Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB 55 Score and Discussion Thread

danlhart87

8 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I've been conditioned to not like Brady for so long, so I can't root for Bucs. 

KC fans are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers and love to talk smack (my neighbor is obnoxious and hails from KC so that helps me hate on KC fans lol) Plus I'm sick and tired of State farm commercials with Mahomes and Rodgers lol. 

Plus, Weeknd is going to be the halftime show? puke

I probably won't even watch it tbh

The Weeknd is awesome 

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Spygate's impact was before Spygate was revealed, IMO, that is why it goes back to those first 3 rings. Then articles about Doug Flutie, who was a backup Patriots QB hearing instructions from the sidelines well after the 15 second cutoff for QBs, were also released that created pause for a few folks. The fact that Charlie Weis and Brady, who was not nearly the QB he was now, then, being able to know what was coming from Blitzburgh D in 2001 and 2004. For Hines Ward to suggest the Patriots were calling their defensive plays before it happened, you can view it as sour grapes or believe there is some merit to it. As recently, the filming on the Bengals sidelines they were docked for which does not reflect well on the organization that was already caught for SpyGate. The hiring of a guy Ernie Adams, who had a photographic memory, hired by Belichick, to radio down signals based on their filming, there were articles about it too. He was not an OC or DC but had Belichick's ear. There was way too much smoke to not suspect fire. Whether you believe it or not, it is purely up to you.

We won't truly know because Goodell destroyed the tapes of the sideline filming when he was a fledgling commissioner and at that point, the integrity of the league was something he was trying to protect and later, over compensated with excessive punishment towards Patriots for Deflategate, IMO. So, unless Belichick or someone in their staff comes out and admits it, you will never see more proof of it. It has been hashed and re-hashed, so again, I don't wish to participate in too much back and forth on this front, people will believe what they want to believe.  I will leave it at that.

But as far as Brady is concerned, what he has done so far reduces that impact, IMO, to cement himself as the GOAT.  That is undeniable to me. First QB to come back from a 10 point deficit in 4th qtr. of SB, first QB come back from 25 points down in a SB, first guy to take a SB to OT and win it, first guy to take a team to a SB in their home team, enough said. The accolades are well deserved. Everyone else in football is a distant second, IMO, in terms of accomplishments.

This. Those first three rings are massively tainted. We also know Manning was told pre-AFCCG that he had to run the play called in from the side-line because it was suspected the Patriots knew the signals. There is a lot the Colts know, but have kept quiet about. Dungy hasn't really tried to hide this fact. I also agree with the last paragraph here.  

Oh, I predict KC 37 TB 9.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Comes with winning. I am 100% certain we gained a whole bunch of bandwagon fans once Peyton started winning in Indy. :) 

There are certain musical groups that are studio creations that do not translate well to a live concert or audience. I have always wondered why they have never had Metallica but that is the way NFL is.

Prob because they don't want to (or need to) lip sync lol

17 hours ago, NFLUp said:

He’s already considered the GOAT.

Universally, with some Colt fans as holdouts .

No QB playing has been called the GOAT by everyone except Brady.

NFL players today refer to him as the GOAT.  Never done before. 

He is the GOAT, and this game won’t change it.

I think it is fair to wonder given what he has done in Tampa in year one, how his career might have turned out if he had a different GM/HC. One that actually surrounded him with top tier offensively talent his whole career. He has really made a statement this season about his impact on an org to succeed at the highest level.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:26 AM, pgt_rob said:

I'm hoping the Chiefs win again. But if Brady and the bucs win, I hope someone tells Brady that he has to try to do it again on a different team. lol

1 problem with that is that players could join him on the different team, hoping to win in week '22'...if I've counted correctly.

He seemed to have some help vs Saints and Packers...some dropped passes, but protection that looked like it did for years with the Pats(the Broncos breached protection sometimes...and the Giants...) The 3 interceptions did look concerning...not just bad, but very bad.

Home field advantage may be worth something, and the Chiefs O line injuries also concern.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:28 PM, 18to87 said:

This. Those first three rings are massively tainted. We also know Manning was told pre-AFCCG that he had to run the play called in from the side-line because it was suspected the Patriots knew the signals. There is a lot the Colts know, but have kept quiet about. Dungy hasn't really tried to hide this fact. I also agree with the last paragraph here.  

