Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From a 13 year playoff drought to super bowl champions

CR91

9 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Happy for Tampa.  Did not want the Chiefs winning again.

Lol I heard that alot. But let's all jump for joy for some dude winning 7 times :lol:

I just thought about this.. not football related but lebron.. has missed 4 finals since 2007.. wow and basketball is definitely a superstar driven league.. these dudes are owning the 2000-2020's... And people hated the Yankees of the 90's?

45 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol I heard that alot. But let's all jump for joy for some dude winning 7 times :lol:

I just thought about this.. not football related but lebron.. has missed 4 finals since 2007.. wow and basketball is definitely a superstar driven league.. these dudes are owning the 2000-2020's... And people hated the Yankees of the 90's?

But Lebron & Yankees won on talent as far as we know. And so did KC last year...... but we all know we can't say the same about the cheater and his tainted illegitimate trophies. 

If you haven't already check out what Dwight Smith, former Buc & SB champ said a few days ago. 

It's in NFL thread.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I was happy for Tampa. They have been mired in losing forever.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:12 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But Lebron & Yankees won on talent as far as we know. And so did KC last year...... but we all know we can't say the same about the cheater and his tainted illegitimate trophies. 

If you haven't already check out what Dwight Smith, former Buc & SB champ said a few days ago. 

It's in NFL thread.

So bitter, and so obviously slanted... despite facts. 

I actually feel legitimately so very sorry for you living this way. Seriously. It's just a sport. At this point, you just look ridiculously silly for spewing this type of garbage. 

4 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I actually feel legitimately so very sorry for you living this way. Seriously. It's just a sport. At this point, you just look ridiculously silly for spewing this type of garbage. 

Speaking of garbage, are you going to complain and then disappear when you don’t receive a “warm welcome” for your pro-Pats rhetoric in a Colts forum?

Like last time?

:lol:

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

I'm sad for you that your so blind or naive or lack common sense or probably so biased of what's been in front of you for 2 decades. Really am.

I think a lot of Patriots fans were just Brady fans and are probably Bucs fans now. I loved Peyton Manning but was a fan of the Colts way before Peyton arrived. When Peyton went to Denver I was glad he got his 2nd Ring because that boosted his legacy but when Denver played us in the Divisional Round in 2014 I rooted for us to win just being a diehard Colts fan. I was so happy we beat Denver in the 2014 playoffs in spite of them having Peyton. That was Luck's greatest win of his career.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think a lot of Patriots fans were just Brady fans and are probably Bucs fans now. I loved Peyton Manning but was a fan of the Colts way before Peyton arrived. When Peyton went to Denver I was glad he got his 2nd Ring because that boosted his legacy but when Denver played us in the Divisional Round in 2014 I rooted for us to win just being a diehard Colts fan. I was so happy we beat Denver in the 2014 playoffs in spite of them having Peyton. That was Luck's greatest win of his career.

lol same. I was cheering so hard for us to sack Peyton, then when Mathis picked up the strip sack. I was going crazy.. then felt immediate guilt :lol:

But we'll see what happenes next year when Brady travels to New England. What do you think will happen? Brady absolutely crushes them or Bill puts together a defensive plan to slow him down?

Patriots fans are acting as if they won the superbowl it is pretty ridiculous, i wont say i wasnt happy when Peyton won with the Broncos but i wasnt celebrating. I was kind of upset he did it with another team. Thats why they are the most insufferable fans in north america. Cant wait for Bill to retire and that franchise to suck for 20 years (hopefully haha)

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Patriots fans are acting as if they won the superbowl it is pretty ridiculous, i wont say i wasnt happy when Peyton won with the Broncos but i wasnt celebrating. I was kind of upset he did it with another team. Thats why they are the most insufferable fans in north america. Cant wait for Bill to retire and that franchise to suck for 20 years (hopefully haha)

Brady played there for 20 years and won 6 chips. I am sure they must be thrilled. Not only because he won but because he stopped Mahomes from repeating. I don't blame them as their team is going to be terrible for quite some time. LOL.

22 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Speaking of garbage, are you going to complain and then disappear when you don’t receive a “warm welcome” for your pro-Pats rhetoric in a Colts forum?

Like last time?

:lol:

I had every intention of stopping in with an olive branch. Sorry if you think I'm off-base. Didn't intend to come here to pick an online fight. I'm too old and tired now to argue with strangers online. :thmup:

I don't expect a "warm welcome." But I started posting on this board in 2003 and I like a lot of posters, and their knowledge, very much. But, for some reason, there are people who get enjoyment or satisfaction from trying to devalue the achievements of athletes who don't play for their favorite teams. I don't get it, but that's OK. It's just ironic since I've been told repeatedly what a total scumbag I am just for being from NE, lol... 

Anyway, I chimed in on another thread, and will repeat some of it here. I'm still a Patriots fan, but of course I was pulling for Brady in the SB, just like most Colts fans pulled for Manning when he was a Bronco. I can't root against a guy who brought two decades of happiness to our fan base. I wish the Colts good luck... and I'm pretty sure the Patriots won't be a threat in the AFC for at least a couple more years. We had our time, and it's over, and I'm fine with that. 

Wishing you the best, Lucky. 

41 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I had every intention of stopping in with an olive branch. Sorry if you think I'm off-base. Didn't intend to come here to pick an online fight. I'm too old and tired now to argue with strangers online. :thmup:

I don't expect a "warm welcome." But I started posting on this board in 2003 and I like a lot of posters, and their knowledge, very much. But, for some reason, there are people who get enjoyment or satisfaction from trying to devalue the achievements of athletes who don't play for their favorite teams. I don't get it, but that's OK. It's just ironic since I've been told repeatedly what a total scumbag I am just for being from NE, lol... 

Anyway, I chimed in on another thread, and will repeat some of it here. I'm still a Patriots fan, but of course I was pulling for Brady in the SB, just like most Colts fans pulled for Manning when he was a Bronco. I can't root against a guy who brought two decades of happiness to our fan base. I wish the Colts good luck... and I'm pretty sure the Patriots won't be a threat in the AFC for at least a couple more years. We had our time, and it's over, and I'm fine with that. 

Wishing you the best, Lucky. 

I appreciate it.

Sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way. I usually disagree with @LJpalmbeacher2, but when I saw a Pats fan giving him grief, the tribalism kicked in. haha

And for what it’s worth, you’re the “least insufferable” Pats fan I’ve encountered in this forum. :hat:

They had been building a good team for a while. Last season the defense was very strong, but Winston kept messing up the field position with turnovers. They needed a spark, and got hot right at the perfect time in the playoffs. They seriously reminded me of the 2007 Giants in a way. 

14 hours ago, RollerColt said:

They had been building a good team for a while. Last season the defense was very strong, but Winston kept messing up the field position with turnovers. They needed a spark, and got hot right at the perfect time in the playoffs. They seriously reminded me of the 2007 Giants in a way. 

It kind of reminded me of a 4th qtr. and OT game Peyton had vs the Chiefs as a new Bronco. Gary Kubiak had just been installed as the Denver head coach. There were lots of things even veteran players were learning in that new offense which was sub-par that year but carried by that heck of a D. So, when they had a deficit and had to come back, Peyton went back to what he knew - his no huddle offense they had run the previous year and it worked. They tied it, took it to OT and won the game. Kubiak just let Peyton do his thing.

Same thing happened here with Arians and Brady. Once the bye week came along, Arians left the reins to Brady and ran more of the plays he knew would work based on his experience, and more plays were called based on that and thus came about their end of season plus playoff run.

Archived