Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans To Hire David Culley

I don't think the Texans is a great situation, with or without DeShaun Watson, but i'm happy to see David Culley get a shot as a head coach. He was a wide receivers coach for Andy Reid for a number of years but left in 2017 (he was 62 then) to be the Bills QB coach. Even at in his 60s he wanted to become a head coach and the chance to coach QBs would put him in a better position to do so. Then he goes to the Ravens last year as their Passing Game Coordinator and now he gets a shot. I just admire him for still having that kind of drive in his career when most are probably thinking about retirement. (and to take some chances to make it happen)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Wow! I thought the Texans were dumb when they Bill O'Brien run the franchise. Now they really want to push their franchise QB out the door. Keep up the good work Texans management! 

tenor.gif

Why would this push him out the door?  Culley is a very well respected coach and has been doing it a long time

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would this push him out the door?  Culley is a very well respected coach and has been doing it a long time

I don't remember ever hearing even once that Culley was someone that Watson suggested to the Texans. I'm not saying he is the wrong choice, I'm just saying that for a franchise that has already alienated their best player it may have not been the best move they could have made. Who knows he may have presented Texans management his plan on how to smooth things over with Watson and convince him to stay. Culley could turn out to be a great hire but on initial appearance it looks like a head scratcher to hire someone in their 60's who has never even been a coordinator at the NFL level to be the head coach. 

I wish him the best in this job. It won't be easy with Bill O'Brien having given away many of their draft picks and now Watson wanting out. I would not give in to Watson's request to be traded. He is under contract and the team has no obligation to trade him. He won't sit out. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I don't remember ever hearing even once that Culley was someone that Watson suggested to the Texans. I'm not saying he is the wrong choice, I'm just saying that for a franchise that has already alienated their best player it may have not been the best move they could have made. Who knows he may have presented Texans management his plan on how to smooth things over with Watson and convince him to stay. Culley could turn out to be a great hire but on initial appearance it looks like a head scratcher to hire someone in their 60's who has never even been a coordinator at the NFL level to be the head coach. 

It may be a head scratcher but Watson is not the owner nor the one in charge of the hiring and firing. 

Like I said, Watson has a chance to take control and lead the Texans, or he can run. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wish him the best in this job. It won't be easy with Bill O'Brien having given away many of their draft picks and now Watson wanting out. I would not give in to Watson's request to be traded. He is under contract and the team has no obligation to trade him. He won't sit out. 

What if Watson says, if you don't trade me I will just the season out? He has a ton of money so that is possible. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

No maybe not. But unlike Levon Bell sitting out, Watson could do it and come right back the next season and light it up. Plus if he does decide he wants to be out, the Texans have no resources to go get his replacement without a trade.  Imagine your starting QB sitting out thru all the training camps and OTAs all off season. While you have no draft picks to replace him. Or worse yet, he pulls an Andrew Luck because they won’t trade him and simply retires at the last minute. Texans would be way worse off than we were with Brissett. They’d be bottom feeders for years. 

• Like 1

Not sure why Watson gets a pass on trying to bully an organization into hiring a coach he wants.  Did he word the bullying correctly?

He sounds like a locker room cancer that I doubt any HC would want on their team.  Great athlete and play making abilities when not following script (or able too?), but a net detriment considering how he would require an entire organization to cower to his wishes.  If Watson treats ownership and coaches this way, could you imagine if you were a player he didn't like.

I wouldn't give a 7th rounder for a player with that attitude.  He should probably go to social media and display some humility.

But maybe he approves of Culley, so now the organization can move forward if they have their QBs blessing.

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Players don't get to hire coaches.   They kept the OC to keep Watson happy. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if Watson says, if you don't trade me I will just the season out? He has a ton of money so that is possible. 

We don't have a clue on Watson's money situation.

We don't know what type of bills he has and what he does and doesn't have as far as money.

He sits out he don't get paid and then there are fines added to what he owes the team back. 

I really don't think he has as much leverage as you might think. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

No maybe not. But unlike Levon Bell sitting out, Watson could do it and come right back the next season and light it up. Plus if he does decide he wants to be out, the Texans have no resources to go get his replacement without a trade.  Imagine your starting QB sitting out thru all the training camps and OTAs all off season. While you have no draft picks to replace him. Or worse yet, he pulls an Andrew Luck because they won’t trade him and simply retires at the last minute. Texans would be way worse off than we were with Brissett. They’d be bottom feeders for years. 

