Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matthew Stafford and the Lions have agreed to work on a trade (Merge)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you didn't and I like Lance as well, where we disagree is I would give up the 21st pick for Matt, you wouldn't. Fun debate.

 

Could be a moot point as we don't even know what the Lions are looking to get in return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please for the love of god Ballard don't give up a first for a stat QB

Rivers had really good teams, he just failed. Stafford was given the worst of the worst teams and coaches. He's a "stat" guy because that's all he has, just win a shoot out. He's no injury prone at al

You’re nuts if you wouldn’t give up the 21st pick for Stafford.    Sign me up. Pull the trigger, Ballard

Posted Images

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Lance will be there at 21, that is another problem. 

 

Course not. We'd need to trade up. I've seen Lance go between 10-15

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

Good point, but I think it's worth the risk. 

 

A lot of teams are going to agree with you.    We just don't know if the Colts are one of them?

 

Here's the kids Wiki page.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Lance

 

He played one season.    One.    16 starts.    And one unimpressive start this year.    That's it.    Big risk.    Great if it pays off.   But a disaster if it doesn't because we'll likely have to trade up to get him.    And as I always say,  trading up is expensive!   Very, very expensive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazycolt1 said:

 

3 pages of "debate" and CR91 has had half the comments. 

That's not a debate, it's being argumentative. 

With that said no one has a clue of what Ballard's plans are. 

 

Oops :ninja:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Course not. We'd need to trade up. I've seen Lance go between 10-15

I have him going top 10. I think only Lawrence and Fields go before him and I like him better than Fields but Fields has the resume of playing against tougher comp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Course not. We'd need to trade up. I've seen Lance go between 10-15

 

Remember....   by April of last year,  Jordon Love was supposed to go top-15 too.    I think he fell to 26?  28?   Not sure.  But he fell.    I'm just saying don't get locked into where he's going to go this early.    Things are very, very fluid right now.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Remember....   by April of last year,  Jordon Love was supposed to go top-15 too.    I think he fell to 26?  28?   Not sure.  But he fell.    I'm just saying don't get locked into where he's going to go this early.    Things are very, very fluid right now.

 

He looks better than Love but great point, the draft is a crapshoot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have him going top 10. I think only Lawrence and Fields go before him and I like him better than Fields but Fields has the resume of playing against tougher comp.

 

Wilson and Jones have gone high

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Oops :ninja:

I get it if you dislike Stafford so just come out and say it. 

Everyone don't feel the same but that don't make them anymore wrong that you think you are right. 

It's a very long off season already and it hasn't even got a good start yet. :hat:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I get it if you dislike Stafford so just come out and say it. 

Everyone don't feel the same but that don't make them anymore wrong that you think you are right. 

It's a very long off season already and it hasn't even got a good start yet. :hat:

 

I don't. I think Stafford is a good QB. I just don't wanna spend a first. I'd rather trade up if we're gonna do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I get it if you dislike Stafford so just come out and say it. 

Everyone don't feel the same but that don't make them anymore wrong that you think you are right. 

It's a very long off season already and it hasn't even got a good start yet. :hat:

Stafford was just unfortunate to get drafted by one of the worse franchises of all-time. He will win here and our state will treat he and his family like royalty. That is how we do things. We win here. He still despite everything has put up unreal numbers in several seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stafford for our #1 easily (and more if need be). The Colts are ready to win NOW. Too many things can happen if we have to wait even a couple years for a rookie to develop. 

 

Besides, the way Ballard finds talent in day two and beyond, I have no problem without a number 1 pick. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cbear said:

Stafford for our #1 easily (and more if need be). The Colts are ready to win NOW. Too many things can happen if we have to wait even a couple years for a rookie to develop. 

 

Besides, the way Ballard finds talent in day two and beyond, I have no problem without a number 1 pick. 

It will take our 21st and next years 2nd is my guess, I would still do it for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

None of us knows what grade Ballard has on Stafford or any other player for that matter. 

There is a lot of time between now and the draft and I trust Ballard has more of an idea what players are worth than I do. 

I have said all along I would like new blood. Is that player is available?  Hades, I don't know. :thinking:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stafford was just unfortunate to get drafted by one of the worse franchises of all-time. He will win here and our state will treat he and his family like royalty. That is how we do things. We win here. He still despite everything has put up unreal numbers in several seasons.

Yeah, just like we treated Rivers? Not too sure about that :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

None of us knows what grade Ballard has on Stafford or any other player for that matter. 

There is a lot of time between now and the draft and I trust Ballard has more of an idea what players are worth than I do. 

