Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles hire Colts' DBs Coach Jonathan Gannon for DC

19 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The bright side of the Colts losing coaches is that it means that we have a really good coaching staff in place. People should be raiding our staff. It’s the mark of any great front office.

the top teams dont seem to want our coaches

1 hour ago, DEFENSE said:

new style defense, bring in wade phillips

Why change the style, when we excelled in the current scheme and the players we have fit in that scheme?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

He retired. I doubt he is interested. 

I know, I was joking, but after being a HC and a DC, DB coach seems like a nice retirement project....kinda like woodworking. 

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He retired. I doubt he is interested. 

Kind of think @Sumo63was kidding with the suggestion of potentially bringing Pagano in as a DB coach. 

Pagano is retired, so I highly doubt he's going to be coaching again.  And if he was to go back to coaching, after being a fairly successful HC (he went 53-43 in a position where apparently he was being overruled by Grigson in terms of what players to play/not play... went to an AFC Championship game in his 3rd season and only had 1 losing season in 6 seasons, which was when his franchise QB missed the entire year, he went 8-8 the year when Luck played 7 games and went 2-5 in them and 8-8 in a  year where Luck played 15 games but was battling injuries) and a successful d-coordinator... I highly, highly doubt it wouldn't be to take a pay cut and be a position coach (especially on a team who runs a defense which doesn't fit his defensive philosophy).

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He has more support in the NFL because its the easy side to take.  The players will agree.  The media will agree.   Its easy to claim HOU is culturally insensitive, because there is no consequences for being wrong, and there are no consequences for lying about being offended.   Its easy to never apologize for claiming that McNair is "just like his father" because there are no consequences about being wrong about falsely stereotyping certain people.    Its easy to say that any good player should not have to languish on a bad team.   Its easy to trade him, and make everybody happy....the NFL (by getting him into a "proper" market).   I'm sure HOU will eventually take the easy way.
    • My first thought is LT or DE, but would say that at least so far the early draft of Rock at CB hasnt gone well   We still dont have an answer long term at CB, (Maybe Tell steps up into the role)   I do believe that our CBs will look better if we have a little better rush on the edges......   With at least one glaring hole on the OL and one glaring hole on the DL, it will be interesting to see how CB addresses this draft   Does he stay with his mantra of "lines first" or does he get more of a pure BPA, which could include WRs, TEs, S, and CBs that  would surprise many (or some) fans        
    • actually i think we should move on from Wilkins and i know Ballard could fine a better upgrade for him
    • Thanks for posting   The board up to 21, could very well play out like that   IMHO, I think Cosmi may be a little early, but he is one of the few that could start day one at LT   I think with the top LTs off the board, per your draft list , CB trades the pick to someone later in round 1 or early round 2 (Cosmi may still be on the board)   Thanks again    
    • Because he doesn't have to actually commit a crime in order to execute the same hostage-taking criminal mentality.  Trying to acquire a trendy weapon by claiming HOU had flawed hiring practices because they did not interview Eric Bienemy.  Its slander.  Its the same person at the soul, whether its a multimillionaire or a common street criminal.  Using more sophisticated weapons doesn't change the mind of a low life.    His defenders are trying to make his stupid statement disappear by bringing up stuff he never talked about.  Because they know it was stupid and a huge overreach.....but they can't admit that directly.  LOL.
  • Members

• BProland85

BProland85 1,387

• Nate!

Nate! 212

• Hoose

Hoose 1,084

• NFLfan

NFLfan 8,290

Moderators
    • stitches

stitches 8,006