm not confident that we've really seen Reich's offense at this point. And that would be my retort to the majority of posters who would say Reich is a dink/dunk guy. It's just a label people throw around when they think an offense isn't aggressive enough.

Getting receivers open early doesn't necessarily equate to dink/dunk. It's a way to use scheme to complement the traits of your personnel, rather than exacerbating the weaknesses of your personnel. Not using these passing elements when you have a bad OL is indefensible. I didn't want Pep to abandon his scheme totally. I wanted him to use some common sense concepts that would take some pressure off the bad OL. I'll allow that he might have been handicapped due to the disarray between Grigson and Pagano, but that doesn't mean his offense couldn't run screen passes. He could have adjusted some basic elements of his offense and really pushed the unit into the elite realm. Those adjustments would not have prevented the offense from attacking deep. In fact, they would have made the offense better at attacking all areas of the field.

I'll just say this. This is the first time Reich has full reign. He was under McCoy, an O guy, in SD/LA, and likely taking Qs from above. He didn't call plays in Philly. I don't disagree that his play calling is impacted by QB. I do think however he let Luck be Luck to an extent when he first got here in 2018, so I can't glean much from that year (early or late) in terms of Reich's actual scheme. I really doubt he would come in this year and totally flip things given the attitudes of Luck. 2019 is a throwaway year. 2020 was probably the closest thing we saw in terms of Reich's end state, but still not all the way there.

So I agree, perhaps it does open up more, but until it does, he'll be dink/dunk to a lot of people. I'm not going to play word salad when it comes to dink/dunk in general. The general fan will consider most short passing games without much deep action, as dink/dunk. If you don't like the classification/descriptor, then ignore dink/dunk, and just focus on lack of intermediate and deep.

And you're certainly giving Pep a lot of credit for being on a team with a super talented QB coming into the height of his powers, that won two playoffs games in 2014. You're acting like Pep's coaching is the distinguishing factor between going 11-5 and winning two playoff games, and going 10-6 and winning one playoff game. Pep didn't do more, the Colts had more success in 2014 due to a variety of factors, not on Pep's back.

I had beef's with Pep's offense, especially given the personnel. I prefer Reich's offense, though I think he has some areas that need to be tightened up. But Reich doesn't have 2013-2014 Luck. I think the closest we've come to seeing Reich's full offense was the second half of 2018, and since then, we've had significant limitations at QB. If Reich's offense isn't better in specific ways in 2021, I'll be much more critical.

Like I said in another post, I believe to @2006Coltsbestever I think Pep was slanted too much in his scheme. I'm giving him credit for winning more and going farther with less. You seem to give Reich an awful lot of credit for simply being conservative/efficient, yet winning less. I think it comes down to your simple bias bolded above. Like I said to 2006, I think Pep and Reich are both too far to opposite extremes. I prefer more balance. Perhaps we see that from Reich this year or later. Until that happens though, I see him as I see him.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

We better keep him clean then... 

Well, this doesn't make a lot of sense. He's got horrible clean pocket accuracy IIRC.

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So I agree, perhaps it does open up more, but until it does, he'll be dink/dunk to a lot of people. I'm not going to play word salad when it comes to dink/dunk in general. The general fan will consider most short passing games without much deep action, as dink/dunk. If you don't like the classification/descriptor, then ignore dink/dunk, and just focus on lack of intermediate and deep.

Cool on everything else. I don't know why we're comparing Reich and Pep in the first place, much less as it relates to overall team success, which is dependent on multiple factors.

But fundamentally, this is a beef of mine. Whether passes are short, intermediate, or deep isn't what I'm talking about. The pass attempts themselves have a lot to do with the QB and the development of the play being run. We saw JB miss or deliberately not target receivers that were open intermediate and deep, for reasons I don't think we can completely identify. It's not like the plays weren't called, or didn't work. He just didn't throw them.

I'm talking about the concepts themselves. It's not 'this offense doesn't have deep options,' or 'this offense doesn't have short options.' Arians' Coryell -- from which Pep kept and used lots of elements -- had plenty of short options. But they were 3rd or 4th reads. That's different from an offense that's designed to get receivers open quickly, no matter where those openings occur. 

