Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QBs available via trade

Bert Johns

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Watson's going to the 49'ers or Jets.  Stafford is going to the Colt's. 

I doubt he leaves the Texans for the Jets. He has a clause in his contract, he has to approve wherever they try and trade him too. He’s gonna want to go to a contender not another perennial bottom feeder

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I doubt he leaves the Texans for the Jets. He has a clause in his contract, he has to approve wherever they try and trade him too. He’s gonna want to go to a contender not another perennial bottom feeder

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/23/nfl-rumors-deshaun-watson-trade-options-jets-dolphins

According to the report above and several others, Watson is not against going to NYJ.  He seems to want to go to the AFC East -- Buffalo is out as they have a stud in Josh Allen.  Haven't heard much about NE, but doubt Belichick is going to give up a ton of draft capital for him.  MIA could potentially give up Tua and draft picks for him, NYJ could potentially give up Darnold and draft picks for him.  Apparently he also really likes the Jets newly hired head coach... if I had to guess, Watson will be a Jet.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Watson might be potentially available but I can't see a situation where he's available to the Colts. :dunno:

The Texans are going to be asking for a lot of draft picks (potentially 2021, 2022, 2023 first round picks plus later round picks in several of those drafts) and potentially a player.  The Jets and Dolphins have Darnold and Tua to part with if they want to.  I guess we have Eason, but don't think he'd near as desirable.  We are drafting much later than NYJ and Dolphins as well (so not as much to offer) and we're a division rival so they'd probably want more to trade to us who they have to play 2x per year than teams outside of AFC South.  Additionally, Ballard really values his draft picks and we have more than just the QB to fix... I highly doubt we pull something off with Watson.

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

You want to face Darius Leonard twice a year ? And give up two first, that would set us back for the future? I’ll pass 

Leonard’s price tag is going to be high. Leonard and a couple 1st to get Watson, yea I’d do that. Going to cost us to get a QB anyway

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't call Watson official just yet

Even if he was the Texans aren’t trading him within the division.  

35 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Leonard, 2021 1st, and 2022 1st?? Highly unlikely I know but I would think Houston would at least think about it. 

Ballard isn’t going to offer that.

23 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Leonard’s price tag is going to be high. Leonard and a couple 1st to get Watson, yea I’d do that. Going to cost us to get a QB anyway

Yes it is and there is a reason for that.  He’s probably the second best player on this defense and an all-pro level player.  That’s the exact guy Ballard has been saving his money for.  

Colts fans seem to want all pro players but not pay them anything and the moment they cost anything trade them away.  That’s not how the NFL works.  

I also wonder how many of these trade these super stars people will be among the first to complain and call for Ballard’s head when their replacement isn’t near as good as the guy they traded if the Colts really made these trades.  

• Shive changed the title to QBs available via trade

I’m still doubtful that Watson will be playing somewhere other than Houston next season.  It may even be more likely that he sits - although that seems pretty unlikely too.

That said, the CW (which I subscribe to) is that the Texans would do about anything to prevent a trade inside the AFC South.  But, heck, maybe they’d trade him with JAX for the #1 pick?  Still doubtful.

But he does have the leverage of the no trade clause.  And if he really wanted to stick it to the Texans, I guess he could refuse all trades except one inside the division.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Even if he was the Texans aren’t trading him within the division.  

Ballard isn’t going to offer that.

I’d say we’re about 10 times as likely to go after Stafford.  It’s realistic and I think Ballard has the capital it would need to get him here.  On top of that, Stafford would be going to a team that’s nearly ready to compete — with the offensive exceptions of QB and LT.

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I’m still doubtful that Watson will be playing somewhere other than Houston next season.  It may even be more likely that he sits - although that seems pretty unlikely too.

That said, the CW (which I subscribe to) is that the Texans would do about anything to prevent a trade inside the AFC South.  But, heck, maybe they’d trade him with JAX for the #1 pick?  Still doubtful.

But he does have the leverage of the no trade clause.  And if he really wanted to stick it to the Texans, I guess he could refuse all trades except one inside the division.

I don’t think the Jags are interested in trading the top pick.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I’d say we’re about 10 times as likely to go after Stafford.  It’s realistic and I think Ballard has the capital it would need to get him here.  On top of that, Stafford would be going to a team that’s nearly ready to compete — with the offensive exceptions of QB and LT.

I agree if the Colts are going to make a trade for a vet Stafford is the guy.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think the Jags are interested in trading the top pick.

Probably not.  But given that they’re going after  a QB and Watson is already proven (and still young), I’d say the Jags are about the only AFC South team that could get him if they wanted to go that route.  But I’m sure you’re right that they don’t.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Watson is not official at all, he has a no trade clause. I heard if the Texans play hardball his only option is to pull a Carson Palmer is cincy and say "trade me or ill retire"

He no trade clause can be rescinded by his request to a specific team, that’s what they just said during the pre-game before the packers/bucs game

7 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Probably not.  But given that they’re going after  a QB and Watson is already proven (and still young), I’d say the Jags are about the only AFC South team that could get him if they wanted to go that route.  But I’m sure you’re right that they don’t.

Well they are pretty much rebuilding from the ground up so I am guessing they will go with the most sure thing since Andrew Luck in the draft as he’s younger.  I know Watson is still young but he does have wear and tear on him.  If it wasn’t a “can’t miss guy” they might be more interested in trading the top pick but this is a generational talent so I don’t think they will be.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He no trade clause can be rescinded by his request to a specific team, that’s what they just said during the pre-game before the packers/bucs game

Yeah no trade clauses aren’t really no trade clauses they are prevent me from being traded to a team I don’t want to go to clause.  

Maybe throw in Jimmy G on that list with vegas having the niners as better odds for Stafford. I don't get it honestly. Jimmy G is not the most prolific QB, but the guy wins. Look at the two seasons he's hurt. Niners are terrible. The season he's healthy, they go to the super bowl and their 8 mins away from beating the Chiefs.

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Maybe throw in Jimmy G on that list with vegas having the niners as better odds for Stafford. I don't get it honestly. Jimmy G is not the most prolific QB, but the guy wins. Look at the two seasons he's hurt. Niners are terrible. The season he's healthy, they go to the super bowl and their 8 mins away from beating the Chiefs.

Jimmy G can't  stay healthy. If we get him Eason  or whoever the backup  is better  be ready to start

• Shive locked this topic

Archived