Andy Dalton

Jacob Eason

Trey Lance

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Mitchell Trubisky

Tyrod Taylor

AJ McCarron

Ok, who's next?

If i had my choice it would be Winston. He has had moments when he looks like an elite qb. He also had moments, lots of them, wherever looks like he is playing for the other team. The qb I want has to have wow moments.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, danlhart87 said:

Here's my list 

1. Mac Jones

2. Trey Lance 

3. Sam Darnold (Only for a 3 though)

That's it 

I'm confident that no one is getting Sam Darnold for a 3.   Especially the Colts who the Jets paid THREE 2's to move up and take him.    That would be the Jets buying high and selling low from the same team.   They'd look like they got suckered twice!

Darnold may or may not get traded.    But for a single 3?    Not happening.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:26 AM, Mr.Debonair said:

What are we bridging to in 2022? I don't understand wanting to bring in Fitzpatrick. Either you go get a true future QB or you let Eason play, see what you have there and take the rough year. Fitz is another wasted year.

You're using the bridge to give Eason another year to prepare.    He's not ready to start this year.    But he might be in 2022.

And if Eason is not ready in '22,  then another veteran guy will likely be available.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:47 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I have said all along that Eason would be our starting QB.

When that happens I haven't a clue. 

When Ballard said he wasn't ready that was then. Who knows after a training camp and a couple of pre season games? When players are not quite ready there comes a point when they are. 

Huh?

You want the franchise to wait until late August before deciding if Eason is ready to start?    What happens if the answer is no?

You didn't address who the fallback plan would be, or how would acquire him?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

You want the franchise to wait until late August before deciding if Eason is ready to start?    What happens if the answer is no?

You didn't address who the fallback plan would be, or how would acquire him?

Where did I say I want  the Colts to wait till late August?

All I said that Eason would be the starter. AND I said when that happens I don't know.

You evidently haven't paid attention to what I did say. 

On 2/1/2021 at 3:20 AM, Stephen said:

I don't  trust ohio state players. Hooker, Anthony  Gonzales,  paris Campbell,  basham have all been disappointment s

Also rather have wilson than fields

You forgot Art Schliter from Ohio St.

Colts gambled and Drafted him but soon after they folded and took the loss.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If i had my choice it would be Winston. He has had moments when he looks like an elite qb. He also had moments, lots of them, wherever looks like he is playing for the other team. The qb I want has to have wow moments.

One good thing about Winston is he gives "wow" moments to both teams. :funny:

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where did I say I want  the Colts to wait till late August?

All I said that Eason would be the starter. AND I said when that happens I don't know.

You evidently haven't paid attention to what I did say. 

Evidently YOU didn’t pay attention to what YOU wrote.

Here’s your sentence...  it’s the next to last one in your post...

”Who knows after a training camp and a couple of Pre-Season games?”  

That’s your sentence and those things happen in August.    So again, if Eason is not good enough to start, who do we get to start?

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Evidently YOU didn’t pay attention to what YOU wrote.

Here’s your sentence...  it’s the next to last one in your post...

”Who knows after a training camp and a couple of Pre-Season games?”  

That’s your sentence and those things happen in August.    So again, if Eason is not good enough to start, who do we get to start?

I was referring to Eason's potential improvement after training camp and a couple of pre season games. 

I never said he was going to start this season. 

No matter who the starter is. if Eason is the back up then he has to prepare himself to be a starter. 

That is exactly what I said, no more, no less. 

On 1/30/2021 at 9:28 PM, danlhart87 said:

Here's my list 

1. Mac Jones

2. Trey Lance 

3. Sam Darnold (Only for a 3 though)

That's it 

Though not my first choice, I'm warming up to Mac Jones after watching some tape. He may also actually be in range for us to trade for without handing over the future.

He has a great release, is decently accurate, and does the reads. He supposedly is a smart guy.

He doesnt seem to have a cannon as an arm, and is not very mobile.

He has some decent pocket movement, but he isnt taking off with the ball to get a first down when needed.

Trey Lance is an amazing talent on the little tape that is had. BUT..... he is probably 1-2 years away from being able to take the field. (You will need a Vet)

Im really mixed on Sam Darnold he is still an unproven asset. Supposedly the Jets want a late first for him.

Is Mac Jones someone that the Colts give up additional picks for? Maybe

We will see

59 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Though not my first choice, I'm warming up to Mac Jones after watching some tape. He may also actually be in range for us to trade for without handing over the future.

He has a great release, is decently accurate, and does the reads. He supposedly is a smart guy.

He doesnt seem to have a cannon as an arm, and is not very mobile.

He has some decent pocket movement, but he isnt taking off with the ball to get a first down when needed.

Trey Lance is an amazing talent on the little tape that is had. BUT..... he is probably 1-2 years away from being able to take the field. (You will need a Vet)

Im really mixed on Sam Darnold he is still an unproven asset. Supposedly the Jets want a late first for him.