Reich's offense features short passes, but it does not exclude intermediate or deep concepts. I don't even agree that it's lacking in those concepts. The concepts are different from an offense that features deep concepts, like Coryell. But Reich himself is heavily influenced by Coryell as well, and his offense does incorporate some of those concepts. 

Like you said, I want balance. I wanted it in the early Luck years, and I want it now. Rivers and JB wouldn't push the ball downfield, but I don't think that's because Reich's offense lacks downfield concepts. That's why I object to the dink and dunk label.

We all agree balance is the key. A team that never gets talked about being one of the greatest were the 1991 Washington team. They weren't great at any one thing but very good at everything and balanced with Rypien at QB. They could pass, run, control clock, took care of the ball, etc.. 

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Cool on everything else. I don't know why we're comparing Reich and Pep in the first place, much less as it relates to overall team success, which is dependent on multiple factors.

I think we've played it out lol, but I think you have to look at the two in the context to compare those years. 

But fundamentally, this is a beef of mine. Whether passes are short, intermediate, or deep isn't what I'm talking about. The pass attempts themselves have a lot to do with the QB and the development of the play being run. We saw JB miss or deliberately not target receivers that were open intermediate and deep, for reasons I don't think we can completely identify. It's not like the plays weren't called, or didn't work. He just didn't throw them.

JB struggles to read and doesn't have great vision. I think we would both agree to that. It wasn't just deep and intermediate that he didn't see, or avoided, but also the seam in general (or at least it "seamed" to me lol). It just felt like he was either afraid of making a mistake, or just trying to force it other places (he forced to TY a lot). In 2017, while I agree he wasn't great then either, seemed like he was more willing to throw to those places. Not sure if that was just scheme (throwing to a place rather than read), or what.

I'm talking about the concepts themselves. It's not 'this offense doesn't have deep options,' or 'this offense doesn't have short options.' Arians' Coryell -- from which Pep kept and used lots of elements -- had plenty of short options. But they were 3rd or 4th reads. That's different from an offense that's designed to get receivers open quickly, no matter where those openings occur. 

Pretty sure we both no the difference the difference between AC O, and Reich's (or at least thus far). Both have all options, it's the frequency and priority that are different. Some QBs are better in one than the other, some (like TB), can pull it off in both.

Reich's offense features short passes, but it does not exclude intermediate or deep concepts. I don't even agree that it's lacking in those concepts. The concepts are different from an offense that features deep concepts, like Coryell. But Reich himself is heavily influenced by Coryell as well, and his offense does incorporate some of those concepts. 

A lot of Reich's background doesn't seem to materialize in his scheme IMO. I'll be overjoyed if we ever see some k-gun type sets from his Buffalo days. Again, I'm not for an extreme on either side. I don't want all air raid, or against some dink/dunk. I just want to see us make the Ds defend the whole field. 

Like you said, I want balance. I wanted it in the early Luck years, and I want it now. Rivers and JB wouldn't push the ball downfield, but I don't think that's because Reich's offense lacks downfield concepts. That's why I object to the dink and dunk label.

I do disagree on this though. I think the play calling in general deemphasized the deep for Rivers. I'm not saying we didn't have guys ever running deep, but a lot were just clear outs for first read short shots. I can point to some things like the sail routes with Mo that were intermediate to deep, that worked extremely well early (IIRC vs MN), yet we almost never saw them incorporated again.  

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Came across this old interview from over a year ago. This does not sound like a guy with character or leadership issues.

There have been various stories surrounding Carson's leadership and intangibles but I think some of it goes beyond his relationship with the backup quarterback whether its Foles or Hurts.

This is a segment from 2019 discussing his leadership. This discussion was prompted after Pederson said Wentz can be a better teammate.

