Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think they want him. They brought in his QB coach. Same QB that threw 33 TD and 7 pics under Reich. 

It could be a smokescreen so other teams don’t get involved with any talks. Jason has been pretty good with his info but it’s possible Reich gets more information and maybe Eagles grant him permission to talk to Wentz. I could see a change of heart.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I dont love it, but hes probably better than Eason and maybe whoever is going to be left at the 21st pick.  I could see him being a decent bridge but doubt hes the long term guy

Why is Darnold better then Eason. He actually has a track record of bad football while Eason is a blank slate and hasn’t been broken by a bad organization.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why is Darnold better then Eason. He actually has a track record of bad football while Eason is a blank slate and hasn’t been broken by a bad organization.

What I found encouraging was the fact that Reich said he has had conversations with Peyton about potential QB options  for the Colts this year.  That makes me think they are seriously thinking about making a trade for one of the top veteran QB's that could be on the market and they want his opinion on them.  So I'm hoping they are truly serious about a significant upgrade to Rivers and they zero in on the guy they want and go get him.  I'm hoping Darnold is plan C but they are successful in trading for plan B.  Missing out on Stafford, plan A, might actually work in our favor as they negotiate the trade.  They don't want to go to C as a last resort.  

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well yeah it is hard to say for sure what we have in Jacob.  If I had to bet on one right now for next year I would go with Sam though.

I dont like our options at the moment.  Looking for cast offs, hoping someone falls in the draft or gambling that Eason is going to be good

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They aren't going to trade him here,

i dont actually expect that, i doubt he plays for them again though.  He sounds pretty willing to sit out, and there are some articles from guys like chis sims saying they have heard hes done there.

i wont be surprised at all if he sits and eventually forces a trade 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont actually expect that, i doubt he plays for them again though.  He sounds pretty willing to sit out, and there are some articles from guys like chis sims saying they have heard hes done there.

I 100% support Watson sitting out all year

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

If he sits he pushes his 35 million for 2022 down the road another year

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Fans need to step back and sniff some smelling salts. Watson isn't going to be a Colt.

Its just a post on a message board, hes the best QB on the trade market and we need one.  Im tired of hearing about certain guys myself but not him 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

So they’re saying Jacksonville gets Lawrence. Houston (through trade with the Jets) gets Fields or Wilson and we get stuck with Darnold???  How in God’s name would we compete in the division with that proven loser?  Seems like a setup to sink the Colts to the bottom of the AFC South.  Just roll with Eason.  

I already know PFF has Darnold towards the bottom of all their rankings as a professional.  I’d like to see how he rated his sophomore & junior years in college?  Because the numbers really weren’t that impressive. Seemed like a QB who’s stock got pushed up just because he was a QB from USC.  He had no business going in the top 10 and we have no business giving up anything of value over what we spent in the draft on Eason (a 4th round pick).

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If he sits he pushes his 35 million for 2022 down the road another year

Yes that is a ridiculous number, but he is worth 20+ million already. It doesnt sound like the money is a big factor to him right now.

12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

So they’re saying Jacksonville gets Lawrence. Houston (through trade with the Jets) gets Fields or Wilson and we get stuck with Darnold???  How in God’s name would we compete in the division with that proven loser?  Seems like a setup to sink the Colts to the bottom of the AFC South.  Just roll with Eason.  

I already know PFF has Darnold towards the bottom of all their rankings as a professional.  I’d like to see how he rated his sophomore & junior years in college?  Because the numbers really weren’t that impressive. Seemed like a QB who’s stock got pushed up just because he was a QB from USC.  He had no business going in the top 10 and we have no business giving up anything of value over what we spent in the draft on Eason (a 4th round pick).

Darnold got sacked 35 times in 12 games 

Rivers got sacked 19 times in 16 games 

Its actually 14 if you don't count the 5 from Steelers when AC and Smith were out.

His coaches were terrible too

Lets not act like Darnold is worst option 

Chances are if Jets want to unload him he could be had for a day 2 pick and would be a solid cheap option going forward. 

Worst case it doesn't work out but I won't lose sleep over it

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Darnold got sacked 35 times in 12 games 

Rivers got sacked 19 times in 16 games 

Its actually 14 if you don't count the 5 from Steelers when AC and Smith were out.