I highly doubt Watson is going to retire and walk away. Not with that type of money. I don't know his personal finances but if he has high dollar bills to pay he has to work. 

42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We don't have a clue on Watson's money situation.

We don't know what type of bills he has and what he does and doesn't have as far as money.

He sits out he don't get paid and then there are fines added to what he owes the team back. 

I really don't think he has as much leverage as you might think. 

Maybe but I seriously doubt he goes broke sitting out 1 year, if so he must be the worse person of all-time to handle money. He just made a boat load of money last season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt Watson is going to retire and walk away. Not with that type of money. I don't know his personal finances but if he has high dollar bills to pay he has to work. 

Oh I doubt it too. It just depends on exactly how mad he is and what he’s willing to give and take on. No one but him and his inner circle know that

• Like 2
13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

May not be a popular opinion but I think Watson should become a leader. 

Like it or not the Texans are Watson's team to lead. 

It is a crap organization and 1 man can't win Titles in football as you know. They took Hopkins away from him and have done nothing to improve their defense. Now they have a headcoach that has never been one before. If I was Watson I would never play another down for those clowns.

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe but I seriously doubt he goes broke sitting out 1 year, if so he must be the worse person of all-time to handle money. He just made a boat load of money last season.

Yeah but we both know what he was paid in a contract is not close to the actual money he received. 

If the Texan's decide to play hardball it will be Watson who will hurt himself in the long rum IMO.

He can complain and say a lot of things but he did sign the contract and the Texans hold the cards. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is a crap organization and 1 man can't win Titles in football as you know. They took Hopkins away from him and have done nothing to improve their defense. Now they have a headcoach that has never been one before. If I was Watson I would never play another down for those clowns.

So you would never make another dollar playing football? 

Saying what you would do if you were him does not mean he will walk away from millions and millions of dollars. 

Like it or not the Texan's are holding the flush while he is holding two pair. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah but we both know what he was paid in a contract is not close to the actual money he received. 

If the Texan's decide to play hardball it will be Watson who will hurt himself in the long rum IMO.

He can complain and say a lot of things but he did sign the contract and the Texans hold the cards. 

True but I am sure he isn't hurting for money. I would hope not, if so that is terrible. We don't know his bills, I am sure they are large but he should be ok IMO.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you would never make another dollar playing football? 

Saying what you would do if you were him does not mean he will walk away from millions and millions of dollars. 

Like it or not the Texan's are holding the flush while he is holding two pair. 

He has a no trade clause, he can go where he wants. He has a Royal Flush, Ace high.

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh I doubt it too. It just depends on exactly how mad he is and what he’s willing to give and take on. No one but him and his inner circle know that

Very true. As fans we can say what we would or wouldn't do but till you wear those shoes, it's hard to say.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has a no trade clause, he can go where he wants. He has a Royal Flush, Ace high.

He is under contract. It's his choice either to play or walk. So no, he don't hold the winning hand. 

They don't have to trade him or pay him if he don't play. 

He is under contract. It's his choice either to play or walk. So no, he don't hold the winning hand. 

They don't have to trade him or pay him if he don't play. 

You have to factor in, if he doesn't like where they want to trade him and refuses to go then Houston gets nothing and they are screwed. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to factor in, if he doesn't like where they want to trade him and refuses to go then Houston gets nothing and they are screwed. 

Neither does he. 

Neither does he. 

True but do you really think Houston wants to be a doormat. If that team doesn't have Watson they could go 0-16. There is no Luck or Lawrence coming out next year. Watson to me holds a lot of cards. This is easy to me, if I was Watson I would just request a trade to a team I want to go too and then Houston get 2 or 3 picks. Both sides win.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but do you really think Houston wants to be a doormat. If that team doesn't have Watson they could go 0-16. There is no Luck or Lawrence coming out next year. Watson to me holds a lot of cards. This is easy to me, if I was Watson I would just request a trade to a team I want to go too and then Houston get 2 or 3 picks. Both sides win.

