Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scott Milanovich tapped to be QB coach in Indianapolis

zibby43

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I like to pretty thoroughly follow those that are considered rising stars in the coaching profession, and Brady is one of them.

And Milanovich is an excellent offensive mind that won a championship in 2017.

I'm pretty excited for these hires.

Also, it's very likely that Eberflus is staying.  If he was gone, it was likely Gannon who would've been promoted to DC. 

Point There Ya Go GIF by The Weather Channel

• Nadine locked this topic
  • Nadine unlocked this topic
  • Shive changed the title to Scott Milanovich tapped to be QB coach in Indianapolis
5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

The team sure is tight lipped on Eason. Either he will be the starting QB next year or maybe just didnt work out well this season behind closed doors

Even if he did work out well behind closed doors, how would that make him the starting quarterback? Fourth round pick. Considered a project when drafted. Zero NFL snaps regular or preseason. With the level of importance of the quarterback position, I don't see a guy who wasn't even all conference in college a year earlier taking some practice snaps for a season and being annointed the starting QB.  

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

The team sure is tight lipped on Eason. Either he will be the starting QB next year or maybe just didnt work out well this season behind closed doors

Ballard said in his end of year press conference that he wasn’t sure if Eason was ready to be the backup, and he needed more time to figure that out.   The backup. 

Why do you think Eason might be the starter this year? 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard said in his end of year press conference that he wasn’t sure if Eason was ready to be the backup, and he needed more time to figure that out.   The backup. 

Not happening as starter but I’ll put some money down as backup. He’s had a year of seasoning though no opportunities on the field once TC was done. I suspect $ issues will guide the Colts to using Eason as #2 unless he’s just putrid in the off season workouts. I doubt he will be. Of course, I’m in the group of believers that the Colts will trade for their new starting QB.

18 hours ago, zibby43 said:

He was just recently the head coach of Edmonton (of the CFL).

He coached his team to a championship in 2017.

According to sources, Reich has wanted him as part of the staff in Indy for quite some time.  Would be an outstanding hire.

The bolded sentence above isnt true.

He wasnt hired to be Edmontons HC until after the 2019 CFL season. Never officially coached a game for them due to covid. He was the QB coach in JAX in 2017. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

He wasnt hired to be Edmontons HC until after the 2019 CFL season. Never officially coached a game for them due to covid. He was the QB coach in JAX in 2017. 

So we got a guy that coached for the putrid and perennial Jags? Yuck 

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This ranks right up there with the end of ‘17.   Pagano got fired with the rest of his staff.   And it was as near unanimous as a fan website could be that Pagano and his staff all sucked.   Period. 

Except almost all of them got hired by other teams.   I think only Chudzinski didn’t get hired.   And people here started to notice.    What’s going on?   Why are our former assistants getting hired by other teams?   This doesn’t make sense?   We sucked.  We hated the head coach, therefore all of his assistants must suck too!    Except they didn’t.   

It is possible for a good coach to be in a bad team.   Happens all the time.    Sorry. 

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Jags went to the AFC championship that year when he was the QB coach.

@SaturdayAllDay Re: the bold sentence, seems like it was just a miscommunication re: the fact that he went to the AFC championship game in 2017.  

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I prefer to look at the positives.

We got a guy who managed to coach up Blake Bortles to an AFC Title game. Also multiple championships as a CFL coach, and a CFL coach of the Year award. Not a terrible resume. 

2 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

He won the Grey Cup in 2012 as the Head Coach of the Toronto Argonauts 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Probably due to the fact he's literally the only man contracted at the position? He won't be likely the starter, but I'm sure that is the basis for the line of thought....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Coach Speak.....it keeps all options on the table. 

On 1/26/2021 at 11:29 AM, indyagent17 said:

There is a massive amount of territory between those two options.

I can't see any scenario where he goes from first to third in one season, even if he did look good last season in practice.

That's not an option we want. Give him a couple of years as a backup and then it's possible.

10 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

There is a massive amount of territory between those two options.

I can't see any scenario where he goes from first to third in one season, even if he did look good last season in practice.

That's not an option we want. Give him a couple of years as a backup and then it's possible.

You Got It Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Archived