Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5

EastStreet

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

• Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

• Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

47 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Anything could happen, but I have to ask, what part of Darnolds game (Last 3 years)  translates to a starters role or an improvement over Rivers?

What have you seen that makes you wish to give anything to bring him here.

I'm really not a fan of having Darnold here. That said, I think it's all about potential with him, and the simple fact he played on a very bad team. IMO, any QB for the NYJs in the last 3 years would have been bad. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, shakedownstreet said:

To be fair, no one would have heard of him had he been drafted by any other team. He was a sixth round pick in the right place at the right time. There could be any number of QB's drafted in the sixth round capable of doing what Brady has done. But we will never have heard of them because they weren't Tom Brady drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round of the draft. It's a great story, but it's also just random human nature

Agreed

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Can we please stop posting what the clown is saying? He’s really not worth it and all we are doing is giving him clicks

i dont think so no way GIF

It's all entertainment. 1 of these tweets one day will be the answer. Never know if it will be the next.

15 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Just a question for thoughs that classify Darnald as trash. What QB do you think could have gone to the Jets the past 3 yrs and been a winner? Brady? Wilson? Burrows? Lawrence?

I don't think he's trash...just that his long windup throwing motion has always looked risky, all the way back to USC.

And I think other under 30 QBs are better athletes(Lock and Trubisky as 2).

Instead of mentioning A Rod or Russ, I will say they looked more likely to win when Flacco was replacing (injured) Sam, who's a high draft choice who must play to prove he wasn't a draft error.

3 minutes ago, waterdog said:

I don't think he's trash...just that his long windup throwing motion has always looked risky, all the way back to USC.

Instead of mentioning A Rod or Russ, I will say they looked more likely to win when Flacco was replacing (injured) Sam, who's a high draft choice who must play to prove he wasn't a draft error.

I would hope that he is the QB that lands in Indianapolis FR and the QB brain trust can correct things

4 minutes ago, waterdog said:

So you are a QB evaluator for the Chicago Bears?

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Twitter Profile Header

I don't even know what that is?

Words? Picture?

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If this isn’t announced by tomorrow then I will stop posting his tweets because he will be proved a fraud.

Then what will there be to talk about?

The rest of the tweets are just as unreliable as his.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm really not a fan of having Darnold here. That said, I think it's all about potential with him, and the simple fact he played on a very bad team. IMO, any QB for the NYJs in the last 3 years would have been bad. 

And yet it's easy to see how good Joey Burrow is playing for the lousy Bengals.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

That is how I feel especially with the unknowns about JE

yeah, Darnold, to me, is just a huge unknown. I can't say he's bad, and I can't say he's good. I still just look at him as pure potential that we can't make a call about yet. Again, not saying I want him. I certainly wouldn't pay big for him.

Just now, w87r said:

I don't even know what that is?

Words? Picture?

Then what will there be to talk about?

The rest of the tweets are just as unreliable as his.

His header(Description) tells about all the trades/signings he broke my equivalent would be having things Like My HS VP was a Bears draftee, I went to school and competed with a Cubs Draftee, Competed against a MLB and NFL Draftee, Coached against a future Colt and taught the Indiana Basketball scoring record holder, NCAA NC and #1 WNBA Pick

8 minutes ago, waterdog said:

They won 2 games and Sam started both. Not saying that is great but shoots your theory down. Both wins were against playoff teams, Bills and Browns.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do an honest evaluation of Wentz. He would have been the MVP in 2017 if he had not blown his ACL. 2019, he played with no talent at the wr position. He carried that offence kicking and screaming to the playoffs. 2020 was a disaster. Wentz proved that he can play at an elite and crap level.  I do believe that he can turn it around with Reich in his corner. It was kind of like Rhodes last year. Played at an all pro level and down the last 2 years or so. The Colts believed he could revert back or close to his all pro level.

Im in the pro-Wentz camp.   I’m in favor of the Colts getting him.  Not against. 

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

They won 2 games and Sam started both. Not saying that is great but shoots your theory down. Both wins were against playoff teams, Bills and Browns.

He also was 7-6 as starter in 2019. Missed 3 games to mono.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

There's a slew of PFF tweets showing his bad stats, especially around clean pocket throws. 

They're really down on him. I'm not all in on PFF in general, but I do believe their ratings are a good indicator and directionally correct. I'm also a big believer in clean pocket stats. 

