Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5

EastStreet

QB Discussion and Preference Poll - Part 2.5  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Re-sign and roll with JB
    • Trade for Wentz (at most multiple 2nds)
    • FA Fitzmagic
    • FA Winston
    • FA Trubisky
    • FA Prescott (although he will likely be tagged and require draft capital)
    • FA Newton
    • FA Winston
    • FA Glennon
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks or players to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Take Trask in the 2nd
    • Take Newman in the 3rd
    • Give up at least a 1st for Carr
    • Give up our 1st for Darnold
    • Give up our 1st for Tua
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Watson
    • Mortgage the future with 1R picks and/or players to get Wilson
  2. 2. Regardless of the who, what is your preference in terms of general strategy

• Draft a QB without giving up our 1st or 2nd round picks (Mack/Trask/Newman)
    • Move up and draft (Wilson/Fields/Lance)
    • Roll the dice on a FA that will not require draft capital (Fitz/Winston/++ etc)
    • Give Eason a shot and use our draft capital on improving the roster
    • Mortgage the future bigly on a legit star (Watson or Wilson)
    • Use a single first rounder to trade for someone (Darnold/Wentz/Carr/++ etc)
  3. 3. In general, what are you willing to give up for the right QB?

• Multiple 1Rs and/or star players for a rock star
    • Maximum one 1R, or one star player
    • Maximum one 2R, or starter but not rock star player
    • Draft picks after the 2R
    • I don't want to give up draft capital at all. I prefer to draft or sign a FA.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2021 at 12:55 AM

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

At this point i don't care if its Ryan, Wentz, Darnold or someone else.  I just want to know.  I really hope this thread doesn't go 120 pages before we find out.

I highly doubt Wilson is on the table, even if teams are calling.  He just won WP man of the year.  He's too important to the team and the community to be let go.  Fans would riot. 

Really?  I'd rather it go to 500+ pages before getting the wrong QB 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

I agree, but on a side note on this.  There may be more than on person @danlhart87 

(I love giving you % about this. Hope you have thicker skin and wont let a girl get under it  LOL)that loves Jones more than most people. And take him instead.  More talent? NO. But look at Trubisky being taken over Mahomes.    Jones did very well at shrine bowl or maybe senior bowl I don't remember which.    Jones has talent but a limited ceiling IMO 

I do not see more than 5 total QB's taken in the 1st rd of the draft.  I  am actually leaning closer to 4 but I'm probably wrong on that.

Some may see Fields a the next Mahomes. @Smoke317  ( Hope I got the right Smoke,   man there are a lot of Smoke users LOL).   

I see it as Lawrence then Wilson then Fields   (My choices)     Lantz could go anywhere from top 15 to 3rd round.  Mack could go anywhere from top 10 to 3rd round.   

JMO.    

It's already been said before but I'll say it again. The Jets decision with Darnold could eventually alter what happens in the draft.

Its impossible to predict what teams trade up. Heck last year it didn't happen til pick 13.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It's already been said before but I'll say it again. The Jets decision with Darnold could eventually alter what happens in the draft.

Its impossible to predict what teams trade up. Heck last year it didn't happen til pick 13.

I guarantee  the Jets have made up their mind bout Darnold. He sucks...they know it and so do I. I want no part of him. They will go Wilson with 2nd pick

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Agree.   I also think that the Colts are working Atl for that #4 pick and not Ryan.       If that happens who would you target at 4?  Or who do you think the Colts are targeting at 4?

And how big of an explosion on this site when the fans see what Ballard had to give up t get there?    

Only speculation and magic 8 ball being used for these questions  LOL

3 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Agree.   I also think that the Colts are working Atl for that #4 pick and not Ryan.       If that happens who would you target at 4?  Or who do you think the Colts are targeting at 4?

And how big of an explosion on this site when the fans see what Ballard had to give up t get there?    

I would be SHOCKED. The Bears would probably offer just as much, as well as SF, if ATL was willing to give up NO. 4. I would have rather gotten Stafford or get Carr(1st and 2 seconds is my estimation for him) if we are going to give up that much.

