Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eason on possibly starting


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Yeah.  When a person is talking to another, they have consideration for another's viewpoint.  Its called politeness and basic social interaction.

 

But when speaking into a Mic, talking to nobody, you can speak your mind.  People who speak their mind and gives opinions often seem narcissistic.  They're not, there just free to speak.   Not much different than saying stuff on the internet....talking to nobody.

Who was Dakich talking to when he was talking about the people in Scottsburg In. and the vicious threats and things he said about them? What he said goes way beyond what you call free to speak. 

IMO he should have been permanently suspended. 

IMO Dakich displays the classic symptoms of being a narcissist. 

Narcissist : conceited, self regarding, self obsessed, egotistic and arrogant are just a few of the things that describe a narcissist. 

Just saying. :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rocky in round 15  

you can't spell seasoning without Eason and that's what he needs.  lol.  sorry.  

Anyone who has paid any attention to me knows I think he is going to be a starter. When that happens I don't know.  Like I said earlier, if he is going to be the back up he has to be prepare

46 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Who was Dakich talking to when he was talking about the people in Scottsburg In. and the vicious threats and things he said about them? What he said goes way beyond what you call free to speak. 

IMO he should have been permanently suspended. 

IMO Dakich displays the classic symptoms of being a narcissist. 

Narcissist : conceited, self regarding, self obsessed, egotistic and arrogant are just a few of the things that describe a narcissist. 

Just saying. :dunno:

I think he holds opinions some people don't agree with or don't like.   Everybody does.  We hear his opinions because he's paid to share them.  Should he be suspended for having the "wrong" opinion?  Expressing them is his job.

 

Isn't a narcissist somebody who is self absorbed?  I think when a person is expressing their opinions for three hours, it tends to be a narcissistic job.  They are talking about their own opinions, so it stands to reason......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think he holds opinions some people don't agree with or don't like.   Everybody does.  We hear his opinions because he's paid to share them.  Should he be suspended for having the "wrong" opinion?  Expressing them is his job.

 

Isn't a narcissist somebody who is self absorbed?  I think when a person is expressing their opinions for three hours, it tends to be a narcissistic job.  They are talking about their own opinions, so it stands to reason......

Are you even familiar with what he was suspended for? 

May I suggest you look it up? 

What he said was beyond over the line IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well IMO that makes it even worse. 

If he takes on that narcissistic personality to be a radio host, that shows him being fake. 

Sorry. I dislike phony people as well. 


I hate to break it to you, but most radio personalities are just that. They act one way on the radio and a whole different way everywhere else. Some even utilize fake names. Ha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:


I hate to break it to you, but most radio personalities are just that. They act one way on the radio and a whole different way everywhere else. Some even utilize fake names. Ha

That don't mean I have to like them does it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he holds opinions some people don't agree with or don't like.   Everybody does.  We hear his opinions because he's paid to share them.  Should he be suspended for having the "wrong" opinion?  Expressing them is his job.

 

Isn't a narcissist somebody who is self absorbed?  I think when a person is expressing their opinions for three hours, it tends to be a narcissistic job.  They are talking about their own opinions, so it stands to reason......

Good lord,   you defend dakich for calling kids Crack heads and threatening to beat up school board members,   then have a gripe about Josina Anderson for don't nothing.   I think you need to reasses your positions

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you even familiar with what he was suspended for? 

May I suggest you look it up? 

What he said was beyond over the line IMO. 

No, I don't know.  But I assume it would have to with something about generalizing a bunch of people who choose to still live in a place like Scottsburg. 

 

Did he offend somebody and was wrong at the same time?  Or did he offend somebody when he revealed truth?   Some times its just offending somebody that gets people in trouble.  Right or wrong is irrelevant.  In fact, some people blow up because the truth is revealed, then they are offended because somebody actually had the nerve to say it.

 

Or did he offend others who know nothing about Scottsburg but were put off by how they define politeness?

 

But that's as far as I need to know about it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Good lord,   you defend dakich for calling kids Crack heads and threatening to beat up school board members,   then have a gripe about Josina Anderson for don't nothing.   I think you need to reasses your positions

My impression about DD is that he holds opinions that people don't like, but has no real agenda.  So its just one guy, self contained to his own brew.

 

I think Josina Anderson is way worse.  She wants to put people at odds with each other for her own elevation, or the elevation of whatever cause she might have, and 5 million people could be at each others throats.  And she would feel happier the more people got involved, for whatever cause or problem she thought was important to elevate or solve.  If its not just about self absorbed power.

 

DD is a rude guy.  Josina is down right evil, but probably thinks she's righteous.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No, I don't know.  But I assume it would have to with something about generalizing a bunch of people who choose to still live in a place like Scottsburg. 

