Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 (1.0)

DJ is out with his second big story of the week.

His first top 50.    If you don't like what you see here...   relax...   he'll do 3-4 more before the draft arrives.   He's always updating and revising as all the top analysts do.

Enjoy!

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

My 'notables' here:

-Ja'Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts in the top 3 after Trevor Lawrence. Not that I disagree... just notable. 

-Zach Wilson over Justin Fields. I think I agree... although it's close. 

-Trey Lance over Justin Fields... I'm not sure I agree with this one. But interesting nonetheless. 

-Rashawn Slater over Penei Sewell... hard disagree... but I like Slater too, so... I just love Sewell 

-Caleb Farley over Patrick Surtain... I think I agree... have to do a lot more study on the CBs though. 

-Gregory Rousseau EDGE1 over Kwity Paye

-Trevon Moehrig S1

-Jaelan Phillips in top 20... interesting to see how the league sees him. From what I've heard he has some off-field stuff that might impact his draft stock. 

-Kadarius Toney top 20... yes! I love Kadarius too. 

-Levi Onwuzurike at 23... haven't seen him yet... but I think this is the highest I've seen him on draft boards. Interesting. 

-Tutu Atwell no.31

-Joe Tryon no 32... not sure I agree with this one... 

-Christian Barmore at 37!! Wow. He's low on him... I've seen people mock him in top 10. 

-Eric Stokes makes top 50... Campbell does not. 

Very interesting read. Will have to go over some of the prospects ... 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

DJ is out with his second big story of the week.

His first top 50.    If you don't like what you see here...   relax...   he'll do 3-4 more before the draft arrives.   He's always updating and revising as all the top analysts do.

Enjoy!

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

His list last year was reasonably close on where players were drafted.   A good place to start knowing these names.  Thanks!

Ballard has targeted many players that perform well in the senior bowl; I expect it to be even more important this year considering there will be no combine.  

I think it would be fun if there was a Universal Consensus Big Board of the TOP 32 from all the best college evaluators. 

And then each team according to their draft slot is forced to take the player on the Big Board that aligns with their pick #.

Only in First Round But trades are allowed.   :funny:

According to DJ's Board, colts are matched up  #21 with a LB from Notre Dame.

Would Ballard look to trade? :scratch:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It depends on how good AR will be, if he is good we can win 11 with the help of another great player, we won 9 with Minshew, should have been 10. 
    • Gotta have a trade partner.Big ? Is would Arizona trade back that far knowing they’re gonna miss out on one of those top 3 Wr’s.I would also call New England and Los Angeles too.I don’t see MHJ getting past the 4th pick unless a Minnesota or Denver trades up for one of those top QB’s.I also don’t see the Giants if they stay put at 6 not taking Nabors I think that’s who they got they’re eyes on with that pick.
    • I think this probably isn't an objective viewpoint. I think you want fireworks, and you're an eternal optimist. Nothing wrong with that, but I think a more practical viewpoint is to acknowledge that taking huge chances isn't exactly a recipe for success. (You're going to point to examples that worked out; I'm going to counter with twice as many that failed.)   The bolded especially. First, it seems like you chose 11 games because you feel like that's the target to keep up with the Texans. Second, I don't think the Colts are one player away from keeping up with the top tier of the AFC. I think a lot has to go right for the Colts to be in the mix with the Chiefs, etc. I said at the beginning of the offseason, I think we're still one draft class away from being in those discussions.   But if you can talk yourself into one guy being the answer, just one playmaker holds the key for the Colts to be in contention, then yeah, identify your favorite prospect and bang the table for the Colts to do whatever they have to to get that player. That would be awesome for us. But I think the reason Ballard doesn't do that is because it's flawed team building (historically speaking), not because he's afraid.. You can promise steak dinners based on your hunches, but that's not exactly how I want the GM to make decisions.
    • Even in 2021 draft Chase was selected 5th by the Bengals, best move they have ever made. That gave Burrow gigantic help. They did the right thing and got Burrow what he needed. 
  • Members

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 4,231

• Lifetime Colt

Lifetime Colt 154

• w87r

w87r 13,755

Moderators
    • Gigc

Gigc 565

• KB

KB 1,089