I would think it would take 3 No. 1's and 2 seconds or something of that nature. No way Ballard does that knowing that he will have too many people to retain at high prices to sacrifice those cheaper rookie contracts. 

19 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Thank you!    I may be young and outnumber gender wise, but come from a long line of football family and friends     I'm still learning, but I have some football knowledge from a lot of really smart football people and being a STH for many many years  in the past.     

Great. If interested, you may enjoy participating in the annual mock draft here. I mentioned you in the thread a minute or two ago. Just 5 teams left that need a GM. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Great. If interested, you may enjoy participating in the annual mock draft here. I mentioned you in the thread a minute or two ago. Just 5 teams left that need a GM. 

I responded.  And appreciate the invite.   But this guitar ain't gonna play itself. LOL.    I get very little stretches of down time. When I do I'll be here though.  Thank for thinking of me 

14 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

I don't think there is much chance ATL trades the 4th pick.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I don't think there is much chance ATL trades the 4th pick.

Probably right.  But I do think that is what the call to them was about.   I maybe (probably) wrong though.  But Ryan can still play and has a couple yrs (I think) under contract and they could look for draft picks to make one last run at this before the real rebuild starts.

Gaining 1st 2nd 3rd  round picks this year can set  them up u for a trade up next yr.

I'm probably wrong like Vosh. or whatever his name is.  LOL

39 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Honestly, I'm so tired of typing in 'colts" on google 20 times a day to see if any new news or tweets pop up regarding Wentz. It's getting tiring. Just trade him already

There in lies the problem

You will find out here probably just as quick as google.

I prefer to get info here. I will avoid news outlets during and check the forum first.

Ready for @Chloe6124 to drop that tweet. Unless she is napping,  @MarquisJ has been swooping in when with the info lately.

Probably right.  But I do think that is what the call to them was about.   I maybe (probably) wrong though.  But Ryan can still play and has a couple yrs (I think) under contract and they could look for draft picks to make one last run at this before the real rebuild starts.

Gaining 1st 2nd 3rd  round picks this year can set  them up u for a trade up next yr.

I'm probably wrong like Vosh. or whatever his name is.  LOL

There problem though is they are in a really bad place cap wise. So will be tough to compete this coming year.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

There in lies the problem

You will find out here probably just as quick as google.

I prefer to get info here. I will avoid news outlets during and check the forum first.

Ready for @Chloe6124 to drop that tweet. Unless she is napping,  @MarquisJ has been swooping in when with the info lately.

I follow and get notifications from the Right People

Kate Mckinnon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

This just in!!!! Breaking news!!! The Indianapolis colts and Philadelphia eagles have not reached an agreement!!!! Nothing has happened!!!!!

If you would come off your high compensation demands HR, we could get some resolution.

28 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

Only speculation and magic 8 ball being used for these questions  

Do u realize how much it would cost to move up to #4?  I think  the Colts would target Wilson and I predict the Jets to take him at #2. I just dont think the Colts r in any position to trade up. Cost way to much and no way Atlanta is dropping to #21

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u realize how much it would cost to move up to #4?  I think  the Colts would target Wilson and I predict the Jets to take him at #2. I just dont think the Colts r in any position to trade up. Cost way to much and no way Atlanta is dropping to #21

Yes  I have thought about that.      So would the Jets just sit on Darnold if they cant trade him?  

I also think that due to the short yr (covid) that there are a lot of unknowns with this draft and could actually drive the price down on some draft picks.    (all speculation on  my part )

I also truly believe Ballard has his sites set on someone other that a QB with that #21   

This D is REALLY close to being ELITE.    I could see him moving on a DE Rush or CB or WR.   Just thinking outloud 

I'm wrong a lot and not afraid to admit it 

Yes  I have thought about that.      So would the Jets just sit on Darnold if they cant trade him?  

I also think that due to the short yr (covid) that there are a lot of unknowns with this draft and could actually drive the price down on some draft picks.    (all speculation on  my part )

I also truly believe Ballard has his sites set on someone other that a QB with that #21   

This D is REALLY close to being ELITE.    I could see him moving on a DE Rush or CB or WR.   Just thinking outloud 

I would love Greg Rousseau at 21

Good post.  I think your last sentence is powerful and wanted to publicly say I appreciate it.  Truth is, we’re ALL wrong a lot....   admitting it is another matter....

