Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone think there’s a chance he leaves San Fran? They’ve got a lot of decisions to make and can’t franchise tag him, as well as a very limited amount of cap space. We could certainly outbid them. 

Imagine a left side of him and Big Q with Jonathan Taylor running behind them. We would easily have the best line in the game. 

• Like 2

It is possible. I think from the Colts point of view, moving Braden Smith to left tackle opens up the draft for us, IMO. 

Also, from a cap space point of view, the Steelers are way up against the cap. I would try to get Alejandro Villaneuva from them if I could for a couple of years. If Big Ben retires, he might be open to moving. 

• Like 1

I've said it in a previous post but I do think getting a veteran FA Left Tackle signed for two years has to be an option to be considered, until we get the QB position resolved long term. I think if we can get in a free agent at LT and DE (Williams/Okung/Villenuava and say Dupree/Hendrickson, etc.) that can save us draft capital to trade up and take our franchise QB.   

The are some good options in the first and second round for Left Tackles but signing someone like Trent Williams would definitely be something this front office should also be looking at if he were to become available.

• Like 2

Williams, Okung, and Villanueva will all be 33 next season — same age as Costanzo. Maybe Ballard signs one as a stopgap but it shouldn’t preclude him from drafting a left tackle early.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I would hope not. Especially, if your drafting folks in the 1st and 2nd Rd. I expect most 1st Rd players to contribute as rookies. 2nd Rd picks, should be starting or heavily contributing by year two IMO. You don’t draft guys in the 1st or 2nd rounds, that take 3-4 years to develop. If, they take that long, call it what it is, a bad pick.     
    • Here's where things stand, 9 days before the draft. Updates since my 3/26 post are bolded: (dollars rounded a bit)   Unrestricted free agents signed from other teams DE Isaac Rochell (former Charger) OT Sam Tevi (former Charger) OT Julién Davenport (former Dolphin) G Chris Reed (former Panther)   Colts unrestricted free agents re-signed RB Marlon Mack (1-yr, $2M) CB Xavier Rhodes (1-yr, $6.5M) WR T.Y. Hilton (1-yr, $10M, $8M guaranteed) C Joey Hunt (1-yr, $1M) DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (1-yr, $3.4M) CB T.J. Carrie (1-yr, $2M)   Colts restricted free agents re-signed S George Odum (right of first refusal, $2.1M) WR Zach Pascal (2nd round, $3.4M)   Colts restricted free agents tendered TE Mo Alie-Cox (2nd round, $3.4M, pending)   Colts exclusive rights free agents re-signed WR Ashton Dulin (1-yr extension) DT Taylor Stallworth (1-yr extension)   Acquired via trade QB Carson Wentz (from Eagles for 2 draft picks)   Claimed from other teams DT Andrew Brown (from Texans via waivers)   Colts unrestricted free agents signed by other teams DT Denico Autry (to the Titans, 3-yr, $21.5M, $9M guaranteed) QB Jacoby Brissett (to the Dolphins, 1-yr, $5M, fully guaranteed) LB Anthony Walker (to the Browns, 1-yr, $3.5M) S Tavon Wilson (to the 49ers, 1-yr, $1M)   Colts restricted Free Agents signed by other teams (not tendered by Colts) CB Tremon Smith (to the Texans, 1-yr, $1M)   Remaining unrestricted free agents TE Trey Burton OT Le’Raven Clark OT Chaz Green S Malik Hooker DE Justin Houston   Retirements QB Philip Rivers OT Anthony Castonzo   Reserve/Futures Contracts Defense CB Andre Chachere CB Roderic Teamer CB Will Sunderland DT Chris Williams DT Kameron Cline DT Rob Windsor S Ibraheim Campbell Offense G Jake Eldrenkamp G Sam Jones OT Carter O’Donnell RB Darius Anderson RB Paul Perkins TE Andrew Vollert TE Farrod Green WR Quartney Davis Special Teams P Austin Rehkow   Most data for this list was obtained from https://coltswire.usatoday.com/.
    • But in what is called a weak DE draft class, how much if any will a 1st or especially a 2nd round pick improve the DE group??
  • Members

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 1,191

• Smonroe

Smonroe 2,327

• joecolts

joecolts 214

• superrep1967

superrep1967 562

• LJpalmbeacher2

LJpalmbeacher2 1,970

• MPStack