 

Did he offend somebody and was wrong at the same time?  Or did he offend somebody when he revealed truth?   Some times its just offending somebody that gets people in trouble.  Right or wrong is irrelevant.  In fact, some people blow up because the truth is revealed, then they are offended because somebody actually had the nerve to say it.

 

Or did he offend others who know nothing about Scottsburg but were put off by how they define politeness?

 

But that's as far as I need to know about it.

How can you defend something you know nothing about? 

I think you just want to be argumentative for the sake of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

How can you defend something you know nothing about? 

I think you just want to be argumentative for the sake of it. 

What I think I'm defending is the idea that he should not get labeled something in perpetuity because he got off the rails.

 

You know, the concept of......He said Blank...Therefore he's This.   In perpetuity.

 

I think Jvan spoke of crack heads.  IIRC it may have been a generalization of people in Scott County about Opioids, because at the time Scott Co was far and a way the highest per capita abuser of prescription drugs in the state.   Just up the highway from the Louisville supply chain.

 

So he used one example of something truthful to embarrass people in an entire county.  Seems impolite to me, but I also did not hear the context.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What I think I'm defending is the idea that he gets labeled something in perpetuity because he got off the rails.

 

You know, the concept of......He said Blank...Therefore he's This.   In perpetuity.

 

I think Jvan spoke of crack heads.  IIRC it may have been a generalization of people in Scott County about Opioids, because at the time Scott Co was far and a way the highest per capita abuser of prescription drugs in the state.   Just up the highway from the Louisville supply chain.

 

The problem with hyperbole, is that there is usually some level of truth at its root.  So folks get mad at the extreme statement they know is not accurate, because that little bit of truth was revealed. 

Your generalization of Scottsburg is way off base and the comments he made.

I did not draw my opinion of him over that one incident. 

IMO he has been what you call off the rails most of his entire career as a so called radio personality. 

If you want to stick up for him that is your right but maybe find out what you are sticking up for? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DougDew said:

My impression about DD is that he holds opinions that people don't like, but has no real agenda.  So its just one guy, self contained to his own brew.

 

I think Josina Anderson is way worse.  She wants to put people at odds with each other for her own elevation, or the elevation of whatever cause she might have, and 5 million people could be at each others throats.  And she would feel happier the more people got involved, for whatever cause or problem she thought was important to elevate or solve.  If its not just about self absorbed power.

 

DD is a rude guy.  Josina is down right evil, but probably thinks she's righteous.

Dan Dakich fine

 

Josina Anderson  evil

 

 

Wow dude.    

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Dan Dakich fine

 

Josina Anderson  evil

 

 

Wow dude.    

Hard to say.  It's all about the intentions.  One could just be a blow hard.  The other could be a deviant, possibly choosing which one-off statements to spread and which ones to tamp down.   I don't care about either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your generalization of Scottsburg is way off base and the comments he made.

I did not draw my opinion of him over that one incident. 

IMO he has been what you call off the rails most of his entire career as a so called radio personality. 

If you want to stick up for him that is your right but maybe find out what you are sticking up for? 

 

I don't know the context.  It sounds like he went off on a caller.  Like where there is banter back and forth, some tension, then it escalates to where you just say something to make the other person as mad as you are, then realize you went over the line.

 

Like I said, I don't know the context. 

 

If the caller was from Scottsburg and acting like a Jackhole to him, I could see DD or even a normal person crossing the line. 

 

If the caller was a little ol grandma like Aunt Bea inviting him and Bobby Knight down to Scottsburg for pie and coffee, I could see where telling her "No, because SB if full of crackheads" and that he might beat her up would be crossing the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Speaking of going off the rails

 

  this thread might be the new posterboy

I was about to say the same.  Actually wish i missed it all before it gets edited out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougDew said:

My impression about DD is that he holds opinions that people don't like, but has no real agenda.  So its just one guy, self contained to his own brew.

 

I think Josina Anderson is way worse.  She wants to put people at odds with each other for her own elevation, or the elevation of whatever cause she might have, and 5 million people could be at each others throats.  And she would feel happier the more people got involved, for whatever cause or problem she thought was important to elevate or solve.  If its not just about self absorbed power.

 

DD is a rude guy.  Josina is down right evil, but probably thinks she's righteous.


Did we really have to go there?    Really?

 

Come on, Doug.   You don’t know Josina Anderson.   So you don’t know her motives at all.    Remember, neither you and I could even remember what you didn’t like about her less than 24 hours ago.   You couldn’t remember the topic.   All you could remember is that you were angry with her over what you thought were her motives.   That’s it. 
 

So from there, you needed to jump all the way to evil?    Really?    
 

You don’t think maybe this is a couple of bridges too far?    Come on now... 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Did we really have to go there?    Really?

