Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: What number will Wentz wear? (merge)

chrisbeldridge

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And if Colts beef up receiving & tight end core not look at Pittman's way. haha

It's kind of weird that Wentz texted Pittman 2 hours after trade and asked him about the number. It shows that he actually cares about that number enough to make a request for it in one of his first contacts with his new teammates, which is kinda cringey IMO. I have no idea why players get so attached to a number. Unless it's a developed trade mark of some sort by which you would be losing money, I cannot think of a good reason to care about what number you are wearing. 

Oh well... hope Wentz doesn't freeze Pittman out :D 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And if Colts beef up receiving & tight end core not look at Pittman's way. haha

Or how about Wentz take number 7 and he and Pittman go with the 7/11 "Always Open" catch phrase.  The fact that he reached out was a clear sign that he wanted the number.  It's good that he's not gonna get any and everything he wants here.  He needs to be focused on earning everything he gets in Indy.  New team.  New number.  New beginning for Wentz.  Full steam ahead.  

1 hour ago, stitches said:

It's kind of weird that Wentz texted Pittman 2 hours after trade and asked him about the number. It shows that he actually cares about that number enough to make a request for it in one of his first contacts with his new teammates, which is kinda cringey IMO. I have no idea why players get so attached to a number. Unless it's a developed trade mark of some sort by which you would be losing money, I cannot think of a good reason to care about what number you are wearing. 

Oh well... hope Wentz doesn't freeze Pittman out :D 

You are not superstitious at all?  I totally get why Pittman wants to keep his number.

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

8    it is a Lucky number .... previous HOF QB:   Troy Aikman, Steve Young

Nothing more prolific than 12 - Brady, Rodgers, Luck; a list that also includes Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, Jim Kelly, Bob Griese, and Joe Namath. Enough said.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Nothing more prolific than 12 - Brady, Rodgers, Luck; a list that also includes Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, Jim Kelly, Bob Griese, and Joe Namath. Enough said.

I don’t think Rodgers is as good as Bradshaw, Staubach or Brady. Our guy just can’t win in clutch situations.

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I don’t think Rodgers is as good as Bradshaw, Staubach or Brady. Our guy just can’t win in clutch situations.

Still the list of QBs that wore that number, is a prolific list, more than any other number for QBs in NFL history, IMO. :) 

Your defense was super tough. You shut us down.

We go in ebbs and flows. Most AFC playoff teams we played in the regular season, we lost to them when it mattered, early in the season vs Browns, middle of season vs Ravens and later in season vs Steelers, plus the Titans too. 

I really hope Wentz does awesome for you guys buddy. Great acquisition. Love you guys buddy 

Better to play the sweepstakes than not to play at all. :) 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We go in ebbs and flows. Most AFC playoff teams we played in the regular season, we lost to them when it mattered, early in the season vs Browns, middle of season vs Ravens and later in season vs Steelers, plus the Titans too. 

Better to play the sweepstakes than not to play at all. :) 

Pittsburgh collapsed totally. They lost to Washington starting off 11-0 and never recovered.  The Titans were a solid team but it seemed when we beat them it took the wings out of their sails. 

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Bad blood starting already

Yeah I agree, not a very good start.

Not sure how their conversation went, I know how Pittman said it went, but I can't imagine that is a good start for a guy that has been reported to have some issues with teammates.

Just give him #11 Pittman, you would think a WR would want his QB to be happy. Start the relationship off on the right foot. This was definitely left footed move.

Actually makes me question Pittman a little bit.

Most guys just willingly offer it, don't even make them ask. Still receive a little monetary fee for the act, but offer it up.

He has no real attachment to the number outside of playing this one season with it, in which wasn't even the original number he started with.

Hopefully this is something they can move past quickly.

Just seem like a real questionable move to me. Hopefully Carson is really good with it.

28 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not sure how their conversation went, I know how Pittman said it went, but I can't imagine that is a good start for a guy that has been reported to have some issues with teammates.

Just give him #11 Pittman, you would think a WR would want his QB to be happy. Start the relationship off on the right foot. This was definitely left footed move.

Most guys just willingly offer it, don't even make them ask. Still receive a little monetary fee for the act, but offer it up.

He has no real attachment to the number outside of playing this one season with it, in which wasn't even the original number he started with.

Just seem like a real questionable move to me. Hopefully Carson is really good with it.

Wentz should give Pitt a 100k for the number 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Not for us. But for Wentz, we don't know how much it means to him since he wore #11 in North Dakota State and with the Eagles. It is hard to gauge that.

They are reportedly hooking up to start throwing.    It doesn't sound like he is too worried about it

1 hour ago, w87r said:

More of an unnecessarily stubborn move than questionable to me. If the QB is cool with it, so be it. New beginnings for everyone. Michael Pittman did wear #6 at USC, so there is that.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

More of an unnecessarily stubborn move than questionable to me. If the QB is cool with it, so be it. New beginnings for everyone. Michael Pittman did wear #6 at USC, so there is that.

I used questionable over the actual word I wanted to use because that word isn't allowed.

Unnecessarily stubborn is probably better for sure.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think he should be #2.

Where he was drafted overall and a small little shot towards Hurts(he is #2 also)

So, when we win the division, will they play the song "Hurts so good, come on baby let it hurt so good..."? :) 

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Wentz should take 6 to take revenge on Pittman for stealing his number. "You got my number, well look what I've got" :D 

Boss move. Come in there with some swagger. I mean this generation gets worked up over little stuff like that now but they brought this guy in to lead this football team. 

Then when someone asks him about it he can just say, "Well that's how many points we score when I throw a touchdown pass."

715da097b1d594241efeebd82c2b5cc0.gif

Then again, you hope it doesn't lead to another butt fumble...

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Watch the video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULCVOV5DxKg

There's no evidence that there's any bad blood. Here's what Pittman said:

We were talking about offseason training, and him getting out to SoCal. He's just a super chill guy, and I can't wait to get with him and start throwing and stuff.

I spoke to him, and he was just seeing how locked in I was to #11. And I told him that I was locked in. He was like, that's cool bro, because I'm probably gonna switch anyway. So it went really well, and he's just a cool guy. He didn't try to press me or anything like that. He asked me very respectfully, and I just appreciate him for that, and I think that he's a great dude because lots of guys with his status, they would come in and demand... so I just think he's a really great dude, and I get to keep #11, so it's a win for me.

Archived