This is a no win for both parties. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Bieniemy - something smells afoul. Everyone says he is the best but does not get the job. Now explain that.

He has had off field issues for a few things that included DUIs and assaults. 

That may be a few years ago but passing a background check is part of getting (or not getting) a lot of jobs. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Bieniemy - something smells afoul. Everyone says he is the best but does not get the job. Now explain that.

What do you think is the foul smell? 

They should trade Watson imo.  they will be screwed if they dont and he sits out

He wont be happy if he does come back, who wants to be a part of a team if the star QB doesn't want to be there?

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

What do you think is the foul smell? 

Heck if I know but this makes no sense, He has interviewed with six teams and no offer. Houston, the team that was handed official docs by Watson saying "I am leaving". So add Watt not returning, Culley the new HC will be a loser for a couple years and then be fired.  List the wrongs with Bieniemy's resume to justify not hiring him. The only thing i can come up with is he is the worst interview in history.

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

I would not give in to his demands. Most of the time it does not work out in the team's best interests.

When Adrian Peterson's agent Ben Dogra claimed that AP would never play again for the Vikings, Zimmer said, "I’m not going to speculate on what he wants or doesn’t want. He’s under contract for three more years with us and that’s why you sign these contracts, and why you get these big bonuses."

Later, Zimmer added, "He's got two choices. He can play for us or not play," 

