Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson Officially Requests Trade


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bill O' Brien must be back calling the shots :banana:

Nah. Reid thought enough about him to give him an AHC title. So did Harbaugh. 

 

Watson would also look bad if he criticized the hire..... That said, not saying this helps Watson stay, it just makes it harder for Watson to be critical of the HC hiring process while walking out the door. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Grief this situation seems to have triggered some and is no longer any kind of a discussion Closing

I think he will sit out if Houston doesn't trade him. That team is a mess.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nah. Reid thought enough about him to give him an AHC title. So did Harbaugh. 

 

Watson would also look bad if he criticized the hire..... That said, not saying this helps Watson stay, it just makes it harder for Watson to be critical of the HC hiring process while walking out the door. 

I have to be honest, I know very little about him. I do know Watson wanted Eric Bienemy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to be honest, I know very little about him. I do know Watson wanted Eric Bienemy.

I don't either, just read some articles and his wiki page. 

 

Any diversity hire though looks good on Caserio, and deflates Watson's ability to be critical of the HC hire, or even the hiring of Caserio. 

 

Tables are turned a bit IMO. Now Watson could look even more diva-ish if he wants to leave one of only 3 teams in the NFL with an African American HC. 

 

Always happy to see more diversity in the coaching ranks, and this was strategically a smooth move by Caserio. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't either, just read some articles and his wiki page. 

 

Any diversity hire though looks good on Caserio, and deflates Watson's ability to be critical of the HC hire, or even the hiring of Caserio. 

 

Tables are turned a bit IMO. Now Watson could look even more diva-ish if he wants to leave one of only 3 teams in the NFL with an African American HC. 

 

Always happy to see more diversity in the coaching ranks, and this was strategically a smooth move by Caserio. 

This is true. I think Watson is still gone but it is a guess. He just acts like he wants out of Houston.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is true. I think Watson is still gone but it is a guess. He just acts like he wants out of Houston.

I think he's gone too, but this move takes me from 90% gone to 60% gone lol... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

We will see.

Look at it like this. Houston is in for a rebuild without Watson. They will have the draft capital for a quick rebuild if they do trade Watson. Culley will have his work cut out for him if Watson leaves regardless. If Culley fails and they part with him in 2-3 years, Houston still helped their image. If Watson stays, Culley will be under pressure immediately. Either way, it's up to him to sink or swim, but either way, Houston (the org) wins.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wowza!!! Eberflus is probably happy he didn't go there then. 

 

I am thinking the 49ers' earlier first round picks would be better used for Watson than for Stafford, 100%

 

I would not be shocked if the 49ers give up 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders at least for Watson and that would definitely be one of the teams Watson would not mind playing for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Predicted this last night in the Cully thread.   The perfect out come he is traded to SF is and out of conference and Stafford is traded to Colts and is out of conference.  

 

Yep. Watson would be out of the division and conference, will be nice.

 

He will prefer SF or WFT over Broncos and Jets, IMO. Unlike SF, WFT's Dan Snyder is crazy enough to give up 3 first rounders while SF might just give the Texans 2 first rounders and Jimmy G in a swap. WFT really has no one to give in a swap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

Yep. Watson would be out of the division and conference, will be nice.

 

He will prefer SF or WFT over Broncos and Jets, IMO. Unlike SF, WFT's Dan Snyder is crazy enough to give up 3 first rounders while SF might just give the Texans 2 first rounders and Jimmy G in a swap. WFT really has no one to give in a swap.

Yep.  And I consider Lynch an aggressive GM as well.  He has a no trade clause so I can see him pushing SF.  After being in Houston I can see him wanting no part of Snyder.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Predicted this last night in the Cully thread.   The perfect out come he is traded to SF is and out of conference and Stafford is traded to Colts and is out of conference.  

Who wins the SB 

 

crystal ball animation GIF by Hey Pantarei

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

You really have to screw up to make a guy like  Watson mad. On top of being a great QB he is a good kid.

 

You know what, if they get 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders from SF, it may not be a bad thing along with Jimmy G.

 

They started with Watson and he developed. I agree it is a re-set button but as a new HC and new GM, it might be a fresh start they would not mind without ongoing headaches. They will have all THEIR guys that want to play for them, IMO. Watson is their BIGGEST bargaining chip to recoup that draft equity right now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me dumb but I would still want Darnold potentially over Stafford if Watson went to jets and Darnold became available.  Only because I do think he's got potential to be great and he's younger. The Colts, as Irsay stated, believe they are in win now mode so this might lean them toward Stafford. 

 

Either way, throw Ya Sin to Dallas for Gallup... Get 'er done!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Call me dumb but I would still want Darnold potentially over Stafford if Watson went to jets and Darnold became available.  Only because I do think he's got potential to be great and he's younger. The Colts, as Irsay stated, believe they are in win now mode so this might lean them toward Stafford. 

 

Either way, throw Ya Sin to Dallas for Gallup... Get 'er done!!

Financially speaking Darnold would be the smart move would only cost 4.7 i believe 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You really have to screw up to make a guy like  Watson mad. On top of being a great QB he is a good kid.

