Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look I am not going to argue with you. His agent had a lot of inside info on which teams were interested. How do you think Kansas City traded up just above where saints were going to take him. 

How did he keep the other teams from drafting him?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones won’t be a top 5 QB from the 2021 draft. Picking him, even at 21, won’t happen because he won’t be the best player available. 

In 2020, he threw the ball from outside the pocket about 10% of the time. More than a third of his completions were screens. Over half his yards were YAC. He will get eaten alive in the NFL. He was a scheme QB at one of the best programs in the history of college football. 

Most QBs get less mobile as they age in the NFL. He’s already a statue.

People can post all the photoshops they want of him in a Colts jersey but believe me, he’s not the guy. 

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I would move on to free agents and the draft if they wont take a couple of seconds.  They could always call back but I would not call them again.

I'd be looking at Ryan Fitzpatrick, he was better than Wentz last year and he said he wants to keep going.  I dont see Carson as a big priority, just someone to inquire about and move on if we dont get him.

For expensive QBs, I think Ryan and Wentz can each be better than Phil was last year, leading to more wins.  But neither is a commitment after two years.

I don't think Fitz can be better, and you know he's only good for two years, tops.

I would rather try for a younger guy with the idea that if he's good enough in those two years, you found your long term QB.  And then Eason can be the backup/compete as contracts come up.

I suppose Darnold fits that description, but I just think it won't take more than two months to see that he's not the answer.  Even Mariota would be better risk, IMO.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That Is False Stacey Plaskett GIF by GIPHY News

There was an article on the agent telling kc who he thought they had to jump in front of.  He wanted mahomes going to kc because he thought it was the better fit for him.  I don't know where i read it though.  i can try to find it.

I think @Chloe6124 is referring to that.

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Imagine if it's actually Ballard and Reich from the Colts side and Roseman and Sirianni from Philly side on a zoom call thinking about what to do with Wentz...

Roseman: So... now that we have the deal for no. 6 ready... wanna help us with that Wentz thing?

Reich: No, no... I thought I was clear - I don't want anything to do with Wentz. 

Roseman: Nah, I don't mean for the Colts... lets make the Bears "outbid" you. 

Ballard: OK... what do we do? Should I let Schefter know we are pushing for Wentz?

Sirianni: You sure you want to burn that bridge? We can always use Dan Sileo or Fosh... they eat that ship up. I already told Fosh we are having a call at 9am today. 

Reich: Alright, Tell them "the Colts believe they can fix Wentz and are pushing hard for him..."... throw out some nonesense about 2 firsts or first and ... Darius Leonard. 

Roseman: They can't be this stupid to buy this stuff, can they? 

Ballard: You never know until you try... 

that’s how the big deals get done. :thmup:

16 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

In 2020, he threw the ball from outside the pocket about 10% of the time. More than a third of his completions were screens. Over half his yards were YAC.

Sure sounds a lot like a certain 7 time SB Champ, to me?

I wish that the Bears would just do the trade so the Colts can work on our Eagles trade for their #6 pick & Foles.  Eagles could potentially come out of the deal with 4 1sts (picks 20 & 21 this year & Bears & Colts first next year) for Wentz & the #6.  Plus some young players from both teams.  How could the Eagles pass on that?  Even if they only get a 1st & a 2nd and young players from the Bears they’d make out great.  Bears holding up the line. 

12 minutes ago, buccolts said:

"No worries"....    WE'RE ON PAGE 88 PAL!

:default_20smile:

And the 2nd thread.

Im ready for number 3 if Im being completely honest.

This is the most quiet time of the SB calendar and we are getting to be entertained with highs and lows on a daily. 

5 hours ago, Shive said:

This is what kills me. The Eagles want similar compensation (2 1sts) as we saw in the Stafford Trade, but there's a huge difference between those 2 players. With Stafford, you know you're getting a QB that has been playing at a high level for a long time now. With Wentz, he had early success, got injured, and hasn't looked great since he came back. I thought LA gave up way too much for Stafford and the Eagles are insane to think they'd be getting the same draft capital for a player that has shown nowhere near the consistent success, and has looked especially bad most recently.

I'd be wary trading for Wentz at all, but if we did, anything over one 1st, plus some sort of compensation (draft pick/player) for Wentz would be a non-starter.

Whats crazy about it is the rams traded more so that they could get rid of Goff contract. 

The eagles would be saving money plus getting their asking price. They're being greedy and its not working. 

morgan freeman wtf GIF

Im guessing this whole saga is a lot closer to the beginning than it is the end. Especially if Roseman has set a price that is simply not going to happen, and he’s going to play chicken with it. 

Maybe we should freshen this thread up and ask if Ballard is still calling Easterby 15 times a day to ask about Watson in hopes that he finally just gives in to shut him up...

I certainly hope so. 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Eagles already have Miles Sanders so I am not sure

But honestly, at this point, wouldn’t you be open to moving on from Sanders? I mean I can see it if some people wouldn’t, but conversely I can absolutely see it if they would in fact be ready to move on from him. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

But honestly, at this point, wouldn’t you be open to moving on from Sanders? I mean I can see it if some people wouldn’t, but conversely I can absolutely see it if they would in fact be ready to move on from him. 

Have you seen his stats 

He had nearly 1000 rushing yards in only 12 games behind a makeshift OL

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

And the 2nd thread.

Im ready for number 3 if Im being completely honest.

This is the most quiet time of the SB calendar and we are getting to be entertained with highs and lows on a daily. 

If nothing's finalized, or shot down, March 17th is a long way off. That's a lot of pages.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Said it before 

Jones has weaknesses but we can cover them up

Why so you want some with weaknesses when he have a guy already on the roster with a elite arm. I doubt Ballard goes for a guy like Jones with Eason already on the roster. If he goes for a QB it will be someone with unique qualities.

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Have you seen his stats 

He had nearly 1000 rushing yards in only 12 games behind a makeshift OL

He hasn’t been BAD, but there’s better options. Specifically if there was a chance to replace him with Montgomery... The only person who would turn that down would be the guy who said us being in trade talks for Wentz will make other QBs less likely to want to come here. 

Not even Roseman himself would bungle that one. 

Probably. haha

Archived