That is exactly how I see it. Watson got paid. He should show some leadership and loyalty to the team that paid him. (I like Watson a lot but I completely disagree with this. It is selfish.)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Will be updated later with GMs and timeslot   Round 1 1) Jacksonville Jaguars 2) New York Jets 3) San Francisco 49ers (from Houston Texans through Miami Dolphins) 4) Atlanta Falcons 5) Cincinnati Bengals 6) Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles) 7) Detroit Lions 8) Carolina Panthers 9) Denver Broncos 10) Dallas Cowboys 11) New York Giants 12) Philadelphia Eagles (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) 13) Los Angeles Chargers 14) Minnesota Vikings 15) New England Patriots 16) Arizona Cardinals 17) Las Vegas Raiders 18) Miami Dolphins 19) Washington Football Team 20) Chicago Bears 21) Indianapolis Colts 22) Tennessee Titans 23) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) 24) Pittsburgh Steelers 25) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams) 26) Cleveland Browns 27) Baltimore Ravens 28) New Orleans Saints 29) Green Bay Packers 30) Buffalo Bills 31) Kansas City Chiefs 32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Do NOT post in this thread. It will be locked shortly.    Guys - This is an info only thread. It will be locked, and updated throughout the mock draft by @NFLfan.    Contents: Helpful links to research/plan your draft NFL.com's big board (post #1) - NFLfan will "cut" each pick from the big board, and paste into the draft order as we progress through the mock. Each round will have it's own post (#2+... ) of draft order.    In short, use this thread to keep up to date on prospects still available. This is one of many big boards. Here are some other helpful links. NFL.com's full big board (with player profiles) https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects?year=2021 PFF's big board https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2021 Draft guru big boards - Defense http://draftboardguru.com/valuedef/ Offense - http://draftboardguru.com/valueoff/ Full Draft order (all 7 rounds) - https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-order-for-all-seven-rounds Full draft capital (helpful when looking at trades) - http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings Team needs TDN - https://thedraftnetwork.com/team-needs PFF - https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-team-needs-after-2021-free-agency-2021-nfl-draft CBS (includes FA adds and losses - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-order-team-needs-post-free-agency-49ers-trade-up-and-dolphins-eagles-trade-down/ Draft history by team (if you want to look back the last few years) - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/     NFL.com's Big Board (top 340)   7.3-7.5 Perennial All-Pro Trevor Lawrence  CLEMSON  7.40  QB      7.0-7.29 Pro Bowl Talent Kyle Pitts  FLORIDA  7.19  TE     Devonta Smith  ALABAMA  7.13  WR     Ja'marr Chase  LSU  7.12  WR     Patrick Surtain Ii  ALABAMA  7.02  CB       6.7-7.0 Year 1 Quality Starter Micah Parsons  PENN STATE  6.89  LB     Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah  NOTRE DAME  6.82 LB Jaylen Waddle  ALABAMA  6.81  WR     Penei Sewell  OREGON  6.73  OT     Travis Etienne  CLEMSON  6.71  RB Rashawn Slater  NORTHWESTERN 6.70     OT     Christian Barmore  ALABAMA  6.70  DT   6.3-6.5 Will be a Starter Within the First Two Seasons Zach Wilson  BRIGHAM YOUNG  6.50  QB Trey Lance  