Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5


QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

    • Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
      0
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
      0
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
      0
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

    • Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

    • Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to throw stuff out there, my 1st 2 choices are Ryan and Carr because I feel like we are built to win now to keep it simple.

for me to contemplate a trade for Ryan or Carr (& the amount of draft capital it would cost) I'd have to first feel I really struck paydirt in free agency because RIGHT NOW I don't see this roster as being Super Bowl caliber

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m good with rolling with Eason or Trading for Wentz.    Rolling Eason is a win win for the team IMO. You could find your long term answer at the position or end up with a Top 10 pick. I don’t

If this happens at any point today, I'm off his back. I'll delete all my negative posts about him lol.

32 minutes ago, stitches said:

My personal preference is trading up for one of Wilson/Fields/Lance(in that order). I think being cheap at the QB position is a mistake. You go get the best QB you can get... almost regardless of the price. (if Ballard loves any of them). I would personally be willing to give up multiple high value assets to move up for any of those I listed above. 

 

I would do the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, poilucelt said:

for me to contemplate a trade for Ryan or Carr (& the amount of draft capital it would cost) I'd have to first feel I really struck paydirt in free agency because RIGHT NOW I don't see this roster as being Super Bowl caliber

 

Feel the same way in TigerTown 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Z. Wilson would be choice #1, but it's pure fantasy.  It's not realistic.  Honestly, it's not even worth discussing.  Fields, likewise, is not a realistic option.  Of the realistic options, I'm fine with Wentz, Ryan or Darnold.  When you add everything up, I'm probably most intrigued by Darnold.  If Frank or Shanahan gets him, he can be a top 8-12 type QB.  In the end, though, Wentz probably makes the most sense and that's who it will likely be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I would do the same. 

In Madden but this is not Madden

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Z. Wilson would be choice #1, but it's pure fantasy.  It's not realistic.  Honestly, it's not even worth discussing.  Fields, likewise, is not a realistic option.  Of the realistic options, I'm fine with Wentz, Ryan or Darnold.  When you add everything up, I'm probably most intrigued by Darnold.  If Frank or Shanahan get him, he can be a top 8-12 type QB.  In the end, though, Wentz probably makes the most sense and that's who it will probably be.

Bingo

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Could happen, I just think it's highly unlikely that they do, and even more unlikely that Ballard would want to meet the asking price for a 36 year old QB. The savings this year would help IF they could also get a hefty draft capital haul. I just honestly don't see Blank being OK with that type of move and throwing a rook QB to the wolves in year 1. I wouldn't be shocked though, just find it highly unlikely.

I truly don't think the asking price would be that high.

 

He will be 36 come the start of season. I think they would accept even lower compensation if a team was willing to do a post June 1st trade as well.

 

The ability to save $23m this year is a pretty big incentive for them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If CB passed on Love last year I feel he will he will do the same for Wentz Lite

I don't see Love and Lance as similar prospects at all. And their situations are very different, and both unique. I also still think had Love not had to deal with a new coach, new scheme, and 10 new starters on O, he would have went much higher. Lance has all the tools and the ceiling. Only dig I have on him is he's from a small school. I'd take him over Fields though any day.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, that is all I was saying earlier. Moving up to lets say 13 or 14 from 21 isn't a huge jump when you offering your 1st round pick and 2nd round pick to do so + a player like a Doyle or Oke. Will Lance go in the top 10, possibly but he could go around 15th? Nobody knows.

IMO, there's just too many QB needy teams in the top 10. Now that could certainly change given there's a ton of potential trades that could happen pre-draft, but I just think it's a long shot him dropping too much. And I also think a lot of teams will prefer Lance to Fields. If anything, I could see Fields being this years Brady Quinn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, poilucelt said:

for me to contemplate a trade for Ryan or Carr (& the amount of draft capital it would cost) I'd have to first feel I really struck paydirt in free agency because RIGHT NOW I don't see this roster as being Super Bowl caliber

 

I don't know with Rivers at QB we went 11-5 and had Buffalo beat had not been for 2 or 3 crucial mistakes/plays. Rivers was a great QB for his career but at 39 I would say he was at good status last season. Matt Ryan and Carr both would be good at worse IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

I don't see Love and Lance as similar prospects at all. And their situations are very different, and both unique. I also still think had Love not had to deal with a new coach, new scheme, and 10 new starters on O, he would have went much higher. Lance has all the tools and the ceiling. Only dig I have on him is he's from a small school. I'd take him over Fields though any day.

