Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts promote Marcus Brady to OC (merge)


Recommended Posts

  • w87r changed the title to Colts promote Marcus Brady to OC (merge)

I think this was a good move...now we will find out if Sirianni  was making the calls or Reich... another plus the eagles feel like Siranni will be able to work and help Wentz !! Yes... did not want his contract that starts this year... 70 mil guaranteed & 128 mil...

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Nice move

Yeah I really like this move, hire from within.

 

I like him being called rising star by Mort. His name was hot lately with couple teams inquiring about him.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see people promoted within. It's not always the best option but obviously Ballard/Reich don't do this if Brady wasn't doing a great job. 

 

It will be interesting to see who they hire as a QB coach and if the Colts find another up and coming coach for that spot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

This is fantastic, and now everyone can stop the Wentz talk. 

What's one thing got to do with the other?

 

I'm a Wentz denier (lol), uhh.. but I don't see this move as changing the teams view of him

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What's one thing got to do with the other?

 

I'm a Wentz denier (lol), uhh.. but I don't see this move as changing the teams view of him

 

Based from what I saw, Philly will actually have a good coach that knows how to use players, and speculation was Wentz returning as the starter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Didn’t he get lost in his own museum once?

 

Ope, I’m sorry. That was Marcus BrOdy. My bad. As you were. 

Thought the same thing! So funny 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Based from what I saw, Philly will actually have a good coach that knows how to use players, and speculation was Wentz returning as the starter. 

Ah, cool, got it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

I was hoping we'd grab an experienced OC, there's more than a few available..

If we’re being honest we already have one: his name is Frank Reich.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I was hoping we'd grab an experienced OC, there's more than a few available..

Someone may be more experienced, but it doesn’t mean their views on offense mesh with Frank’s.  
 

Marcus knows what the job is.   No doubt he helped Sirianni do his job as well during the week.    Now Brady gets to move one chair over.  Frank knows him and the kid knows Frank.   
 

I know what you’re saying.  This is pretty straight forward.  I don’t think Reich and Ballard would elevate the kid if he wasn’t ready.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Someone may be more experienced, but it doesn’t mean their views on offense mesh with Frank’s.  
 

Marcus knows what the job is.   No doubt he helped Sirianni do his job as well during the week.    Now Brady gets to move one chair over.  Frank knows him and the kid knows Frank.   
 

I know what you’re saying.  This is pretty straight forward.  I don’t think Reich and Ballard would elevate the kid if he wasn’t ready.  

For some, this is the reason why it was lauded when Reich was hired and would be heavily invested in running the offense. So far, the contingency plan has worked. Nick has left, but with Reich, the system remains. A much different situation compared to the Luck Era. 
 

Love it or hate it, Reich’s offense is still here. Now, how much will Brady tweak it is the question. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

So...he's going to call plays?

No, I’m confidant a first time OC is suddenly going to be our play caller.

 

At this point, Frank will call plays with strong input from the OC.   It was that way with Sirianni, it will be that way with Brady.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Torn on this. Not really torn, just honestly don't have a clue what to think.

 

His CFL team's O was up and down. I haven't dug in to gain context though. Given Sirianni didn't call plays, I doubt Brady does either. 

 

I think I would have preferred us to hire an experienced play caller that would come in and actually call plays. I do like hearing that he likes a more open offense, but if he's not calling plays, not sure how much that will impact things. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Torn on this. Not really torn, just honestly don't have a clue what to think.

 

His CFL team's O was up and down. I haven't dug in to gain context though. Given Sirianni didn't call plays, I doubt Brady does either. 

 

I think I would have preferred us to hire an experienced play caller that would come in and actually call plays. I do like hearing that he likes a more open offense, but if he's not calling plays, not sure how much that will impact things. 

 

 

I have been hearing he loves to open things up as well. A system like his may fit a QB like Stafford perfectly the way Stafford loves to fling it. I still hope we run the ball a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been hearing he loves to open things up as well. A system like his may fit a QB like Stafford perfectly the way Stafford loves to fling it. I still hope we run the ball a lot.

 

I just don't see us being that much "wide open" with Reich calling plays. But who knows.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

 

I just don't see us being that much "wide open" with Reich calling plays. But who knows.

I think there’s a good chance you’re right.  
 

But if you think of Eason as a candidate to be our future,  he would seem out of place in a dink and dunk, or ball control offense.  Wouldn’t the team want to use Eason’s arm to stretch the field?   Make the defense defend more space?   

 

I would think with better or more weapons at WR and TE, our offense could get stretched out more.    I agree, perhaps not wide open, but maybe more wide open-ish.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • @Superman   @w87r   So, among many things, I get e-mail from Sports Illustrated every day.   And the other day,  there was this article written by Andew Brandt, who used to handle the contracts and salary cap issues for the Packers for 10 years.    And one thing he wrote jumped off the page at me.     Now, here's why I remind our two resident Salary Cap experts I noted above about something they have both talked about,  but I haven't seen either of them talk about this year.   Roll Over.   According to Brandt,  the Colts have the MOST SALARY CAP ROLLOVER in the NFL.   $30 MIl.    So, whatever the general 2021 team salary cap turns out to be,  you can add $30 Mill for the Colts.     I'm going to do two things.     I'm going to link the entire article for everyone.    It's free, non-premium,   and I'm also going to cut and paste the key section for everyone to read right here.      OK....    here's the article...   https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/02/business-of-football-understanding-the-salary-cap-dead-money?suid=5cc1cc3a3f92a475c0234f43&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI Extra 030221&utm_term=SI Extra - USE THIS - List
    • Jets take Zach Wilson  dolphins up
    • I have to agree. His draft order is not always spot on but his ability to evaluate talent is always in the ballpark as to what GMs agree on.  As it turned out Tobin's rant ended up being pretty lame after Trev Alberts ended up being one of the Colts all time bust. Not only was Alberts a bust, so was Tobin. 
    • I don’t know why after so many years there are so many people who still believe Kiper  doesn’t know what he’s talking about? The exact opposite is true.   Always has been.   He’s lasted more than 35 years and for very good reason.    But I’ve been reading this here since I showed up nearly nine years ago.  Some falsehoods die slowly around here.   
  • Members

    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 8,375

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • funktacious2

      funktacious2 399

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solid84

      Solid84 12

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • UKColt13

      UKColt13 161

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • shasta519

      shasta519 2,829

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RDNScot

      RDNScot 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Peytonator

      The Peytonator 455

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt Overseas

      Colt Overseas 556

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Gyworks

      Gyworks 13

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WoolMagnet

      WoolMagnet 3,113

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...