Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5


QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

    • Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
      0
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
      0
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
      0
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

    • Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

    • Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m good with rolling with Eason or Trading for Wentz.    Rolling Eason is a win win for the team IMO. You could find your long term answer at the position or end up with a Top 10 pick. I don’t

If this happens at any point today, I'm off his back. I'll delete all my negative posts about him lol.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The one reason I talk about the Pocket is that it informs people that I a, not from NY/NJ metro Area

Like I said, I like hearing it from you. Just thought it was funny of you to post what you did about the header, when that is stuff you post about a lot.

 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

PT is proud of where he comes from. Nothing wrong with that.

 

Did you know the Mets skipper of the 1969 World Series Champs is from Princeton, IN. He was a proud Hoosier. You know who that is?

Nothing wrong with it all, just a little hypocritical with that header post of his.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict by no later than Tuesday we'll have aquired Wentz. I just hope Reich is the Quarterback whisperer that many think he is. With he and Brady's help I hope they will be able to turn him around. If so we could have a really nice ride for a lot of years. Check in Wednesday to see if it happened or if I am a crappy prognosticator like the other guys on twitter.:thmup:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

yeah, Darnold, to me, is just a huge unknown. I can't say he's bad, and I can't say he's good. I still just look at him as pure potential that we can't make a call about yet. Again, not saying I want him. I certainly wouldn't pay big for him.

I love seen the great and the bad from Wentz. All I have seen from Darnold is the meh. I never thought he would amount to much out of college and he has not done anything in New York. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I predict by no later than Tuesday we'll have aquired Wentz. I just hope Reich is the Quarterback whisperer that many think he is. With he and Brady's help I hope they will be able to turn him around. If so we could have a really nice ride for a lot of years. Check in Wednesday to see if it happened or if I am a crappy prognosticatorlike the other guys on twitter.:thmup:

Ok...   I’ll ask.   Why Tuesday?  
 

What’s so special about Tuesday and not any other day of this week?  

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...   I’ll ask.   Why Tuesday?  
 

What’s so special about Tuesday and not any other day of this week?  

it's the day after Monday!lol I am gone and won't be able to be on the site till Tuesday useless the trip is canceled. Really just arbitrary.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

it's the day after Monday!lol I am gone and won't be able to be on the site till Tuesday useless the trip is canceled. Really just arbitrary.

You are going to miss it.  I am going to guess tomorrow by 2PM. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed when I checked stats that Wentz has never been a very accurate QB from a clean pocket for most of his career.  This past season he was absolutely atrocious. Barely ranking above only Haskins and another but behind guys like Lock, Darnold, & Trubisky.   
 

Now you say you are a big believer in clean pocket stats yet not a fan of Fields right?    Well I could have sworn that PFF had him as the most accurate (on target) passer in the country this year when throwing from a clean pocket.  Maybe someone with a PFF account can confirm?

Yeah, that's why I tossed that in to my post. PFF slammed him on all things clean pocket. 

 

My beef with Fields is that he is surrounded with 5 star talent, and still inconsistent at times against far inferior talent. It's not really a beef so to speak, but I just can't get his performance vs IU, or NW out of my head. Don't get me wrong, IU and NW weren't horrible teams this year, but they aren't blue bloods either. Fields looked atrocious in both games. 

50 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sure do

I really like Burrow, and I think he's a really different story/narrative than Darnold. That said, I can name 3 or 4 Bengals WRs. I can't name a single one from the NYJs. It's why I take a little pitty on Darnold. Again, not saying I want Darnold, or think he'll be great. I just think he's had a really bad environment to work in. And I know he showed a lot of talent in college.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yeah, that's why I tossed that in to my post. PFF slammed him on all things clean pocket. 

 

My beef with Fields is that he is surrounded with 5 star talent, and still inconsistent at times against far inferior talent. It's not really a beef so to speak, but I just can't get his performance vs IU, or NW out of my head. Don't get me wrong, IU and NW weren't horrible teams this year, but they aren't blue bloods either. Fields looked atrocious in both games. 

I really like Burrow, and I think he's a really different story/narrative than Darnold. That said, I can name 3 or 4 Bengals WRs. I can't name a single one from the NYJs. It's why I take a little pitty on Darnold. Again, not saying I want Darnold, or think he'll be great. I just think he's had a really bad environment to work in. And I know he showed a lot of talent in college.