I have said all along I would like new blood. Is that player is available?  Hades, I don't know. :thinking:

I hope is either Stafford or Lance out of the draft. Ballard knows best but if it is Wentz, Darnold, Dalton, or Trubisky I will be wondering what is going on. A big NO to all those guys, that is just me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, just like we treated Rivers? Not too sure about that :dunno:

Most of the people here in the state treated Rivers well from what I have read on the news. Rivers even said he loves it here. There were people in here that didn't like him but I was talking just in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Ballard is going to acquire Stafford. I don’t see any other choice. I just hope it’s not for the 21st overall pick because that pick could be used to draft someone like Trey Lance. 

 

Dak - The price tag will be too high and he’s not leaving Dallas anyway.


Wentz - I think the Eagles have repaired their relationship with him by hiring Nick. He stays in Philly. 

 

Watson - Pipe dream, Texans won’t trade him to us. 

Jameis - Don’t want him. 
 

 

 


 

 

 

There are some more options but nothing that’s going to get fans excited.

 

Fitzmagic, Alex Smith, Mitch from the bears or bringing Jacoby back.  
 

no one would like any of those moves.

 

Also I wouldn’t rule out seeing if the Falcons would part with Ryan (not realistic) or the Eagles with Hurts if they are going with Wentz.  
 

Stafford makes the most sense of the realistic available options if they don’t go with a rookie.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most of the people here in the state treated Rivers well from what I have read on the news. Rivers even said he loves it here. There were people in here that didn't like him but I was talking just in general.

 

I think the poster was talking about how poorly he was treated by those on this website.

 

In a word:  badly.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I think the poster was talking about how poorly he was treated by those on this website.

 

In a word:  badly.

 

Yeah I agree and what is sad is he played good this year. Go figure. I enjoyed the 2020 season despite losing in the playoffs. We put out a good product and kept the fans entertained.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I don't. I think Stafford is a good QB. I just don't wanna spend a first. I'd rather trade up if we're gonna do that.

 

I'm with you CR91. Investing a 1st round pick into a guy that maybe will be with this team for 3 years is not in the best interest of the franchise. I am under the belief that Ballard and company like Eason a lot and wanna see what he can do as their starter in a few years. 

 

With that said, I would much rather spend our 1st round pick on a longterm guy that will be a cornerstone young player at one of our needed key positions (LT, CB, DE, QB) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree and what is sad is he played good this year. Go figure. I enjoyed the 2020 season despite losing in the playoffs. We put out a good product and kept the fans entertained.

 

100 percent!

 

Every year I say the same thing....    I wish this franchise had a much better fan base.

 

Oh well.....        :peek:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

100 percent!

 

Every year I say the same thing....    I wish this franchise had a much better fan base.

 

Oh well.....        :peek:

I think 80% of our fanbase is pretty good but the problem is, it is the 20% that make it look like puke lmao . 20% of people will find anything to complain about no matter how small it is. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

You really think Watson wouldn't succeed no matter where he went? Well if he goes to the jets like he wants, we can see if you're theory holds water.

He just QB's the 4-12 Texans into the 3rd pick in the draft (for the dolphins)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

He just QB's the 4-12 Texans into the 3rd pick in the draft (for the dolphins)

 

Same QB that should have beaten us twice and the titans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I think Stafford makes the most sense. Not sure why people seem to think he's "washed up" at 32. He could go another five years easily. We can't be giving away seasons with the roster we have. It's time to win now.

 

 

I agree

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stafford is just a younger Rivers. As much as you guys want to scream he had no team for years, good QBs make the talent around them better. As CR91 mentioned, he’s never won anything. Throw in the back problems, and he ain’t worth a 1st.

 

Plus he’s 33. There is nothing to suggest he wants to play/ or can play at a high level for another 5 years. Not everyone plays till they’re 38-40 like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Rivers.

 

Any team that pays a 1st for Stafford is crazy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

Same QB that should have beaten us twice and the titans.

Watson is very good if not great, nobody is denying that but 4-12 is 4-12. That is like me getting on here and saying, well we outplayed the Bills in the playoffs and should have won (which I have posted at least 5 times) but nobody seems to care. We lost and that is all people look at. Not saying it is right but that is football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ar7 said:

Stafford is going to be the best option for the Colts this offseason but i'm not all about acquiring him at any cost. As talented as this team is they are not just a quarterback away. There are other holes on this team. As important as the QB situation is I don't think it would be a good move to give up a bunch of your assets for a QB that probably has another 5 good years left. 

 

Also, I think the 49ers and Broncos are the important ones in all of this given where they pick in the first round this year. They can easily beat out what the Colts  or Washington can offer. If either of those two teams want Stafford the Colts are going to be out of the running. 

