Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson Officially Requests Trade

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I almost ended my last post with:

Moving on would be the smartest move they've made in a while. Then was going to say, nvm, they'll probably do something dumb. 

Yeah that’s exactly why I don’t rule it out.  It fits them.  I agree the smart thing to do would be to move but if they were smart this would have never gotten to this place in the first place.  

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/28/2021 at 9:43 AM, krunk said:

I read he was trying to get lovie smith on his staff.

I like Lovie. Not as a HC, but as a guy and a staffer. IMO, another hire that will make Houston look good in the diversity area, and limit Watson's (and others) critical narrative. 

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think I'd want Stafford over Luck returning. I just don't want to be concerned with someone's love for the game after each season.

I don't want Watson. Rodgers is too old, and would be too expensive, so just another short term fix. I'd certainly take him if we didn't have to shell out a ton, but that's not reality. 

I get the Luck concern but what don't you like about Watson? 

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The more and more I think about it. I am not sure if the Colts r in on Stafford. They still have to many needs to fill to trade away 1st rounders for a 33 year old qb

I like Stafford but wouldn't exactly lose any sleep if they didn't get him

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

His twitter. And.. His desire to leak instead of handling his business directly. 

I honestly think he is frustrated with the Houston organization and just wants out. Is that an excuse to get on Twitter or Facebook and poor out one's emotions, no but I get it in a way. I wouldn't but many do now days. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think he is frustrated with the Houston organization and just wants out. Is that an excuse to get on Twitter or Facebook and poor out one's emotions, no but I get it in a way. I wouldn't but many do now days. 

It's a business. What he did was diva-ish regardless of how back the FO might be. Like I said, he could have gotten out and kept the drama under wraps. Instead, he wanted to make it a public feud and paint the organization badly. IMO, it will come back to haunt him. He'll still be wanted because of his talent, but every owner and FO will now look at him as someone that airs dirty laundry, instead of handling things in a professional manner. And I don't want that in our locker room. As much as I am critical of Frank, I don't want a player that thinks he can dictate who the coach or GM will be. He was given a voice, but he wanted the ability to dictate. Since he has a huge contract, let him go buy a team, or invest in one, if he wants to call the shots. 

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

To be fair, they do a pretty good job of this by themselves.

I hear you though, it is cause for concern.

Oh I won't argue they've been boneheads. Watson just added to it though, which lends credence to what some say (the locker room has been full of divas and poison). Put me in the category of Foxsport (I think Jonas Knox and a few others) who haven't bent over to kiss the Watson's behind. I know there's a lot of media out there in the Watson camp, but many call him a drama queen, etc. too. It was not to long ago he was being all emotional after getting his big new contract saying how great Houston was... 

Just now, w87r said:

Fair enough, I probably fall in that category a little bit as well.

Just recently, Dungy played him big time when talking about minority coaches deserving a HC spot. He went on and on about Pep. I'm not a big fan of doing things just for color/race, but I do respect the hell out of Dungy. He's at minimum sincere with everything he says. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Just recently, Dungy played him big time when talking about minority coaches deserving a HC spot. He went on and on about Pep. I'm not a big fan of doing things just for color/race, but I do respect the hell out of Dungy. He's at minimum sincere with everything he says. 

Yeah, Dungy is a man of high character. Definitely respect that man.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Isn't this the truth.

Still thinking about the commentators in the 2 Texans game this year still makes me a little nauseous.

disgusted ace ventura GIF

I was talking more about the current situation, but yes, overall they've always gushed about him. And yes, it's been nauseating lol. Overall the media is 99% player sided. That's not surprising given all the players in the media. It's also why I take most sports media with a grain of salt. Even the reporters that aren't x-players, they have to kiss the current players behinds if they want access. It's all pretty slimy just like non-sports media. 

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I like Lovie. Not as a HC, but as a guy and a staffer. IMO, another hire that will make Houston look good in the diversity area, and limit Watson's (and others) critical narrative. 

You know Pep Hamilton is their QB coach right?

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yep. We were talking about that last night I think in the Sirianni or QB coach thread. 

