Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: What number will Wentz wear? (merge)


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, tvturner said:

He'd crumble under the pressure of that number

He might struggle wearing 18, anyone would.
 

But 12?   I don’t think anyone would struggle with that and I’m the Luck Guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or how about Wentz take number 7 and he and Pittman go with the 7/11 "Always Open" catch phrase.  The fact that he reached out was a clear sign that he wanted the number.  It's good that he's not gonn

Breaking news.   Wentz texted Blue inquiring about the number 00.   Blue only sent this in response.   Not sure if this is yes or no however   

Appears the answer is 2.      Super stoked to see he seems to have gotten the very first one. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He might struggle wearing 18, anyone would.
 

But 12?   I don’t think anyone would struggle with that and I’m the Luck Guy. 

He couldn’t come in wearing #12 playing like he played this past season.  People can be mad at Luck all they want but more often than not that dude balled out at a high level.  As a guy who has questioned Wentz’ mental toughness, I see no way he’d want to invite those comparisons by adding more pressure wearing that number. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ballard already confirmed he is talking to the eagles about wentz only the colts and bears are interested and colts are the ones with the cap space .   we get a young QB who put up 3 years of good numbers and had one bad year .  eagles had a horrible line weapons and ran a bad offense . under reich wentz will go over 30 touchdowns and keep the picks low and colts will be a 12 or more win team again every year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

ballard already confirmed he is talking to the eagles about wentz only the colts and bears are interested and colts are the ones with the cap space .   we get a young QB who put up 3 years of good numbers and had one bad year .  eagles had a horrible line weapons and ran a bad offense . under reich wentz will go over 30 touchdowns and keep the picks low and colts will be a 12 or more win team again every year. 

Where did Ballard say that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rayski said:

 

If there's truth to that, we're out. Ballard doesn't do bidding wars and if the price is already driven up, there's no way Ballard tries to top the Bears' offer.

 

Time for:  

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15932908

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That tweet was yesterday around 2PM.  Starting to approach 24 hrs ago.  Not done yet apparently. 

I'm not expecting an announcement until next week whoever it is

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm not expecting an announcement until next week whoever it is

I think it will leak by then if a deal is reached.  It won't take long as the inner circle expands.  For the media it's a race to break the story.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Ballard won't get fired anytime soon 

When did I say he would be fired lol. I'm just saying his weak spot will be QB decisions. His downside would be better wording. Paying JB that much money was a mistake. Signing Carson would make his QB decisions very suspect. Trust me I love Ballard I honestly dont think Wentz is in our cards.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Pittman wore 6 at USC. It's just silly that the NCAA and the NFL can't have the same rules around numbering. 

 

If Wentz wants 11, he needs to make a financially lucrative offer to Pittman lol... enough to make Pittman move to 10, 15, 18, 19, 82, 83, 87, 88, or 89.... As an X, I like Pittman with 88.

15 is campbell.

and 88 is retired. 18 also?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, presto123 said:

I say get Fitzpatrick and use him as a stop gap until we can draft or develop our future QB. Fitz over Brissett any day of the week.

 

We're gonna be stop gapping forever. If we are gonna go with a stop gap, might as well keep Brissett or Eason. 

If Ballard is seriously trying to get Wentz then maybe there's a little fire under him. Just a tiny flame thought. Irsay could also be pushing this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

A signing of Wentz would make me lose faith in Ballard.

 

Wentz is no good and wont make us any better.

 

if yu were the gm you wouldn't understand the difference between signing & trading. 

 

yu wouldn't make us any better

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 10:57 AM, TimetobringDfence! said:

When did I say he would be fired lol. I'm just saying his weak spot will be QB decisions. His downside would be better wording. Paying JB that much money was a mistake. Signing Carson would make his QB decisions very suspect. Trust me I love Ballard I honestly dont think Wentz is in our cards.

Paying JB was not a mistake.   It didn’t stop us from doing anything we wanted.   I think we were roughly $50 million under the cap this year?   More?

 

There's a difference in you not liking a decision and noting that the decision was a mistake.    It can be one without the other.  
 

Im sorry we haven’t had a young, franchise level QB in two years.   It may be a year or two more.   But we will soon find out.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 6:01 AM, richard pallo said:

I think it will leak by then if a deal is reached.  It won't take long as the inner circle expands.  For the media it's a race to break the story.  

I’m thinking Wednesday of this coming week?   Could be Tuesday if the Wentz deal is done with Chicago.   Could be Wednesday if the deal is with the Colts. 
 

Im guessing Monday we talk Super Bowl?

Tuesday, perhaps Peyton comes to town to talk Hall of Fame?   Wednesday, if they trade for Wentz, perhaps the Colts announce the deal then?   Thursday at the latest? 
 

Could be a full week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Paying JB was not a mistake.   It didn’t stop us from doing anything we wanted.   I think we were roughly $50 million under the cap this year?   More?

 

There's a difference in you not liking a decision and noting that the decision was a mistake.    It can be one without the other.  
 

Im sorry we haven’t had a young, franchise level QB in two years.   It may be a year or two more.   But we will soon find out.  