His coaches were terrible too

Lets not act like Darnold is worst option 

Chances are if Jets want to unload him he could be had for a day 2 pick and would be a solid cheap option going forward. 

Worst case it doesn't work out but I won't lose sleep over it

Maybe a lot of those 35 sacks were Darnold’s fault because he’s just not that good?  Robbie Anderson couldn’t get over 750 yards in a season with Darnold.  1 season with McCown (still on the same terrible Jets team) he puts up 900 plus.  First season with Teddy Bridgewater he’s over 1000.  If the Jets are willing to get rid of him over drafting Sewell, that should tell us everything we need to know.  Dude is a bust.  

And how do we know he’s not the worst option?  Never finishing a season with a QBR over 45 (Trubisky has done that) says he may actually be the worst option.  I’d rather go with your fave Mac Jones.  Or even Winston.  Or go after Carr.  Bringing in Mr Turnover Sam Darnold for significant draft capital would be a disaster.  He’d be in an all new system.  So if we started him it would basically be like starting a rookie.  Hard pass.  

Eason had more pedigree going into college.  Circumstances kept him off the field.  Yet when he was on it, he didn’t turn it over at the rate of Sam.  Sam has been given a chance and has mostly flopped.  Why does he deserve another over Eason getting a first chance?  We haven’t turned into one of the better organizations in the league by taking proven busts from dysfunctional organizations thinking that we can fix them when they just weren’t very good to begin with...  No thanks. 

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Maybe a lot of those 35 sacks were Darnold’s fault because he’s just not that good?  Robbie Anderson couldn’t get over 750 yards in a season with Darnold.  1 season with McCown (still on the same terrible Jets team) he puts up 900 plus.  First season with Teddy Bridgewater he’s over 1000.  If the Jets are willing to get rid of him over drafting Sewell, that should tell us everything we need to know.  Dude is a bust.  

And how do we know he’s not the worst option?  Never finishing a season with a QBR over 45 (Trubisky has done that) says he may actually be the worst option.  I’d rather go with your fave Mac Jones.  Or even Winston.  Or go after Carr.  Bringing in Mr Turnover Sam Darnold for significant draft capital would be a disaster.  He’d be in an all new system.  So if we started him it would basically be like starting a rookie.  Hard pass.  

Eason had more pedigree going into college.  Circumstances kept him off the field.  Yet when he was on it, he didn’t turn it over at the rate of Sam.  Sam has been given a chance and has mostly flopped.  Why does he deserve another over Eason getting a first chance?  We haven’t turned into one of the better organizations in the league by taking proven busts from dysfunctional organizations thinking that we can fix players that just weren’t very good to begin with...  No thanks. 

The worst option would be Wentz. Several similarities between Sam and Carson in the mold both are broken down QBs.

Difference is Wentz contract is terrible and Darnold is very cap friendly. 

He can come here suck and it wouldn't hinder the future as much 

35 minutes ago, #12. said:

After getting all our hopes up on Luck, that Trubisky burger sure will be tasty.  

Maybe both just got hit too often.

Chicago spent too much on Defense, and it didn't pay.

At Green Bay, Drive 1, Red Zone. Trubisky's end zone pass goes through Robinson's hands and hits A Rob in the face mask!

Next pass hits Kmet's chest, between the numbers, and bounces off, luckily not intercepted.

Later in the 1st half, Packers score a strip sack fumble TD, as TWO Green Bay defenders grab Trubisky's face mask, to pull his head down, to reach over his head and knock the ball out.

Maybe Trubisky is just unlucky, or maybe his passes are hard to catch.

The dropped TD by Wims vs Saints didn't look hard to catch.

But Wims may have hurt his hand throwing a punch or 2...Anthony Miller was thrown out for the same misbehavior in New Orleans.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The worst option would be Wentz. Several similarities between Sam and Carson in the mold both are broken down QBs.

Difference is Wentz contract is terrible and Darnold is very cap friendly. 

He can come here suck and it wouldn't hinder the future as much 

I’m not high on him either.  He very well could be worst because of the cost.  Especially if he gets here and struggles. I could see Frank sticking with him anyway (because of his fragile ego) while the team crumbles.  Wentz has got some serious character rebuilding to do on top of re-finding his game. 

Archived