I noticed when I checked stats that Wentz has never been a very accurate QB from a clean pocket for most of his career.  This past season he was absolutely atrocious. Barely ranking above only Haskins and another but behind guys like Lock, Darnold, & Trubisky.   

Now you say you are a big believer in clean pocket stats yet not a fan of Fields right?    Well I could have sworn that PFF had him as the most accurate (on target) passer in the country this year when throwing from a clean pocket.  Maybe someone with a PFF account can confirm?

5 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Sam won as QB vs Rams in LA, and next week vs Cleveland,  but this year, of all years...

"tell me who's playing".

Flacco played better than Sam vs the Raiders and, especially, vs the Patriots.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

His header(Description) tells about all the trades/signings he broke my equivalent would be having things Like My HS VP was a Bears draftee, I went to school and competed with a Cubs Draftee, Competed against a MLB and NFL Draftee, Coached against a future Colt and taught the Indiana Basketball scoring record holder, NCAA NC and #1 WNBA Pick

I mean.... Isn't that the things you say in here all the time? Might as well be your twitter(colts forum) header. :dunno:

Dont Accuse Me Glass House GIF by Snowfall

5 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Wentz>Darnold IMO

This is like saying you like steak more than stale chips..

Wentz at least theoretically has shown it before. Darnold hasn't.

I'd administer an internet sobriety test to anyone who's down with even entertaining the idea of Trubisky, if it was possible. lol 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is like saying you like steak more than stale chips..

Wentz at least theoretically has shown it before. Darnold hasn't.

I'd administer an internet sobriety test to anyone who's down with even entertaining the idea of Trubisky, if it was possible. lol 

Exactly why?

(from a Trubisky voter).

He hasn't "blown out his ACL"(as Wentz and Dehaun both have)

He doesn't complain about the owner or the coaching staff...or his punchdrunk WRs.

And he wouldn't cost any draft capital.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Winston or Wilson

I meant Winston but I like Russell Wilson more. I like most players for the right price. I liked Kirk Cousins before he signed for a fortune from us. 

I would be happy trading a 3rd round pick or lower for Darnold. 

2 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Exactly why?

(from a Trubisky voter).

He doesn't complain about the owner or the coaching staff...or his punchdrunk WRs.

At the risk of sounding tautological, he's bad.

I mean I'd be glad to offer details, but I feel like more than a quick glance at what his game entails should clue people in, that it's him, not the system or coaching.  

2 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Exactly why?

(from a Trubisky voter).

His price and the ability to keep Draft Capital is why I would be fine for the Brain Trust Likes him

I've been anti Wentz for a while, starting to come around with the thought, that this was always what Reich wanted to try and do when he came here?(have Wentz follow him eventually?)

If Wentz did come here and turn his career back around. (2) 2nds + would be a steal.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No I don’t 

If you say so. I think I just about know everyone that ever came from the pocket, thanks to your post. Either went to your school or one in the county or your dad coached. Its all good, I don't even mind hearing about it.

Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

So that wasn’t a espn alert it was just what he titled the source in his  text message. He is going to look stupid if this isn’t correct.

Why do you keep posting those? I think I may sign up for Twitter and make up stories. (Just kidding)

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I've been anti Wentz for a while, starting to come around with the thought, that this was always what Reich wanted to try and do when he came here?(have Wentz follow him eventually?)

If Wentz did come here and turn his career back around. (2) 2nds + would be a steal.

If you say so. I think I just about know everyone that ever came from the pocket, thanks to your post. Either went to your school or one in the county or your dad coached. Its all good, I don't even mind hearing about it.

Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN

The one reason I talk about the Pocket is that it informs people that I am not from NY/NJ metro Area

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

PT is proud of where he comes from. Nothing wrong with that.

Did you know the Mets skipper of the 1969 World Series Champs is from Princeton, IN. He was a proud Hoosier. You know who that is?

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

At the risk of sounding tautological, he's bad.

I mean I'd be glad to offer details, but I feel like more than a quick glance at what his game entails should clue people in, that it's him, not the system or coaching.  

If you'd be glad to offer details, please offer 2, or 3, or more if you can. If you can only offer 1, of just simplistically offer 'bad'...that seems insubstantial...and even 1 would be detail(singular)

Here is the thing about Wentz we will know pretty quick if he can be the guy. Even after a year it’s only a 15 million dead cap if cut. We have a young QB behind him if it doesn’t work out. So it at least gives us a little more time to evaluate Eason. If Wentz works great. If not we do have a young guy behind him. So it isn’t all lost if Wentz doesn’t work.

Archived