Lovie should improve the defense if they give him time. Wonder if they are still keeping the Tim Kelly dude at OC?

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Hes had some successful squads as a head coach but they always have trouble on offense.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Lovie should improve the defense if they give him time. Wonder if they are still keeping the Tim Kelly dude at OC?

Well, Kelly was OC and QB last year, and Pep just took the QB portion at minimum. Honestly I'm surprised Kelly is still around. IIRC he's been in Houston for a while. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/30/deshaun-watson-scrubs-texans-from-his-social-media-accounts/

A day after Texans G.M. Nick Caserio said of Watson, “[W]e have zero interest in trading the player,” Watson has made some changes to his social media accounts: He has removed all references to the Texans.

Watson now refers to himself as “athlete,” a possible slap at Caserio calling Watson as “the player.” (Others in the league definitely noticed that remark.)

Where it goes from here remains to be seen. Despite Caserio’s “zero interest” line, he did not take a hard-line position that Watson won’t be traded, and that he’ll play for the Texans or no one.

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Oh I won't argue they've been boneheads. Watson just added to it though, which lends credence to what some say (the locker room has been full of divas and poison). Put me in the category of Foxsport (I think Jonas Knox and a few others) who haven't bent over to kiss the Watson's behind. I know there's a lot of media out there in the Watson camp, but many call him a drama queen, etc. too. It was not to long ago he was being all emotional after getting his big new contract saying how great Houston was... 

I have no sympathy for Watson.  He signed a huge contract in September.  The Texans haven't been suddenly poorly run.  They made the Hopkins trade before September.  

Watson needs to shut up.   I do hope he gets traded out of the division though.

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Watson can’t go to another team unless the Texans decide to let him.

They do that and they will be the scoundrels of the NFL. They can fine him for all preseason activities even before the preseason games then continue to fine him through the season. They can sit him. Now which of these options will go over best with the fans????????? Who is holding the trump card?

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

They do that and they will be the scoundrels of the NFL. They can fine him for all preseason activities even before the preseason games then continue to fine him through the season. They can sit him. Now which of these options will go over best with the fans????????? Who is holding the trump card?

Well a star player asking to be trading and force his way out p isn’t going to get the fan base on his side either.  Also they hold the trump card because they don’t have to trade him.  As I pointed out before they are not a well run franchise.  They might very well hold on to him to prove they are in control and not the players because yes that franchise is that poorly run.

10 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Watson doesn't control it

Sure he does .You re talking paperwork and he has already wiped himself with that. He can control it by refusing to participate in any team activities. Let's see what the * in the front office do or perhaps the new HC who declares Watson will be there proving only he is dumber or as dumb as previous coaches. It is a guessing game right now but the current rhetoric is Watson feels deeply he is leaving one way or another. The milk is already spoiled so they cant load it with sugar to make it tempting to taste.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well a star player asking to be trading and force his way out p isn’t going to get the fan base on his side either.  Also they hold the trump card because they don’t have to trade him.  As I pointed out before they are not a well run franchise.  They might very well hold on to him to prove they are in control and not the players because yes that franchise is that poorly run.

Never happen. Mess with the best player the team has ever had? Never happen.

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Hopkins and Watt are the best players they have ever had

You need to get some rest. You declare they will never trade Watson which is wrong and now you declare Hopkins (now a Cardinal) is more valuable to them over Watson!!?? Watt on defense cannot be compare to Watson's contribution and potential contribution on offense. Watt will also not be back next year. I believe the Texans have eight picks in the coming draft now imagine what they could get to add to that list for Watson.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well they have already messed with him that’s how they got in this mess in the first place.

The cards are on the table now so lets see how both sides play their hand. New Orleans is just a shot away and the Jets may be eager to hand over a bunch of first rounders. We shall see. 

On 1/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, EastStreet said:

They traded Hopkins and Clowney and got nothing worthwhile in return. Hopkins might have been the best WR in the NFL this past season. That is enough to want to get out and he can only do that by outing management. I don't blame him for that at all. It is all part of the game.

Archived