I’m all for bring Jb back again, just as an insurance policy In case we get the 2020 wentz

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2021 at 8:27 PM, deedub75 said:

 

We're gonna be stop gapping forever. If we are gonna go with a stop gap, might as well keep Brissett or Eason. 

If Ballard is seriously trying to get Wentz then maybe there's a little fire under him. Just a tiny flame thought. Irsay could also be pushing this.  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

 

I'm warming up of Wentz after looking through his stats.   The potential is there, but I don't want the Colts to give up much to get him.   It's almost a favor by taking his salary off the Eagles.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, EastStreet said:

IMO, he's only had one truly good year. 2017 was good QBR wise. 16 and 20 were bad. 18 and 19 mediocre.

 

And he's only played 2 full years. 

 

So we have

 

1. Health concerns

2. Broken-ness concerns

3. Locker room concerns

4. High contract and bad dead cap concerns

5. He wants to leave Philly after they just fired a HC for him and brought in new staff just for him, concern... 

 

And all that risk for one good QBR year, in which he only played 13 games.

 

His passer rating was 102.2 in 2018.  It was 93.1 in 2019.  I don't know what his QBR was but it couldn't have been that bad with passer ratings like that.  

 

1. This is a concern, but he has been healthier the last 2 years.  He played all of 2019 and was healthy for all of 2020 and only didn't play because the Eagles decided to see what they had in Hurts and tank.

 

2. I don't think one year will break a QB's confidence if that's what you mean.  Luck had a terrible year once, everyone seems to forget that year though.  

 

3. If Reich ok's the trade for him (Which he would almost have to ok a trade for a QB, especially one that he worked with previously) than I have no concerns here.  Reich knows how he is as a player and in the locker room.  If Reich told Ballard he doesn't want Wentz than I would say Ballard shouldn't trade even a 7th round conditional for him.  

 

4. That is overplayed.  The Eagles would have to pay the signing bonus so his cap hit to us next year would be 24.4 million all of which is guaranteed.  (But you arn't going to cut him the same year you trade for him anyways.)  After that his 2022 salary is going to be partially guaranteed because it partially guarantees on the 3rd day of the 2021 league year (I can't find the amount.) . . . the rest of it guarantees on the 3rd day of the 2022 league year.   His 2022 cap hit would be 22 million.

 

After 2022 he would have ZERO guaranteed money on his contract.

 

Even with all the money on his contract combined Wentz's APR is only 8th right now in terms of QB's and he is almost certain to drop to 9th when Dak get's his new deal.

 

5. Watson who is younger, wants out of Houston and if Houston would be willing to trade him in the division everyone would want him.  

 

Wentz has received mixed signals from the organization as to if they even want him to be the QB of the Eagles or not.  Watson on the other hand has only gotten "We love you, please stay" from the Texans but still wants out.  I hardly blame a guy for not wanting to hang around a place where it's not even clear if he's wanted.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, EastStreet said:

 

I feel like I'm having a premonition... Here's my fear. 

 

Feb2021 - Colts send a 2021 2R pick + starter, or 2021 2R + conditional 2022 SR to the Eagles for Wentz

Jan2022 - Colts miss the playoffs at 9-7. Decide to stick with Wentz. TN wins the AFCS. 

Jan2023 - Colts miss the playoffs at 8-8. Decide to stick with Wentz. Jax with Lawrence win the AFCS. TN WC.

Jan2024 - Colts miss the playoffs at 9-7. Jax again, Houston WC. Stuck with Wentz in his last year. Keep him as backup. Reich fired.

Apr2024 - Colts draft a QB in middle of the 1R. Colts hire Sirianni as HC... Rinse, repeat..... 

 

well hells bells  lets bring manning back for next year while we find a QB. With the team we have now,manning didn't have most his seasons ,I thinks P.Manning would do well.  If Brady is still doing it , so could he. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping for a trade for Wentz.  I find it shocking how many people hate the idea of trading for a guy with 2 great and 1 good season but at the same time love the idea of trading for Sam Darnold who never had a single season that could be described as anything other than bad or terrible.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Paying JB was not a mistake.   It didn’t stop us from doing anything we wanted.   I think we were roughly $50 million under the cap this year?   More?

 

There's a difference in you not liking a decision and noting that the decision was a mistake.    It can be one without the other.  
 

Im sorry we haven’t had a young, franchise level QB in two years.   It may be a year or two more.   But we will soon find out.  

JB was over paid without a doubt. He is worth more like 12 to 15 mil a year. We were in a tough spot, but the man didn't deserve that pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I am hoping for a trade for Wentz.  I find it shocking how many people hate the idea of trading for a guy with 2 great and 1 good season but at the same time love the idea of trading for Sam Darnold who never had a single season that could be described as anything other than bad or terrible.  

I dont like either honestly. I'd like Mariota or Carr before either. Cousins would be nice too. I'm hoping Rodgers was serious and is playing mum now. We would win SBs with him for sure. We have everything he doesn't have in GB. He was * they didn't go for it, he knows Frank would!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Superman changed the title to Update: What number will Wentz wear? (merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...