Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Tight End - Kyle Miller [Merge]

FightLikeSin

they are just filling spots for every position so they can go BPA on each round IMO. you cant go BPA if you dont even have the players to complete a team.

with the amount of needs this team have, i kinda agree with going BPA every single round

After a CB, NT, and a receiving option, im all for going BPA. All that after our new QB of course..

I'm more concerned for our offense. They have already talked about using a fullback, which indicates to me there is going to be a ground game. Yikes. Brown and Carter? I'm going straight to RB in the 2nd/3rd Round if you wanna make that happen.

No there go the Chances of getting Fleener now.Was really hoping to pick him up in the second round. Anybody have any info on this guy?

I take it you're being sarcastic... picking up a kid who couldn't make any roster last year from a tiny school doesn't exactly mean the Colts are done looking for TEs.

Long snapper too. So the Colts must think it's time to push Snow a little huh? Two players signed this week who both have LS experience. Jags signed him as a UDFA last year. Good hands. Father played QB, was drafted by the Browns.

After a CB, NT, and a receiving option, im all for going BPA. All that after our new QB of course..

lets say they go QB and NT with their first 2 choices and there is a WR they really like. there is also a CB who they like but is rated lower than the WR sayed. id much rather go get the WR that they have graded as better even tough we need more a CB. just take the guy that can make the difference not what you need IMO.

I'm more concerned for our offense. They have already talked about using a fullback, which indicates to me there is going to be a ground game. Yikes. Brown and Carter? I'm going straight to RB in the 2nd/3rd Round if you wanna make that happen.

did you see our corner play last year? a blind man could have played better, we dont need a running back that bad, I bet it will be running back by commitee this year and were go running back early next year if Brown and Carter dont show up this year. this year who really stuck out in the running back class anyway? Trent Richardson will be way gone likely just a couple slots down after our pick, Lamicheal James seems to me like just a run in space guy, this isnt a great running back class outside of Richardson in my opinion a big drop off, Im going Montee Ball next year if we get a chance, he is a bruising runner

did you see our corner play last year? a blind man could have played better, we dont need a running back that bad, I bet it will be running back by commitee this year and were go running back early next year if Brown and Carter dont show up this year. this year who really stuck out in the running back class anyway? Trent Richardson will be way gone likely just a couple slots down after our pick, Lamicheal James seems to me like just a run in space guy, this isnt a great running back class outside of Richardson in my opinion a big drop off, Im going Montee Ball next year if we get a chance, he is a bruising runner

We were ranked 15th against the pass last year. 26th in rushing. That tells me we need a run game more than we need a CB. I'd take Lamar Miller or Doug Martin in the 2nd. However, they'll likely go in the first. If that's the case, there will likely be no RB worth it until the 4th round. It's still a big need.

He's a LS...the 2nd LS we've signed in the last couple of days. Unfortunately, I think this could be the end of the Justin Snow era. :(

Why don't they just gut the whole team and start over? :hide: Seems like that is whats happening in my opinion. :sigh:

Camp body. This happens every year so no real need for a new thread every time we sign some Joey Baggadonuts.

Brackett and Saturday were UFA's at one point. They didn't turn out to be "camp bodies". News is news dude. You aren't paying for server space, chill out.

Can't locate anything on him so far other than was with the Jags, maybe drafted last year and released??

don't think there's any stats to report, he didn't see any game time... was rookie last year, did not make Jags roster, played for Mount Union (in Ohio)

Now we have 3 LS on roster:

Snow,

Overton

Miller

Mike McGlynn and Brody Eldridge can also long snap so that gives us 5. When the Colts were thinned out at TE in 2010 Snow could not be used there so he is not versatile. Miller and Eldridge can both play TE while McGlynn can play G or C. Overton can play LB. Someones' versatility will probably get Snow cut.

No there go the Chances of getting Fleener now.Was really hoping to pick him up in the second round. Anybody have any info on this guy?

This does not change anything about Fleener. Kyle Williams is nothing special and you do not pass on Fleener if he is there in the second just because you signed Kyle Williams.

We have a very large and glaring hole at TE and Kyle Williams does not fix that hole at all.

................but with Snow's age.......isn't this the perfect year to groom a new one?.......

How do you groom a long snapper? Call me ignorant, but I don't think there is much to do with long snapping. I just don't think we have to groom a LS as I think a LS either has it or doesn't. I've played receiver all my life, not LS.

We were ranked 15th against the pass last year. 26th in rushing. That tells me we need a run game more than we need a CB. I'd take Lamar Miller or Doug Martin in the 2nd. However, they'll likely go in the first. If that's the case, there will likely be no RB worth it until the 4th round. It's still a big need.

Neither of those backs are worth our 2nd pick and I wouldn't take either one if they were sitting there when our 3rd pick came around. This RB class is bad after Richardson so for that reason Lamar and Martin are getting hyped up.