IMO, there's just too many QB needy teams in the top 10. Now that could certainly change given there's a ton of potential trades that could happen pre-draft, but I just think it's a long shot him dropping too much. And I also think a lot of teams will prefer Lance to Fields. If anything, I could see Fields being this years Brady Quinn.

That is why I said about he teammate who transferred to LSU 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honesty, it’s probably 100 percent all made up. I highly doubt any of these guys/gals are doing any different than the ones in this forum. Hell, I’d bet one or two of them are even reading this and generating ideas from it

 

Lol. You're probably right. If one of their many guesses comes true, they can say that they knew it all along. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know with Rivers at QB we went 11-5 and had Buffalo beat had not been for 2 or 3 crucial mistakes/plays. Rivers was a great QB for his career but at 39 I would say he was at good status last season. Matt Ryan and Carr both would be good at worse IMO. 

that 11-5 came with Walker, Rhodes and Castonzo, among others, on the roster. Hence my comment on free agency "paydirt"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poilucelt said:

that 11-5 came with Walker, Rhodes and Castonzo, among others, on the roster. Hence my comment on free agency "paydirt"

The funny thing is we played well without Castonzo at times. We do need to re-sign Rhodes and Houston IMO. We will see how it plays out, we do need a LT that is at least above average don't get me wrong regarding that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not super excited about any of the more affordable options. But I believe Ballard and Co do their due diligence, set their value, and wont "overpay". 

 

I believe whatever we wind up with with be the best option of what we had available to us without hamstringing the organization.  That said, I believe Ballard would sell the farm for the right guy and, given Chris' demonstrated philosophy and prudence, I'd be fine with that to.

 

I wanted Stafford but that sailed, as I don't anticipate a HUGE move this year, I'm fine with Wentz, etc.  I'd even like a post lasik Winston or Fitz (could be fun at least) and rolling with Eason wouldnt upset me in the least either....ultimately it's about trusting who's in charge and giving whoever the choice is a fair shot to compete for the position.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, w87r said:

I truly don't think the asking price would be that high.

 

He will be 36 come the start of season. I think they would accept even lower compensation if a team was willing to do June 1st trade as well.

 

The ability to save $23m this year is a pretty big incentive for them

I agree saving 23M would be a nice chunk, but they have a ton of aging players with big contracts. Half of the 10 highest paid players are 29 or older. and While they would save 23M, they'd still eat 18ish this year, and 27ish next. Just not sure ATL or Blank are ready to go into a full on rebuild. They may be forced to though given their cap situation though. Like I said above though, not sure if Blank wants to throw a rook QB to the wolves year one, and potentially ruin them. They're still going to have to give up a lot of other players even if they deal Ryan. Personally, I'd hate to eat all the dead cap this year and next.

 

I disagree on their asking price. Even at his age, he's still throwing for 4500ish on a pretty bad team. IMO, he's better than Stafford. just a little older. Julio has a bad contract too. And if they get rid of Ryan, they should part with Jones too IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t mean a long pause. Just talking about like a week. Which it seems they have done.

I don't think they've purposefully paused anything. I think teams just aren't offering what they want. I guarantee they want to go as fast as possible. The closer we get to the FA period, the weaker their position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree saving 23M would be a nice chunk, but they have a ton of aging players with big contracts. Half of the 10 highest paid players are 29 or older. and While they would save 23M, they'd still eat 18ish this year, and 27ish next. Just not sure ATL or Blank are ready to go into a full on rebuild. They may be forced to though given their cap situation though. Like I said above though, not sure if Blank wants to throw a rook QB to the wolves year one, and potentially ruin them. They're still going to have to give up a lot of other players even if they deal Ryan. Personally, I'd hate to eat all the dead cap this year and next.

 

I disagree on their asking price. Even at his age, he's still throwing for 4500ish on a pretty bad team. IMO, he's better than Stafford. just a little older. Julio has a bad contract too. And if they get rid of Ryan, they should part with Jones too IMO. 

