Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5

EastStreet

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

• Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

• Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Why would the bears trade for him if he doesnt want to go there?

They wouldn't, and it's probably a good indication that character assaults aren't without legs. He's obviously not too concerned about the Philly fan base or the club that gave him a lucrative and hardly deserved extension. It's walking and quacking like a duck, I hope CB is leaving him if he isn't stealing him.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Albert Breer is the one that said this on The Herd.  I don’t think he really has any real info. Sounds like it was all opinion when I watched it.

Probably has more information than that Fosh guy does. 

29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would the bears trade for him if he doesnt want to go there?

They wouldn’t, I’m just saying if they got to the point of screw it, we’re doing it anyway.

9 hours ago, rockywoj said:

do most of you think that Trevor Lawrence is like Manning or Luck, a can’t miss prospect?

I think he is close to Luck.  If I am the Jaguars I would not trade down to the 20s, and especially not to a rival.  Whatever picks they get in a trade would be low if we had Trevor.

The only way I would trade Trevor is if I was going to the second or third pick so I could still get a top QB, and it would be expensive. 

14 hours ago, BluesGirl said:

Yes  I have thought about that.      So would the Jets just sit on Darnold if they cant trade him?  

I also think that due to the short yr (covid) that there are a lot of unknowns with this draft and could actually drive the price down on some draft picks.    (all speculation on  my part )

I also truly believe Ballard has his sites set on someone other that a QB with that #21   

This D is REALLY close to being ELITE.    I could see him moving on a DE Rush or CB or WR.   Just thinking outloud 

I'm wrong a lot and not afraid to admit it 

The D is not close to being elite. Rhodes may not be back and Sin really struggles. The D line is getting older with no young guns to replace them. Blackmon struggled in 2nd half of season in pass coverage. 

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The D is not close to being elite. Rhodes may not be back and Sin really struggles. The D line is getting older with no young guns to replace them. Blackmon struggled in 2nd half of season in pass coverage. 

I doubt they will ever be elite playing this scheme.   High end QBs and efficient passing offenses will always eat it up.  

That said, I'm not sure what an elite defense actually looks like in the 20s.  

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sorry, you are wrong if you think this defense is not close to being elite.

They are ranked 11th overall in the league. 

#1 on points against us.

#2 against the run

#5 in takeaways

Those are traits of an elite defense. Saying they are not close is wrong and you know it.

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Agree with most of it. I think he has better anticipation than given credit for but I also think his arm strength is a bit weaker than most think. Other than that I like that report. 

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I saw it. Thanks for posting. I find him more credible than a random Twitter guy.

Like I said it sounded more opinion then anything. Who knows. Bears won’t want someone that won’t want to be there. Breer has said a lot about this but none of it sounded like this is what I am hearing. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I think you have to look at Wilson’s complete body of work and not just this season when evaluating him.  This was basically a showcase season for him against subpar competition. I’m not saying he doesn’t possess great potential but the year before when he played tougher competition he was nowhere near flawless like he was this season.  I think had he played a normal BYU schedule he would be talked about being more on the level of Lance, Trask, & Jones and not Lawrence & Fields.  

Imagine if Lawrence & Fields got to play teams on the levels of Rutgers & Nebraska or Georgia Tech & the Citadel every week?   They’d have destroyed the record books.  Three of those teams would have still been the toughest games BYU would have faced outside of Coastal Carolina.

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Like I said it sounded more opinion then anything. Who knows. Bears won’t want someone that won’t want to be there. Breer has said a lot about this but none of it sounded like this is what I am hearing. 

Okay. I got it. 

27 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think you have to look at Wilson’s complete body of work and not just this season when evaluating him.  This was basically a showcase season for him against subpar competition.

Are you saying he is getting the Trubisky treatment. Both of them seemed to come out of nowhere and everyone began talking about them. Wilson is better though.

I have to ask my QB guru @stitches what he thinks of the comparison. 

Btw, Smoke, you seem to watch college football. I had tagged you in the Gavin Mock Draft thread. There are still a few teams that need GMs. Interested?

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are you saying he is getting the Trubisky treatment. Both of them seemed to come out of nowhere and everyone began talking about them. Wilson is better though.

I have to ask my QB guru @stitches what he thinks of the comparison. 

Btw, Smoke, you seem to watch college football. I had tagged you in the Gavin Mock Draft thread. There are still a few teams that need GMs. Interested?

I think it's fair to raise questions about his previous experience, but to me this is more a Joe Burrow situation than a Trubisky situation. Wilson had experience before, he just never quite put it together because of injuries and ... well... inexperience. I've watched some of his games before and you can see he's talented, but there was very little consistency(I would have never guessed he would be R1 pick though), similar to how Burrow played the year prior to being drafted. Trubisky was a true 1 year wonder.

I still think it's possible to evaluate a player's skill and attributes separate from his teammates and his opposition. I personally like Wilson better than any QB other than Trevor Lawrence in this draft. I don't think there is a huge difference between him and Lance and Fields though. There are things to love about all of them and I would be ecstatic to get any of them on the Colts. 

BTW I have very poor record with evaluating QBs, so... please don't count me as any sort of a guru :D 

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m not a fan of Wentz’ character, but I honestly can’t blame him for resisting Chicago. Cold, mediocre football team at best, angry fan base, full of Cubs fans....not much to like other than maybe the pizza

No one who lives there actually eats the deep dish unless they've got friends coming from out of town.. it's a generational thing too

Chicago is awesome if you're into hanging out at lot's of different bars/clubs. By in large, the rest of what's going on there can be had in the rest of the midwest, you might have to look a little harder though. I'm guessing Wentz is probably not concerned with much beyond who's the coach and some skill guys around either potential team.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Agree with most of it. I think he has better anticipation than given credit for but I also think his arm strength is a bit weaker than most think. Other than that I like that report. 

Yeah, I don't know if he has a great arm. He overstrides to generate power, which will sacrifice time and accuracy on his throws. He can still push the ball down the field, but he's not a power thrower.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, I don't know if he has a great arm. He overstrides to generate power, which will sacrifice time and accuracy on his throws. He can still push the ball down the field, but he's not a power thrower.

Can't wait for your full scouting report on him and the other top QBs. 

Archived