Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade for Wentz (details in first post)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am never playing poker with Ballard. My god that's a steal.

Long time Eagles fan, here is my rundown on Carson Wentz. I'll start with Wentz the person/teammate. Through 2018 he was widely considered a great guy, great teammate, hard worker. Then out of t

From Adam Schefter: Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a firs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Highly doubt he was even involved

You might be right but it's not unlikely. Teams help each other out in order to build a good relationship. Business works this way all the time. It's not just about trying to screw someone over. Reich gave the good word as did Ballard concerning Nick. Why wouldn't he put his 2 cents in to his new bosses about the issue? Philly and Indy are developing a good respect and understanding. Will hopefully pay dividends for future trades between the two teams.

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

This is the annoying part about these online-journo types in today's social media world. They just make up stuff or go "all-in" on certain stories when they have no sources whatsoever. If they are right, people think they are some sort of insider. If they are wrong, they say their "source" was wrong and no one holds them accountable.

" YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST"  when they are wrong the tweet gets deleted 

• Thanks 1

The safety net in the deal is very important.

If Wentz fails miserably and the team does poorly, he will be benched, and we would still get our early first round pick in 2022

If he does really well (My hope) we have a late first round that would be less painful to give up.

The Texans missed out on the THIRD overall pick...... this year......  Thats why you dont lose control of you future first round picks

I am glad Ballard is in charge

8 minutes ago, Introspect said:

You might be right but it's not unlikely. Teams help each other out in order to build a good relationship. Business works this way all the time. It's not just about trying to screw someone over. Reich gave the good word as did Ballard concerning Nick. Why wouldn't he put his 2 cents in to his new bosses about the issue? Philly and Indy are developing a good respect and understanding. Will hopefully pay dividends for future trades between the two teams.

I doubt nick ever met Carson.   From the sounds of it Roseman was pretty ticked that Ballard wouldn't up his offer.  If Wentz balls out and the Eagles struggle he will probably be fired.    

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Given Wentz will likely need a lot of attention from Reich, perhaps Reich gives up play calling since he'll more a less become QB Coach. 

A boy can dream... 

I’m kind of on the opposite page now. I’m all for letting Frank call the plays because if it doesn’t work out then there’s no conjecture or posturing about what the problem is. These two guys are supposed to be the equivalent of peanut butter and jelly, so I want to give them the full floor to show us what they can do. If we find out that sandwich isn’t as good as advertised later on then maybe we’ll put a slice of cheese on it and see if that makes it any better. 

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

If Wentz fails miserably and the team does poorly, he will be benched, and we would still get our early first round pick in 2022

If he does really well (My hope) we have a late first round that would be less painful to give up.

The Texans missed out on the THIRD overall pick...... this year......  Thats why you dont lose control of you future first round picks

Well the Texans also managed to screw up their organization so badly that their franchise QB isn't going to play for them anymore.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is wrong far more than he is right.    But whatever.    

No he is not.   

Not judging Fosh.  Never heard of him before this Wentz situation.

But he was right this morning.  And that tweet was the significant tweet because he actually made a commitment that the deal was done and by which two teams.  

The other stuff was just educated speculation.  He never committed to being "right", until this morning.

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

The Texans missed out on the THIRD overall pick, trading it for a good LT (not worth the 3rd pick though)..........  Thats why you dont lose control of you future first round picks

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

But he was right this morning.  And that tweet was the significant tweet because he actually made a commitment that the deal was done and by which two teams.  

The other stuff was just educated speculation.  He never committed to being "right", until this morning.

2 days he said the Broncos has a deal in place

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I doubt nick ever met Carson.   From the sounds of it Roseman was pretty ticked that Ballard wouldn't up his offer.  If Wentz balls out I doubtand  the Eagles struggle he will probably be fired.    

