Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RIP Vincent Jackson

PrincetonTiger

Very sad news. Rest in peace. My condolences to his family and all those military families that he helped with his foundation. 

I don't know if it is because I am getting older, but it seems that I am feeling the impact of these deaths a lot more than I did in the past. Already, people I knew well  like John Chaney, Tommy Lasorda, Hank Aaron, Paul Westphal, Ted Thompson, Marty Schottenheimer, Vincent Jackson, and others have died in a month and a half this year. :(

My step sister and brother in law were very close to VJax! Theyre very shocked over this! They dont know anything yet about what happened, but we think that maybe he had CTE! If thats the case, and he took his own life, this would be very devastating! Especially since he has 4 children! It would hurt less to know maybe it was from natural causes, but definitely very suspicious!

• 10 months later...

The hard hits are the worst part about the game. Smash mouth football has a high cost. No amount of money these players make can fix their bodies/brains at the end of the day. This game we all love comes at such a high price to those who play it. And not to take away from it but…

Yet it pales…and I mean REALLY pales in comparison to the priceless cost that all of our wonderful military veterans go through for the ultimate cost of happiness (our freedom). God bless every single past, present, and future military member, and to

all their friends and families who share that sacrifice.

13 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

The hard hits are the worst part about the game. Smash mouth football has a high cost. No amount of money these players make can fix their bodies/brains at the end of the day. This game we all love comes at such a high price to those who play it. And not to take away from it but…

Yet it pales…and I mean REALLY pales in comparison to the priceless cost that all of our wonderful military veterans go through for the ultimate cost of happiness (our freedom). God bless every single past, present, and future military member, and to

all their friends and families who share that sacrifice.

Yep. As dangerous the NFL is, there are dozens of careers far more dangerous, paid less, while being less appreciated.

e.g. law enforcement, military, loggers, roofers, miners, construction workers.

Archived