NORTH DAKOTA STATE  6.47  QB Jaycee Horn  SOUTH CAROLINA  6.46    CB     Najee Harris  ALABAMA  6.46    RB     Justin Fields  OHIO STATE  6.45    QB     Christian Darrisaw  VIRGINIA TECH  6.45  OT     Jayson Oweh  PENN STATE  6.44  EDGE     Alijah Vera-Tucker  USC  6.43    G     Elijah Moore  MISSISSIPPI  6.43      WR Azeez Ojulari  GEORGIA  6.42    EDGE Teven Jenkins  OKLAHOMA STATE  6.42  OT Landon Dickerson  ALABAMA  6.42  C Javonte Williams  NORTH CAROLINA  6.40  RB  Kwity Paye  MICHIGAN  6.40  EDGE Greg Newsome Ii  NORTHWESTERN  6.40  CB Jaelan Phillips  MIAMI (FLA.)  6.39  EDGE   Zaven Collins  TULSA  6.39  LB Caleb Farley  VIRGINIA TECH  6.38  CB Tyson Campbell  GEORGIA  6.37  CB Kadarius Toney  FLORIDA  6.36    WR     Trevon Moehrig  TCU  6.35    SAF     Jamin Davis  KENTUCKY  6.35    LB     Terrace Marshall Jr.  LSU  6.34    WR     Greg Rousseau  MIAMI (FLA.)  6.33    EDGE     Mac Jones  ALABAMA  6.33    QB     Nick Bolton  MISSOURI  6.33    LB     Tommy Tremble  NOTRE DAME  6.32    TE     Joe Tryon  WASHINGTON  6.31    EDGE Eric Stokes  GEORGIA  6.31    CB     Chris Rumph Ii  DUKE  6.31    EDGE     Levi Onwuzurike  WASHINGTON  6.31    DT     Quinn Meinerz  WIS.-WHITEWATER  6.31    C     Tylan Wallace  OKLAHOMA STATE  6.30    WR     Aaron Robinson  UCF  6.30    CB     Jamar Johnson  INDIANA  6.30    SAF     Pat Freiermuth  PENN STATE  6.30    TE 6.1-6.29 Good Backup Who Could Become Starter     Boogie Basham  WAKE FOREST  6.29    DE     Aaron Banks  NOTRE DAME  6.29    G     Alex Leatherwood  ALABAMA  6.28    OT     Nico Collins  MICHIGAN  6.28    WR     Payton Turner  HOUSTON  6.27    DE     Joseph Ossai  TEXAS  6.27    EDGE     Dayo Odeyingbo  VANDERBILT  6.27    EDGE     Stone Forsythe  FLORIDA  6.27    OT     Liam Eichenberg  NOTRE DAME  6.27    OT     Baron Browning  OHIO STATE  6.27    LB     Rashod Bateman  MINNESOTA  6.27    WR     Ifeatu Melifonwu  SYRACUSE  6.26    CB Cade Johnson  SOUTH DAKOTA STATE  6.26    WR Creed Humphrey  OKLAHOMA  6.26    C     Jabril Cox  LSU  6.26    LB     Sam Cosmi  TEXAS  6.26    OT     Milton Williams  LOUISIANA TECH  6.25    DT     Amari Rodgers  CLEMSON  6.25    WR     Robert Rochell  CENTRAL ARKANSAS  6.25    CB     Dillon Radunz  NORTH DAKOTA STATE  6.25    OT     Elijah Molden  WASHINGTON  6.25    CB     Jevon Holland  OREGON  6.25    SAF     Spencer Brown  NORTHERN IOWA  6.25    OT     Deonte Brown  ALABAMA  6.25    G     Asante Samuel Jr.  FLORIDA STATE  6.24    CB     Josh Palmer  TENNESSEE  6.24    WR     Kelvin Joseph  KENTUCKY  6.24      CB     Wyatt Davis  OHIO STATE  6.24    G     Josh Myers  OHIO STATE  6.23    C     Divine Deablo  VIRGINIA TECH  6.23    SAF     Shakur Brown  MICHIGAN STATE  6.23    CB     Paulson Adebo  STANFORD  6.23    CB     Charles Snowden  VIRGINIA  6.22    EDGE Rondale Moore  PURDUE  6.22    WR Jackson Carman  CLEMSON  6.22    G Amon-Ra St. Brown  USC  6.21    WR Cornell Powell  CLEMSON  6.21      WR Dylan Moses  ALABAMA  6.21    LB Kendrick Green  ILLINOIS  6.21    G Tyler Shelvin  LSU  6.20    DT Trey Sermon  OHIO STATE  6.20    RB     Walker Little  STANFORD  6.20    OT     Kyle Trask  FLORIDA  6.19    QB     Jaylon Moore  WESTERN MICHIGAN  6.19    OT     Brady Christensen  BRIGHAM YOUNG  6.19    OT     Dyami Brown  NORTH CAROLINA  6.19    WR Trey Smith  TENNESSEE  6.18    G     Malcolm Koonce  BUFFALO  6.18    EDGE     Ben Cleveland  GEORGIA  6.18    G     Hunter Long  BOSTON COLLEGE  6.17    TE     Richie Grant  UCF  6.17    SAF     Michael Carter  NORTH CAROLINA  6.17    RB Michal Menet  PENN STATE  6.16    C     Patrick Johnson  TULANE  6.16    EDGE     Josh Ball  MARSHALL  6.16    OT     Tamorrion Terry  FLORIDA STATE  6.15    WR Marquez Stevenson  HOUSTON  6.15    WR Austin Watkins Jr.  ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM  6.14    WR Kary Vincent Jr.  LSU  6.14    CB Chazz Surratt  NORTH CAROLINA  6.14      LB Hamsah Nasirildeen  FLORIDA STATE  6.14    SAF Davis Mills  STANFORD  6.14    QB Alim Mcneill  NORTH CAROLINA STATE  6.14    DT D'wayne Eskridge  WESTERN MICHIGAN  6.14    WR Bobby Brown Iii  TEXAS A&M  6.14    DT Jay Tufele  USC  6.13    DT Royce Newman  MISSISSIPPI  6.13    G Kenneth Gainwell  MEMPHIS  6.13    RB Ronnie Perkins  OKLAHOMA  6.12    EDGE Daviyon Nixon  IOWA  6.12    DT Kellen Mond  TEXAS A&M  6.12    QB Jalen Mayfield  MICHIGAN  6.12    OT Jermar Jefferson  OREGON STATE  6.12      RB Tyree Gillespie  MISSOURI  6.12    SAF Demetric Felton  UCLA  6.12    WR Jaylen Twyman  PITTSBURGH  6.11    DT Rhamondre Stevenson  OKLAHOMA  6.11    RB Pete Werner  OHIO STATE  6.10      LB Larry Rountree Iii  MISSOURI  6.10    RB Cameron Mcgrone  MICHIGAN  6.10    LB Buddy Johnson  TEXAS A&M  6.10    LB Chuba Hubbard  OKLAHOMA STATE  6.10    RB Jared Hocker  TEXAS A&M  6.10    G Andre Cisco  SYRACUSE  6.10    SAF   6.0 Developmental Traits-Based Prospect Christian Uphoff  ILLINOIS STATE  6.00    SAF Bryce Thompson  TENNESSEE  6.00    CB Ambry Thomas  MICHIGAN  6.00    CB Benjamin St-Juste  MINNESOTA  6.00    CB Shi Smith  SOUTH CAROLINA  6.00    WR Jordan Smith  ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM  6.00    EDGE Jamien Sherwood  AUBURN  6.00    SAF Anthony Schwartz  AUBURN  6.00    WR Cam Sample  TULANE  6.00    DT     Tre Nixon  UCF  6.00    WR     Jamie Newman  WAKE FOREST  6.00    QB     Israel Mukuamu  SOUTH CAROLINA  6.00    CB Dave Moore  GRAMBLING STATE  6.00    G Isaiah Mcduffie  BOSTON COLLEGE  6.00    LB James Hudson  CINCINNATI  6.00    OT Shaun Wade  OHIO STATE  5.99    CB Ernest Jones  SOUTH CAROLINA  5.99    LB Talanoa Hufanga  USC  5.99    SAF Kylin Hill  MISSISSIPPI STATE  5.99    RB Khalil Herbert  VIRGINIA TECH  5.99    RB Shawn Davis  FLORIDA  5.99    SAF Jose Borregales  MIAMI (FLA.)  5.99    K Rashad Weaver  PITTSBURGH  5.98    DE Shaka Toney  PENN STATE  5.98    EDGE Caden Sterns  TEXAS  5.98    SAF Jaret Patterson  BUFFALO  5.98    RB Brenden Jaimes  NEBRASKA  5.98    OT Javian Hawkins  LOUISVILLE  5.98    RB Wyatt Hubert  KANSAS STATE  5.97    DE Frank Darby  ARIZONA STATE  5.97    WR Tutu Atwell  LOUISVILLE  5.97    WR Marvin Wilson  FLORIDA STATE  5.96    DT Marco Wilson  FLORIDA  5.96    CB Jaquan Hardy  TIFFIN UNIVERSITY  5.96    RB 5.8-5.99 Backup / Special Teamer Marlon Tuipulotu  USC  5.95    DT Brevin Jordan  MIAMI (FLA.)  5.95    TE Earnest Brown Iv  NORTHWESTERN  5.95    DE Khyiris Tonga  BRIGHAM YOUNG  5.94    DT Tommy Togiai  OHIO STATE  5.94    DT Janarius Robinson  FLORIDA STATE  5.94    EDGE Monty Rice  GEORGIA  5.94    LB Shemar Jean-Charles  APPALACHIAN STATE  5.94    CB Victor Dimukeje  DUKE  5.94    EDGE Michael Carter Ii  DUKE  5.94    CB K.J. Britt  AUBURN  5.94    LB D'ante Smith  EAST CAROLINA  5.93    OT Will Sherman  COLORADO  5.93    OT Zech Mcphearson  TEXAS TECH  5.93    CB Simi Fehoko  STANFORD  5.93    WR Tommy Doyle  MIAMI (OHIO)  5.93    OT Dj Daniel  GEORGIA  5.93    CB Whop Philyor  INDIANA  5.92    WR Darren Hall  SAN DIEGO STATE  5.92    CB Landon Young  KENTUCKY  5.91    OT Darrick Forrest  CINCINNATI  5.91    SAF Tre Brown  OKLAHOMA  