Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts promote Marcus Brady to OC (merge)

w87r

• w87r changed the title to Colts promote Marcus Brady to OC (merge)

Great to see people promoted within. It's not always the best option but obviously Ballard/Reich don't do this if Brady wasn't doing a great job. 

It will be interesting to see who they hire as a QB coach and if the Colts find another up and coming coach for that spot.

28 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What's one thing got to do with the other?

I'm a Wentz denier (lol), uhh.. but I don't see this move as changing the teams view of him

Based from what I saw, Philly will actually have a good coach that knows how to use players, and speculation was Wentz returning as the starter. 

48 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I was hoping we'd grab an experienced OC, there's more than a few available..

Someone may be more experienced, but it doesn’t mean their views on offense mesh with Frank’s.  

Marcus knows what the job is.   No doubt he helped Sirianni do his job as well during the week.    Now Brady gets to move one chair over.  Frank knows him and the kid knows Frank.   

I know what you’re saying.  This is pretty straight forward.  I don’t think Reich and Ballard would elevate the kid if he wasn’t ready.  

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Someone may be more experienced, but it doesn’t mean their views on offense mesh with Frank’s.  

Marcus knows what the job is.   No doubt he helped Sirianni do his job as well during the week.    Now Brady gets to move one chair over.  Frank knows him and the kid knows Frank.   

I know what you’re saying.  This is pretty straight forward.  I don’t think Reich and Ballard would elevate the kid if he wasn’t ready.  

For some, this is the reason why it was lauded when Reich was hired and would be heavily invested in running the offense. So far, the contingency plan has worked. Nick has left, but with Reich, the system remains. A much different situation compared to the Luck Era. 

Love it or hate it, Reich’s offense is still here. Now, how much will Brady tweak it is the question. 

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

So...he's going to call plays?

No, I’m confidant a first time OC is suddenly going to be our play caller.

At this point, Frank will call plays with strong input from the OC.   It was that way with Sirianni, it will be that way with Brady.  

Torn on this. Not really torn, just honestly don't have a clue what to think.

His CFL team's O was up and down. I haven't dug in to gain context though. Given Sirianni didn't call plays, I doubt Brady does either. 

I think I would have preferred us to hire an experienced play caller that would come in and actually call plays. I do like hearing that he likes a more open offense, but if he's not calling plays, not sure how much that will impact things. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Torn on this. Not really torn, just honestly don't have a clue what to think.

His CFL team's O was up and down. I haven't dug in to gain context though. Given Sirianni didn't call plays, I doubt Brady does either. 

I think I would have preferred us to hire an experienced play caller that would come in and actually call plays. I do like hearing that he likes a more open offense, but if he's not calling plays, not sure how much that will impact things. 

I have been hearing he loves to open things up as well. A system like his may fit a QB like Stafford perfectly the way Stafford loves to fling it. I still hope we run the ball a lot.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been hearing he loves to open things up as well. A system like his may fit a QB like Stafford perfectly the way Stafford loves to fling it. I still hope we run the ball a lot.

I just don't see us being that much "wide open" with Reich calling plays. But who knows.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I just don't see us being that much "wide open" with Reich calling plays. But who knows.

I think there’s a good chance you’re right.  

But if you think of Eason as a candidate to be our future,  he would seem out of place in a dink and dunk, or ball control offense.  Wouldn’t the team want to use Eason’s arm to stretch the field?   Make the defense defend more space?   

I would think with better or more weapons at WR and TE, our offense could get stretched out more.    I agree, perhaps not wide open, but maybe more wide open-ish.  

Archived