 

Come on, Doug.   You don’t know Josina Anderson.   So you don’t know her motives at all.    Remember, neither you and I could even remember what you didn’t like about her less than 24 hours ago.   You couldn’t remember the topic.   All you could remember is that you were angry with her over what you thought were her motives.   That’s it. 
 

So from there, you needed to jump all the way to evil?    Really?    
 

You don’t think maybe this is a couple of bridges too far?    Come on now... 

 

I crossed the line there.  I do not know Josina, and don't plan too.  Should have said "could"

 

Really saying that she could be choosing which player statements to elevate and which ones to tamp down.  Somebody said that she was the reporter who helped to leak some player feelings about Wentz during the season.  Could have been innocent.  Maybe intentional.  Nobody knows, and I don't assume that someone is a consummate professional if they deal in player statements that could agitate a controversy.  That's all.

 

DD doesn't seem devious.  He's pretty much all out there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hard to say.  It's all about the intentions.  One could just be a blow hard.  The other could be a deviant, possibly choosing which one-off statements to spread and which ones to tamp down.   I don't care about either.

I don't think you listen to Dakich anymore than you watch the Atlanta Falcons

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think you listen to Dakich anymore than you watch the Atlanta Falcons

I've moved out of range of Dakich, but it sounds like his radio show hasn't changed much since the last time I heard it.  I visit frequently.

 

And it was Davonte Freeman, not Davonte Fields, remembering the name from my weekly inescapable local broadcasts a few years ago......

 

Still can't think of that IU RB they paired with Freeman.  That was a good running game for ATL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I crossed the line there.  I do not know Josina, and don't plan too.  Should have said "could"

 

Really saying that she could be choosing which player statements to elevate and which ones to tamp down.  Somebody said that she was the reporter who helped to leak some player feelings about Wentz during the season.  Could have been innocent.  Maybe intentional.  Nobody knows, and I don't assume that someone is a consummate professional if they deal in player statements that could agitate a controversy.  That's all.

 

DD doesn't seem devious.  He's pretty much all out there.


Ive watched her on ESPN for years (no longer there.  Left in last round of layoffs).

 

My observation is this....  That she’s Pro-player.  That players trust her.   That if they tell her things in confidence,  she will not violate that trust.    So they tell her lots of off the record stuff.   So, when she makes a comment about an issue being discussed, she’s basing it off what she’s been told.   Sometimes this will upset people.   Maybe lots of people.   But she’s speaking what she believes to be the truth based on what she’s been told.

 

Thats my view of her. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Give Watson some time. He will be on the injury list often. Why give money to a qb who cannot read defenses. Go with eason and get it overwith. in my opinion, the Colts have wasted two opportunities on two quarterbacks. Kelly should have been given a chance and now we have eason that may not ever take a snap for the Colts. If todays front office was drafting in 98', Ryan Leaf would probably have been chosen. Send Brisset packing, start Eason and pick Mac Jones to compete for the job. Jones will be a starter in the nfl. Eason has the tools but who knows? Brissett, make him talent scout for the european region.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 9:52 PM, Chloe6124 said:

The one thing about Eason is he trusts his arm and doesn’t lack confidence.

 

I love his attitude. If we don’t draft and don’t get a longer term vet I hope people will open up their mind a little on him possibly being the future. He is much more athletic then he showed at WA.

I agree he's got all the tools to be successful I think it's just a matter of him getting a chance to show it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

Give Watson some time. He will be on the injury list often. Why give money to a qb who cannot read defenses. Go with eason and get it overwith. in my opinion, the Colts have wasted two opportunities on two quarterbacks. Kelly should have been given a chance and now we have eason that may not ever take a snap for the Colts. If todays front office was drafting in 98', Ryan Leaf would probably have been chosen. Send Brisset packing, start Eason and pick Mac Jones to compete for the job. Jones will be a starter in the nfl. Eason has the tools but who knows? Brissett, make him talent scout for the european region.

Well, they missed a chance to draft Herbert I was all for it during the draft and now look at what he's done. This organization needs to give Eason a chance at starting at least a chance. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, DougDew said:

My impression about DD is that he holds opinions that people don't like, but has no real agenda.  So its just one guy, self contained to his own brew.

 

I think Josina Anderson is way worse.  She wants to put people at odds with each other for her own elevation, or the elevation of whatever cause she might have, and 5 million people could be at each others throats.  And she would feel happier the more people got involved, for whatever cause or problem she thought was important to elevate or solve.  If its not just about self absorbed power.

 

DD is a rude guy.  Josina is down right evil, but probably thinks she's righteous.

Dakich is a jerk to put it nicely there's no two ways about it. I don't even want to say what I feel about Josina that's how much I dislike her but it's a personnel opinion not really based on anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 6:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to listen to him because of the schedule I had at work a few years ago. The thing I didn't like him about him, he was rude to a lot of his callers even when they made good points.