Is Mac Jones someone that the Colts give up additional picks for? Maybe

We will see

The only team for sure right now above us that likes Jones is Carolina. That obviously can change in the coming months as I expect his stock to rise even higher. 

I

53 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The only team for sure right now above us that likes Jones is Carolina. That obviously can change in the coming months as I expect his stock to rise even higher. 

I

I dont feel sure about anything....  This is the Lying season :)

If Carolina wants Jones....  what do we really have to offer to get to picks before him?

Look at the picks in front of us

Jags - QB need

Jets - QB Need (Darnold  after 3 years is an enormous question mark.... I can see them trading for Watson, or taking a QB)

New GM rebuild.....  If you dont have a franchise QB....  you take one

Dolphins - MAYBE take a QB.  50/50.. its interesting that Fitz had playing time while Tua was healthy

Falcons - MAYBE take the QB of the future - 50/50 Ryan is older and they MIGHT bring in the next QB

Panthers - NEED a QB

Broncos - NEED a QB

Vikings - MAYBE take a QB

Patriots - NEED a QB

Bears - NEED a QB

Washington - NEED a QB

Colts - NEED a QB

The Steelers draft after us, but they may look to trade up to get a QB

Simple math to me

Lets say that we have FIVE 1st round QBs to choose from

Count the number of NEEDS above, and add ONE from the 50/50 camp

Thats EIGHT teams that NEED a QB with better draft capitol than the Colts.

Thats EIGHT "hungry mouths" to feed with only FIVE meals to serve

These 8 teams are all looking to put a deal together to get one of the 5 picks..... 

Their picks are more valuable than ours, to match, we need to give up MORE picks.

We will have to overpay by a great deal to go up and get a rookie QB, which MAYBE CB does

Again, history has proven 50-70% of the first round picks, in retrospect would probably not be made today for QBs

The "cant miss" QB.......  is like a unicorn

The worst move is to take a 3rd round QB in the first round due to need (Trask)

On 2/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I dont feel sure about anything....  This is the Lying season :)

If Carolina wants Jones....  what do we really have to offer to get to picks before him?

Look at the picks in front of us

Jags - QB need

Jets - QB Need (Darnold  after 3 years is an enormous question mark.... I can see them trading for Watson, or taking a QB)

New GM rebuild.....  If you dont have a franchise QB....  you take one

Dolphins - MAYBE take a QB.  50/50.. its interesting that Fitz had playing time while Tua was healthy

Falcons - MAYBE take the QB of the future - 50/50 Ryan is older and they MIGHT bring in the next QB

Panthers - NEED a QB

Broncos - NEED a QB

Vikings - MAYBE take a QB

Patriots - NEED a QB

Bears - NEED a QB

Washington - NEED a QB

Colts - NEED a QB

The Steelers draft after us, but they may look to trade up to get a QB

Simple math to me

Lets say that we have FIVE 1st round QBs to choose from

Count the number of NEEDS above, and add ONE from the 50/50 camp

Thats EIGHT teams that NEED a QB with better draft capitol than the Colts.

Thats EIGHT "hungry mouths" to feed with only FIVE meals to serve

These 8 teams are all looking to put a deal together to get one of the 5 picks..... 

Their picks are more valuable than ours, to match, we need to give up MORE picks.

We will have to overpay by a great deal to go up and get a rookie QB, which MAYBE CB does

Again, history has proven 50-70% of the first round picks, in retrospect would probably not be made today for QBs

The "cant miss" QB.......  is like a unicorn

The worst move is to take a 3rd round QB in the first round due to need (Trask)

The one interesting thing is the amount of teams who were in on Stafford. I am more talking bout Carolina and even Denver. Denver I can understand as they probably want to win now. Carolina surprised me. They r at #8, I beleive. They could move up into 2 or 3 if they really wanted. That tells me that maybe the Jets and Miami are going qb. Or......maybe.....just maybe they are not enamoured with this class. Outside of Lawrence, there are a lot of questions with the other prospects. Matt Ruhl came from college and maybe he knows something. Teams r even calling bout Darnold. Just something to think bout.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, craigerb said:

2021 fa qbs:

Screenshot_2021-02-05 2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker.png

I say we sign Tyrod Taylor at all costs. Then we trade up and draft any qb. Don't much care who it is. That qb We draft is guaranteed to be a super star. Why u ask?? Buffalo signs Tyrod  and draft Allan. Chargers sign Tyrod and draft Herbert.  Colts sign Tyrod  and draft.......insert name!! I'm telling......its guaranteed.....!!!

45 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I say we sign Tyrod Taylor at all costs. Then we trade up and draft any qb. Don't much care who it is. That qb We draft is guaranteed to be a super star. Why u ask?? Buffalo signs Tyrod  and draft Allan. Chargers sign Tyrod and draft Herbert.  Colts sign Tyrod  and draft.......insert name!! I'm telling......its guaranteed.....!!!

Winston?

Dak is PROBABLY going to be tagged

That list ES NO BUENO

Archived