Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson Officially Requests Trade

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bill O' Brien must be back calling the shots :banana:

Nah. Reid thought enough about him to give him an AHC title. So did Harbaugh. 

Watson would also look bad if he criticized the hire..... That said, not saying this helps Watson stay, it just makes it harder for Watson to be critical of the HC hiring process while walking out the door. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What makes you think that people of color -- overall -- do not get a fair shot? Is it only apparent when "people of color" make up half or more of the positions in every high front office job? Since t

Predicted this last night in the Cully thread.   The perfect out come he is traded to SF is and out of conference and Stafford is traded to Colts and is out of conference.  

I think he will sit out if Houston doesn't trade him. That team is a mess.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nah. Reid thought enough about him to give him an AHC title. So did Harbaugh. 

Watson would also look bad if he criticized the hire..... That said, not saying this helps Watson stay, it just makes it harder for Watson to be critical of the HC hiring process while walking out the door. 

I have to be honest, I know very little about him. I do know Watson wanted Eric Bienemy.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to be honest, I know very little about him. I do know Watson wanted Eric Bienemy.

I don't either, just read some articles and his wiki page. 

Any diversity hire though looks good on Caserio, and deflates Watson's ability to be critical of the HC hire, or even the hiring of Caserio. 

Tables are turned a bit IMO. Now Watson could look even more diva-ish if he wants to leave one of only 3 teams in the NFL with an African American HC. 

Always happy to see more diversity in the coaching ranks, and this was strategically a smooth move by Caserio. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Any diversity hire though looks good on Caserio, and deflates Watson's ability to be critical of the HC hire, or even the hiring of Caserio. 

Tables are turned a bit IMO. Now Watson could look even more diva-ish if he wants to leave one of only 3 teams in the NFL with an African American HC. 

Always happy to see more diversity in the coaching ranks, and this was strategically a smooth move by Caserio. 

This is true. I think Watson is still gone but it is a guess. He just acts like he wants out of Houston.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is true. I think Watson is still gone but it is a guess. He just acts like he wants out of Houston.

I think he's gone too, but this move takes me from 90% gone to 60% gone lol... 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So are we saying race has become more important then ability?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

So are we saying race has become more important then ability?  Asking for a friend.

Your friend should know David Culley has plenty of ability. 

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

I don't like race being a factor at all, but it is a hot button these days.... But who said his race was more important than his ability?

I like Culley because both Reid and Harbaugh thought enough of him to give him and Assistant Head Coach title. That's two of the better coaches these days.

Regardless of how you look at it, it was a savvy move in the context of the Watson situation.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

We will see.

Look at it like this. Houston is in for a rebuild without Watson. They will have the draft capital for a quick rebuild if they do trade Watson. Culley will have his work cut out for him if Watson leaves regardless. If Culley fails and they part with him in 2-3 years, Houston still helped their image. If Watson stays, Culley will be under pressure immediately. Either way, it's up to him to sink or swim, but either way, Houston (the org) wins.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I read he was trying to get lovie smith on his staff.

10 hours ago, ojsglove said:

No we are not saying it.  Apparently, Watson has been saying it, at least making it a litmus component.   

And some how, it hasn't gotten him trouble; but rather, talking internet heads have elevated him to a point where teams are supposed to give 3 first round draft picks for the honor of having him on their team.  LOL.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DougDew said:

No we are not saying it.  Apparently, Watson has been saying it, at least making it a litmus component.   

And some how, it hasn't gotten him trouble; but rather, talking internet heads have elevated him to a point where teams are supposed to give 3 first round draft picks for the honor of having him on their team.  LOL.

Where did Watson say that?  

Wowza!!! Eberflus is probably happy he didn't go there then. 

I am thinking the 49ers' earlier first round picks would be better used for Watson than for Stafford, 100%

I would not be shocked if the 49ers give up 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders at least for Watson and that would definitely be one of the teams Watson would not mind playing for. 

29 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Sounds to me like Watson said it. 

