Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is TY Hilton on the way out?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ty may not be at his prime, but he didn't fall off the map either. Don't take his numbers as being solely his fault. 

You do realize Robinson is most likely getting 18 to 20m

A week ago people were asking if Irsay putting his banner on the stadium means he was staying.  People are reading into a lot right now.  Time to just let it play out some.     I think his futu

Not surprised, but still really sad. One of the greatest colt WRs ever. Legendary company

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

He's out. Houston (because he owns them) Philly (because of new staff), or Miami (close to home) is where it makes sense for him to land.

I would bet miami, but I'll throw in a good one. Jaguars. 

A week ago people were asking if Irsay putting his banner on the stadium means he was staying.  People are reading into a lot right now.  Time to just let it play out some.  

I think his future might depend on what happens at QB.  A vet increases the odds he stays.  With that said I won’t be shocked to see him go either way.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

All good things must come to an end and I'll miss ghost but its time to move on. Since the Eagles and Colts are so connected my money is on the Eagles signing him. Reunite him with Nick. 

Eagles cant afford him.

I sincerely hope not, but this is a bit ominous.

I think he said his next contract would be his last and he WANTED to play for the Colts, but it takes 2 sides to make it work etc. I would not feel great about seeing TY playing in any other jersey, even if only for a year or two.... He still has the juice, he might not be the bonafide #1 anymore, but he is a high level number 2 still and worth every penny of around $8-$10 million i'd say. 

Do the right thing Ballard and bring this man back for 1 or 2 more years.

Looking at our wide receiver group, If Hilton does sign elsewhere, we would have to move Pascal to be our 1 and Pittman our 2 and Campbell Slot with Patmon and anyone else we draft or bring in as reserves. I would be on board with Hilton signing a 2 year deal to retire a colt with a deal something like 2 yrs 14 Million and focus on our TE, DE, LT, CB, QB positions with the draft and free agency. We can't forget we need to lock up Leonard and Smith and that will easily chew up 20-25 million between the two. Ballard will def have to work his magic :cash:

Maybe it's TY posturing, but I think people are reading into it too much. 

I believe his numbers were down because Rivers didn't have the arm for the deep game (took too long for passes to get there) and it took awhile for him and Rivers to get on the same page. If they get a QB with an arm (Stafford, or even Eason) those deep shots will be there again. 

TY can clearly still get open. He might've lost a step on his blazing speed, but he is still quite fast. They'd be dumb not to bring him back. Especially with how weak the Colts WR position is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I sincerely hope not, but this is a bit ominous.

I think he said his next contract would be his last and he WANTED to play for the Colts, but it takes 2 sides to make it work etc. I would not feel great about seeing TY playing in any other jersey, even if only for a year or two.... He still has the juice, he might not be the bonafide #1 anymore, but he is a high level number 2 still and worth every penny of around $8-$10 million i'd say. 

Do the right thing Ballard and bring this man back for 1 or 2 more years.

I have to imagine that the Colts’ offer and TY’s asking price simply don’t meet.  It happens all the time with vets.

If this is true, as well as the idea that Ballard helped to push Rivers out, then there is some careful study of the salary cap issue going on and Ballard not wanting to overspend.  Not that you don't keep an eye on the wallet anyway, but these two moves, if true, free up space to assume a big existing contract like a Stafford, Wentz, or even Ryan; or to go get a player like Allen Robinson or Godwin.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

I really hope not. But didn't TY Hilton say something to the effect of "When my contract is up, I'm out, Colt for life." Something like that.

They might bring him back for 1 more year to let him retire as a Colt, that is my gut feeling.

Even if they do not get a big signing like Allen Robinson or Godwin, if they can get a good route runner like Emmanuel Sanders for a year along with TY back for a year, I would feel better as it would help the young guys Campbell and Pittman come along more with some draft reinforcements at WR and TE.

• Like 1

It sure looks like TY is not coming back.  I think Ballard has a plan and it looks like he will be acquiring Stafford 1st and signing a new WR1 in FA.  Getting Stafford will be a big draw to the WR's looking for a SB contender.  

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what to think of this? Does he want out? or has Ballard said something? IMO in the Indianapolis era (1984-2020), he is the 3rd best WR we have ever had only behind Marvin and Reggie.

Eh Yeah maybe, but the ty we saw the last two years is not the TY that exploded on the league. Speed and losing it doesn’t concern me at all. WRs slow down all the time as they age. Even the greats. TY can still get open. 

that said, something that has concerned me the last two years with TY and even 2018 with Andrew Luck, TY has been missing catches. Dropping passes he when younger made in his sleep. I’m sure someone will say something about his stat line and what not, but drops are about the most subjective stat out there. Besides the drops, I don’t see him fighting for the ball on contested catches like he used too as well. This is the same exact path that Reggie Wayne had to go down, same thing with Andre Johnson. I’m seeing the exact same things they had happen their last years playing happening to Ty the last couple of seasons. It’s still sporadic, and he did string together a few good games. But the whole outweighs the few.

