Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More AFC South debacles?

w87r

We all know the situation going on in Houston and the complete mess that is going on down there.

Now it seems as if Urban Meyer could of already made a big mistake and he is having to answer questions about it. How long before he tucks his tail and leaves again?

Jaguars have been condemned for the hiring of Chris Doyle by the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

Not only has the hiring been condemned but Urban Meyer has even lied about the working relationship between the two.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/12/urban-meyer-chris-doyle-never-previously-worked-together/

Certainly glad we have a solid Front Office and are a Franchise that is and has been ran very well throughout the years.

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

We all know the situation going on in Houston and the complete mess that is going on down there.

Now it seems as if Urban Meyer could of already made a big mistake and he is having to answer questions about it. How long before he tucks his tail and leaves again?

Jaguars have been condemned for the hiring of Chris Doyle by the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

Not only has the hiring been condemned but Urban Meyer has even lied about the working relationship between the two.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/12/urban-meyer-chris-doyle-never-previously-worked-together/

Certainly glad we have a solid Front Office and are a Franchise that is and has been ran very well throughout the years.

Urban really screwed this on every imaginable level.    He said he did a thorough vetting.  That leaves him less wiggle room when more bad comes out about Doyle.   And more WILL come out. 

There’s lots of bad info about Doyle out there. And not just about race.  But that he also berates and bullies players.   That might’ve worked in college once upon a time.  But try that in the NFL and grown men will put that guy thru a wall in a hurry.  

This should be handled quickly and quietly.  Make it go away fast.   It will be interesting to see what and how Meyer handles this?

He’s not in Columbus Ohio anymore. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Urban really screwed this on every imaginable level.    He said he did a thorough vetting.  That leaves him less wiggle room when more bad comes out about Doyle.   And more WILL come out. 

There’s lots of bad info about Doyle out there. And not just about race.  But that he also berates and bullies players.   That might’ve worked in college once upon a time.  But try that in the NFL and grown men will put that guy thru a wall in a hurry.  

This should be handled quickly and quietly.  Make it go away fast.   It will be interesting to see what and how Meyer handles this?

He’s not in Columbus Ohio anymore. 

Yeah, that will not fly in an NFL locker room.

I just don't see why Meyer felt the need to loe about their working relationship.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@w87r

just learned the Doyle quit

I saw the FPA had taken objection to his hire earlier today, but I still hadn’t taken the time to read into it yet. I had no choice when I got the notification he’d resigned, at the rate this story is moving I didn’t want to get too far behind. haha

TEXANS

'Thank you Houston. I love you' | JJ Watt asks Houston Texans to release him and they agreed

In an emotional message to the people of Houston, J.J. Watt said he is leaving the city he's grown to love because it's time to move on.

Something went wrong.

Volume 90%

Author: Michelle Homer

Published: 9:02 AM CST February 12, 2021

Updated: 6:32 PM CST February 12, 2021

HOUSTON — It's the heartbreaking news Houston fans hoped to never hear: J.J. Watt is leaving the Texans.

Watt announced via Twitter that he asked the McNair family for his release and they "mutually agreed to part ways."

The departure of the future hall of famer is the latest knife in the heart of Texans fans watching in horror as the team slowly implodes.  

10 hours ago, w87r said:

Maybe they could use GRIGSON to complete there mess:applause:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/13/jaguars-re-issue-statement-on-chris-doyle-adding-trent-baalkes-name/

The Jaguars re-issued the statement on Saturday morning. The Jaguars re-issued the statement because, as explained in the email re-issuing the statement, the first version “inadvertently” omitted the game of Jaguars G.M. Trent Baalke.

So the exact same statement has been issued again this morning, with this title: “Statement from Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer and General Manager Trent Baalke.”

Why bother with that at this point? The email re-introduced an embarrassing subject in the light of day, and it creates the impression (frankly) that Meyer was bothered by the perception that he alone was taking the heat for hiring Doyle.

I mean yeah Urban, if you vouch for him and your 20yr relationship, you should take the blame.

I give Meyer 3 yrs tops, he is out of there.

They are a mess....

Poor Trevor Lawrence.

Houston is the worst sports town in America. I felt sorry for the old Tampa Bay fans when they were new and hideous but the Texans have never had a consistent goal. plan or whatever you want to call it and the fans here deserve much better. I am glad they are in he AFC South because they give other other three teams two by weeks.

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

Houston is the worst sports town in America. I felt sorry for the old Tampa Bay fans when they were new and hideous but the Texans have never had a consistent goal. plan or whatever you want to call it and the fans here deserve much better. I am glad they are in he AFC South because they give other other three teams two by weeks.

It seems like every year there are one or more bottom feeder teams in the South.  I don't know if that is common around the league, but the Colts did get lucky when they aligned this division with expansion teams

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

It seems like every year there are one or more bottom feeder teams in the South.  I don't know if that is common around the league, but the Colts did get lucky when they aligned this division with expansion teams

I agree to an extent.

I guess it depends what teams could of been different with potential realignment.

I would think the Colts should of been in AFC N, with the Division being Colts, Bengals, Browns, then either Steelers/ or Titans. 

The Colts have pretty far travels for their away games, not that it is a big difference, but still a factor.

Think I would of preferred the North option I listed over the current South we are in now.

I think in general the AFC S has been far from worst division and all teams have been in contention within last 5 years. Even Jags made AFC Championship game.

We are lucky that 2 of the teams have major off field issues going on though. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Personally, if I'm Lawrence, I don't know if I'd want to go to Jacksonville. He should be doing just as much research on the Jags as they are of him. 

No state tax, good weather, close to many other good places (Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando, Miami)...

Can't see him not wanting to go there.

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Personally, if I'm Lawrence, I don't know if I'd want to go to Jacksonville. He should be doing just as much research on the Jags as they are of him. 

They could be decent if a few things go their way.  I know they have had problems building good relationships between the players and the team, but a great QB might go a longs ways towards fixing that.

I am not an expert on Trevor but I think he will give them a chance, the fact that he is from Georgia might help a little too.  Jacksonville is pretty close to home

On 2/13/2021 at 2:04 AM, King Colt said:

TEXANS

'Thank you Houston. I love you' | JJ Watt asks Houston Texans to release him and they agreed

In an emotional message to the people of Houston, J.J. Watt said he is leaving the city he's grown to love because it's time to move on.

Something went wrong.

Volume 90%

HOUSTON — It's the heartbreaking news Houston fans hoped to never hear: J.J. Watt is leaving the Texans.

Watt announced via Twitter that he asked the McNair family for his release and they "mutually agreed to part ways."

The departure of the future hall of famer is the latest knife in the heart of Texans fans watching in horror as the team slowly implodes.  

Watt asked to leave and they granted his release. Not really that controversial. He was due big money and everyone knew Texans would release him. He's 32 and at the end of his career. Colts did it to Manning. It happens.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:04 AM, King Colt said:

TEXANS

Something went wrong.

Volume 90%

Watt's best years are behind him, well behind him. And Texans aren't expected to win in 2021 and JJ wants to finish career with a shot at a super bowl. So their parting ways is good for both parties and they obliged his request. 

Archived