Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone think there’s a chance he leaves San Fran? They’ve got a lot of decisions to make and can’t franchise tag him, as well as a very limited amount of cap space. We could certainly outbid them. 

Imagine a left side of him and Big Q with Jonathan Taylor running behind them. We would easily have the best line in the game. 

• Like 2

It is possible. I think from the Colts point of view, moving Braden Smith to left tackle opens up the draft for us, IMO. 

Also, from a cap space point of view, the Steelers are way up against the cap. I would try to get Alejandro Villaneuva from them if I could for a couple of years. If Big Ben retires, he might be open to moving. 

• Like 1

I've said it in a previous post but I do think getting a veteran FA Left Tackle signed for two years has to be an option to be considered, until we get the QB position resolved long term. I think if we can get in a free agent at LT and DE (Williams/Okung/Villenuava and say Dupree/Hendrickson, etc.) that can save us draft capital to trade up and take our franchise QB.   

The are some good options in the first and second round for Left Tackles but signing someone like Trent Williams would definitely be something this front office should also be looking at if he were to become available.

• Like 2

Williams, Okung, and Villanueva will all be 33 next season — same age as Costanzo. Maybe Ballard signs one as a stopgap but it shouldn’t preclude him from drafting a left tackle early.