Oh, I predict KC 37 TB 9.

More lies.

hilarious ones at that.

Such jealousy over the fact that the Patriots owner the Colts during those years.

On 1/25/2021 at 2:07 PM, chad72 said:

The perfect memory is not my issue, having an analytics guy is not the issue, how the source of data he was provided from the sidelines is the issue of contention. 

A complete lie that you won’t be able to substantiate.

20 minutes ago, runthepost said:

How many games has Andy Reid lost coming off a bye? I’m expecting Mahomes and Hill to torch the Bucs again

18-3 in regular season, with 5-2 in the postseason, with one of them actually losing to Brady and the Patriots as the Eagles head coach in the SB 21-24.

So, none of that matters. This game will again come down to the last 2 minutes, like all SBs with Brady have, except that 13-3 snooze fest against the woeful Rams with Goff.

18 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The Bucs with Brady is probably the only team that actually can beat KC just because of Brady and their high flying offense. Their D is also playing much better now than it did in week 12.  Both tackles being out for KC is also huge. 

I agree...and vice versa too. That is why this is going to be a good SB to watch, if you root for one of them.

Some probably don't even care for either teams. :) 

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree...and vice versa too. That is why this is going to be a good SB to watch, if you root for one of them.

Some probably don't even care for either teams. :) 

I enjoy the SB more when I don't have a team to root for. I think it is going to be a great game. Not sure how it can't be with the two QBs and the offenses. I am really looking forward to it.  The NFL really got a gift in this Covid season to get Brady/Mahomes in Tampa. 

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

If and I said "if" Brady beats the best team in the NFL he should hang up his spikes. What else is left for him to accomplish? Two tough defense and two potent offenses. 

Haven't folks been saying this for the last 6 years and he keeps on adding to his legacy?!

Lol.

Going to Tampa was his biggest risk. Leaving Bill, going to a franchise mired in losing and he has them in the SB. He should definitely keep playing win or lose as Tampa will be a favorite to repeat as conference champs. No Drew Brees in the division. A very unhappy Rodgers playing for the Pack or possibly an AFC team. Bucs are also in good shape salary-wise.

3 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Haven't folks been saying this for the last 6 years and he keeps on adding to his legacy?!

Lol.

Going to Tampa was his biggest risk. Leaving Bill, going to a franchise mired in losing and he has them in the SB. He should definitely keep playing win or lose as Tampa will be a favorite to repeat as conference champs. No Drew Brees in the division. A very unhappy Rodgers playing for the Pack or possibly an AFC team. Bucs are also in good shape salary-wise.

Tom is a very smart person, whether it is football related decisions or off the field interests, IMO. He assessed the situation very well before going there, so it was not as big a risk as folks on the outside thought it was. Despite Winston throwing 30 INTs, the Bucs were still 7-9. He knew that team was loaded with offensive talent, he helped them add more with Gronk and AB, and had young defensive players and a good coaching staff. Eventually, Byron Leftwich got schooled with the Brady way as well on offense and once folks fell in line in unison, the situation became more and more conducive for winning, IMO. 

Guys like Peyton and Tom, no matter where they go, double digit wins with their eyes closed can be predicted, IMO. History has shown that. Tom is now making his mark on a different team just like Peyton did. If Belichick was any better with drafting and/or acquiring offensive talent, Tom would still be a Patriot, IMO. 

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tom is a very smart person, whether it is football related decisions or off the field interests, IMO. He assessed the situation very well before going there, so it was not as big a risk as folks on the outside thought it was. Despite Winston throwing 30 INTs, the Bucs were still 7-9. He knew that team was loaded with offensive talent, he helped them add more with Gronk and AB, and had young defensive players and a good coaching staff. Eventually, Byron Leftwich got schooled with the Brady way as well on offense and once folks fell in line in unison, the situation became more and more conducive for winning, IMO. 

Guys like Peyton and Tom, no matter where they go, double digit wins with their eyes closed can be predicted, IMO. History has shown that. Tom is now making his mark on a different team just like Peyton did. If Belichick was any better with drafting and/or acquiring offensive talent, Tom would still be a Patriot, IMO. 

