Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patricia Back To NE

On 1/25/2021 at 12:11 PM, ReMeDy said:

Ahh the dog comes crawling back to his master. So will Matt Patricia have to work his way back up to defensive coordinator?

This is what the reunion looks like.........

4.gif

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think that might suggest that the Patriots are putting effort into obtaining Matt Stafford's services

I've gotta dollar that says if Stafford has pull with the Ford's, he's telling them he's not working with or around Patricia again.

That said, it will probably come down to the high bid and it's not hard to see this getting too rich for Ballard. So I'm hoping that the rumor that this all ready done is correct. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I've gotta dollar that says if Stafford has pull with the Ford's, he's telling them he's not working with or around Patricia again.

That said, it will probably come down to the high bid and it's not hard to see this getting too rich for Ballard. So I'm hoping that the rumor that this all ready done is correct. 

Ballard's gonna have Irsay on his back making sure we have a good QB next year, he's not gonna have free reign on this one.  I think Irsay and kraft are going head to head on this one.

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

.  I think Irsay and kraft are going head to head on this one.

Well I think Kraft has more money than Irsay and Definitely more pull. 

But possibly Kraft has his sights on Bigger Fish like Watson, Rogers or a Top QB in Draft they love?

If that's the case that increases our chances of getting Stafford but don't forget about Pittsburgh. 

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But possibly Kraft has his sights on Bigger Fish like Watson, Rogers or a Top QB in Draft they love?

If that's the case that increases our chances of getting Stafford but don't forget about Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh, unlike the Patriots, is in cap hell, you can check it out. 

Patriots have the luxury of going after Watson. I can only shudder to think what Watson can do for that team once the Covid opt outs on the Patriots D come back and they have a potent offense to go along with it. However, if I am Watson or Rodgers, I would be/stay in the NFC where there would be less competition outside the NFC West, Packers and Bucs, IMO once Brees retires with all the young guns at QB in the AFC.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If that's the case that increases our chances of getting Stafford but don't forget about Pittsburgh. 

pittsburgh is not in the running until they commit to moving on from Roethlisberger.  Which they should do this offseason but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will give up on Big Ben too late rather than too early (or on time).  

I think Rooney fully intends to break camp with Big Ben still their intended starter in 2021.  I don't think it's the right move but I think it's the decision they're going to make.  I think the Pittsburgh brass sees 13-3 rather than all the underlying problems.  I think they'll avoid making any significant changes. 

Bottom line I don't see a move to a new QB in Pittsburgh this offseason

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

pittsburgh is not in the running until they commit to moving on from Roethlisberger.  Which they should do this offseason but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will give up on Big Ben too late rather than too early (or on time).  

I think Rooney fully intends to break camp with Big Ben still their intended starter in 2021.  I don't think it's the right move but I think it's the decision they're going to make.  I think the Pittsburgh brass sees 13-3 rather than all the underlying problems.  I think they'll avoid making any significant changes. 

Bottom line I don't see a move to a new QB in Pittsburgh this offseason

I didn't know their keeping BiG Ben another season.... if they do I think that's a mistake.