Food for thought about Ballard having his eye on one person now.... 

Ballard has said every year that he and his team go over ever player in the draft three different times.  Once in February after the all-star games.   Once in March after the combine.  Once in April after the pro days.   The final big board is set after that.   So I think the idea that Ballard has his eye on one guy on Feb 15 is pretty close to zero.   He may love a number of guys, but only one I think is extremely unlikely. 

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a bad pick I might pick one of the OTs or trade back to get an OT

@BluesGirl

@danlhart87 and @PrincetonTiger  I dont know how to quote both of these posts.    

I don't know a lot about college players.   So I am not gonna be a good springboard on draft picks other than seeing a players name and doing some research.    

I have no idea who this player is.

I will say that I liked dan's idea with trading for the Saints CB. Lattimore????   

So I can't comment on that idea.   I do think Ballard could trade back.  H's dont it many times before with great success  IMO

12 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good post.  I think your last sentence is powerful and wanted to publicly say I appreciate it.  Truth is, we’re ALL wrong a lot....   admitting it is another matter....

Yep, admitting when you're(not you, anyone) wrong is one of the best ways to earn respect in my book.

Coming back and claiming you were right about something, not so much. In fact ia frowned upon to me.

I try to never be the "I told you so" type. I'm sure it still happens from time to time, but usually try and make a concerted effort to not do it.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yep, admitting when you're(not you, anyone) wrong is one of the best ways to earn respect in my book.

Coming back and claiming you were right about something, not so much. In fact ia frowned upon to me.

I try to never be the "I told you so" type. I'm sure it still happens from time to time, but usually try and make a concerted effort to not do it.

Usually just a lucky guess 

2 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

@danlhart87 and @PrincetonTiger  I dont know how to quote both of these posts.    

I don't know a lot about college players.   So I am not gonna be a good springboard on draft picks other than seeing a players name and doing some research.    

I have no idea who this player is.

I will say that I liked dan's idea with trading for the Saints CB. Lattimore????   

So I can't comment on that idea.   I do think Ballard could trade back.  H's dont it many times before with great success  IMO

Rousseau is a DE and the several good OTs but the better ones will probably be gone by the Colts 2nd Rounder

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

I’m sorry I can’t give this post a THOUSAND likes!   Cant give it enough love!    It speaks for me as well, and I’m also guilty of it from time to time.     :thmup:

:colts:

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Rousseau is a DE and the several good OTs but the better ones will probably be gone by the Colts 2nd Rounder

So do you think DE (Rush).  is more important right now?     I do.     I'ma BPA chic but would always lean toward the trenches.  LT and DE are really hard to come by

Do you take a LT due to need or if the BPA is a DE do you take him?

I'm thinking one is going to be addressed in FA.   Don't ask me who LOL

So do you think DE (Rush).  is more important right now?     I do.     I'ma BPA chic but would always lean toward the trenches.  LT and DE are really hard to come by

Do you take a LT due to need or if the BPA is a DE do you take him?

I'm thinking one is going to be addressed in FA.   Don't ask me who LOL

If I had my way I would go OL early and often but that is me

An OL from TigerTown 

back off dynasties GIF by BBC America

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Wow.  Gonna have to watch this again without having some beers.    I couldn't find him on the videos before the play started.  BIG TIME impressed coming from the 0 or 1 spot and still making plays.  

Where is he projected to go?

11 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

I dont know how to quote both of these posts.    

Do you see a plus sign (+) at the bottom left of each comment? If you are quoting multiple comments, you can use that plus (+) sign to do so. You can also simply press  "quote" on each comment you wish to quote.  

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If I had my way I would go OL early and often but that is me

An OL from TigerTown 

back off dynasties GIF by BBC America

You think that maybe with soooo much being invested in the Oline that maybe its time for a DE rush to go along with Buckner who IMO playing 3tech is the most important position on this defense 

Archived