Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: What number will Wentz wear? (merge)

chrisbeldridge

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same people who want no part of Wentz are the same who wanted no part of Rhodes and Rivers. If we pick the dude up im sure they did their homework and are fairly sure of what he can be on our squad. Im on board as long as we dont get crazy with the over bid stuff which we never do. Personally based on last year im not sure a 1st round anything is due for Wentz but im not denying the man has a lot of talent. Skillset is similar to Luck if you can clean some things up. Hes worth a shot to me at our number that we have on him.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

The same people who want no part of Wentz are the same who wanted no part of Rhodes and Rivers. If we pick the dude up im sure they did their homework and are fairly sure of what he can be on our squad. Im on board as long as we dont get crazy with the over bid stuff which we never do.

Wrong, not me. I wanted Rivers and even said we would make the playoffs with Rivers and I don't want Wentz. 

It looks like the Bears have the best offer on the table for Wentz, unless the Colts really want him he might be traded in the next few days, personally I am skeptical of both Eagle QB's

Carson Wentz- was great for three months in 2017, does not seem to inspire.

Jalen Hurts- benched in college for Tua, classic backup comes in does well in first start (vs. Saints) play drops off the more you see him, did you see the game against Dallas, the Colts were projected to draft him in the second round last year, and didn't, don't trade the 21st pick for a guy who won one start.

there must be something else out there.

I remember how many people loved Jacoby after the 2017 4-11 season, but want him gone now, while I was not a fan of his back then, he seems to be really part of the team fabric, they rally around him, if he could work on the fumbles, I would feel comfortable with him as the starter, with Eason playing significant time  in the preseason to see if he has a future. trading away multiple draft pics to win now seems crazy unless you're Jim Irsay who is cleaning the trophy room as we speak.

I'm not a huge fan of trading for Wentz but it's really not a bad scenario. I believe his 2022 salary is only guaranteed after March 3rd. So you let him and Eason battle for the 2021 starting spot.  Likely Wentz wins that one but Colts get a good read on Eason.

In 2022 , the Colts have 3 choices...

1) If Wentz is effective , Colts have him under contract through 2024. 
2) If Eason is the better option of the 2 , release Wentz and find a back up for Eason.

3) Draft or sign a FA QB if both disappoint . 

40 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

DeMichael Harris already has 12.  Sorry to ruin a good joke.

So....  Realistically speaking, it looks like 1, 2, 4, 5, or 6.  My vote is for 1.

Pittman wore 6 at USC. It's just silly that the NCAA and the NFL can't have the same rules around numbering. 

If Wentz wants 11, he needs to make a financially lucrative offer to Pittman lol... enough to make Pittman move to 10, 15, 18, 19, 82, 83, 87, 88, or 89.... As an X, I like Pittman with 88.

I'll just say this about Wentz. He's hurt to much for me. Now the senario I see playing out. Colt trade for Wentz. Wentz gets #7. Brissett signs elsewhere and Eason is the backup. Wentz starts the season as our #1 an gets hurt and Eason gets the start and balls out and Wentz never sees the field again.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

The same people who want no part of Wentz are the same who wanted no part of Rhodes and Rivers. If we pick the dude up im sure they did their homework and are fairly sure of what he can be on our squad. Im on board as long as we dont get crazy with the over bid stuff which we never do. Personally based on last year im not sure a 1st round anything is due for Wentz but im not denying the man has a lot of talent. Skillset is similar to Luck if you can clean some things up. Hes worth a shot to me at our number that we have on him.

Not even close to being  true.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Also rivers had a history of rebounding  after a bad season  wentz doesn't have  that yet

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Pittman wore 6 at USC. It's just silly that the NCAA and the NFL can't have the same rules around numbering. 

If Wentz wants 11, he needs to make a financially lucrative offer to Pittman lol... enough to make Pittman move to 10, 15, 18, 19, 82, 83, 87, 88, or 89.... As an X, I like Pittman with 88.

18 and 19 aren't happening.   

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

10 is reserved for Mac Jones 

dog smile GIF

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I miss having WR's with 80-series numbers.

2 hours ago, relkins said:

No,no,no,no,no. I'm done with this team if they choose Wentz.

I agree, I will be saying dumb QB decisions are Ballards downfall. I would cut him more slack for going with a cheap option and it not working than going for someone with Wentzs contract and they fail. He is too high risk for the price.

14 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree, I will be saying dumb QB decisions are Ballards downfall. I would cut him more slack for going with a cheap option and it not working than going for someone with Wentzs contract and they fail. He is too high risk for the price.

Ballard won't get fired anytime soon 

Archived