I agree with all this but Tom is 43. That was the risk IMO. Being that old and going to a new team with no off-season. I mean it is remarkable. Of course Peyton was able to have success in Denver after the neck surgery so that is also remarkable too. I am glad I have been able to watch both of them. I really miss Peyton on the field. I like all these young QBs but his command like Brady's was second to none. I loved watching him dissect. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

TB is wearing white

Only teams to win wearing colored uniforms since SB 39 are Packers 45 Eagles 52 and Chiefs last year 54

Add the fact that the #1 offense hasn't won the SB since the 1999 Rams, we have a patterned recipe for Brady's 7th ring. Brady and the Pats did lose wearing white vs the Eagles, so there is that. :) 

The emotion of Conference Championship Day is over. It was weird not having football on Sunday, I'm not ready for after this weekend yet :( 

But I am ready to make my prediction. I was not expecting this teams to be here (had Packers vs Ravens). I didn't think the Bucs would really make it this year. Thought the Saints were much better, than didn't feel to confident about Packers vs Bucs. But once again we have Sir Thomas Brady playing in another super bowl. I didn't even watch his first one because I was a little kid with better things to do than watch football lol. Now fast forward 19 years and here we are. One the AFC side I really slept on KC, like the media wanted me too.. "Bills raah raah raah"  "This could be the Ravens year, raah raah raah" And the 14-1* Chiefs got into the playoffs and started smacking people around. 

I believe this game, as much as the Bucs weren't necessarily supposed to be there this year, it will be quite interesting for them. Is there pressure? When wildcard teams get into the playoffs, they build this us against the world, road dogs mentality. Well now after winning 3 road games to get here.. they're.. at.. home. In a not so home environment (that make sense?) Imagine being the first team to ever host, and losing :( that stings. 

Brady will get his, I get it "goat" "greatest since sliced bread" but I'll be utterly shocked if the Bucs D cant contain the Chiefs too..

Chiefs 34 Bucs 24

On 1/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Well IMO Sammy Baugh is the GOAT.

Brady has never lead the league in passing, punting and making defensive interceptions in a season.

He is still 2nd all time leader in punting. 

He had one game where he threw for 4 TDs and had 4 defensive interceptions. 

You see, it all can be debated with no one being wrong. 

Peyton Manning is the best QB I have ever watched play, Peyton Manning is also not the greatest QB of all time.

I know this is nothing that should be stated on this site, but the truth is the truth. Brady is the greatest and it is not even a debatable topic anymore. The rings, the playoff record/stats, the passing records, the longevity that is absolutely god like in the NFL, the fact that he is still playing at an ELITE level at his age, and for # sake the guy has played in 4 SB since turning 40.

Pump up Peyton all you would like, there should never be a shortage of singing his praises, they guy was * incredible and my favorite pro athlete of all time. He just isn't the GOAT and that is okay. I don't give a # about some nonsense ball inflation scandals or any of the % about getting to play under BB, Tom Brady has reached greatness at a level that no other QB in NFL history has even sniffed. If a player reaches a level of greatness that NO PLAYER has even even come close to, then that player is the GOAT. There is no debate.

1 hour ago, James said:

Peyton Manning is the best QB I have ever watched play, Peyton Manning is also not the greatest QB of all time.

I know this is nothing that should be stated on this site, but the truth is the truth. Brady is the greatest and it is not even a debatable topic anymore. The rings, the playoff record/stats, the passing records, the longevity that is absolutely god like in the NFL, the fact that he is still playing at an ELITE level at his age, and for # sake the guy has played in 4 SB since turning 40.

Pump up Peyton all you would like, there should never be a shortage of singing his praises, they guy was * incredible and my favorite pro athlete of all time. He just isn't the GOAT and that is okay. I don't give a # about some nonsense ball inflation scandals or any of the % about getting to play under BB, Tom Brady has reached greatness at a level that no other QB in NFL history has even sniffed. If a player reaches a level of greatness that NO PLAYER has even even come close to, then that player is the GOAT. There is no debate.

Brady has reached a point now where he can only be compared to the Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky kinds across sports because he has established being the best in football.

2 hours ago, James said:

That is your opinion. You are certainly entitled to that opinion. 

But yes it is debatable. You see your opinion is just that, your opinion. 

When Brady or any other player in the history of the NFL can say they lead the league in passing, punting and defense then maybe another opinion can count. 

Archived