Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is TY Hilton on the way out?

tvturner

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

What top FA WR do you see Colts signing?

Obviously they have to become available...but if I had to guess...I would say ARob or Golladay. That's what the Colts need...and I don't see either player back with their current teams.

Kenny G is obvious...given the Stafford connection and rapport...and I think he made a business decision to let himself season heal this season to get healthy for FA. My only concern with Golladay is the injuries and the fact that he will already be 28.

As for ARob...he will be the same age...but has a much longer track record. I think ARob would jump at the chance to catch passes from Stafford...and play on a team that is a contender.

We will see...it is never easy to get a WR via FA. There will be plenty of suitors for each player.

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

If Brady returns for the second year of his deal...and I don't see why he wouldn't...they will have to bring back Godwin to run it back.

Hypothetical question

Would you be ok with Brady winning a title this year if it meant he was going to retire or would you rather him lose and return to try again?

39 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hypothetical question

Would you be ok with Brady winning a title this year if it meant he was going to retire or would you rather him lose and return to try again?

I don't really have a dog in the fight. My SB team from my pool was BUF...and now I just have my squares.

But if I am being honest...I would prefer that Brady doesn't win. If that means he comes back...so be it. I don't hate Brady like most Colts fans...but seeing him win another SB would be gross. And I think it would take a very questionable game by KC for that to happen. I think KC has a real shot at being the first team in the SB era to three-peat SB titles.

21 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm not old enough to have watched Berry, but imo Hilton needs to be put in that same tier. He was dominant with Luck. One of the best tandems we've seen in a long time here.

I watched Raymond Berry. It was a different era but the guy had amazing hands. Hilton is definitely faster but not in Berry's class who always got the job done.

22 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If Colts get Stafford they aren't getting Godwin Golladay or Robinson 

I would draft rookie at 21 then get one of the top WRs above 

A quarterback at 21 may not be any better than Eason, and we don't need two to develop with a veteran team.

I think we're signing a quarterback, one way or the other.

58 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

A quarterback at 21 may not be any better than Eason, and we don't need two to develop with a veteran team.

I think we're signing a quarterback, one way or the other.

I would gladly take a rookie over any of the garbage FA options out there 

Dak is the only solid one and he's gonna way too pricey like 35 to 40m

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Ik

I meant if they don't get him 

Yeah, if they don't get Stafford, I'm not sold on any others either.  Maybe Winston as a bridge, but I wouldn't be thrilled with it.  

If Dalton could be had cheap, maybe.

I'd be fine signing Rosen cheap to compete with Eason.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Yeah, if they don't get Stafford, I'm not sold on any others either.  Maybe Winston as a bridge, but I wouldn't be thrilled with it.  

If Dalton could be had cheap, maybe.

I'd be fine signing Rosen cheap to compete with Eason.  

The next option would be Eason or draft. Maybe if Darnold if he could be had for 3rd

On 1/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, danlhart87 said:

If the Colts get Stafford, I can see CB getting an OT in free agency as well, and then trading down in the draft.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, danlhart87 said:

I'd imagine #21 would be gone if Colts got Stafford. Right?

On 1/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, danlhart87 said:

Why. Rivers contract isn't on the books. The Colts have about 60 mill in cap space if I'm not mistaken.

Ballard might not get a WR in FA, but it's not like it's impossible to get a guy under the cap.

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why. Rivers contract isn't on the books. The Colts have about 60 mill in cap space if I'm not mistaken.

Ballard might not get a WR in FA, but it's not like it's impossible to get a guy under the cap.

Stafford will take up 20m and the other WRs are getting 15+m some even possibly 20m like Robinson. I don't want 2/3 spent on 2 players 

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Stafford will take up 20m and the other WRs are getting 15+m some even possibly 20m like Robinson. I don't want 2/3 spent on 2 players 

Ok, but you said "they aren't getting" as if it wasn't possible. It's totally possible. I have no strong feelings about it, but I tend to think paying high dollar for a WR is kind of not the best move.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Ok, but you said "they aren't getting" as if it wasn't possible. It's totally possible. I have no strong feelings about it, but I tend to think paying high dollar for a WR is kind of not the best move.

Its possible but 2 players taking up that much isn't smart when you have 3 others who need extentions soon. You know the 3.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Pittman looks like the real deal.   It depends how Ballard and Reich feel about Campbell.  

Hilton jumped back onto Twitter yesterday after a hiatus and was answering questions.  Almost makes me wonder if it’s actually him or not based on some of his answers. But definitely doesn’t sound like someone whose heart is still set on Indy.

Someone else asked if he was looking into playing for Miami.

He replied with “I’m a free agent”.

Obviously both him and the Colts are going to test the waters and see what the market it in Free Agency. Believe we all knew that already though.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:48 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed. Eagles couldn't afford to sign me and I run a 6.0 fourty

The first year the Colts had their Back to Football 5k they were timing people on their forty when you entered the stadium.  I was booking, and I thought I was going to burn it up because it’s a running start.

I’m embarrassed to say it was in the 6’s.  I’m an old dude, those decent 40 times are way in the past.  But I remember myself being faster back then every year!

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Someone else asked if he was looking into playing for Miami.

He replied with “I’m a free agent”.

Obviously both him and the Colts are going to test the waters and see what the market it in Free Agency. Believe we all knew that already though.

Yeah that answer says it all,  because there is nothing stopping the Colts from signing him to a contract before FA starts.

Very telling of the situation.

Colts probably want him back bit not at the $10-$15m range TY is probably expecting. Probably $6-$8m range.?

Well TY Hilton has been a great Indianapolis Colt, but everything has to end sometimes.

TY just ain't gonna cut it for us anymore, and he was not even among the 40 best WR´s this season in yardage.

WE HAD NO WR with more than 762 yards... that's bad if you have Super Bowl aspirations.

We need to get some firepower on offence, and TY is not a part of that future... sorry, but he's not.

I know Rivers didn't make him look better, but still... he can't get open like he used to.

I hope Ballard get a stud WR, that can help Pittman take it to the next level, because we need a true #1 WR.

Hilton, thanks for the memories it was fun :)

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Looks all but certain that TY will at least test the open market:

Yeah, writings been on the wall for couple weeks.

He wants more than Colts want to give him. "gotta work both ways".

So Ballard said check the market.

Archived