I have a feeling Blank will push for the Georgia Peach Fields but sit him behind MR

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. Are Sileo and Fosh coordinating fake stuff together or could this be real.

 

 

This "source" exchange sounds like it was written in the 90s.  Maybe Ballard threw in some prepaid phone cards and airline miles......

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't think they've purposefully paused anything. I think teams just aren't offering what they want. I guarantee they want to go as fast as possible. The closer we get to the FA period, the weaker their position. 

Agree

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I find Sileo hillarious. He really does just make stuff depending on what he hears. If that is true we will hear by tomorrow. I don’t believe it though with his history. 

 

I think the eagles needed to slow down some involved Wentz. Taking this extra time allows them to really go over every offer. But they need to decide soon. Maybe this will happen this week. 

"He who hesitates is lost." They wait too long and they lose out on their best oportunities,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sumo63 said:

This "source" exchange sounds like it was written in the 90s.  Maybe Ballard threw in some prepaid phone cards and airline miles......

Bad dialup

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

"He who hesitates is lost." They wait too long and they lose out on their best oportunities,

Yep

yep agree GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

Serious question: what has anyone seen in Trubisky for him to be your #1 option. How is Trubisky better than Darnold? 

Price and wouldn’t cost draft capital and gives Eason a chance to develop 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling Blank will push for the Georgia Peach Fields but sit him behind MR

I don't see Blank pushing for Fields at all. I think he'd go Wilson if available, and if not, jump to Lance.

 

I could also see them sticking with Ryan, and trading out of 4th for the right offer. I think there are some QB hungry teams that would love to move up to 4th. If they could get two 1Rs, it would be a no brainer to me given all the holes they need to fill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Shive pinned this topic
  • Shive locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I don't know about his other seasons but last year was a freak injury. Safety basically speared his knees with awful tacking technique. Majority of WR's would suffer knee damage from this.    
    • Listen to the ball come off Fields’ hand.  And notice the consistent footwork and mechanics.  Young man is just so fundamentally sound.  Really reminds me of Luck in his ability to stay fundamentally sound in a chaotic pocket and just throw a 40-50 yard rope with seemingly minimal effort.  We’ll just have to see if he has the hunger and drive to be the very best.    
    • I've pretty much given up on Campbell. I think he's just got the injury bug..... For some reason he just seems susceptible to injury.
    • I believe we could have moved up to the 3rd pick with a similar deal if we executed it very early in the offseason.  The 49ers & Colts are very similar in the fact we have good defenses and strong running games.  Fields would have thrived on either team.  Here’s a tweet from QB Collective (which is Shanahan’s QB Camp).  It mentions consistency.  It’s funny that when you look at Fields’ 3 years of college ball (even his freshman year where his coach tried to pigeon hole him as a wildcat QB) his numbers never vary more than 3-5%.  66-70% completions. About 9-10 yards per attempt. About a 4-1 TD to interception ratio.  These numbers while not running a screen or swing pass heavy offense (which he can still do if asked).  Tough downfield throws while standing in the pocket.     Here’s the tweet from when Shanahan and his staff had a chance to work with Fields while in high school.  He took their coaching and implemented it and became the most consistent passing QB in this class.  No major swings in his numbers due to softer schedule one year, or sitting for 3-4 years and inheriting the most talented offense in college football history.  Imagine the next leap he’ll take with Shanahan coaching him every day for the next few years & not just a week or so...  I still wish it was the Colts & Frank and not 49ers & Kyle.  
    • Yeah Samuel doesn't seem to have thee profile of what the Colts want in cornerbacks.   Heck, Ballard even had to be talked into signing Kenny Moore because he lacks the desired size and that was off the waiver wire. Moore has long arms though. 
  • Members

    • Hoose

      Hoose 1,166

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Oopty Oop

      The Oopty Oop 51

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Wentzszn

      Wentzszn 10,009

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solid84

      Solid84 19

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Boss7894

      Boss7894 28

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Virtuoso80

      Virtuoso80 225

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 870

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,422

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • yankeeclipper

      yankeeclipper 112

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shadow_Creek

      Shadow_Creek 708

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...