Agree somewhat. I think Stafford will want some power in terms of what team he goes to. Detroit can pursue a trade to say Denver, but Stafford is not wanting to go to a dumpster fire. I think with what the Colts have achieved, Stafford would like Indy. Plus it is a dome team like Detroit.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You're going to hang 4-12 on DeShaun Watson?      Seriously?

 

Wow.....

 

It is definitely not on Watson but our loss to Buffalo wasn't on Rivers which some blame him for that. QB's get the glory when they win or get blamed when they lose by most.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the logic of drafting a quarterback this year as a "project" when we drafted a quarterback last year as a "project."

i think they go with Eason as the backup to see if he will be ready to take over in two or three years. I don't think they draft another quarterback until they find out if Eason can play.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson is very good if not great, nobody is denying that but 4-12 is 4-12. That is like me getting on here and saying, well we outplayed the Bills in the playoffs and should have won (which I have posted at least 5 times) but nobody seems to care. We lost and that is all people look at. Not saying it is right but that is football.

 

I'm just saying. You don't put that on Watson

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

If the colts want to use their first round pick on a QB, then trade up and get Trey Lance. He's gonna be a star. He's a bigger Watson with just as big an arm and running ability.

I am not in favour of a raw qb who sat a year out of college. He needed all the football he could get

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Shive changed the title to Matthew Stafford and the Lions have agreed to work on a trade (Merge)
  • Shive locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I like the breakdown and agree although i caveat with this:   I don't think Leno or Fisher was 2-3 year deals unless they get what their market is before being cut.   And I do not think CB is going to big against himself to do that.   Leno basically made $8M-$9M each year ($8.8, $5.0, $8.1, $8.1) and was slated to make $9.0M this year before cut.   If the Colts are going to offer him $8-$9M a year I think he would gladly take a 2-3 year deal. But if the Colts are bargain shopping then I think he and Fisher will both be happy to take 1 year deals and prove their worth and re-enter the market next year when there is a lot more money to go around.   Fisher probably won't go for a 2-3 year deal unless he is making $10M+    I would actually ideally like to see us give one of them a 2-3 year deal where we have cost control on a decent contract for a year or two beyond this one.   I think that is a big win if so. More likely scenario has us giving one of them a $6M-$8M deal for a year and then having to either try to extend them if it works out or let them walk if it doesn't. 
    • Best option if healthy - Fisher (will still likely want 2-3 years)   Safest option - Leno (likely wants 3 years min)   Most expensive option - Leno   Cheapest short term option with a level of safety - Okung (PFF predicts a 3 year deal, which I don't see).   IMO, if you don't grab one of those guys, or other quality FA, you'll end up starting Tevi. If you start Tevi, before long you're moving Nelson to LT.... Ballard likely doesn't want to give Leno 3-4 years and high dollars. FIsher comes with risk. IDK... 
    • Here's what PFF says, and how they rank them in terms of FAs available.   In short, Houston had the worst pass rush graded year of his career, but still was top 10 in pass rush win rate. Kerrigan on the other had a career worst year all around, was really lousy vs the run, while many expected a bump up in production per snap due to the reduced role.   If Houston would take a one year deal, I'd rather give him 10M than give Kerrigan 5M.     Don't forget we lost 2 (Autry and Houston) and added 3 (Paye, Dayo, Rochell). So even if Dayo takes longer, we're still even net/net with the addition of Rochell.    I agree he could start over Banogu. As long as Turay is deemed healthy enough to play, he'd be a better passing downs rusher than Kerrigan. Kerrigan wouldn't play on running downs at all for us. He'd be a rotational or depth pass rush specialist at best.
    • Man i respect you. But I just have to say the talent gradient in college is so vast compared to the NFL. I Trust Ballard. It makes sense and no way in hell am i making that trade. Whatever happened to sitting a kid for a year? I mean you got a bag, buy in or gtho.
    • Granson is a Burton type small hybrid, that probably doesn't block as well as Burton. Wasn't a huge fan of Burton, or really the level of usage from the slot. We'll see, but he just doesn't wow me, and will need to be used correctly to get the most out of him. He's definitely not a typical TE type.    Strachan is a raw small school project. Surprised we took another X type WR. Guessing Patmon isn't progressing as well as they hoped. Either that or think Patmon can play somewhere else (slot or Z) and I just have a hard time seeing that. Or maybe they think he can pack on pounds and become a TE or jumbo WR hybrid. I like his as a project though with low expectation.   IMO, the best pick of Day 3, or I should say the pick most likely to compete for starter snaps is Davis. SAF was a secondary need for me. I could see him pushing Willis by mid season if not earlier. He is physically more gifted, but probably less of a nose for the ball than Willis. There were other Ss I would have preferred, but he's decent. I'm just glad we grabbed one after losing a very solid Wilson.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...