Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5

EastStreet

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

• Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

• Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't think the Eagles want Wentz to look good on any team. If that happens and Hurts underperforms, it will look like they made a bad decision. 

As far as conditional picks, I imagine that is probably in the cards. Maybe the 3rd/or 4th in future, if reports of offer are correct.

I don't think it is much of a conspiracy theory that the Eagles could potentially have some apprehension about reuniting Wentz with Reich. 

As I stated originally though, if compensation is close, I think they send him to Bears.

Teams don't make decisions this way. If a team is so petty that they'd rather take less compensation in the name of reducing the player's chances of being successful, that would be pretty ridiculous.

If compensation is close, then other considerations would come into play. Usually, that means sending the player out of the division/conference, which would favor the Colts in the event of equal offers.

If they've decided to trade Wentz, and they're more concerned with what he might do after he leaves than they were with getting the best compensation for him, then they're foolish. I just don't see that being a legitimate possibility.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Conspiracy theory. Rivers will come out of retirement if colts can’t find a QB. Lol. Just joking he is probably still here to let his kids finish school year.

He's just waiting until the Wince dust clears and then he will arise from the ashes like a Phoenix!!!

One would think that the Wentz trade will go ahead sooner rather than later.

I mean, I don't see the point in Howie Roseman holding out for a better deal. At this stage, he knows the teams that are interested (probably just us and the Bears) and he knows the offers. There isn't enough teams or interest for a bidding war out there in the NFL. His time to make a decision is also finite as he will be paying Wentz I think $10m next month.

I think he has no option now and bite the bullet. Either trade him for the best offer or announce he is not available via trade. Like, I don't see how the current situation is going to change in the coming weeks. Another team isn't just going to magically show up and offer a 1st round pick. Or maybe he thinks Ballard or Pace will make one last attempt to trade for Wentz, seems unlikely now.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

For us to get a QB in the draft it will most likely have to be taken somewhere after ten. Around where Mahomes and Watson went.  No way we can move up into the top five. Unless we trade a player first to get higher. Teams don’t want to drop from 4 to 21. 

Yes, completely unrealistic, unfortunately. 

Even if you would sell your soul to do it, other QB needy teams would have to give up their opportunity to draft the QB for you to do it. 

It's not happening, especially from 21.

38 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Conspiracy theory. Rivers will come out of retirement if colts can’t find a QB. Lol. Just joking he is probably still here to let his kids finish school year.

Since Phil never got to play in front of a full stadium, the Colts should bring him back at halftime in 2021, play some of his Colts highlights and give him a retirement gift or something 

Without reading all 17 pages of this thread, I wonder how the COVID offseason might affect the calculus on trading up for QB that they haven't been able to vet using their normal process?  Giving up multiple 1s to move up and get a first round QB is a huge gamble under the best of circumstances. It just seems like the circumstances this year make it an even more difficult proposition. I completely trust CB and FR and am sure they they will make the right call.

6 minutes ago, Hark said:

Without reading all 17 pages of this thread, I wonder how the COVID offseason might affect the calculus on trading up for QB that they haven't been able to vet using their normal process?  Giving up multiple 1s to move up and get a first round QB is a huge gamble under the best of circumstances. It just seems like the circumstances this year make it an even more difficult proposition. I completely trust CB and FR and am sure they they will make the right call.

True.  Lance didn’t play at all right?  Picking him top 10 is a huge commitment 

21 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

True.  Lance didn’t play at all right?  Picking him top 10 is a huge commitment 

I was reading that he played roughly the same small number of snaps as Dwayne Haskins and Mitch Trubisky in college. I really like Lance but it would be nonetheless an aggressive call for Ballard to trade a lot of draft capital for a QB with such a limited sample size to evaluate. I get the feeling Ballard will not trade into the top 10 for a player like Lance, but I could well be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I was reading that he played roughly the same small number of snaps as Dwayne Haskins and Mitch Trubisky in college. I really like Lance but it would be nonetheless an aggressive call for Ballard to trade a lot of draft capital for a QB with such a limited sample size to evaluate. I get the feeling Ballard will not trade into the top 10 for a player like Lance, but I could well be wrong.

When I saw he opted out I thought the same thing.  His pro day better be stellar

17 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

When I saw he opted out I thought the same thing.  His pro day better be stellar

He didn’t really opt out his team did(They played 1 game)

He should have done what some of  his teammates did and transfer and play

The other thing that worries me about TL is his level of play(opponents)

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

MAJOR TRADE TO ANNOUNCE 

Colts lost out on the top 4 QBs in this draft and are taking the next step to get their QB of the future. I love Mac Jones but have a feeling he could cost too much to move up.

Colts get Derek Carr 

Raiders get 1st 21 and 4th 117

This was a big aggressive move for the Colts but I strongly believe Carr will dominate behind the Colts OL.

Made this trade in Gavin Mock Draft

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. He is getting bad at making stuff up. This would be a horrible deal for the eagles.