He thinks he's smarter than everybody else and his opinions are the only ones that are correct in his own head. As it turns out though he's only right about 50% of the time and that's being nice. He says he hates Bob Knight but loves to act like Knights ways were the only way to be. His show has no entertainment value what's so ever it's just a jerk offering opinions which is not listenable. IMHO. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching a lot of Eason video, I think that scouts did him a disservice and he'll be fine when they get a chance to coach him up. The kid is an amazing athlete, Just finished watching him outplay Zac Wilson prior to the 2020 draft.(Yes, I realize the Husky D was much stronger than BYU's). If scouts can badly mess up talents like DK Metcalf and Dak Prescott, they can definitely overthink Jacob eason. Hopefully the Colts will reap the rewards and not hand the keys over to wentz. I'm fine with a prove it deal to any of the free agent qb's who outperformed him last year while we let JE develop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, groundnpound said:

After watching a lot of Eason video, I think that scouts did him a disservice and he'll be fine when they get a chance to coach him up. The kid is an amazing athlete, Just finished watching him outplay Zac Wilson prior to the 2020 draft.(Yes, I realize the Husky D was much stronger than BYU's). If scouts can badly mess up talents like DK Metcalf and Dak Prescott, they can definitely overthink Jacob eason. Hopefully the Colts will reap the rewards and not hand the keys over to wentz. I'm fine with a prove it deal to any of the free agent qb's who outperformed him last year while we let JE develop.

I hope you are right!  They've said they want to bring in a vet though so i'm expecting that whether it be a short term bridge guy or someone younger.  It would be a great story if Eason beats out whoever it is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 7:21 PM, MCurtis32 said:

Give Watson some time. He will be on the injury list often. Why give money to a qb who cannot read defenses. Go with eason and get it overwith. in my opinion, the Colts have wasted two opportunities on two quarterbacks. Kelly should have been given a chance and now we have eason that may not ever take a snap for the Colts. If todays front office was drafting in 98', Ryan Leaf would probably have been chosen. Send Brisset packing, start Eason and pick Mac Jones to compete for the job. Jones will be a starter in the nfl. Eason has the tools but who knows? Brissett, make him talent scout for the european region.

You lost me with Kelly

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 7:21 PM, MCurtis32 said:

Give Watson some time. He will be on the injury list often. Why give money to a qb who cannot read defenses. Go with eason and get it overwith. in my opinion, the Colts have wasted two opportunities on two quarterbacks. Kelly should have been given a chance and now we have eason that may not ever take a snap for the Colts. If todays front office was drafting in 98', Ryan Leaf would probably have been chosen. Send Brisset packing, start Eason and pick Mac Jones to compete for the job. Jones will be a starter in the nfl. Eason has the tools but who knows? Brissett, make him talent scout for the european region.

The Colts will not get Watson but if they could he would be a great choice.  He's missed 1 game in his career.  Career rating of 104.5.  Career 67.8 completion %.  104 TD's 36 INT's.  1677 yards rushing in his career.   The guy has been great.   Dissing him doesn't help your case.  

The Colts need to bring in another young QB to compete with Eason and either be the starter or be the backup.  Darnold, Wentz or another.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 7:21 PM, MCurtis32 said:

Give Watson some time. He will be on the injury list often. Why give money to a qb who cannot read defenses. 

He finished first in the league in yardage on a terrible team!  He can read an NFL defense just fine...  He also had a very good TD to INT ratio

 

If you don't like raw stats, pff loved him too. he was one of the best Qbs in the league by any metric.  He does not have a history of injuries either

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He finished first in the league in yardage on a terrible team!  He can read an NFL defense just fine...  He also had a very good TD to INT ratio

 

If you don't like raw stats, pff loved him too. he was one of the best Qbs in the league by any metric.  He does not have a history of injuries either

Watson is so good. When the Colts have played Houston the past couple of years, it made me wish Indy had a better QB because theirs wasn't nearly as good as Watson. For the other guy who said Watson will inevitably get hurt and can't read defenses, that sounds like a very unfortunate stereotype to use that doesn't fit Watson at all.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an article from Kevin Bowen of 1075 The Fan:

 

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sports-news/colts/jacob-eason-talks-first-nfl-season-learning-from-philip-rivers/

 

Quote

“Going into the offseason, I’ve got a handful of things that I’ve written down that I want to start working on and we will go from there,” the 4th round pick says.

“I think my biggest goal is to just be as prepared as possible for whatever might happen. There’s no telling what goes on. From my perspective, just being prepared as possible for whatever the situation may be. Then when that opportunity presents itself, go take it. I’m excited to get back to Indy and attack this offseason.”

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...