Watson should request a trade here just to stick it to Houston, that organization is garbage. He has a no trade clause so has huge leverage. He should come here and play for a winning franchise that has been to 2 SB's (winning 1) and 5 AFC Title Games. We have a tradition here in Indy of having great QB's too as in Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, and Rivers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If SF gets Watson there is another QB gone in the draft. Although if Jimmy G included they could put it off for a year. There isn’t enough QB in the draft for all these guys drafting that high. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for Watson. The Texans have pretty much done everything wrong by not including him in the hiring process. That said, they could build a very good team by trading him.

 

I wish we could get him, but it's close to a 0.01% chance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Call me dumb but I would still want Darnold potentially over Stafford if Watson went to jets and Darnold became available.  Only because I do think he's got potential to be great and he's younger. The Colts, as Irsay stated, believe they are in win now mode so this might lean them toward Stafford. 

 

Either way, throw Ya Sin to Dallas for Gallup... Get 'er done!!

I am not going to call you dumb because I am nice but no way is Darnold a better choice than Stafford. Not even close.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not going to call you dumb because I am nice but no way is Darnold a better choice than Stafford. Not even close.

At this point in careers I agree. In Darnold you have years to potentially build on, in Stafford you have 4-5 maybe and that's it. Colts taking Stafford now means it's SB in the next 3-4 years or it's a fail. With Darnold that 3-4 year window could extend to 5-7, that's all Im saying

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Rooting so hard for him to go to the Jets if Colts don't get him.  Would love for the AFCE to have Allen and Watson.

 

I think the Texans would be happy to send him to the NFC. 49ers or WFT or even the Panthers might be candidates.

 

Jets or Broncos will probably be low on Watson's choice list. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet he ends up in MIami. They have the draft capital where they can include another first this year. Texans May end up with Fields or Wilson.

If Texans were smart they would just take the picks, especially if its from a team like Jets. Then texans use both top 5 picks on QB's. Let's say Fields and Wilson. Then trade away one next year in a much shallower draft class of QB's for more high future picks

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet he ends up in MIami. They have the draft capital where they can include another first this year. Texans May end up with Fields or Wilson.

 

Miami might give them 2 first rounders and Tua if they are interested. That would be hard to refuse. 

 

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If Texans were smart they would just take the picks, especially if its from a team like Jets. Then texans use both top 5 picks on QB's. Let's say Fields and Wilson. Then trade away one next year in a much shallower draft class of QB's for more high future picks

 

Just like with Stafford, Watson will have his choice of team, as long as the picks are reasonable return for the Texans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If Texans were smart they would just take the picks, especially if its from a team like Jets. Then texans use both top 5 picks on QB's. Let's say Fields and Wilson. Then trade away one next year in a much shallower draft class of QB's for more high future picks

That would be crazy. Let them battle and see which one you like best then trade the other. Woah that would be insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That would be crazy. Let them battle and see which one you like best then trade the other. Woah that would be insane.

It would seem to go step for step with the rest of their logic so far... I mean why not, they've come this far. Keep the Crazy train rolling...:funny:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no reason for Houston to not trade him.  They are going to get quite a package in return.  I think the new team running the Texans will realize the quicker they move on the better for all the parties.  Playing hardball will get them no where.   Why force a guy to be there.  Makes no sense.  Just put him out there like Detroit did with Stafford and move on.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Drafting a QB at 21 means you have no faith in Wentz whatsoever    You have buried him before he even threw a pass  
    • Well, Lebron won in his 2nd year with Miami and Lakers.  Mahomes won it in his 2nd year as starter with not many free agents added but the defense started playing better under Spags.     Lot of things need to come together. With Brees, White, Peyton, Brady, the bigger commonality was the play of the O-line being able to run the ball to maintain balance and the defense playing at a high level resulting in key turnovers in the playoffs. That was also a factor for Mahomes and the year his OL did not show up, we saw what happened in the last SB, like with Peyton in his first SB vs Seahawks as a Bronco with not much defensive support and OL play.   Thus, the ultimate factor in all of the above instances - get good scoring defense / turnovers from your defense and have an OL that can protect the QB and help you stay balanced on offense come playoff time. Then your marquee QB can make the plays necessary when needed instead of being solely relied on to win you games.
    • Really wished it was every week, make it more organized.
    • Yes - it looked for a while that Detroit might turn things around early on with Stafford.  He has talent but maybe he needed some better coaching to help him avoid his big mistakes which he would make with some regularity.  Maybe - I have no idea who his QB coaches were and I am not going to look it up.  And I do think his injuries played a part.  The multiple shoulder separation injuries are no joke.    I think had Stafford come to Indy he would have been put in a great situation to excel just like Wentz now has that opportunity.  Both guys now have some baggage and need help to turn their careers around and they are both getting that opportunity.  I would still like to see Stafford do well and the Rams might be a great place for him also.     Either way, I'm glad we didn't give up what the Rams did for Stafford.   
    • Will probably be across 2 weeks, wish we could have spread it across 3 weeks, Rounds 1-2, Rounds 3-4 and Rounds 5-7. Maybe like previous mocks, we end up doing only 4 rounds, don't know.    March, because of Spring break plans for so many, beginning of April seems to be the sweet spot to start things, just after most of free agency is done. We are behind by 2 weeks, IMO, sorry for the late start. We will learn for next year.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...