Burrow has the local boy going home like Fields would if drafted by Atlanta 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I love seen the great and the bad from Wentz. All I have seen from Darnold is the meh. I never thought he would amount to much out of college and he has not done anything in New York. 

Wentz had very good supporting cast for most of his career so it's understandable he'd have good moments, or good seasons. Darnold has has played for arguably the worst team in the league over the last 3 years. Can you name a WR on the Jets? The Eagles had one of the best OLs in the league prior to this year. The Jets have been bottom 5ish all 3 of Darnolds career. 

 

Very different supporting cast for both. Again, not a big fan of Darnold, nor do I really want him. I just recognize the context in terms of personnel surrounding both. Lets be honest, NYJs have arguably been the worst franchise in the league over the last 5 years. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I predict by no later than Tuesday we'll have aquired Wentz. I just hope Reich is the Quarterback whisperer that many think he is. With he and Brady's help I hope they will be able to turn him around. If so we could have a really nice ride for a lot of years. Check in Wednesday to see if it happened or if I am a crappy prognosticator like the other guys on twitter.:thmup:

Hopefully this is correct. Has about as much a chance as all this other noise floating around.

 

Just ready to know if we have our QB or if the mission continues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Burrow has the local boy going home like Fields would if drafted by Atlanta 

You over estimate the love for Fields down here in the South. He's probably more popular in OH than here in ATL. I have a ton of Falcon fans for friends, and I have yet to hear one say they want Fields. They all either want to keep Ryan (and improve the weak spots on the team), or are delusional and think they can get Watson... A couple that have talked about the draft have been complimentary of Wilson and Lance if they do get rid of Ryan. 

 

I just don't get the vibe down here in the dirty south that Ryan is going anywhere. Blank, who doesn't really say a lot, has said he's confident both Julio and Matty Ice are back. He's a stand up dude, and I put more stock in what he says than I do most owners.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wentz had very good supporting cast for most of his career so it's understandable he'd have good moments, or good seasons. Darnold has has played for arguably the worst team in the league over the last 3 years. Can you name a WR on the Jets? The Eagles had one of the best OLs in the league prior to this year. The Jets have been bottom 5ish all 3 of Darnolds career. 

 

Very different supporting cast for both. Again, not a big fan of Darnold, nor do I really want him. I just recognize the context in terms of personnel surrounding both. Lets be honest, NYJs have arguably been the worst franchise in the league over the last 5 years. 

Look at Wentz's supporting cast in 2019. 3rd string wrs and beat up Oline. He carried that team to the play offs. I agree about Darnold. Not a lot of talent to work with. I get it. That is my biggest concern about Darnold. As u said not a lot of talent, poor coaching and organization. Not once would I say in 3 years has Darnold ever risen above  it all. Not a stretch of games or even a game where u would go wow. That is the #3 pick in the draft. I just see meh. If the Colts were high on him, I truly believe he would have been their 1st target. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hopefully this is correct. Has about as much a chance as all this other noise floating around.

 

Just ready to know if we have our QB or if the mission continues.

This is where I'm at. I'm not all that high on Wentz at all, but if he's ours, he's ours. And I will pray it all works out. Once he puts the shoe on, I'll take a Wentz pill. I do think he ends up here, but at the same time, wouldn't be surprised at all if our mission continues. After the Stafford move to LAR, who I got a little bit excited about, I'm pretty meh on everything right now. I'm just kinda in a go with the flow mood, unless it's go with JB, or spend a ton of capital on Wentz. Wentz at least bring with it, the potential of his 2017 performance, and therefore hope.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You over estimate the love for Fields down here in the South. He's probably more popular in OH than here in ATL. I have a ton of Falcon fans for friends, and I have yet to hear one say they want Fields. They all either want to keep Ryan (and improve the weak spots on the team), or are delusional and think they can get Watson... A couple that have talked about the draft have been complimentary of Wilson and Lance if they do get rid of Ryan. 

 

I just don't get the vibe down here in the dirty south that Ryan is going anywhere. Blank, who doesn't really say a lot, has said he's confident both Julio and Matty Ice are back. He's a stand up dude, and I put more stock in what he says than I do most owners.  

I am in the SEC Footprint 

 

   If you want to see hate of a hometown player ask anyone in BBN about Damien Harris

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Look at Wentz's supporting cast in 2019. 3rd string wrs and beat up Oline. He carried that team to the play offs. I agree about Darnold. Not a lot of talent to work with. I get it. That is my biggest concern about Darnold. As u said not a lot of talent, poor coaching and organization. Not once would I say in 3 years has Darnold ever risen above  it all. Not a stretch of games or even a game where u would go wow. That is the #3 pick in the draft. I just see meh. If the Colts were high on him, I truly believe he would have been their 1st target. 