I think you let him go.

• Like 1

Yes, honestly even though this is a bummer, it should be done. TY has not been the TY we all knew for the past 3 years. It's time unfortunately for the ghost to disappear.

20 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Honestly I’d rather just let ty walk and throw the 8-10 mil he would get and throw it at Arob  honestly 

You do realize Robinson is most likely getting 18 to 20m

• Like 4
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

3rd best WR we have ever had only behind Marvin and Reggie.

Couldn't agree more.  Since we've been in Indy (like you pointed out)  What a great find in the draft.  Many fans from around the league could not believe the Colts drafted him where they did but, it's panned out VERY well for us.  Great player, person & teammate.  I really hope we retain him for another 1-2 years and the cost is amicable.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

A week ago people were asking if Irsay putting his banner on the stadium means he was staying.  People are reading into a lot right now.  Time to just let it play out some.  

I think his future might depend on what happens at QB.  A vet increases the odds he stays.  With that said I won’t be shocked to see him go either way.  

If we keep reading tea leaves at this rate, China will be fresh out of tea pretty soon

Tough choice. Definitely hasn't been the same player from the past two season from a numbers standpoint, but he is still more reliable than some of the other receivers we have (with the exception of maybe Pittman).

• Like 1

If they did get Stafford...I think you would see Hilton return on a very reasonable two-year deal. But the big signing would be a FA WR. You don't get "near the end of his prime stud QB" and not give him top fight weapons.

30 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

If he isn't leaving he should be. There is no room for being sentimental. He hasn't been getting the  job done. Better to go with a draft pick or a free agent signing. 

Do you think about things before you post them? Or do you just spew out whatever nonsense you can? Without Hilton, this WR group is okay at best. Hilton draws so much double coverage, and when he came on later in the season, it showed. Our offense was better with him. Losing Hilton and sticking with the WR we have now is absolutely not the answer.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Do you think about things before you post them? Or do you just spew out whatever nonsense you can? Without Hilton, this WR group is okay at best. Hilton draws so much double coverage, and when he came on later in the season, it showed. Our offense was better with him. Losing a guy like Hilton to go with what we have now is absolutely not the answer.

Well, I don't agree with you at all and I do think. I though Hilton should have been moved two years ago. He doesn't have the speed he had and I didn't see him facing that many double teams. He will never get back to what he was. 

Even if you're on the 'get TY out of town' train, you can't deny this WR group would scare literally nobody.

Hopefully they don't just let him walk.

6 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Well, I don't agree with you at all and I do think. I though Hilton should have been moved two years ago. He doesn't have the speed he had and I didn't see him facing that many double teams. He will never get back to what he was. 

Of course he won't ever "get back to what he was." But if you think for a second not having Hilton won't hurt this team, then you're clearly blind. Only eight FA WR put up better numbers than Hilton did this past season, and there is no way we're going to let Hilton walk and expect to replace him with a Jones/Fuller/Robinson.

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

Even if you're on the 'get TY out of town' train, you can't deny this WR group would scare literally nobody.

Hopefully they don't just let him walk.

Yeah if TY walks, I’m expecting them to sign a veteran in FA for sure. Ballard can’t leave this WR corp it’s very underwhelming. Potential, but unproven.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, CR91 said:

Not surprised, but still really sad. One of the greatest colt WRs ever. Legendary company

Eh.... TY racked up killer stats against really bad teams, and was inconsistent as hell.... He's one of our greats, but he's a solid tier below Harrison/wayne/Berry

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Eh.... TY racked up killer stats against really bad teams, and was inconsistent as hell.... He's one of our greats, but he's a solid tier below Harrison/wayne/Berry

I'm not old enough to have watched Berry, but imo Hilton needs to be put in that same tier. He was dominant with Luck. One of the best tandems we've seen in a long time here.

6 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I really hope not. But didn't TY Hilton say something to the effect of "When my contract is up, I'm out, Colt for life." Something like that.

I think he said he wants to be a colt for life, but when his next contract is up that would be it.... whether that contract was with the colts or not was up for debate...

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

If they did get Stafford...I think you would see Hilton return on a very reasonable two-year deal. But the big signing would be a FA WR. You don't get "near the end of his prime stud QB" and not give him top fight weapons.

What top FA WR do you see Colts signing?