Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts expected to go after Hunter Henry

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I would think if they landed Henry they would just cut Ertz, no?   

That would be my thought. They'd try to get something for him, but most teams would probably just wait for him to be cut. They're in cap trouble and need to trim some contracts.

34 minutes ago, Shive said:

I mean, they're roughly the same height/weight (about 6'5", 250), but Henry has longer arms and ran a 4.72 40 vs Doyle's 4.91.

I think Henry is definitely a bigger threat to stretch the field than Doyle.  Both big guys, both can catch and block -- but like you pointed out, Henry's got a bigger wingspan and is significantly faster than Doyle.

Here's a quote from Irsay from Colts.com front page: "On where he wants to see improvements/additions outside of quarterback: "I think we need another one or two big playmakers on offense at tight end or wide receiver. I think we have a real interesting mix there. It's amazing when you see 87 (Travis Kelce) and 10 (Tyreek Hill) in Kansas City, the things they do and that sort of thing. It's remarkable. I think we're again, looking offensively for a couple more playmakers.""

53 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I feel like Henry and Doyle are the same character haha 

Jack Doyle is Steve Rogers, Hunter Henry is Captain America. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Chargers will just tag him again

They have $23m cap space, tagging him is about $10m. I don't see that happening. 

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'd be fine if we could sign Mo for fairly cheap and draft a late round TE or sign an undrafted free agent.  

MAC isn't going to be the guy.  And Doyle never was.  He's a nice chain mover, but not a playmaker.

We do need an Ebron type, without the drama and baggage.  It'll take more capital than what you suggest, IMO.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

MAC isn't going to be the guy.  And Doyle never was.  He's a nice chain mover, but not a playmaker.

We do need an Ebron type, without the drama and baggage.  It'll take more capital than what you suggest, IMO.

Reich never really gave Mo the chance he deserved.   He played great in the limited action he seen on the field.   Good hands, good blocker and has the size.   

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Reich never really gave Mo the chance he deserved.   He played great in the limited action he seen on the field.   Good hands, good blocker and has the size.   

He can do more, but I don't think Mo will ever be the Ertz/Henry player Frank is looking for.  He has a better chance at getting more PT by filling Doyle's spot in a year,  JMO.

Just now, DougDew said:

He can do more, but I don't think Mo will ever be the Ertz/Henry player Frank is looking for.  He has a better chance at getting more PT by filling Doyle's spot in a year,  JMO.

You may be right.    I just still think he has that diamond in the rough quality going for him.  After the second game of the season when he was targeted 6 times and caught 5 for 111 yards, he was not targeted much in other games. 

I would also welcome Henry if we didn't have to pay too much.   He's probably looking for his career pay day.      

He’s not been overly impressive after his injury that caused him to miss 2018. He had potential but hasn’t lived up to it, even in the Rivers’ offense that loved to target the TE. It would be a big meh for me and I hope we wouldn’t get into a bidding war to get him. Much rather get into one for Kenny Golladay since Stanford likes him so much. 

2 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

He’s not been overly impressive after his injury that caused him to miss 2018. He had potential but hasn’t lived up to it, even in the Rivers’ offense that loved to target the TE. It would be a big meh for me and I hope we wouldn’t get into a bidding war to get him. Much rather get into one for Kenny Golladay since Stanford likes him so much. 

If only there was a marvin Harrison  like wr to draft

I don’t feel like we use tight ends in a dedicated enough fashion to go out and spend a ton on Henry. I mean Rivers throws to TEs more than most other QBs, but Doyle, Burton, and Mo were never really featured as a part of the offense, and all ended up with very pedestrian numbers. Mo led the way with 31 catches for 394 yards. Doyle and Burton finished with 23 and 28 catches for just 250 yards. 

I just don’t want to see us sign him to a big contract and then he gets lost in the hodgepodge of this offense where we don’t actually try to take advantage of his skill set.  

38 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If only there was a marvin Harrison  like wr to draft

Both Bama receivers have a Marvin level of potential but we have no chance of getting either, especially after we use our first for Stafford. I don’t think we have to draft one high either. Robinson or Golladay has to be a target in free agency in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Both Bama receivers have a Marvin level of potential but we have no chance of getting either, especially after we use our first for Stafford. I don’t think we have to draft one high either. Robinson or Golladay has to be a target in free agency in my opinion. 

Yea like chase from lsu to but all will be gone

22 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t feel like we use tight ends in a dedicated enough fashion to go out and spend a ton on Henry. I mean Rivers throws to TEs more than most other QBs, but Doyle, Burton, and Mo were never really featured as a part of the offense, and all ended up with very pedestrian numbers. Mo led the way with 31 catches for 394 yards. Doyle and Burton finished with 23 and 28 catches for just 250 yards. 

I just don’t want to see us sign him to a big contract and then he gets lost in the hodgepodge of this offense where we don’t actually try to take advantage of his skill set.  

I agree, but I think its because we don't have that TE on the roster.  "Frank" used the TE a lot when we had Ebron.  Henry is close to that, and I don't think there is that type in the draft where we'd want to pick one.  

Freiermuth is rated highly, but he's still more of the Doyle type.

Last night I was looking at college TEs of all things, and was looking at a guy for the 4th, Kenny Yeboah of Ole Miss.  Seems more like the non-blocking receiving TE Frank uses like Ebron, Burton, and Ertz.

Archived