Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

• Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

• Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m good with rolling with Eason or Trading for Wentz.    Rolling Eason is a win win for the team IMO. You could find your long term answer at the position or end up with a Top 10 pick. I don’t

If this happens at any point today, I'm off his back. I'll delete all my negative posts about him lol.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

If this happens at any point today, I'm off his back. I'll delete all my negative posts about him lol.

I'm really upset that he was right about this....

Not about the trade itself. Just that Fosh got this right. I guess if you throw enough at a wall, something will eventually stick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

How does a conditional pick work? Thank you

There would be something that has to happen for it to move to a first...unclear but maybe Wentz has to start 15 games or maybe Colts have to make the playoffs, something like that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How does a conditional pick work? Thank you

You set terms for the player to meet in 2021, and how he measures up to those terms determines the value of the conditional pick.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I guess you're busy.

Write when you can.      :default_20smile:

I'm shocked also. Great deal, to boot.

13 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Why was Groh fired?  Was that a Carson Wentz back channel decision?  And I have an honest question for everyone.  If we get Wentz & he struggles and say we go 7-9 or worse and miss the playoffs, will everyone be calling for him to be run out of town like Brissett or will fans make excuses for him and call for more patience?  Would a lot of us be ok with the Colts going out and getting a future HoF QB like Ryan next off season and paying both Ryan & Wentz salaries like we did with Rivers & Jacoby?  

And lastly, if Eason outplayed Wentz in training camp or Wentz struggled, would Frank go with Eason over him?  Or will it be a Brisset/Kelly situation where we’re gonna sink or swim with Wentz like we did with Brisset regardless of his poor play?  I guess I’m just worried that some of us Colts fans are so desperate for a quick answer at QB that many will be willing to settle and make excuses for Wentz.  If he does come here I’m sure we’ll all be hoping he balls out.  But it will be interesting to see how his performances will be judged by the fans if he struggles. 

That's a stretch

and Frankly I don't play the "what if" because you can take it in so many ways, and why worry about something that has not happened. You will go mad if you start going down that what if hole.

Just now, John Waylon said:

So we only gave them NEXT year’s 2, and not 2 of them?

Thats actually a big steal if true. Well done. 

Correct. BUT it could turn into a 1 if he plays 75% of tue snaps on 2021 or plays 70% and we make the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm really upset that he was right about this....

Not about the trade itself. Just that Fosh got this right. I guess if you throw enough at a wall, something will eventually stick.

Why are you upset he was right?

He did literally say before noon today and it was done before noon.

He clearly knows somebody somewhere.

I don't really think he was blowing smoke the whole time. I think he was "reporting" what he was hearing. I know he was back anf forth on 3 teams but these kinds of things chamge quickly.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Correct. BUT it could turn into a 1 if he plays 75% of tue snaps on 2021 or plays 70% and we make the playoffs. 

Fair. Firm, but fair. There’s no reason to think it won’t actually wind up being a 1, so the Eagles came out alright, and if we do in fact make it a 1 it should, in theory, be a 1 that is worse than this year’s 1, so... 

But I am doubling down. This is Ballard going all in for Frank. If Frank can’t make this pay off then they both need to ride out of town on the same tractor. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Why are you upset he was right?

He did literally say before noon today and it was done before noon.

He clearly knows somebody somewhere.

I don't really think he was blowing smoke the whole time. I think he was "reporting" what he was hearing. I know he was back anf forth on 3 teams but these kinds of things chamge quickly.

His history of throwing a bunch of stuff out there, and when one of those things comes true, deleting everything else to make it look like he was right all along. Just seems a bit disingenuous to me. No doubt he called the "before noon" part, so he most likely had a source on that (or could've been dumb luck).

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Wow. Can’t believe the Coats didn’t give Eason a chance.

I can imagine Eason will sit and learn behind Wentz and if history tells us anything, Wentz' backup QB usually gets some playing time.

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

That's as much speculation as my opinion. Sirianni has never called plays let alone been a HC. And if our O in Indy is any indication, it's not much like Pederson's at all. Reich's O has never looked like Pederson's either. So sorry, I just don't buy all that. And IMO, Sirianni was the closes thing to Reich as they could get, and they new Wentz wanted Riech.

Regardless, you don't hire a guy with zero play calling or HC history to be the HC unless you're trying to feel a very specific need. And IMO, that need was salvaging the Wentz relationship. 

I guess we agree to disagree, but I think it is more likely that they hired a young coach that didn't want a lot of control (which was reported) that came from the same coaching tree, than that they hired a coach to make one player happy even though that player has never worked with that coach before, and the new head coach was noncommittal to that player during his introductory press conference.

3 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Wow. Can’t believe the Coats didn’t give Eason a chance.

Yeah, kinda hard to believe, especially after Ballard legit said “we don’t even know if he’s ready to be the backup yet”. 

Stare Staring GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Fair. Firm, but fair. There’s no reason to think it won’t actually wind up being a 1, so the Eagles came out alright, and if we do in fact make it a 1 it should, in theory, be a 1 that is worse than this year’s 1, so... 

But I am doubling down. This is Ballard going all in for Frank. If Frank can’t make this pay off then they both need to ride out of town on the same tractor. 

I think there is MUCH more pressure on Frank than there is Ballard. Ballard gave us a nice release valve if things go sideways. Still have Eason in the fold too. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Wow!    This is an UNBELIEVABLE stat!  

This is an 8-year span and not a single QB is still with his original team!   Think how many QB’s have been drafted or traded for and the view was that team is set at QB for the next 10-12 years.  Turns out, NONE of them were.  And there were 22 of them?!?

Shows the incredibly volatile nature of the NFL. 

Edited by NewColtsFan
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Huh. Well, seems like that 2nd turning into a 1st is a pretty safe bet barring injury.

If he isn't playing good they could pull him and keep him under 75 no problem.

If he hits the 75% he will of stayed healthy and is most likely playing good.

Because like I said, if he is playing horrible, you don't let him get to that 75%. 

Someone needs to start a team needs & available free agents topic.  I think we should go all in.  Watt would be a nice signing.  Draft a LT at 21.  Getting baptized by Watt in practice would really help get whoever we picked up to speed quickly. 

• Shive locked and unpinned this topic