Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patrick Mahomes

danlhart87

If the Chiefs pull off a victory in SB 55 and Mahomes picks up his 2nd title in 3 years as a starting QB would you consider him top 10 on the All Time list?

Yes its very early in his career but the kids good. 

BTW I picked Bucs to win so I could jinx either team at this point

Way too early to crown him. There's a lot of years left. 

Russell Wilson won his first Super Bowl in his 2nd season, and then returned a year later. Since then he's stayed relevant, but hasn't returned to the big dance. So I guess... Maybe if he wins that 2nd one? 

I think Patrick has the ceiling to be an all time great, but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:18 AM, danlhart87 said:

If the Chiefs pull off a victory in SB 55 and Mahomes picks up his 2nd title in 3 years as a starting QB would you consider him top 10 on the All Time list?

Too early. What if he never plays again? To be among the top ten of all time, a QB has to play at least 10 years, if not more. 

No...   I would NOT yet consider Mahomes an all-time great.   Not yet at least.  But he is off to a great start in his career.

One of the key aspects for any all-time lists in any sport is longevity.   It’s not enough just to be great.   You have to be great for a long time...   the majority of your career.   Mahomes hadn’t done that yet.   No doubt he will.  No reason to think he won’t.   But he actually has to do it first.   He has to have sustained greatness.  

Mahomes is an excellent quarterback, but what makes him so great is that offense, my goodness. Andy rieds

scheme, hardman, Hill, kelce, their offensive line, helaire, Bell.... That team is stacked. And the aggressive nature of their defense, it's no wonder that they have success... It will be interesting to me to see how many of those playmakers they can afford to keep down the line.

Archived