How do you groom a long snapper? Call me ignorant, but I don't think there is much to do with long snapping. I just don't think we have to groom a LS as I think a LS either has it or doesn't. I've played receiver all my life, not LS.

.....then let me reword it....Because of Snow's age, don't you think this is a good time to to see what younger player may, or may not have it?

Neither of those backs are worth our 2nd pick and I wouldn't take either one if they were sitting there when our 3rd pick came around. This RB class is bad after Richardson so for that reason Lamar and Martin are getting hyped up.

They are both pretty clear cut first round picks. You won't have to worry about either of them falling to round 3. We'd be lucky to have either one.

.....then let me reword it....Because of Snow's age, don't you think this is a good time to to see what younger player may, or may not have it?

I understood the original question. I just think (and I could be a little ignorant here) that there's no need to get a young LS when your starter is still on the team. I say once he retires or leaves, you bring in a couple of LS's and pick hte best guy. I just dont think it's worth bringing in a guy now, when's not retired, because it's not like he's going to get starting time, and it's not like he's going to get better. He's long snapper, you have it or you dont. That's what I think.

I understood the original question. I just think (and I could be a little ignorant here) that there's no need to get a young LS when your starter is still on the team. I say once he retires or leaves, you bring in a couple of LS's and pick hte best guy. I just dont think it's worth bringing in a guy now, when's not retired, because it's not like he's going to get starting time, and it's not like he's going to get better. He's long snapper, you have it or you dont. That's what I think.

I would imagine with his contract being up next year, his contract of over 800k, and his age it would not be out of the question that we could be replacing the guy. Who knows. Snow could likely be retiring next year with his age but when you are paying almost a million dollars for a LS that tells me it perhaps is time to move on. He has never >>>ed up and that is great but lets move on.

Huh?

Do you also think that us signing Trevor Vittatoe several weeks back means that we won't draft Andrew Luck now?

How do you know that 26th rushing offense doesn't have more to do with the OL personnel than the RB personnel?

That's probably why we've signed or traded for 3 new OL starters already, don't you think?

Mike McGlynn and Brody Eldridge can also long snap so that gives us 5. When the Colts were thinned out at TE in 2010 Snow could not be used there so he is not versatile. Miller and Eldridge can both play TE while McGlynn can play G or C. Overton can play LB. Someones' versatility will probably get Snow cut.

As it should be. We can't continue to use a roster spot on someone who only long snaps.

They are both pretty clear cut first round picks. You won't have to worry about either of them falling to round 3. We'd be lucky to have either one.

No, they really aren't "clear cut" first rounders. I'd be surprised if either goes in the first, it's possible though, because of the lack of RB quality this year.

I'm not worried about the Colts taking either one. I'm sure there will be better and more need worthy players on the board when our second pick comes around.

How do you know that 26th rushing offense doesn't have more to do with the OL personnel than the RB personnel?

That's probably why we've signed or traded for 3 new OL starters already, don't you think?

I wouldn't disagree with that but at the same time it goes both ways. To me it all comes down to coaching. Did anyone notice how much better our defense got after Coyer got canned? I think the new staff we have in place will give an immediate boost to the play of our O-lineman and our RB's. I'm a little more skeptical about the RB's than I am the O-lineman. I'd probably start Carter over Brown at this point. He had some good runs for big yards but I think Carter was the more consistent, in between the tackles kind of guy.

Again, its just my opinion. I'm just thinking outside the box. Everyone else is screaming for another WR or DB. We need a RB too. It's crucial to the offense they are wanting to put in place. I don't see a top 15 RB in either Brown or Carter at this point.

No, they really aren't "clear cut" first rounders. I'd be surprised if either goes in the first, it's possible though, because of the lack of RB quality this year.

I'm not worried about the Colts taking either one. I'm sure there will be better and more need worthy players on the board when our second pick comes around.

People who scout for a living would disagree with you on that.

This is a serious question, i'm not being snarky. Who would you draft at #34? Don't say Fleener.

People who scout for a living would disagree with you on that.

This is a serious question, i'm not being snarky. Who would you draft at #34? Don't say Fleener.

Almost any position outside of RB. WR Stephen Hill, WR Kendall Wright, DT, OL, TE (Fleener), DB, etc. I'm sure there will be better players on the board at a few, if not all, of these positions. RBs not named Adrian Peterson/Trent Richardson are a dime a dozen.

Providing the most recent position rankings of Mike Mayock, NT-Dontari Poe is suppose to fall to the 2nd round now. We need a Nose since we're transitioning to a 3-4 defence...the great thing about 3-4 is you can make do with avergae corners providing the pressure schemes...Freeney and Mathias as OLB = easy interceptions