I've been looking and I can't find any actual quotes from Watson saying anything like that. The only actual quote about a head coach he made was:

"I mean, we just need a whole culture shift. We just need new energy. We need discipline, we need structure, we need a leader so we can follow that leader as players. That's what we need. We've got to have the love of not just the game of football, because that's what we do, but the love for people and the people in this organization."

I think his comments about the organization as a whole, with regards to the racist (some may say they were only "racially insensitive") comments prior owner Bob McNair made and BoB allegedly made to Hopkins, reflect a culture of racism that has festered throughout the organization.

There were musing that Watson preferred Bienemy, but those musings never mentioned it was due to race, although assumptions were made. What QB wouldn't want the OC for one of the most high powered offenses in the league to be his HC? Especially one that is talked about in such high esteem by his players.

I honestly think as soon as McNair asked for his input, then essentially told him to go kick rocks, he was done there.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Predicted this last night in the Cully thread.   The perfect out come he is traded to SF is and out of conference and Stafford is traded to Colts and is out of conference.  

Yep. Watson would be out of the division and conference, will be nice.

He will prefer SF or WFT over Broncos and Jets, IMO. Unlike SF, WFT's Dan Snyder is crazy enough to give up 3 first rounders while SF might just give the Texans 2 first rounders and Jimmy G in a swap. WFT really has no one to give in a swap.

Just now, chad72 said:

Yep. Watson would be out of the division and conference, will be nice.

He will prefer SF or WFT over Broncos and Jets, IMO. Unlike SF, WFT's Dan Snyder is crazy enough to give up 3 first rounders while SF might just give the Texans 2 first rounders and Jimmy G in a swap. WFT really has no one to give in a swap.

Yep.  And I consider Lynch an aggressive GM as well.  He has a no trade clause so I can see him pushing SF.  After being in Houston I can see him wanting no part of Snyder.  

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Who wins the SB 

crystal ball animation GIF by Hey Pantarei

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Shive said:

I've been looking and I can't find any actual quotes from Watson saying anything like that. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on in this thread.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

You really have to screw up to make a guy like  Watson mad. On top of being a great QB he is a good kid.

You know what, if they get 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders from SF, it may not be a bad thing along with Jimmy G.

They started with Watson and he developed. I agree it is a re-set button but as a new HC and new GM, it might be a fresh start they would not mind without ongoing headaches. They will have all THEIR guys that want to play for them, IMO. Watson is their BIGGEST bargaining chip to recoup that draft equity right now.

• Like 3

Call me dumb but I would still want Darnold potentially over Stafford if Watson went to jets and Darnold became available.  Only because I do think he's got potential to be great and he's younger. The Colts, as Irsay stated, believe they are in win now mode so this might lean them toward Stafford. 

Either way, throw Ya Sin to Dallas for Gallup... Get 'er done!!

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Call me dumb but I would still want Darnold potentially over Stafford if Watson went to jets and Darnold became available.  Only because I do think he's got potential to be great and he's younger. The Colts, as Irsay stated, believe they are in win now mode so this might lean them toward Stafford. 

Financially speaking Darnold would be the smart move would only cost 4.7 i believe 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You really have to screw up to make a guy like  Watson mad. On top of being a great QB he is a good kid.

Watson should request a trade here just to stick it to Houston, that organization is garbage. He has a no trade clause so has huge leverage. He should come here and play for a winning franchise that has been to 2 SB's (winning 1) and 5 AFC Title Games. We have a tradition here in Indy of having great QB's too as in Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, and Rivers.

• Like 2

If SF gets Watson there is another QB gone in the draft. Although if Jimmy G included they could put it off for a year. There isn’t enough QB in the draft for all these guys drafting that high. 

I feel bad for Watson. The Texans have pretty much done everything wrong by not including him in the hiring process. That said, they could build a very good team by trading him.

I wish we could get him, but it's close to a 0.01% chance.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I am not going to call you dumb because I am nice but no way is Darnold a better choice than Stafford. Not even close.

• Like 1