Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TE Coach Jason Michael to Eagles

Dogg63

• Dogg63 changed the title to TE Coach Jason Michael to Eagles
36 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Another offensive coaching job for Reich to fill. So far Sirianni has taken Gannon, Patullo, and now Michael with him.

I thought league rules kept other teams from poaching coaches for lateral positions. Wonder if his contract with the Colts was up

30 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Wonder what players follow Siranni ? Marlon Mack ? Pascal ? T.Y. ? Rhodes ? Autry ?

Eagles are in a bad salary cap situation (second worst in the league), so if any follow, it's likely because we passed, and they are cheap.

Overall, I find it a bit interesting that several are leaving Reich for what looks to be laterals.

15 minutes ago, IinD said:

50-70% off all Colts coaches. 

Sale ends soon.

Right now, we also have Eberflux, TBD!!! :) 

Eagles, our Buckeye players Campbell and Hooker, buy one get one free (Hooker comes free as a FA), and the price you pay is Fletcher Cox!!! haha

10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

What's interesting to me is, aside from the....... Assistant OL coach??? Apparently Reich isn't too worried about keeping any of these guys....

I don't think we really know how he feels about losing these guys. He certainly doesn't really have much of a choice. Even if he's mad or whatever, he's not going to say anything negative.

25 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Eagles are in a bad salary cap situation (second worst in the league), so if any follow, it's likely because we passed, and they are cheap.

Overall, I find it a bit interesting that several are leaving Reich for what looks to be laterals.

Agreed. Probably offered more money

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think the Eagles r a dumpster fire.

The cap situation is ugly, and the roster is a tough situation. I think that's why they gambled on Sirianni. That, and they really needed to try and fix the Wentz situation. On the other hand, if the OL stays healthy, and Wentz can be fixed, things might not be all bad. Cap and roster will be tough going regardless the next couple years.

21 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

As far as I know, the team can block coaches from making lateral moves, right? Which means that they are letting them go to the Eagles?

Existing teams can block most meetings, even promotions (unless it's a HC or GM spot). Teams rarely block guys, as it's just bad for morale though. If you block a guy, it's almost certain he's gone anyway when his contract is up. 

28 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'd say Rhodes is best bet cuz of Gannon, and maybe Mack, Depending if he thinks he'd get more split touches there. Pascal I cant imagine Colts dont tendered him high enough, he is worth it

Not sure the Eagles can afford Rhodes. If they could, I'm sure he'd want to follow. They do need help at CB though. And Slay has a huge dead cap hit, so they really can't dump him (new contract last year).

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure the Eagles can afford Rhodes. If they could, I'm sure he'd want to follow. They do need help at CB though. And Slay has a huge dead cap hit, so they really can't dump him (new contract last year).

That would be the only thing I could see hurting their chances. The only plus we still have Williams so may be a reason we could hang on

On 1/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, EastStreet said:

The cap situation is ugly, and the roster is a tough situation. I think that's why they gambled on Sirianni. That, and they really needed to try and fix the Wentz situation. On the other hand, if the OL stays healthy, and Wentz can be fixed, things might not be all bad. Cap and roster will be tough going regardless the next couple years.

Also a very winnable division.

I was wondering how effective TE coach Jason Michaels was & if the Colts might let him go after the season.

Now he's gone anyway. Thou they could have told him he wouldn't be retained. I don't know.  

I just think the TE group kind of under performed this season. Not sure if it was coaching, the system or the players weren't very good, but I thought they didn't get enough receptions out of MAC or Burton. 

Per FFToday.com rankings Burton was ranked #24; MAC #27 & Doyal #35. Based on targets, receptions & yards. 

No blocking input. I hope they can add a free agent like Hunter Henry, Jonnou Smith or Gerald Everett to the mix. 

Jordan Thomas who was added as a reserve future guy may have some promise. 

Peace

20 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

That would be the only thing I could see hurting their chances. The only plus we still have Williams so may be a reason we could hang on

Things are going to be very interesting. Even if we lose some key FAs, there are a lot of teams with bad cap numbers, so there will be a plethora of FAs on the market, and probably a ton of teams looking for trades to unload contracts.

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Also a very winnable division.

The division could take a big step forward in short order though. Dallas with Dak back will be better, or even if they go with a FA like Stafford and dump Dak. WFT is a good team minus a QB. Giants could go either way. WFT is in good position on many fronts (cap, roster, etc.) and could surprise folks in the next two years if they can solve for QB.

Archived