Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: What number will Wentz wear? (merge)

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Can this topic be stopped now? It’s crazy that it has gone on this long after MPJ and Wentz are both cool with it. 

It'll go on til the league year starts unfortunately.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or how about Wentz take number 7 and he and Pittman go with the 7/11 "Always Open" catch phrase.  The fact that he reached out was a clear sign that he wanted the number.  It's good that he's not gonn

Breaking news.   Wentz texted Blue inquiring about the number 00.   Blue only sent this in response.   Not sure if this is yes or no however   

Appears the answer is 2.      Super stoked to see he seems to have gotten the very first one. 

Posted Images

I think Wentz should be happy to be a Colt.  He shouldn’t need to ask to wear number 11.  I know he asked Pitman and was shot down and took it like a champ. I appreciate that Wentz didn’t scream Im a Diva and I have to have number 11.  But Wentz performance last season was awful.  Doesn’t matter if philly WR sucks or there Oline sucks etc..  Wentz just needs to put on whatever the number/Jersey is handed to him and go out there and show the world you are an Elite QB and That Philly was the problem.  

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Hasn't really accomplished anything to be deserving of a # he wants. Need to show me the money!

If he doesn't  I pray Eason  does

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Appears the answer is 2. 

Super stoked to see he seems to have gotten the very first one. 

Interesting, I kinda like it actually. 

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Appears the answer is 2. 

Super stoked to see he seems to have gotten the very first one. 

Good Move by the Colts. Philly fans seem to obviously love this guy.

Also number 2...Hmm

Maybe for 2nd chance/ 2nd NFL team. Maybe I’m over thinking a number choice. Lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Good Move by the Colts. Philly fans seem to obviously love this guy.

Also number 2...Hmm

Maybe for 2nd chance/ 2nd NFL team. Maybe I’m over thinking a number choice. Lol

Second chapter in his career.

• Like 1

Edit: Haven't been very active here... didn't see the whole 10 page thread dedicated to this that already had this news broken. Please feel free to lock and direct to that thread. My bad!

Edited by CheezyColt
News already broken in dedicated threas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

2 for second NFL team?

That would make sense. 

Good find!

2 was a hunch I had based on 1+1 from the original 11.

Love that his #1 fan is seemingly breaking the story.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

What a troll job by Wentz if that number is correct.  That is Hurts number in Philly  LOL 

Lol. I read in that kids thread he was almost 2 when he was drafted so probably nothing but it is funny.

Class move on Carson’s part. Gotta love it for the kid and really cool he’s bringing him to a Colts game. Think we’re going to be in good shape with this Qb on and off the field!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• At Houston's age there is also a good chance he won't be able to achieve his numbers from last year.  I would rather sign Clowney given the choice.  I think there is a good chance Houston signs elsewhere too.  You notice no players are clamoring for his return like they were for TY and Rhodes.  It might come down to plan C for Ballard. 
    • Wow.....   Kiper just had us picking Cosmi with our pick in round 2.......   Cosmi seems to have dropped a bit at least with the talking heads.......  The "better" talking heads do have contacts with at least some of the pro scouts   I wonder if there is something hidden on the guy......      
    • Welp, at minimum, you'll know their grade. And you can read up on anyone you might target on NFL.com prospect tracker if you feel like researching a bit. They have profiles for pretty much every top 300+ kid.
    • Agree that he would likely have been cut last year - whether he would have wound up on our PS or getting picked up elsewhere, I don't know for sure.     As we saw last year, the D 'Flus is running very rarely is a true 4-3 with 4 DL, 3 LBs, 4 DBs - instead, we're using 4 DL and more often 2 LBs with 5 DBs (or less often 1 LB and 6 DBs).   My guess with Ballard not making much effort going after A-Walker is that we'll typically see Leonard and Okereke in 2 LB situations and that they've got confidence in Speed to use him in 3 LB situations.  If not, Franklin (though he had the most ST snaps on the team) is pretty adequate at LBer if needed as a backup.  Adams and Glasgow were used entirely on STs last year and I get the feeling Glasgow sort of carved out a niche for himself as a STer moving forward (i.e., unless drastic emergency, we won't see him on the field as a LBer but he'll be likely to keep a roster spot).     I won't be shocked to see Ballard pick up a LB in the draft or bring in some UDFAs to battle for roster spots.  Heck, I won't be shocked to see him bring in a vet FA if the price is right.  It appears we should be set at LB, though Leonard has missed a game or more to injury each of his 3 years and Oke didn't seem to show much improvement between year 1 and 2.     As I see it now, without any significant additions, Skai has a legit shot to beat out Adams since he probably fits the mold on what we're trying to do on D a bit more and Adams was used entirely as a ST guy last year (i.e., Moore basically needs to outcompete Adams for ST reps or be near him with a bit more upside as a back-up defender).     I still rank OT, Edge, TE, WR as clear needs over LB.  Not as clear, but I have secondary as a bigger need than LB right now, too -- so I won't be shocked if we address the LB position in the draft, but agree that having Moore back gives us the option to go towards one of those positions instead of LB if the BPA is pretty close between a LBer and an aforementioned position.   One thing that'll be interesting to me is how Ballard and the coaching staff treat the guys who opted out.  Obviously we have no idea how conversations went with those players who opted out, and I don't know all their motivations for doing so (I believe Tell had a sick grandmother or something like that)... but I know Ballard doesn't like guys who he thinks opt not to play for their own benefit over that of the team (e.g., saying Ebron quit on the team with a minor ankle injury that Ebron elected to get season ending surgery on instead of toughing out the last 5-6 games two seasons ago).  If Ballard believes (as you somewhat eluded to) that Moore opted out rather than getting cut, I can see Moore being let go pretty early -- if Moore gave Ballard a legit reason to opt out, I hope Moore has kept himself in shape and is ready to ball out, as he seemed like a very solid playmaker at S. Carolina during his college years.       Ballard and Flus both said last year that Speed is as physically gifted as any LB on our roster.  I think it was known he was a project since being drafted -- coming from a small school with limited LB experience (he was a QB in HS, converted to WR as a freshman at Tarleton State, then from WR to DE and eventually DE to LB).  He made a few big time plays on STs last year and in his limited action at LB, he looked fine to me (hard to judge, as most of his LB action was in garbage time).  My gut tells me the coaching staff has seen enough of him that they're pretty confident in what he can do at LB and I'm excited for it -- TBH, just athletically with him, Leonard and Oke we have to have one of the more purely athletic group of LBs in the league (e.g., what we may lose a pure FB player in AW, we probably make up for with Speed's pure athletic ability).     In terms of Tell, I am excited for him.  He seemed to do well in his chances as a rookie and it's impossible to say, but my guess is with some of Ya-Sin's struggles last year, we may have seen Tell take over the CB2 role across from Rhodes by the mid-point of last season.  That said, I'm not giving up on Ya-Sin - I think he'll improve and will be a solid player, especially if we can generate a bit more pass rush.  I know one thing Ballard liked about Tell from day 1 was his ability to play CB or S if need be giving his size, range and athleticism.  Personally, I like Blackmon more as a SS than FS and don't dislike the idea of Tell lining up at FS, Blackmon as SS and Willis lining up in the box against TEs.  
  • Members