I mean I’m sure Roseman has some clemency here. He didn’t turn down better offers to send him here. In fact, we were the only offer. I’m sure he had a sit down with Laurie and they both acknowledged that this was it. It was this, or keep him on the roster. That wasn’t an option, and the only thing worse than their compensation for this deal would have been eating the cap numbers to just cut him. They literally got all they were going to get in return for him, and I don’t think Roseman is going to take the heat for that. At least he shouldn’t. I don’t want to defend Roseman, but his options here were severely limited. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

2 days he said the Broncos has a deal in place

Ok, I was just adding some levity to the thread.  I didn't realize so many had such animus for the guy.  

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

Well the Texans also managed to screw up their organization so badly that their franchise QB isn't going to play for them anymore.

I agree......Texans have some major problems, If Watson wants to cause further problems, they will be forced to trade him.... 

The asking price may bring them 3 first round picks...plus.....  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Are you serious right now? I could've easily made those same logic inferences based on what was being reported by the media. Vegas changed the odds of Wentz coming to the Colts to -1200 yesterday as well. At that point, it was safe to say Wentz was going to be coming to the team in a matter of days.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He deletes his wrong posts.  Not like it matters if he was wrong or right.   Who cares?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Given Wentz will likely need a lot of attention from Reich, perhaps Reich gives up play calling since he'll more a less become QB Coach. 

A boy can dream... 

yes...but, Wentz is far from being a rook.

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean I’m sure Roseman has some clemency here. He didn’t turn down better offers to send him here. In fact, we were the only offer. I’m sure he had a sit down with Laurie and they both acknowledged that this was it. It was this, or keep him on the roster. That wasn’t an option, and the only thing worse than their compensation for this deal would have been eating the cap numbers to just cut him. They literally got all they were going to get in return for him, and I don’t think Roseman is going to take the heat for that. At least he shouldn’t. I don’t want to defend Roseman, but his options here were severely limited. 

The demise of Roseman goes beyond this trade.   It may be his final straw though

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A boy can dream... 

I think you look at Wentz superbowl season and see what they did with him since most of the coaches will now be surrounding him.    Pedersen called the plays but then again Reich new the good and bad of those plays.   So maybe some adjustments to be made with the whole new brain trust     

I think Frank will be fine calling plays.  Maybe even more so now that he has the QB he needs to pull it off  Just my opinion

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The demise of Roseman goes beyond this trade.   It may be his final straw though

Oh yeah. I’ll never understand how he still has a job. I just can’t pin this one on him, though. The only alternative was way worse. And I mean even the Wentz contract had to get approval from Laurie, so he can’t even take the fall based on that. Laurie seemed to really covet Wentz. Firing Pederson was his way of trying to make good with Wentz. I’ll never believe anything otherwise. I just can’t fault Roseman at all in this one. He played the hand he was dealt. 

1 minute ago, BluesGirl said:

I think you look at Wentz superbowl season and see what they did with him since most of the coaches will now be surrounding him.    Pedersen called the plays but then again Reich new the good and bad of those plays.   So maybe some adjustments to be made with the whole new brain trust     

I think Frank will be fine calling plays.  Maybe even more so now that he has the QB he needs to pull it off  Just my opinion

Skeptical on Frank calling plays tbh, and skeptical on CW.    

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Oh yeah. I’ll never understand how he still has a job. I just can’t pin this one on him, though. The only alternative was way worse. And I mean even the Wentz contract had to get approval from Laurie, so he can’t even take the fall based on that. Laurie seemed to really covet Wentz. Firing Pederson was his way of trying to make good with Wentz. I’ll never believe anything otherwise. I just can’t fault Roseman at all in this one. He played the hand he was dealt. 

He should fired with (if not before) Pederson 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Roseman drew up the contract.   Owners have gms for that very purpose.   The owner isn't going to take the blame and let the GM off the hook.   

6 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

They will be on but they haven't even announced it yet on Colts.com. 

It can’t be announced. It’s not official until the league year begins March 17. Besides, I wouldn’t comment on it either until it’s official so we don’t risk another McDaniels situation

Just now, csmopar said:

It can’t be announced. It’s not official until the league year begins March 17. Besides, I wouldn’t comment on it either until it’s official so we don’t risk another McDaniels situation

That's true 

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Do you mean Lurie? I'm confused