5.91    CB Trill Williams  SYRACUSE  5.90    SAF James Smith  CINCINNATI  5.90    P Elerson Smith  NORTHERN IOWA  5.90    EDGE Amen Ogbongbemiga  OKLAHOMA STATE  5.90    LB Patrick Jones Ii  PITTSBURGH  5.90    EDGE Robert Hainsey  NOTRE DAME  5.90    OT Sam Ehlinger  TEXAS  5.90    QB Will Bradley-King  BAYLOR  5.90    EDGE Ar'darius Washington  TCU  5.89    SAF Tony Poljan  VIRGINIA  5.89    TE Bryan Mills  NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL  5.89    CB Olaijah Griffin  USC  5.89    CB Jack Anderson  TEXAS TECH  5.89    G Jason Pinnock  PITTSBURGH  5.88    CB Racey Mcmath  LSU  5.88    WR Drew Dalman  STANFORD  5.88    C Quinton Bohanna  KENTUCKY  5.88    DT Rodarius Williams  OKLAHOMA STATE  5.87    CB Osa Odighizuwa  UCLA  5.87    DT Alaric Jackson  IOWA  5.87    OT Josh Imatorbhebhe  ILLINOIS  5.87    WR Noah Gray  DUKE  5.87    TE Sage Surratt  WAKE FOREST  5.86    WR    - Ben Skowronek  NOTRE DAME  5.86    WR Dan Moore Jr.  TEXAS A&M  5.86    OT Ihmir Smith-Marsette  IOWA  5.85    WR Evan Mcpherson  FLORIDA  5.85    K Tarron Jackson  COASTAL CAROLINA  5.85    DE Max Duffy  KENTUCKY  5.85    P Kenny Yeboah  MISSISSIPPI  5.84    TE Seth Williams  AUBURN  5.84    WR Ade Ogundeji  NOTRE DAME  5.84    DE Jerome Johnson  INDIANA  5.84    DT     Deon Jackson  DUKE  5.84    RB     Chandon Herring  BRIGHAM YOUNG  5.84    G     Chris Evans  MICHIGAN  5.84    RB Brandon Stephens  SOUTHERN METHODIST  5.83    CB Jaelon Darden  NORTH TEXAS  5.83    WR Jalen Camp  GEORGIA TECH  5.83    WR James Wiggins  CINCINNATI  5.82    SAF Sadarius Hutcherson  SOUTH CAROLINA  5.82    G Nate Hobbs  ILLINOIS  5.82    CB Will Fries  PENN STATE  5.82    G Derrick Barnes  PURDUE  5.82    LB Larry Borom  MISSOURI  5.81    G Garret Wallow  TCU  5.80    LB Tyler Vaughns  USC  5.80    WR Donovan Stiner  FLORIDA  5.80    SAF Darius Stills  WEST VIRGINIA  5.80    DT Quincy Roche  MIAMI (FLA.)  5.80    EDGE Dazz Newsome  NORTH CAROLINA  5.80    WR Jonathan Marshall  ARKANSAS  5.80    DT Roy Lopez  ARIZONA  5.80    DT Brenden Knox  MARSHALL  5.80    RB Naquan Jones MICHIGAN STATE  5.80    DT Damar Hamlin  PITTSBURGH  5.80    SAF Kylen Granson  SOUTHERN METHODIST  5.80    TE Chauncey Golston  IOWA  5.80    DE Tory Carter  LSU  5.80    FB   5.5-5.69 Chance to Make End of Roster or Practice Squad Erroll Thompson  MISSISSIPPI STATE  5.69    LB Jacoby Stevens  LSU  5.69    SAF    Senior Kene Nwangwu  IOWA STATE  5.69    RB Isaiah Mckoy  KENT STATE  5.69    WR Deommodore Lenoir  OREGON  5.69    CB Darius Hodge  MARSHALL  5.69    EDGE Drew Himmelman  ILLINOIS STATE  5.69    OT Trey Hill  GEORGIA  5.69    C Jake Funk  MARYLAND  5.69    RB Michael Dwumfour  RUTGERS  5.69    DT Ian Book  NOTRE DAME  5.69    QB Mark Webb  GEORGIA  5.68    SAF Trey Ragas  LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE  5.68    RB Briley Moore-Mckinney  KANSAS STATE  5.68    TE Drake Jackson  KENTUCKY  5.68    C Malik Herring  GEORGIA  5.68    DE Thomas Graham Jr.  OREGON 5.68    CB Dai'jean Dixon  NICHOLLS STATE  5.68    WR Zach Davidson  CENTRAL MISSOURI  5.68    TE Jonathon Cooper  OHIO STATE  5.68    DE Spencer Brown  ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM  5.68    RB Kayode Awosika  BUFFALO  5.68    G Marlon Williams  UCF  5.67    WR Sam Webb  MISSOURI WESTERN STATE 5.67    CB Richard Lecounte Iii  GEORGIA  5.67    SAF Tay Gowan  UCF  5.67    CB Dax Milne  BRIGHAM YOUNG  5.66    WR Ryan Mccollum  TEXAS A&M  5.66    C Mike Strachan  CHARLESTON (WV)  5.65    WR Tj Slaton  FLORIDA  