I find it all very odd. There have been questions about him for multiple years now. When a player really has all the intangibles and has leadership qualities you don't get these stories floating out there. I've never read or heard anything about Rivers or Brissett like with Wentz. At the same time, there have been several Eagles players stick up for Wentz. (one of them notably Fletcher Cox)

When it comes to the top paid players, specifically the quarterbacks, I feel like who these guys are in terms of leadership and in the locker room is usually not debated. Not everyone (Rogers, Roethlisberger) gets all praise in these areas. Yet with Wentz there are these reports that have been floating out there questioning how he is in the locker room and his leadership and then he has multiple teammates vehemently defend him.

9 hours ago, ar7 said:

There have been various stories surrounding Carson's leadership and intangibles but I think some of it goes beyond his relationship with the backup quarterback whether its Foles or Hurts.

This is a segment from 2019 discussing his leadership. This discussion was prompted after Pederson said Wentz can be a better teammate.

I find it all very odd. There have been questions about him for multiple years now. When a player really has all the intangibles and has leadership qualities you don't get these stories floating out there. I've never read or heard anything about Rivers or Brissett like with Wentz. At the same time, there have been several Eagles players stick up for Wentz. (one of them notably Fletcher Cox)

When it comes to the top paid players, specifically the quarterbacks, I feel like who these guys are in terms of leadership and in the locker room is usually not debated. Not everyone (Rogers, Roethlisberger) gets all praise in these areas. Yet with Wentz there are these reports that have been floating out there questioning how he is in the locker room and his leadership and then he has multiple teammates vehemently defend him.

I wonder if some of that is because he was in Phili.   That’s a hard town to play in.  Let’s be real Manning was kind of a jerk. But that was a big party of why he was so successful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let’s be real Manning was kind of a jerk. 

I'm sure he was hard on his guys when the time was appropriate, but this, this isn't a take that's common with anyone other than Patriots fans.. lol

17 hours ago, stitches said:

We better keep him clean then... 

One other factor that might help.  Wentz is one of the rare players who played his college ball indoors.  I'm not sure what his pro numbers are outdoors vs. indoors, but in his college highlights, he's looks different indoors.  It looks much more precise and machine like.  Now, we don't play indoors all the time.  We played about half the season at home outdoors last year, but he might be looking forward to getting back to some indoor football.

11 hours ago, ar7 said:

Cox is a very good player.  Ertz is a very good player.  Since the good players support him, I wonder if Wentz  is simply mean to the teammates who aren't very good.  Sounds like a reason why a HC might suggest to be a better teammate.  I think Alshon Jeffery said that Wentz threw the ball to Ertz too much.  Unless its just typical WR diva personality, maybe Wentz detected that Jeffery is not good anymore, and treated him that way in a too obvious manner.  Probably something to work on.  Not sure I'd call it a huge flaw if that's all it is.

I think its kind of interesting the Colts didnt make Press Taylor the QB coach. He was Wentz QB coach last year when his mechanics and what not all went out the door. Milanovich is our QB coach. Did Milanovich and Brady work together in the CFL? I see they both have CFL backgrounds?

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think its kind of interesting the Colts didnt make Press Taylor the QB coach. He was Wentz QB coach last year when his mechanics and what not all went out the door. Milanovich is our QB coach. Did Milanovich and Brady work together in the CFL? I see they both have CFL backgrounds?

Yes in Montreal 

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Carson and Press are best friends. Its the only reason they hired Press was to make it more comfortable for Wentz. If I was the Colts however I would not let Press have much say in the offense or coaching up Wentz. he acted more as a buddy then a coach last year in Philly as the QB coach. Carson does need some tough love to get the best out of him. He needs coaching that will sit him down and give him the truth, and drill it in him and his work ethic to get better. Press can be that guy Wentz can buddy up with at Lunch and go out to dinner with. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Carson and Press are best friends. Its the only reason they hired Press was to make it more comfortable for Wentz. If I was the Colts however I would not let Press have much say in the offense or coaching up Wentz. he acted more as a buddy then a coach last year in Philly as the QB coach. Carson does need some tough love to get the best out of him. He needs coaching that will sit him down and give him the truth, and drill it in him and his work ethic to get better. Press can be that guy Wentz can buddy up with at Lunch and go out to dinner with. 

Glad he wont be the QB coach or the OC then