Look deeper. In 2019, Wentz had the #1 OL. Yes, he had injuries to WR, but he still had  time with Agholor and Jeffery (and IMO, he didn't fully utilize that time). He did rather well with TE (Ertz and Goedert) and decent throwing to RBs. His game just seemed to change and he was very funky overall. I'm critical of Luck, but he made guys like Rogers and other tier 2 and 3 WRs look good. Wentz did not, which is one my issues with him. He's just not a good dealer IMO. I think he could have done a lot better with the addition of JJA-W too for instance in his rook year. 

 

Darnold had a horrible OL to start with, whereas Wentz had luxury. It's just really hard to overcome a rook year, or 3 total years with a bottom 5 OL. Wentz had a great OL every year except 2020. Can you imagine him having a bottom 5 OL for all of his years?

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Look deeper. In 2019, Wentz had the #1 OL. Yes, he had injuries to WR, but he still had  time with Agholor and Jeffery (and IMO, he didn't fully utilize that time). He did rather well with TE (Ertz and Goedert) and decent throwing to RBs. His game just seemed to change and he was very funky overall. I'm critical of Luck, but he made guys like Rogers and other tier 2 and 3 WRs look good. Wentz did not, which is one my issues with him. He's just not a good dealer IMO. I think he could have done a lot better with the addition of JJA-W too for instance in his rook year. 

 

Darnold had a horrible OL to start with, whereas Wentz had luxury. It's just really hard to overcome a rook year, or 3 total years with a bottom 5 OL. Wentz had a great OL every year except 2020. Can you imagine him having a bottom 5 OL for all of his years?

 

 

Agreed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am in the SEC Footprint 

 

   If you want to see hate of a hometown player ask anyone in BBN about Damien Harris

The SEC barely counts KY in football lol... The dirty south is GA, TN, Bama, LA, FL, SC, Miss, etc. KY, Ark, Missouri, and TX are outliers, although TX has street cred as a state, and Ark a history to an extent. Not trying to be mean, just realistic. Most of my friends in the last 20 years are SEC guys. My older friends are BIG10 guys, and I have a ton of friends from all over, just saying if you live in southern IN or Norther KY, you're not really in SEC territory. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

yeah, OL can't be overlooked. Especially in early QB years. Darnold walked into a very bad situation and it only got worse.

 

It (the trade) helped Indy though lol. It would be a trip if Indy ended up with Darnold for next to nothing, and succeeded here lo. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waterdog said:

If you'd be glad to offer details, please offer 2, or 3, or more if you can. If you can only offer 1, of just simplistically offer 'bad'...that seems insubstantial...and even 1 would be detail(singular)

He can't throw to his left, his stats are put up in junk time, he can't hit open guys on the regular and I have Bears fans who called me and were thrilled that he was benched in the middle of the season and annoyed he got the job back and they back ended into the playoffs this year. The Bears were so thrilled with it they want the same guy as Ballard wants. There's more. I can keep going, but do I need too? Seems like "he's bad" given the topic really was satisfactory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly reminder from TigerTown  

  CB is the GM 

My alerts said this post quoted me for some reason. Did you edit or something.

 

 

But to reply to this post.... 

Friendly reminder. worshipping false gods is sacrilegious, and if you're atheist, worshipping anyone is illogical. :banana:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

PT is proud of where he comes from. Nothing wrong with that.

 

Did you know the Mets skipper of the 1969 World Series Champs is from Princeton, IN. He was a proud Hoosier. You know who that is?

Was that Gil Hodges??

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridgewater to the Colts is about as exciting as grade school cafeteria food. Sometimes you just don't have a choice, but when you do, you never do it again. Bridgewater is just a slight upgrade in talent to JB, but doesn't know the system...

 

Not going to happen. I'd love him as backup on a low dollar deal though.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bridgewater to the Colts is about as exciting as grade school cafeteria food. Sometimes you just don't have a choice, but when you do, you never do it again. Bridgewater is just a slight upgrade in talent to JB, but doesn't know the system...

 

Not going to happen. I'd love him as backup on a low dollar deal though.

 

I agree

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Shive pinned this topic
  • Shive locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...