5.65    DT Tommy Kraemer  NOTRE DAME  5.65    G Josh Kaindoh  FLORIDA STATE  5.65    DE Feleipe Franks  ARKANSAS  5.65    QB Eli Mitchell  LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE  5.64    RB Tre' Mckitty  GEORGIA  5.64    TE Forrest Merrill  ARKANSAS STATE  5.63    DT Tony Fields Ii  WEST VIRGINIA  5.63    LB Greg Eiland  MISSISSIPPI STATE  5.63    G Keyion Dixon  EASTERN KENTUCKY  5.63    WR Cole Van Lanen  WISCONSIN  5.62    G Mason Stokke  WISCONSIN  5.62    FB Pressley Harvin Iii  GEORGIA TECH  5.62    P Nick Eubanks  MICHIGAN  5.62    TE Josh Johnson  LOUISIANA-MONROE  5.61    RB Chris Wilcox  BRIGHAM YOUNG  5.60    CB Grant Stuard  HOUSTON  5.60    LB Dylan Soehner  IOWA STATE  5.60    TE Brandon Smith  IOWA  5.60    WR Tre Norwood  OKLAHOMA  5.60    CB Javon Mckinley  NOTRE DAME  5.60    WR Tim Jones  SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI  5.60    WR Robert Jones  MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE  5.60    G Carson Green  TEXAS A&M  5.60    OT Chris Garrett  CONCORDIA-ST. PAUL  5.60    EDGE Luke Farrell  OHIO STATE  5.60    TE Jake Curhan  CALIFORNIA  5.60    OT Riley Cole  SOUTH ALABAMA  5.60    LB Camryn Bynum  CALIFORNIA  5.60    CB Gary Brightwell  ARIZONA  5.60    RB Brady Breeze  OREGON  5.60    SAF Joshuah Bledsoe  MISSOURI  5.60    SAF Jaquan Bailey  IOWA STATE  5.60    DE Cary Angeline  NORTH CAROLINA STATE  5.60    TE Jonathan Adams  ARKANSAS STATE  5.60    WR Nahshon Wright  OREGON STATE  5.59    CB Jamar Watson  KENTUCKY  5.59    EDGE Tariq Thompson  SAN DIEGO STATE  5.59    SAF Warren Jackson  COLORADO STATE  5.59    WR Jack Heflin  IOWA  5.59    DT Tq Graham  TEXAS  5.59    DT Marquiss Spencer  MISSISSIPPI STATE  5.58    DE Cj Marable  COASTAL CAROLINA  5.58    RB Elijah Sullivan  KANSAS STATE  5.57    LB Stevie Scott Iii  INDIANA  5.57    RB Khalil Mcclain  TROY  5.57    WR Raymond Johnson Iii  GEORGIA SOUTHERN  5.57    DE Adrian Hardy  LOUISIANA TECH  5.57    WR Austin Faoliu  OREGON  5.57    DT Drue Chrisman  OHIO STATE  5.57    P Tristen Hoge  BRIGHAM YOUNG  5.56    G Trevon Grimes  FLORIDA  5.56    WR Pro Wells  TCU  5.55    TE Branden Mack  TEMPLE  5.55    WR Isaiahh Loudermilk  WISCONSIN  5.55    DE Brandin Echols  KENTUCKY  5.55    CB Tuf Borland  OHIO STATE  5.55    LB Blake Proehl  EAST CAROLINA  5.54    WR Josiah Bronson  WASHINGTON  5.54    DT T.J. Vasher  TEXAS TECH  5.53    WR Ben Mason  MICHIGAN  5.53    FB Daelin Hayes  NOTRE DAME  5.53    EDGE Paddy Fisher  NORTHWESTERN  5.53    LB Brennan Eagles  TEXAS  5.53    WR  
    • A lot of what I’m about to say came from Bucky Brooks but I can’t sit here and really believe the 49ers are sitting there with Jimmy Garropolo and thinking “Man you know what we need to be able to compete against Pat Mahomes in the Super Bowl? Mac Jones!”   3 first round picks to move up and take Mac Jones? I know Shannahan has his really specific traits he wants in a QB but I don’t see why you invest that type of capital to get what you already have. Kyle is one of the more respected guys in the game, so I can’t think that he is really that short sighted. When you make an aggressive move to get a QB, It should to get a guy that has something else that the other guy doesn’t. What does Jones offer that Jimmy doesn’t?
    • I'm fine with 2nd round LT but don't want Q at LT
  • Members

• pgt_rob

pgt_rob 734

• SaturdayAllDay

SaturdayAllDay 163

• MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 2,342

• EastStreet

EastStreet 9,758

• Qcolts

Qcolts 28