Cringe Reaction GIF

That's brutal.

Although seems more along the lines of how I thought a deal would go down.

Eagles having to give up something to get rid of him. Miller is decent and former 2nd round pick, but Dillard is former 1st round pick and more recently. 

Clearly not taking any stock in this but hopefully the Colts offer is lower than the rumors out there also.

Either way, hopefully this settles its self oit in next day or so.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah if that was true the eagles aren’t getting anything plus have to give up a number one pick from 2019. Colts trade if true is better then that.

Yeah could argue Miller and 2nd gets you Dillard and Wentz is a toss in, with that scenario.

Confused Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

Cringe Reaction GIF

That's brutal.

Although seems more along the lines of how I thought a deal would go down.

Eagles having to give up something to get rid of him. Miller is decent and former 2nd round pick, but Dillard is former 1st round pick and more recently. 

Clearly not taking any stock in this but hopefully the Colts offer is lower than the rumors out there also.

Either way, hopefully this settles its self oit in next day or so.

Did you see this guy first put in Allen Robinson in his trade news? A user called him out for it. Check out a few tweets below. He realized the folly and changed it to Anthony Miller. Any guy worth his salt of being in the know with the NFL would know ARob is a free agent, and one of the premier ones in FA.

This guy is fake, folks!!! DO NOT trust this guy.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Did you see this guy first put in Allen Robinson in his trade news? A user called him out for it. Check out a few tweets below. He realized the folly and changed it to Anthony Miller. Any guy worth his salt of being in the know with the NFL would know ARob is a free agent, and one of the premier ones in FA.

Wait What Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Maybe, but he simply fell apart last year. Even when he had good protection and a clean pocket, he just was bad. If it's physical, then that's an even bigger deal.

I tell you what though, I will be glad when this is over. If we get him I'll be stoked if not then I am good to move on to the next option.

I was just thinking about how I have wrote the same argument about wentz and the eagles roughly 15 times since this whole wentz trade rumor started. should of saved them so I could copy and paste them lol

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No one trust this guy 

I will say though there is reports today that Robinson will be tagged and traded.

Philly couldn't afford him though.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Health is a absolutely a concern, but right now I'm more worried about mental health than physical. Both are concerns.

His final play 13 months ago was an illegal hit by Clowney, so he could have a lesion in the right(or left) temporal lobe.

And, he could become a Colt next month, and then have an emotional retirement announcement in September, because 'the NFL is a copycat league'...

1 minute ago, w87r said:

No one trust this guy 

I will say though there is reports today that Robinson will be tagged and traded.

Still don’t understand why people keep clicking his tweets!!! All it’s doing is egging the dingbat on

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I heard that the Bears FO hadn’t talked to him since September 

Haven't talked to him about long term deal since then.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Still don’t understand why people keep clicking his tweets!!! All it’s doing is egging the dingbat on

We are bored looking for some entertainment till real news happens.

I will say he has been getting worse and worse though.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

No one trust this guy 

Word is since Ron Rivera could not sign Amari Cooper as soon as he became HC of Redskins, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN is "guessing" Redskins go after Allen Robinson this free agency.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/2/14/22283253/espns-jeremy-fowler-guesses-the-washington-football-team-could-land-allen-robinson

13 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I tell you what though, I will be glad when this is over. If we get him I'll be stoked if not then I am good to move on to the next option.

I was just thinking about how I have wrote the same argument about wentz and the eagles roughly 15 times since this whole wentz trade rumor started. should of saved them so I could copy and paste them lol

If we pick him up, I'll hope for the best. At the end of the day, I just want a legit franchise QB. Nobody really excites me at this point, so just hoping for the best. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

You can thank the Rams for that.  The trade market for QBs will be high.. Originally Raiders wanted 1 and 3 and I got Carr for 1 and 4.

Oh I know but Carr isn’t that much better than Wentz in my opinion. He had one, maybe two stand out years and he’s been nothing since. I would be okay with Carr for the same offer we allegedly have made for Wentz. 2 twos and a conditional 3rd

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Decent deal.

The haul I got for Watson though....

Happy Ric Flair GIF by WWE

What’d you get again?

11 minutes ago, waterdog said:

His final play 13 months ago was an illegal hit by Clowney, so he could have a lesion in the right(or left) temporal lobe.

And, he could become a Colt next month, and then have an emotional retirement announcement in September, because 'the NFL is a copycat league'...

If he retires, I just hope the backup option is different this year lol

Just now, csmopar said:

Oh I know but Carr isn’t that much better than Wentz in my opinion. He had one, maybe two stand out years and he’s been nothing since. I would be okay with Carr for the same offer we allegedly have made for Wentz. 2 twos and a conditional 3rd

What’d you get again?

2 trades.

Watson

For

Tua

Then shipped out Tua for:

Tua

For

So I got:

And moved up 9 slots in the 4th

For 

Watson